Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Penny Nichols Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

She's seriously underrated,man. Sure,she may not be important to the case itself,but she's actually really helpful. :penny:

She helps alert the player of Cody in the first day,gives us info on the Steel Samurai and the accident on the last day,and who could forget :pokeman: on the second day?
Seriously,while Basil might have the funnier lines,Penny has:

* A very neat design (though in the artbook,she has a blue and white shirt instead of brown and white)
* A better personality
* And WAY more of a presence.

Seriously,am I alone on this? Everyone I talk to says that she's just a personality-less girl who's just there. :sadshoe:

Last edited by Southern Corn on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Penny Nichols,Man.Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Personality-less? She's a Steel Samurai fan. All SS fans have personality! How else are they supposed to be fans!

Jk, but I like Penny too. She quite reminds me of, well, me. If I was a character in-universe, I'm sure I'd be her. We usually calm but super hyped about fandom stuff kind of fans should always stick together. :3
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The video game boy; the one who wins

Penny is great.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
We usually calm but super hyped about fandom stuff kind of fans should always stick together. :3

I think that's most fans,really.
Re: Penny Nichols Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Southern Corn wrote:
* A very neat design (though in the artbook,she has a blue and white shirt instead of brown and white)
* A better personality

I like Penny well enough, but nothing of that is true. :basil:

Happy Maria

luck wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
* A better personality

Okay,counterattack time!

Yeah,Penny may not be the the best character in terms of the three points,but I was comparing her to Lisa on those points. Lemme revise 'em:

*Okay,maybe design is subjective,but I really like how....brown she is? Lisa is too blue for me.
* In personality,Lisa has none. Penny,however,has a hilarious 'fangirl' side to her,as seen in day 2 of investigation.
* Finally,Lisa only appears in day two of investigation,while Penny is seen in all days,in completely different locations-Studio One,Employee Area,the Trailer,and the main gate. Lisa....only appears in her office,and you only have to go to her twice at least.

Southern Corn wrote:
luck wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
* A better personality

Okay,counterattack time!

Yeah,Penny may not be the the best character in terms of the three points,but I was comparing her to Lisa on those points. Lemme revise 'em:

*Okay,maybe design is subjective,but I really like how....brown she is? Lisa is too blue for me.
* In personality,Lisa has none. Penny,however,has a hilarious 'fangirl' side to her,as seen in day 2 of investigation.
* Finally,Lisa only appears in day two of investigation,while Penny is seen in all days,in completely different locations-Studio One,Employee Area,the Trailer,and the main gate. Lisa....only appears in her office,and you only have to go to her twice at least.

I was comparing her to Lisa, too. I just happen to be a huge fan of Lisa Basil, you see.
Lisa has a personality, a pretty robotic one, but that was the point. Penny is basically a normal fangirl, which I guess was also the point, but I tend to enjoy the most 'out there' characters, so to speak. So obviously I also like more Basil's design.
And regardless of screentime, Lisa left a much stronger impression on me. I remembered her role much better in my first replay. I'm not sure I even remembered that poor Penny existed at the time.

^Same. I wouldn't say I forgot Penny, but Lisa was border-line unforgettable. She was such a clever take on all those service people. Seeing her sweat and the robotic personality start to crack made me wonder if irl people like that would act the same way under pressure.

Happy Maria

I guess y'all have a point,but Lisa was a bit..,straight forward,if you ask me. Penny had a twist to her:she seemed normal but was actually a huge fun on the Steel Samurai.

Also I love that they brought her back in GK2 for no reason :P

cody nikchols hakins penny

she needs her own game no honestly i think she would be better than apollo :apollo:

cody nikchols hakins penny

she needs her own game no honestly i think she would be better than apollo :apollo: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Happy Maria

ninjafoxy wrote:
she needs her own game no honestly i think she would be better than apollo :apollo: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :penny: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :pokeman: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Yeah same

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I think the one reason why Penny left such a strong impression on me when I first played was because she was basically me but with a different palette. Though, I'm not as fond of side-tails as I used to be.

Still holding out for the slimmest chance that Samurai trading cards become a real thing.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Happy Maria

I'll collect all the Super Ultra Premium cards then
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby