Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 23 of 24[ 924 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Re: Riddles, puzzles and other general tricksTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

I suppose I can do another puzzle alongside Hanzo's.

A man was found murdered inside a portable toilet. A very living man was found locked inside with the body, with the murder weapon and all. However, he was let go and another man was arrested, despite him being very far away from the crime scene. How did this happen and, more importantly, how did the crime take place?

Remember, you are allowed to ask questions regarding the crime. However, you are NOT allowed to ask the suspects anything. You're limited to evidence and the crime scene. I will also add a hint system, for those who really need it.

Updated Info:
The murder weapon was a knife.
The toilet can be locked from both the inside and out but there is no way to tell which side was used to lock it from just looking at it.
The living man was concious.
If the toilet is locked from one side, it can only be unlocked from that side.
The portable toilet is just a generic toilet from some generic company that provides portable toilets to the entire area.
There were bloodstains found all over the inside of the toilet.
No prints were found on the knife or lock. :godot:
Thunder84 wrote:
You sneaky bastard...

It's a normal lock you see on a portable toilet, where you turn it to unlock and lock the door.
It was a sunny day, without a cloud or wet ground in sight. :godot: :godot:
The living man had a bruise on his forehead and some on his arms and legs.
No blood stains were found on the arrested man, only blood traces that were found around his shoulder area but seemed to be incomplete towards the back area.
The living man has bloodstains all over his face and the chest area of his shirt, as if it were splattered. There was also blood found on his shoes.
The blood found on the living person belong to the victim, The traces on the arrested man can't be identified because they're, obviously, traces.
No prints were found in odd places.
Reminder that hints are available to those who need them.
An ID card with a picture of the arrested man was found stuck under the door. It's slightly bent and there is blood found only on the side that is on the inside of the portable toilet.
Read above for the answer to your most recent question, Thunder.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Last edited by Apollo4Justice on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:38 am, edited 17 times in total.

Again, I'm making this a separate post for the sake of space when the original post is full of updated info.
Spoiler: Hint 1
There are two key pieces of information used to figure out who the killer was.

Spoiler: Hint 2
Going off the previous hint, a very good question arises when trying to find out what else exists somewhere. Perhaps that should be asked?

Spoiler: Hint 3
Cloks are very l(o)cky fellows, indeed. Perhaps you should get to know one better.

Spoiler: Mega Hint
Based off of what you discovered from the previous two hints, what would need to happen in order for someone from the outside to commit a murder and frame another for it?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Again, I'm making this a separate post for the sake of space when the original post is full of updated info.
There are two key pieces of information used to figure out who the killer was.

Going off the previous hint, a very good question arises when trying to find out what else exists somewhere. Perhaps that should be asked?

Cloks are very l(o)cky fellows, indeed. Perhaps you should get to know one better.

Spoiler: Mega Hint
Based off of what you discovered from the previous two hints, what would need to happen in order for someone from the outside to commit a murder and frame another for it?

Cloks?

What was the murder weapon? Was the toilet locked on the inside, or the outside? How was it locked? And was the living man in the porta-potty conscious?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Speaking of murder, a friend of mine posted this puzzle on a social media website.

The puzzle goes like this:

A man was murdered in his study. The suspects are Gerry, Julie, Jason, Nick, and Sophie.
The numbers 6, 4, 9, 10, and 11 are written on the calendar with blood.

WHO IS THE KILLER?

Spoiler:
I have a friend named Gerry who I blame everything on, so it's gotta be him. The numbers were his previous test scores, and the victim was his teacher, and he was pissy at him for giving him bad grades.

Last edited by Thunder84 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace Explorer

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Speaking of murder, a friend of mine posted this puzzle on a social media website.

A man was murdered in his study. The suspects are Gerry, Julie, Jason, Nick, and Sophie.

WHO IS THE KILLER?

Spoiler:
Jason. The numbers correspond to months, and the first letter of each month spells the name:
June
April
September
October
November

Well? Are we going or what?

Another thing I should make clear, I will add the answers to questions in order of oldest to most recent answers in the original post with the puzzle, so you'll have to check there.
Edit: Yes, Thunder, Cloks. You'll have to figure out what it means on your own. It was intentional, don't worry.

Last edited by Apollo4Justice on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Alonso Swift wrote:
Hanzo Shimada wrote:

WHO IS THE KILLER?

Spoiler:
Jason. The numbers correspond to months, and the first letter of each month spells the name:
June
April
September
October
November

Spoiler:
Just kidding, this was my answer.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:

A man was found murdered inside a portable toilet. A very living man was found locked inside with the body, with the murder weapon and all. However, he was let go and another man was arrested, despite him being very far away from the crime scene. How did this happen and, more importantly, how did the crime take place?

Remember, you are allowed to ask questions regarding the crime. However, you are NOT allowed to ask the suspects anything. You're limited to evidence and the crime scene. I will also add a hint system, for those who really need it.

Updated Info:
The toilet can be locked from both the inside and out but there is no way to tell which side was used to lock it.
The living man was concious,

Hmm...

If the toilet is locked from the outside, is it still possible for it to be unlocked from the inside?

EX: If it was locked from the outside, could someone on the inside unlock it and escape?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:

Updated Info:
The toilet can be locked from both the inside and out but there is no way to tell which side was used to lock it.

I think I might be getting an idea here...

Where did the portable toilet (keyword portable) come from? Are there other similar ones in the area, or did it come from another set of toilets from a different place?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:

Updated Info:
The toilet can be locked from both the inside and out but there is no way to tell which side was used to lock it from just looking at it.
The portable toilet is just a generic toilet from some generic company that provides portable toilets to the entire area.

Were there any bloodstains inside the porta-potty? Or were they located somewhere else?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Well, I'll give it a shot:

Spoiler:
The killer stabbed the man beforehand. He threw the body into a porta potty, where the other man just happened to be using the restroom, removed the knife, and locked the door. He then either left the area, or moved the porta potty somewhere else.

Spoiler: Thunder's Answer
Close but not exactly. Remember, you also need to determine why the other man was arrested in the place of the man in the toilet, on top of how the crime occurred. And some parts of your theory are off as well.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Close but not exactly. Remember, you also need to determine why the other man was arrested in the place of the man in the toilet, on top of how the crime occurred.

Spoiler:
I would say fingerprints on the knife, but that seems to obvious. But what about the lock? If his prints are on that, then he would've been the one to lock it, and thus the killer. So that's my guess: Prints on the lock (or knife)

Sleeping is my life.

Alonso Swift wrote:
Hanzo Shimada wrote:

WHO IS THE KILLER?

Spoiler:
June
April
September
October
November

The winner is you!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:

You sneaky bastard...

Spoiler: Try again Thunder
Hmm, no prints...there has to be something to trace it back to him though. So, a few more questions:

What type of lock is it? (Key lock, number lock, etc)
What was the weather (Mostly, was it wet enough for there to be footprints?)

Sleeping is my life.

Hmmm...

Did the living man suffered any kind of injury?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
You sneaky bastard...

It's a normal lock you see on a portable toilet, where you turn it to unlock and lock the door.

Goddammit, if I had a hard murder problem I'd be rubbing in your face so much right now :grey: (Unfortunately I don't)

Spoiler:
Welp, continuing on. Bloodstains on the arrested person (The one away from the crime scene?)

Sleeping is my life.

Just thought of something.

Did either the living man or the killer have blood on their clothes?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Just thought of something.

Did either the living man or the killer have blood on their clothes?

Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:
Welp, continuing on. Bloodstains on the arrested person (The one away from the crime scene?)

Smart brains think alike, my friend.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
No blood stains were found on the arrested man, only blood traces that were found around his shoulder area but seemed to be incomplete towards the back area.

Spoiler:
So the man inside the toilet must've been attacked, I'm assuming. Um...does the blood belong to the victim?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
The living man has bloodstains all over his face and the chest area of his shirt, as if it were splattered. There was also blood found on his shoes.
The blood found on the living person belong to the victim, The traces on the arrested man can't be identified because they're, obviously, traces.

Spoiler:
The man must've been unconscious when the knife was pulled then, due to the bloodstains in the toilet only. If the it was pulled before he was conscious, then the body would've had to have been removed from the toilet. As for the arrested man, well, we're running out of possible connections. Prints on the porta-potty in odd places?

Sleeping is my life.

Other than the knife, was anything else of interest discovered?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:

Updated Info:
There were bloodstains found all over the inside of the toilet.
Thunder84 wrote:
You sneaky bastard...

No prints were found in odd places.
Reminder that hints are available to those who need them.

So, uh...what's this other thing that exists elsewhere? Also, still confused on the Cloks thing...

Anyway, thing that exists elsewhere...um...was anything that should've been discovered at the crime scene not?
EX: The victim's shoe isn't by the crime scene, the innocent man inside the porta-potty's wallet was in another place, etc.

Actually, it was a spirit medium. Maya came in and channeled the victim. Case closed!

Did I make this thing too hard, so much so that we burned through about 15 questions? :oops: Or is it the right amount of difficult?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
An ID card with a picture of the arrested man was found stuck under the door. It's slightly bent and there is blood found only on the side that is on the inside of the portable toilet.

WAITWAITWAIT
Spoiler:
This is obviously what connects the man to the scene, and his ID being halfway in with only half blood means that it was there when the door was locked, and before the knife was pulled. I think I got it:

The victim was killed beforehand, and the other man was assaulted to create a suspect. The blood traces on the killer were from the other man, not the victim. They were put together inside the porta-potty with the knife still in place, and the ID got lodged inside the door. The other man became conscious and pulled the knife, causing only half the ID card to get soaked.

Oooooh! That's
Spoiler: Thunder's Second Answer
...almost a bingo. You're SO close but just a few details are off. I could just tell you, if you want, considering how close you are.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Oooooh! That's
Spoiler: Thunder's Second Answer
...almost a bingo. You're SO close but just a few details are off. I could just tell you, if you want, considering how close you are.

Spoiler:
Blood traces from the victim instead of the other man? And the other man was assaulted because he was a witness to the crime, not to make a suspect?

It more had to do with
the guy being unconscious in the first place

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
It more had to do with
the guy being unconscious in the first place

Spoiler:
Was he bruised when the body was thrown into the porta-potty?

Switch
Spoiler:
"body" with "he" and remove the unconscious bit and "that's a bingo!" :pearly:

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Switch
Spoiler:
"body" with "he" and remove the unconscious bit and "that's a bingo!" :pearly:

Allow me to do, what I presume, is the true answer?

Spoiler:
The victim was killed beforehand. The other man was forcibly shoved into the porta-potty, and the body was thrown in behind him, knife still in place. The ID card remained there, and the blood on half the card shows that the knife was pulled by the other man inside the porta-potty.

:glasses: You're SO close. The only things wrong with it are
Spoiler:
the assumption that the body wasn't in the toilet the whole time and when the knife was removed.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
:glasses: You're SO close. The only things wrong with it are
Spoiler:
the assumption that the body wasn't in the toilet the whole time and when the knife was removed.

Damn, I'm fairly lost at this point. I can only think that the two people were in the toilet at the same time, and the only reason why I can assume that is true is for a very NSFW reason that I won't say, so, uh, yeah.

I'll spare you another hour of having to think this through.
Spoiler: True Answer
The true sequence of events is that the arrested man stabbed the victim and removed the knife immediately, spraying blood everywhere. This was in the portable toilet. Then he left the knife there and ran out. He grabbed the first person he saw and threw them head-first into the portable toilet, and the body, and locked the door. While he did this, however, he dropped his ID card, which got stuck in the door. Since the blood was where it was, the side of the card that was on the inside of the toilet was covered in blood. The murderer then switched clothes and cleaned himself off. However, the blood traces remained, being cut off because the shirt continued the streak of blood. The police identified him as the culprit because of the card.

Too hard? :basil:

Last edited by Apollo4Justice on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I'll spare you another hour of having to think this through.
Spoiler: True Answer
The true sequence of events is that the arrested man stabbed the victim and removed the knife immediately, spraying blood everywhere. This was in the portable toilet. Then he left the knife there and ran out. He grabbed the first person he saw and threw them head-first into the portable toilet, and the body, and locked the door. While he did this, however, he dropped his ID card, which got stuck in the door. Since the blood was where it was, the side of the card that was on the inside of the toilet was covered in blood. The murderer then switched clothes and cleaned himself off. However, the blood traces remained, being cut off because the shirt continued the streak of blood. The police identified him as the culprit because of the card.

Spoiler:
That bloodstain thing with the shirts is clever. Hell, the whole mystery is clever. Although, to be fair, wouldn't someone have seen/heard the man getting shoved into the toilet? I imagine he would've been calling out for help if he saw a bloody man try to throw him into a toilet.

It was an empty park? :basil:

Happy Maria

The average of the numbers is 8, but no one's name starts with a H. So I'm suspecting Gerrie because G is close eniugh

By the way, Thunder, if you haven't figured it out already, "Cloks" is "locks" with the "c" moved.

Here's another riddle. One inspired by my recently finished VLR playthrough.
9 people are playing the AB Game. The one in charge of the game is a person called Zero, who has full control over the game. Each one's name corresponds to a letter, the first being A and so on. Each group is divided into one pair and one solo. The rules are the same, they each start with 3 BP and can vote Ally or Betray and their BP changes accordingly. If both choose Ally, each rises 2 BP. If both Betray, neither gain nor lose points. If one Allies and the other Betrays, the one who Betrays rises up 3, and the other loses 2. Their task is to escape, as always, and they can do so once they reach 9 BP. The results for each round are as follows:
Round 1:
Pair 1: A, B Vote: Ally Result: 5 BP
Solo 1: C Vote: Ally Result: 5 BP

Pair 2: D, E Vote: Betray Result: 6 BP
Solo: F Vote: Ally Result: 1 BP

Pair 3: G, H Vote: Ally Result: 5 BP
Solo 3: I Vote: Ally Result: 5 BP

Round 2:
Pair 1: D, E Vote: Ally Result: 4 BP
Solo: I Vote: Betray Result: 8 BP

Pair 2: G, H Vote: Ally Result: 7 BP
Solo 2: F Vote: Ally Result: 4 BP

Pair 3: A, B Vote: Ally Result: 7 BP
Solo 3: C Vote: Ally Result: 7 BP

Round 3:
Pair 1: D, E Vote: Betray Result: 4 BP
Solo 1: I Vote: Betray Result: 8 BP

Pair 2: G, H Vote: Ally Result: 9 BP
Solo 2: C Vote: Ally Result: 9 BP

Pair 3: A, B Vote: Ally Result: 9 BP
Pair: F Vote: Ally Result: 6 BP

G, H, and C were just about to leave when they were distracted by everyone blowing up on D and E, claiming that one of them was Zero and their accomplice because of what happened during the AB Game. The fight heated even further but suddenly, A interjected with a simple phrase. "That accusation is entirely false". When they asked what he was talking about, he simply said, once again, "Because I know who Zero is". With a few gasps and demands for an answer, he finally said, "Zero is you!", pointing at....

To Be Continued....

Story Lock: Who is Zero?

That's basically the question you need to figure out. Same rules as my previous riddles. Have a nice trick! :pearly:

And the usual hints.
What you need to solve this is in the puzzle, yet again.

Focus more on the AB Game itself find what you need.

Think about what Zero would or wouldn't do to make themselves obvious.

Spoiler: Super Hint
Zero has full control over the events of the game, This is key to solving the puzzle of who Zero is.

Page 23 of 24 [ 924 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices