Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

DGS2 info: "Ryuutarou", returning characters, DLC, web demoTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This post will be updated with proper info later, but bullet points of DGS2 info from tonight's stream:

• DGS2-1 will feature "Naruhodou Ryuutarou" as the protagonist, who was silhouetted in the January trailer. Ryuutarou is definitely Naruhodou's cousin and not Susato in disguise. 100%.
  • DGS2-1 features Souseki and Hosonaga in returning roles, and a familiar face as the victim...
  • DGS2-2(?) again features Souseki as the defendant, with several jurors from DGS1-4 returning.
  • Van Zieks appears to return as the main prosecutor of the game. At the very least, he's the prosecutor in Souseki's case and is being shown in the marketing.
  • A DGS1+2 bundle will be available at launch and include a special mini-soundtrack.
  • A limited edition of the game will be available to order at e-Capcom tomorrow, April 18th.
  • A playable demo will be available on the DGS2 site shortly.

Details to be added...

Up: some more details from the demo and official site.

Episode 1 begins 2 months after Susato returns to Japan. When a beautiful English woman (who players may recognize) is murdered in a beach house, Susato’s friend Haori Murasame is accused. With Ryuunosuke still in England, Susato dons attorney garb of her own and heads to court to defend Haori herself, under the guise of “Naruhodou Ryuutarou”, Ryuunosuke’s cousin. Satoru Hosonaga and Natsume Souseki serve as witnesses; they had gone with Haori and the victim to the beach and witnessed Haori drawing a bloody weapon from the victim's back.

Later, back in England, Souseki finds himself the accused in yet another case when someone lodging in the same home as him winds up dead. Ryuunosuke takes on Souseki’s defense (with a little help from Holmes as always), but prosecutor Van Zieks is waiting at court.

In terms of DLC, a pair of Asinine Attorney cases will be available for people who preorder the game - one focuses on Asougi and Ryuunosuke, and the other focuses on Holmes and Barok, with Asougi/Holmes serving as the playable characters. Costume DLC will also be available for free for Ryuunosuke, Susato, and Holmes until August 31st, and as a paid download afterwards. Finally, an Asougi+Ryuu theme and Holmes+Barok theme will be available for people who order the game at the retailers Geo and Yamada Denki, respectively.

L~A wrote:

You can give Susato's trial a spin right here!

[Court-Records is looking for a copywriting manager!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS2 info: "Ryuutarou", returning characters, DLC, web dTopic%20Title

Don't know why I read the post since I didn't play DGS1 but I don't think I'll remember these names anyway

Susato being the attorney in the first case is adorable, though. And I find it very interesting that Van Zieks is returning as the main prosecutor, considering this is the first time in AA history to do so. On one hand, I'm disappointed because the new prosecutor is one of my favorite things to anticipate for each game. On the other, I haven't played the game yet

Reposting for new thread...

Footage (Part 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DxTcJAz2A
Footage (Part 2): https://youtu.be/ox1HMC_5GPE

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TczvMH6_Fk
Trailer (with subs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOqR-y7jXKQ

Also, demo already available: http://www.capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten2/trial/
ImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

Is it bad to have a slight hope that they will release the 2 games bundled together in the west? Or maybe they'll decide to start by releasing the 1st one since there isnt any other main series game that they could release this year? I mean its not a realistic expectation but I can still be hopeful right?

JesusMonroe wrote:
I find it very interesting that Van Zieks is returning as the main prosecutor, considering this is the first time in AA history to do so. On one hand, I'm disappointed because the new prosecutor is one of my favorite things to anticipate for each game. On the other, I haven't played the game yet

I definitely think it makes sense because his story wasn't finished (we barely have any details on his life before DGS). And its funny that you said that because I don't think I ever even considered that there would be a new main prosecutor for the sequel (which doesn't make much sense since they had never done that before). But I'm not disappointed at all since Van Zieks is probably one of my favorite prosecutors

Also :edgey:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Ryuutarou is definitely Naruhodou's cousin and not Susato in disguise. 100%.

ApollozJustice wrote:
Is it bad to have a slight hope that they will release the 2 games bundled together in the west? Or maybe they'll decide to start by releasing the 1st one since there isnt any other main series game that they could release this year? I mean its not a realistic expectation but I can still be hopeful right?

Yes, it definitely is, because there's absolutely 0 chance of that happening. Ever.

But hey, who am I to judge you. I can't even shut up that little voice that keeps going "DGS localisation is happening, believe!" in my head.
ImageImageImage

L~A wrote:

Quite disappointing they're only re-using the music from DGS1. Hope in the final game there will be new tracks.

[quote="ApollozJustice"]
I definitely think it makes sense because his story wasn't finished (we barely have any details on his life before DGS). And its funny that you said that because I don't think I ever even considered that there would be a new main prosecutor for the sequel (which doesn't make much sense since they had never done that before). But I'm not disappointed at all since Van Zieks is probably one of my favorite prosecutors
/quote]
I mean if his story wasn't finished, I'd more expect him to be the final case prosecutor or something. But given that this is the game that'll wrap everything up, I guess he needs more time

Programmer

I'm disappointed in the demo. It's shit technology. Everything, including the text, is prerendered video. No engine is implemented. Oh, and they are doing the insane thing of using a video decoder written in javascript.

Did all the competent coders run away or something? I know they have real programmers who knows how to make a real engine. They did it for the real game! And then there is the demo for Ghost Trick, they really did reimplement the engine that time!
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Mia Payne

henke37 wrote:
I'm disappointed in the demo. It's shit technology. Everything, including the text, is prerendered video. No engine is implemented. Oh, and they are doing the insane thing of using a video decoder written in javascript.

Did all the competent coders run away or something? I know they have real programmers who knows how to make a real engine. They did it for the real game! And then there is the demo for Ghost Trick, they really did reimplement the engine that time!

I *KNEW* something was off with the demo. They probably knew the game was shit and didn't care tried to rush it to get it out quickly after the stream.

I wanted the first case to be a flashback where you play as Asougi, but this sounds pretty damn fun too. The victim of this case was unexpected though. Or at least said person dying so early...

Gotta agree about the demo though, it looked really awful on my computer. I was worried that was just me. Can't wait for an actual eshop demo to be released.
Signature loading, please wait...

迷探偵

henke37 wrote:

I know next to nothing about technology, but isn't it because they wanted to make sure the demo can run on most devices (read: especially smart phones from various generations)? Fewer people use (or even have) a PC in Japan in general, especially nowadays when a phone is more than enough for everyday life. I remember they had to make special (more limited) demos for Gyakuten Kenji 2 for Japanese garake cell phones too back then.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Programmer

Here is what they should have done: Implement a basic text typing engine in js. Add in some control codes (flashes, animations, question, etc). Keep the character animations as videos. That would have run much better and worked just fine in mobile browsers. If nothing else, it would have saved on bandwidth. All those videos aren't even comparable to actually storing text as text.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Ace Fangirl

Lusankya wrote:
L~A wrote:

Quite disappointing they're only re-using the music from DGS1. Hope in the final game there will be new tracks.

There are, from what I can tell, two new tracks in the demo. It's disappointing the cross-examination music is the same, though. I hope that will change in the final product, because the cross-examination music is always my favorite track of the OST.

so it was not just me, the demo really didn't work this time, strange because previous demos for AA5 , AA6 and DGS1 worked perfectly, but DGS2 demo refused to work on Opera browser, when i tried to open it on Chrome, a million pop-up windows opened at once and tried to download like all the voice files of the demo -i have IDM installed, had to turn it off after that- never in my life i faced something like that...
When i finally got to play it, it just lagged HARD, didn't play smooth for me at all and the voices sometimes keeps playing on top of each other, in the court i had to literally wait every time the characters end their speech , had to see the loading icon every second, in the end i just gave up and watched the footage instead.

I had my doubts about the performance on my part, but i just returned to the previous demos without an issue, so this is baffling.

At least i learned that downloading the new music from the demo -if there is any- should be easy .

What's the DLC mentioned in the title? The post itself doesn't talk about it.

迷探偵

Cesar Zero wrote:
What's the DLC mentioned in the title? The post itself doesn't talk about it.

1) Two Asinine Attorney shorts for early purchases (will not be made available for purchase later).
2) DLC costumes for Ryunosuke, Susato and Holmes (first couple of weeks free; available for purchase afterwards)
3) Store-exclusive 3DS themes
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ace Fangirl

Okay but... Why is nobody acknowledging that in the screenshots:

Spoiler: Spoilers for Case 2 victim
The victim looks an AWFUL lot like Juror #3, aka Knife Guy? Isn't this the apartment belonging to that weird Shakespeare actor? Unless it's the actor guy wearing Juror #3's clothes for some reason. (I checked character art from the first game and they're definitely not the same person, so either Juror #3 is dead or it's the actor himself.)

Why is it that Souseki gets arrested for some guy being found dead in someone else's apartment? He's the defendant, isn't he?

A New Chapter of Trials!

I know that I probably won't be able to play this game until a fan translation comes out 500 years from now, but dang Susato looks so dashing when crossdressing!
Eureka!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Added some clarification to the first post about the DLC. I kinda crashed after the stream/first news postings, sorry!

So, it's really interesting how much they're carrying over from the past game. At this point we've seen a grand total of one new character (two if you count the new juror), as even the victim of DGS2-2 looks like a minor character from DGS1 (and the demo confirms the victim of 2-1 is exactly who you think it is). And much of the music is being reused directly.

Coupled with the DGS1+2 bundle they're selling, it honestly feels like they wanted to make one gigantic Ace Attorney game but had to split it into two games. I almost wonder if when you boot up DGS2 the first case will be labeled "Episode 6".
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I mean, they already said the original scenario was too big and had to be split right? I think that may have been exactly what happened...it would not be the first time AA devs try to make a game too big and end up changing stuff.

Art Person

I started playing the demo and LMAO This is great!
(Accidentally closed the tab part way through, so I'll re-play in full later)

OBJECTION!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Coupled with the DGS1+2 bundle they're selling, it honestly feels like they wanted to make one gigantic Ace Attorney game but had to split it into two games. I almost wonder if when you boot up DGS2 the first case will be labeled "Episode 6".

Cesar Zero wrote:
I mean, they already said the original scenario was too big and had to be split right? I think that may have been exactly what happened...it would not be the first time AA devs try to make a game too big and end up changing stuff.

If I recall correctly :ron: , it was originally supposed to be a single story that spanned 3 games, unlike the original trilogy where each game's stories were mostly unconnected. However due to the poor sales of the 1st game, Capcom has forced the developers to condense the 2nd and 3rd game into a single game

Not really, I think the interview only specifically mentioned multiple games, not how many, there hasn't been any confirmation about it being a trilogy, or reducing the number of games (While lower than the average AA, DGS sales cannot really be called bad at all.). We don't even have 100% confirmation of this being the last game.

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

JesusMonroe wrote:
Don't know why I read the post since I didn't play DGS1 but I don't think I'll remember these names anyway

Susato being the attorney in the first case is adorable, though. And I find it very interesting that Van Zieks is returning as the main prosecutor, considering this is the first time in AA history to do so. On one hand, I'm disappointed because the new prosecutor is one of my favorite things to anticipate for each game. On the other, I haven't played the game yet

I wouldn't consider it set in stone yet that Barok is the "main prosecutor", though it does seem like this game is rehashing a lot of elements from the first game.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't say that a woman dressing up as a man to do a job is necessarily "adorable". She's supposed to know her way around the court process, right?you expected Mulan didn't you

Am I doing this right?

Meowzy wrote:
Okay but... Why is nobody acknowledging that in the screenshots:

Spoiler: Spoilers for Case 2 victim
The victim looks an AWFUL lot like Juror #3, aka Knife Guy? Isn't this the apartment belonging to that weird Shakespeare actor? Unless it's the actor guy wearing Juror #3's clothes for some reason. (I checked character art from the first game and they're definitely not the same person, so either Juror #3 is dead or it's the actor himself.)

Why is it that Souseki gets arrested for some guy being found dead in someone else's apartment? He's the defendant, isn't he?

I know right? I feel sad that Juror #3 is the victim of the case, and I can't believe no one else is talking about it..

OBJECTION!

Cesar Zero wrote:
Not really, I think the interview only specifically mentioned multiple games, not how many, there hasn't been any confirmation about it being a trilogy, or reducing the number of games (While lower than the average AA, DGS sales cannot really be called bad at all.). We don't even have 100% confirmation of this being the last game.

Oh well that makes me happier knowing that the sales weren't bad. I don't know why I was under the impression that it was a trilogy that was cut down to 2 games either. I guess I heard it somewhere, but it just goes to show that you can't trust everything you hear

The miracle never happen

English release when?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Beautiful flower

HECK YEAH IM SO EXCITED :gant: :gant: :gant:

Assuming the first victim is 'that person', I'm really curious why the incident takes place in a beach house because
Spoiler: DGS1-1 spoilers
I thought she'd been deported to England for a retrial/punishment*, but now she looks like she was having a grand old time in Japan still, up to her last moments.

*pretty weird that this didn't happen during the course of DGS3-5 as well, what was going on?

I love Auchi's hair, good continuity there. :payne:

I assume DGS2-2 is a flashback case? Because
Spoiler: DGS1-5
Susato is there, London team adopted Souseki's cat in Case 5 (so Souseki should've left England by then), AND Ryuunosuke still can defend people, which isn't possible after DGS1-5 because he's now banned from courtroom

This means Souseki is involved in 2 court cases between DGS1-4 to DGS1-5, what rotten luck (can't remember the timespan between those cases but it's not big right)

The new female juror have Patricia Roland vibes. I hope she's her ancestor.

Also, costume DLC? I wonder what kind of costumes our favourite characters will get to wear! I'm so excited!!
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Ace Fangirl

If I'm understanding things correctly:

Spoiler: Mild spoilers for 2-1 and 2-2
Jezail spent nine months waiting to be transferred over into English jurisdiction for her sentencing. It's possible this was all dragged out on purpose, what with strained relationship between the two countries. Either way, she was supposed to be taken to Shanghai for the sentencing (unsure why that is), but requested to be taken to the beach on her last day in Japan. Hosonaga was there to supervise/be her bodyguard. Obviously, he failed miserably yet again.

I think that 2-2 doesn't have to be a flashback at all. It's possible that after case 2-1, Susato and Souseki travel to London together. Perhaps they learn something important about Jezail and the murder that requires them to go back to England and report on it in person. As for Ryunosuke being disbarred, when has that ever stopped our lawyer team from sticking their nose into certain death? For one, Holmes never stopped being a detective, so it's natural he'd get called in to investigate and if that's the case, Ryunosuke and Susato could tag along. Souseki might've requested that Ryunosuke be his attorney, too.

Was the disbarred thing actually confirmed either way? Because all I can remember is that Ryunosuke 'isn't standing in court anymore' after what happened at the end of the first game.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm not sure why everyone is saying Ryutarou is Susato in disguise. Ryutarou is clearly Maya Fey.

Happy Maria

Ahem..

WHAAAAAAAAAAT

Spoiler: DGS1 plus promo
JEZAIL DEAD,HOSONOGA RETURNING,AND SUSATO CROSSDRESSING WHAT IS THIS GAME ALREADY

Thunder84 wrote:
I'm not sure why everyone is saying Ryutarou is Susato in disguise. Ryutarou is clearly Maya Fey.

Ah,of course. So clearly she's the killer,thus explaining how she is the mastermind behind everything that ever was.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Spoiler:
I'm also really curious to the fact that Jezail's dead. There's nothing quite establishing a looming threat like offing the person who offed John Watson.

I can't help but think a certain consulting criminal might be involved in this whole affair...but that's probably just me.

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm also really curious to the fact that Jezail's dead. There's nothing quite establishing a looming threat like offing the person who offed John Watson.

I can't help but think a certain consulting criminal might be involved in this whole affair...but that's probably just me.

Spoiler:
It's probably related to the thing about how no one escaped the "curse" of Barok, where anyone who got away with a murder in his presence die shortly after the trial

Also,quick RIP of 3 pieces of new music from the web demo, not looped correctly , no fade out or anything.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vk8q8ts3j ... _music.rar

Just the new music from the end of the first trailer labeled as "aibou_no_intro" , and two variations for the objection theme of "ryuutarou" -even though it's labeled as the objection theme of the character you exactly think of-

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Anyway, is anyone making a translation or a guide for the web demo?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

OBJECTION!

Spoiler: Crazy Case 1 Theory
I just had a crazy idea, what if that dead body isn't really Jezail Brett. Since we never saw her face, maybe someone killed another girl and dressed her up to look like Jezail. Then, they switched out the body with the real Jezail at the beach in order for the real Jezail to escape.

Ace Fangirl

ApollozJustice wrote:
Spoiler: Crazy Case 1 Theory
I just had a crazy idea, what if that dead body isn't really Jezail Brett. Since we never saw her face, maybe someone killed another girl and dressed her up to look like Jezail. Then, they switched out the body with the real Jezail at the beach in order for the real Jezail to escape.

......... Okay not going to lie, that is a very good theory. If there's any character who's suitable for a twist like that, it's her.

Happy Maria

That would be the best twist for that person,honestly.

Surf's Up!

Kessler wrote:
English release when?

The same day when AAI2 is released (in other words, never).

Ash wrote:
1) Two Asinine Attorney shorts for early purchases (will not be made available for purchase later).

It seems weird to me that they would do that.

Happy Maria

Yeah,it's a bit curious that Takumi is taking the idea of the Asinine Cases from Yamazaki now. Though they'll probably be like the PLvsAA bonus episodes in writing.
Page 1 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes