Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 100 of 115[ 4579 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F1 - Chapter 4 TrialTopic%20Title

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Sayako was quaking in her shoes, on the verge of tears, and looked like she was about to be sick. This incident was particularly horrible, and to make matters worse, no investigation period meant she hadn't had a chance to compose herself after the trauma of seeing her dead friends. She spoke somewhat slowly, and even then struggled to recount what she remembered in a coherent way.

"I-I was... Room 2... S-Sakura... I-i-it had... oc-c-cult stuff... candles and... pen-pentagrams... P-P-P A system worked... s-solved the puzzle... voices... haunting... f-found a joystick... b-by the wall... then, g-gunshots... u-uh, opened a c-coffin... i-i-ins-side... it was V-Va..."

Apparently reaching her limit, Sayako buried her face in her hands and wept softly. "...then... g-gas... that... t-that's it..."

"S-So you found Van inside a coffin..?" Ryuji asked gently. "Do you remember if he was alive or not..?"

Slezak wrote:
"Sa-Sayako, please try to calm yourself," Jay insisted, wishing he could lay a hand on her shoulder for comfort, "Remember what you told me... We all need to work together so we can get through this. S-so, I a-assume Van was already-" Jay thought better of finishing the sentence. "Anyway, now just Sakura left..."

"S-sorry... you're, you're right... g-give me a moment..."

She removed her glasses and dried her eyes on the sleeve of her shirt, then took a few seconds to get her breathing back under control. After this, she still looked like a mess, but not the complete wreck she'd been. "He... he wasn't..." she told Ryuji. "But... I don't remember hearing a discovery announcement... s-so it must have been before you found him with me..."

"I think I'll at least throw a small bone in describing the set up of all this."

Hour 1: 9 people were distributed across 3 different rooms
Hour 2: 9 people were again distributed across 3 different rooms
Hour 3: 9 people were again distributed across 3 different rooms

"Since there are only 8 rooms, one of them was used twice."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Slezak wrote:
"Sa-Sayako, please try to calm yourself," Jay insisted, wishing he could lay a hand on her shoulder for comfort, "Remember what you told me... We all need to work together so we can get through this. S-so, I a-assume Van was already-" Jay thought better of finishing the sentence. "Anyway, now just Sakura left..."

"S-sorry... you're, you're right... g-give me a moment..."

She removed her glasses and dried her eyes on the sleeve of her shirt, then took a few seconds to get her breathing back under control. After this, she still looked like a mess, but not the complete wreck she'd been. "He... he wasn't..." she told Ryuji. "But... I don't remember hearing a discovery announcement... s-so it must have been before you found him with me..."

"W-Wait a minute," Ryuji stammered. "T-That means he had to have died during the second hour, right..? T-Then, he died while I was with him and that female voice..? I-I don't remember a thing..."

"I-It would make sense...Van dies, then the female voice and I discover his body, and then Sayako triggers the corpse discovery announcement..."

"I-If he was already... gone by the time we both found him, and there were only three room changes, it would have had to be in the first hour, I think..." Sayako replied, not sounding terribly certain.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"U-um, I just realized, I might need to clarify something," Jay spoke up, having replayed the cell phone conversation in his head, "There were two thuds, followed by Ryuji's yelp and the female's shriek. I at first thought the thuds were made against the wall, but it's possible that... Van knocked them out with something. Maybe it has to do with whom he found out Zero was? And then after Van apologized and said he needed to try to save someone, then the wall was smashed."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"You know what else I've been thinking about?" added Jay after nobody spoke up for a bit, "These joysticks bother me. There's been one in every room so far. They must be used to control something. You wanna know what I think? I think the rooms are like one giant sliding puzzle. That's right, I think the joystick is used to maneuver the entire room it's in. Why is that useful? Honestly, I'm not sure yet."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"I-I-I th-th-think I m-m-m-might be able t-to answer th-that..." Sakura finally spoke up, clearly very shaken. "U-um... j-just..." She took out some paper and began folding shapes to try and steady herself.

"S-so I was in room 1, with Matt and Arthur. It seemed like a normal room, with some computers and bookshelves. L-lots of space to work, too. The PA system w-was working in there."

"The puzzle involved moving books around on the shelves. At some point I fell, trying to move the highest books, a-and, I didn't realise until a little later, but I must have dropped some of my b-bullets when I did that. Matt, who was with me, p-probably picked them up then, w-which is why he h-had them later."

"Th-there was a joystick, but it was irrelevant best I c-could tell. B-b-b-but th-then..." Her hands started to shake so badly at that point that she couldn't even focus on her folding. She took a few moments to focus entirely on her work, deliberately doing overly-complex folds that required more concentration. Then she spoke up again, a little hysterically.

"I-I f-f-felt b-blood dripping on me! I l-l-looked up, a-and the ceiling w-was becoming stained with b-b-b-blood!" In the sudden silence, the sound of paper tearing was heard as her hands tensed up. With shaking hands Sakura threw the tattered model away with a little too much force, and then she continued.

"R-r-room 1 was supposed to b-be on the top level, according to the map." She said. "S-s-s-so... It s-s-s-sounds l-like Van w-w-was caught in... in between... w-when the r-r-rooms moved around like Jay s-suggested! Otherwise th-there... there shouldn't h-have been blood up th-there, as nothing's above it..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"But the joysticks didn't do anything when I found them. They were wired to a machine, but they didn't do much." Matt said. "So why wouldn't they have worked?"

"We interrupt this program to bring you this flashback."

Van picks up the pen to examine it but Monokuma shows up and grabs it out of his hand. “Yoink! Sorry, I shouldn’t have left that there.”

“What do you mean? What is that?”

“This? Have you ever seen the movie where those secret agents bust aliens? It’s the device they use to wipe the memories of any witnesses who may see something.”

“Hmph.” Arthur chortled. “That’s just a ridiculous film.”

“Well, this is real buddy! But not like I have anything to prove to you.” Monokuma swallows the device. “This is too OP, so I’m going to keep it for myself. End of discussion.”

Monokuma pulls out the pen. "This pen erases memories, but it also can create them. Conveniently it's what I used for this mystery. Now then, there are two facts that I think I should reveal to you for a fair trial."

1. The blackened doesn't know they're the blackened
2. One of you has a false memory

"But now you can at least all know nobody's lying! ...probably. Or at least they don't think so. Have fun!"

"W-WHAAT?!" Ryuji yelled. "W-We can't even trust ourselves then..!"

"What the fuck.." Matt said, frosning. "So even the killer doesn't know that they are the killer.. Why would you do this?"

"It's clear why he's done it," Jay replied, "Isn't it obvious? He's made a game out of this. He's made a game out of us. We're like playthings for his amusement. He played with our minds, played with our talents, played with our emotions, and now he's playing with our memories. What fun." Jay ended sarcastically.
100% pure Joy.

"I-I-It's okay..." Sayako stammered, not sounding convinced of that at all. "We... just need to go over the timeline and figure out what doesn't fit..."

"...W-Well, there's no point in standing around shocked about it forever..." Ryuji sighed, the anxiety clear from his voice. The possibility that he killed after the immense regret of participating in Van's plan shook Ryuji to the core, but it was a waste of time to dwell on it. "D-Does that mean or best plan of action right now is to find out who has the false memory..?"

Shy guy

"O-o-o-one th-thing..." Sakura said. "I-it's p-possible the b-bl... what I saw in room 1 happened without Van b-being crushed between rooms. The b-b-blood could have leaked through the floor of a room above and into the ceiling of room 1."

"The cell phone... how can I prove my memory of it is real if I don't--AH!" Jay was muttering to himself, then let out a gasp. "I-I have the cell phone! Let me play the conversation I heard!" He selected the conversation he'd found before and hit Play...
100% pure Joy.

The same conversation described plays out, the female scream remaining indistinct.

Also worth noting is that the conversation was recorded from the cell phone, not from a phone call.

"So there was a cell phone that was recording while those events were happening? Weird. Someone must have set it to record.. probably Van?"

"Hey," Sayako addressed Monokuma. "Did you change anything physically from the last few hours?"

Shy guy

"Th-that reminds me..." Sakura reached into her pocket and took out 6 bullets. "I started with 10. I don't know how many got lost in door 1, but Matt ended up with 3. I may well have lost the other at some other time, or he may have had that also..."

"U-um..." She began to scribble some notes onto a piece of her ever-present paper. "Assuming everyone's telling the truth, and we know for a fact that one person isn't, there's only one possible ordering of events and rooms." Sakura presented a table of her findings. (This is also on the google sheet evidence page.)

"It all falls into place w-when you take student distributions, the bullets and things like that into account. U-um... Jay's testimony makes it sound like what he heard on the phone was also room 3, which makes sense as the phone was found there - the phone started in room 3 when Van was there, and was still there when Jay was there. S-so, Van broke the wall down in that room, then Jay found a broken wall later... It seems to line up. B-but, remember that this is all based on assumptions, s-so any, or all of it perhaps, could be wrong in reality."

"U-Um...this might sound weird," Ryuji started, "...but I can probably replicate that female scream in that phone call."

Ryuji took a deep breath, cleared his throat, and let out a feminine scream that resembled the one on the phone.

"E-Er...did that help at all?"

The voice is clearly everybody's favorite flabby student.

"I think the last bullet was used to shoot Charlie, so the killer must have gotten the bullet from you and then you fell asleep because of the gas. It could have been Van, actually.." Matt thought aloud.

"Then again, Charlie did have an antiquated gun on her. I don't know if it can shoot, though."

Shy guy

"B-but... I was never with Van when... when he was alive. Assuming everyone's correct, I mean." Sakura said, clutching her head. "...this false memory stuff is confusing."

KamiPanda wrote:
"B-but... I was never with Van when... when he was alive. Assuming everyone's correct, I mean." Sakura said, clutching her head. "...this false memory stuff is confusing."

"That's what you think." Matt said. "You could have gotten your memories wiped when you were with him, but then again someone would have to be lying.. Fuck."

"I... don't think the timeline can be right. Ryuji said the PA system was working for him, but Jay remembers it being out of order... Was it working for you, Matt?"

"A-and... Sakura?" Sayako hesitantly asked. "You said you were... d-dripped on, right? Is... is there any sign of that now?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I... don't think the timeline can be right. Ryuji said the PA system was working for him, but Jay remembers it being out of order... Was it working for you, Matt?"

"A-and... Sakura?" Sayako hesitantly asked. "You said you were... d-dripped on, right? Is... is there any sign of that now?"

"It was working for me, yeah. Why?" He said, tilting his head.

"I think it was just the PA system in my room specifically," Jay corrected, "Because of the cut wires inside the wall. The other rooms' PA systems most likely worked fine."
100% pure Joy.

"O-oh... then nevermind." Sayako shook her head. "Sorry, I thought I might have been on to something..."

Shy guy

Sakura examined her hand, then shook her head. "N-no, I wiped the b-blood off, sorry..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Hey," Sayako addressed Monokuma. "Did you change anything physically from the last few hours?"

"Nope, any physical items people have now are legit."

"Sayako! Do you have anything in your pockets that seem unfamiliar to you?" Jay asked suddenly, shooting a gaze to the Coupler, "This could be important, if indeed you were in Room 6."
100% pure Joy.

KamiPanda wrote:
Sakura examined her hand, then shook her head. "N-no, I wiped the b-blood off, sorry..."

"I-it's okay, you don't need to apologize, Sakura!" Sayako quickly replied. "I don't blame you, I probably would have done the same..."

Slezak wrote:
"Sayako! Do you have anything in your pockets that seem unfamiliar to you?" Jay asked suddenly, shooting a gaze to the Coupler, "This could be important, if indeed you were in Room 6."

She blinked in surprise. "D-do I? I'm not sure, let me see..." She took a moment to search her person and frowned at the result. "No, just my handkerchief..."

"Oh..." Jay sighed, clearly disappointed that his guess didn't bear any fruit. Changing the subject, Jay explained, "Sakura, you did mention that it was 'part of the game' for only me to remember Room 3. Flo seemed surprised that Monokuma had shown up, but she did mention that we should get to work solving the puzzle. I think this makes it pretty likely that they remembered something from before arriving in Room 3 with me, and I was the only clueless one. How... appropriate."
100% pure Joy.

"S-So, uh...I'm a little concerned about something...Flo and I were in the same room for the first two hours...R-Room 3 for the first hour, then Room 8."

Ryuji tilted his head, deep in thought.

"W-Well, for one, I don't like how Flo said I was exhausted...I-I don't really know why that would be the case. A-And I'm worried that the bullets Matt shot out might have accidentally hit Charlie...o-one of them must have."

"That's... possible... b-but, according to Flo, even if it were true, it would have been accidental..."

Sayako was still struggling with making sense of the timeline. "...Arthur and I both heard multiple gunshots in our respective rooms. So the events in Rooms 2, 5, and 8 had to happen at the same time... unless Flo's memory is wrong... Wait, the events in Room 1 couldn't have been in the first hour, there wasn't... wasn't any reason for the... the liquid to be on the ceiling yet..."

Shy guy

Sakura had been scribbling away for some time now, using multiple paper squares to create multiple tables. Finally, after much work, she had her results.

"I went through every one of us, assuming one by one that our testimonies were wrong. I then re-did tables with that taken into account. There are two possibilities as a result. If I'm wrong, then the student distribution is like so:"

"If anyone else is wrong, no matter who, the student distribution is just as I said earlier, so:"

"The only reason mine's different is because it s-seems I was the only one with a memory of hour 1... b-because V-Van and Charlie were the other two with memories of that hour..."

"I left out the rooms because there's no general case for which rooms anyone was in. For every instance of someone being wrong, their room could be wrong too, so there's no shared 'correct' room. But in general rooms will be like they were in my first table, just with a blank space over whichever person we're currently assuming has falsified memories. U-um... I don't think I made any mistakes when setting this up, though I did assume a few things."

"A-Arthur says Charlie, in room 5, talked about her memories of a previous room, so I think that means she can be accounted for at each hour. And V-Van... my experience in room 1 seems to indicate he d-died in hour 1, with Sayako and Ryuji seeing him later, so his times are accounted for too. Matt had my bullets, s-so he had to be in a room with me before he was in room 8. A-and Jay's testimony usually puts him after what I'm assuming was also room 3, in that recording. Even when one of those things doesn't hold, the others do, so the table entries all fall into place regardless."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"That's... possible... b-but, according to Flo, even if it were true, it would have been accidental..."

Sayako was still struggling with making sense of the timeline. "...Arthur and I both heard multiple gunshots in our respective rooms. So the events in Rooms 2, 5, and 8 had to happen at the same time... unless Flo's memory is wrong... Wait, the events in Room 1 couldn't have been in the first hour, there wasn't... wasn't any reason for the... the liquid to be on the ceiling yet..."

"U-um... I'm sorry, but I have no explanation for that. The timeline always puts my memories in the first hour, so either the rooms had already moved, or my memories are false. O-or I made a mistake in the timeline table, that's also very possible."

"No, I don't think you've made a mistake with the table... I-I think your memories have to be wrong," she said, sounding pained. "You didn't hear gunshots or the announcement, and your PA system was apparently working, so there's no way the Room 1 events could have taken place at any time other than the first hour. But... doesn't that mean the theory about the moving rooms could be wrong, too?"

Shy guy

"Th-then... M-M-Monokuma, at what point in time is that map accurate for?" Sakura asked the evil teddy. "Is it possible the room layout was different once hour 1 rolled around?"

"Oh! Um... I actually only have 4 bullets, sorry..." She added, revealing them. "Matt had three, and then that's three more unaccounted for... Though they could have just been left in room 1."
Page 100 of 115 [ 4579 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus