Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 26 of 28[ 1083 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: SHSL Class Trip!Topic%20Title

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

DarkAgea wrote:
"If I may point out, sir," she said, smile a tad embarrassed. "Not that I'm trying to conserve energy or anything, but all those options are a few syllables longer than just 'sir'. It's mostly just school day habits that I'm hard-pressed not to do after a decade of having done it, but may I continue using it if you're alright with it?"

"Oh, and I know it's not really school-pridey of me to ask this, sir, but is that our school's motto by any chance?" She was more than just a little abashed now. "Uh, I just realised I had no clue what was actually the motto, so...."

"Affirmative. 'Sir' is fine, but it seems rather impersonal... I will respect your decision nonetheless." Jeremy confirmed, "Um, I did not cover this at orientation, pardon for that, but your question reminded me that because Hope's Peak is now an internationally-recognized school, each branch is in charge of devising its own motto. I regret to say I have been unable to come up with one myself. Perhaps if Jay is okay with it, we may use it indeed!" Jeremy smiled and looked over at Jay.

"Fine by me!" Jay replied with a thumbs-up, "It feels a little cliché, but it's short, sweet, and sends a good message."

"Then it's settled!" Jeremy declared, then began reciting it, "Hope's Peak International Branch #11038: Keeping Hope Alive!"

DarkAgea wrote:
"Yeah." She hesitated in continuing her line of thought, and then lowered her voice so that only Jay could hear. "Come to terms with... Well, I realised I've been ignoring one of my moral obligations during this week. And I wanted to rectify that."

"How is that even..." Felicity tapped her bracelet, thinking and unable to find anything to say except for- "So you're saying you became younger when you switched worlds? But wouldn't that mean only consciousnesses were..."

Jay did the same, even though he probably didn't have to. "I understand. I was just really worried about you, like you might have gotten sick or something. And I know it's sewn to your dress now, but I see your displaying that patch as a 'present' to me in some way. That's how I see it anyway, as it gave me the same gratification. So, thank you."

He then mulled over her question for a moment, then attempted to explain, "Um... no, it feels more like it happened in a 'past life' or something, not like it's going to happen in the future. Um, which means that an older Austin being here implies things really got screwed up somehow. Please though! Go introduce yourself, but try not to let my words put you off. It's just another mystery of the universe..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Oh, it was lovely there~" Sayako replied with a faint blush. "I'll... have to tell you all about it later. And don't worry, I don't know what the motto is either," she chuckled. "But then, where'd you get it if not from the school?"

Upon hearing this, Jay whispered into Felicity's ear, "That reminds me, I've told Sayako about... us, when asking for coupling advice. So if you have any qualms about sharing any information, I really don't mind."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

You’re so small in such a big world...

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Alfons let out a cough, unsheathed his bow, and began to wander off. "I shall explore this base, you need not look for me." His stare was focused on the various expensive looking moon rocks scattered across the base. Despite his lack of usual grandeur, you could still see the objective had in his eyes. He took a chocolate donut out of his bottomless pocket, and a carton of milk, before sulking away.

Austin was conflicted. On the one hand, Alfons looked mischievous. On the other hand, they were never explicitly told it wasn't okay to pick up the rocks in this base. Was it actually something Alfons would get in trouble for, or would it just be impolite, but not technically wrong? Austin figured he should ask Jeremy.

He was going to do just that and turned his wheelchair a little before he realized Jeremy was in the middle of a conversation. He tried to wave at Jeremy casually, but it probably came across as awkard. Always awkard.

Perhaps I should have been named the Ultimate Awkward Student.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Lida_Rose wrote:
Austin was conflicted. On the one hand, Alfons looked mischievous. On the other hand, they were never explicitly told it wasn't okay to pick up the rocks in this base. Was it actually something Alfons would get in trouble for, or would it just be impolite, but not technically wrong? Austin figured he should ask Jeremy.

He was going to do just that and turned his wheelchair a little before he realized Jeremy was in the middle of a conversation. He tried to wave at Jeremy casually, but it probably came across as awkard. Always awkard.

Perhaps I should have been named the Ultimate Awkward Student.

"Yes Mr. Zimmern? Did you need something?" Jeremy asked, walking away from the others for a moment, "It is fine. They know that it is my responsibility to acknowledge other students if they have concerns."
100% pure Joy.

"A-ah," Austin said, a slight, embarraseed blush coloring his cheeks. "Yes, well, I didn't want to interrupt . . . ."

He tilted his head.

"Um, I just wanted to know if it's okay to take the rocks scattered about here. Th-that is, is it against the rules? Er, it's not illegal, though, right? I'm afraid I don't know moon or space etiquette very well. I'm a computer programmer, not an intergalactic cop."

He chuckled nervously.

"Ah, I see. You are still worried about Alfons, yes?" Jeremy inquired, "Well, while I am unfamiliar with intergalactic ettiquette myself, and if NASA, the ESA, or any other space agency found out we were able to come here so easily, who knows what kind of uproar that would cause. Still, I see no personal problem with taking one or two as souvenirs. I suppose if you even wanted an entire bag to sell on the black market . . . I could not really stop you."

"Hey, do you think that one game's right and they're actually poisonous though? That'd be scary..." Jay mused.

"Hm... That is a risk you would have to decide upon for yourself," Jeremy replied generally.
100% pure Joy.

It was always easy to guess at Austin's motives, so he wasn't terribly surprised when Jeremy guessed them right away.

"Y-yes. I mean, er, I just wanted to be sure," Austin said. "Besides, I would like to gather some to make something for Mom, too, but I didn't know if it was allowed."

He smiled a small, relieved smile.

"That's good. I didn't want more trouble. Sorry to disturb you."

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Affirmative. 'Sir' is fine, but it seems rather impersonal... I will respect your decision nonetheless."

"Impersonal? Don't worry, sir, some of the best relationships I've had with my teachers had me calling them 'sir' or 'ma'am'. I guess it's more of a formality at this point than anything else, but like I said, school kinda conditioned me that way."

Quote:
Jay did the same, even though he probably didn't have to. "I understand. I was just really worried about you, like you might have gotten sick or something. And I know it's sewn to your dress now, but I see your displaying that patch as a 'present' to me in some way. That's how I see it anyway, as it gave me the same gratification. So, thank you."

"Ah, don't worry about me getting ill! It doesn't happen all that often really, and if it did, you'd be the first to know," Felicity promised. "Oh, that's nice! I'd been worried for a moment there that I'd be tainting its history or something..."

Quote:
He then mulled over her question for a moment, then attempted to explain, "Um... no, it feels more like it happened in a 'past life' or something, not like it's going to happen in the future. Um, which means that an older Austin being here implies things really got screwed up somehow. Please though! Go introduce yourself, but try not to let my words put you off. It's just another mystery of the universe..."

"I... don't really get that," she said honestly. "But I guess it doesn't matter right now. Two weeks here at Hope's Peak, and I think I'm learning more 'bout the universe - universes? - than I ever knew. She would have killed for it..." She muttered the last part, and pressed a hand over her mouth to stifle a morbid laugh as a thought hit her.

Quote:
Upon hearing this, Jay whispered into Felicity's ear, "That reminds me, I've told Sayako about... us, when asking for coupling advice. So if you have any qualms about sharing any information, I really don't mind."

Felicity blushed and brought her hand to her face in embarrassment. "Sh-She knew all along, huh? So she was just humouring me..."

"Oh!" She turned in Austin's direction and skipped over to him. "I'm so sorry I forgot to introduce myself at the Hall! I'm Felicity Clover, SHSL Lucky Student! Great to meet you, Austin." She held out her hand.

DarkAgea wrote:
"Impersonal? Don't worry, sir, some of the best relationships I've had with my teachers had me calling them 'sir' or 'ma'am'. I guess it's more of a formality at this point than anything else, but like I said, school kinda conditioned me that way."

"I see... Well, as long as you do not forget who I am, I will accept that," Jeremy remarked with a chuckle, returning to his original position to continue the conversation.

DarkAgea wrote:
"Ah, don't worry about me getting ill! It doesn't happen all that often really, and if it did, you'd be the first to know," Felicity promised. "Oh, that's nice! I'd been worried for a moment there that I'd be tainting its history or something..."

"I... don't really get that," she said honestly. "But I guess it doesn't matter right now. Two weeks here at Hope's Peak, and I think I'm learning more 'bout the universe - universes? - than I ever knew. She would have killed for it..." She muttered the last part, and pressed a hand over her mouth to stifle a morbid laugh as a thought hit her.

"Certainly! The patch looks much better with your green dress than it ever did with my blue shirt. In any case, I wouldn't have given you the patch if I didn't think you were capable of heeding its advice," Jay explained, "And there you go again, being vague amysterious. I know you're talking about Sunny, but do you really think she would've seriously killed for the chance to experience this kind of crazy stuff?"

DarkAgea wrote:
Felicity blushed and brought her hand to her face in embarrassment. "Sh-She knew all along, huh? So she was just humouring me..."

"W-well, not quite. I merely told her that you and I were getting along well after she asked me if there was anyone specific I had in mind and I mentioned you. I never brought up 'that,'" Jay whispered, "Just know that your absence has not changed my feelings for you."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

Lida_Rose wrote:
"Ah, thank you, sweeties!" Cat exclaimed as Feena and Sakura helped her. "One for you, and one for you~"

Sakura was handed the Tuxedo cat. Feena was handed the Maine Coon. Both cats purred loudly. Cat smiled.

"Why, they're already calming down thanks to you two!" She giggled lightly. "Ah, would you like some ice?"

She seemed to be directing the question to both Feena and Anton.

Sakura giggled happily, hugging the Tuxedo cat.

Feena was a bit more overwhelmed, as the Maine Coon was rather large. She prompt sat down and let it rest on her lap, petting it that way. "I'm fine, but thank you!" She replied to the offer of ice. "I always carry first aid supplies with me, I've already treated it! She ran her hands through the long hair of the cat before her happily.

Meanwhile, Thomlyn took the chance to address the director. "Sir, are there spacesuits for us to explore the moon proper with? And if so, are there any precautions we should take, a lesson on the use of them perhaps? It would be very dangerous to make a mistake out there, in a vacuum."

Lida_Rose wrote:

"Ah, Miss Cat-- thank you for your concern, but I think I will be fine." said Anton, smiling, but still rubbing his head.

KamiPanda wrote:
Meanwhile, Thomlyn took the chance to address the director. "Sir, are there spacesuits for us to explore the moon proper with? And if so, are there any precautions we should take, a lesson on the use of them perhaps? It would be very dangerous to make a mistake out there, in a vacuum."

"Ah, that is a good idea, Thomlyn." Anton said. "It would certainly get me away from the ceiling in the even of any... gravitational failures."

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Ah, yes..." Thomlyn still seemed concerned by the battering Anton had taken earlier. "I remember reading that low gravity can be somewhat dangerous too, when 'moon jumping'. Up and down motion is fine, you will land with the same force you propelled yourself upwards with, but crashing into rocks with horizontal motion is a very real concern. At least, I think that's what was said."

MechaQdogg wrote:
Lida_Rose wrote:

"Ah, Miss Cat-- thank you for your concern, but I think I will be fine." said Anton, smiling, but still rubbing his head.

KamiPanda wrote:

"Ah, that is a good idea, Thomlyn." Anton said. "It would certainly get me away from the ceiling in the even of any... gravitational failures."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Ah, yes..." Thomlyn still seemed concerned by the battering Anton had taken earlier. "I remember reading that low gravity can be somewhat dangerous too, when 'moon jumping'. Up and down motion is fine, you will land with the same force you propelled yourself upwards with, but crashing into rocks with horizontal motion is a very real concern. At least, I think that's what was said."

"Ah, yes. Attention everyone, I believe there has been enough standing around here chit-chatting. If you would please join me in walking to the Ready Room, I can allay these gentlemen's concerns," Jeremy spoke up, deciding to break away from the conversations once more. He walked to the front of the hallway, then called out, "Follow me, please!"

Jeremy led the students through a few hallways. Plaques on doors along the way read things like, "Infirmary," "Lounge," "Control Room," "Laboratory," "Rec Room," "Mess Hall," "Botannical Garden," etc. Finally, the group reached a door which led to the Pressure Exchange Chamber.

"Okay, so inside here is everything you need for exploring the moon's surface proper," Jeremy explained. As he neared the door, it promptly slid upward. Inside, a bank of lockers stood off to the side labeled, "Spacesuit Storage." Each locker was clearly labeled with a size indicator. Apparently, there are spacesuits designed for everyone from children, to average-sized adults, to even the bulkiest of people. There were even a selection of quadripedal suits designed for small animals, so you could bring your pet along.

In another part of the room, there were numerous copies of an instruction manual designed to teach pure beginners how to properly equip the suit as well as how to operate and utilize the suit's features. Various equipment was also in this area, including tethers, oxygen tanks, and tools of different kinds.

An elevator leads down to the lower level, where the changing rooms and the airlock itself can be found.

An opening on the side of the room led to another room full of changing stalls. This is where explorers would dress down and don the suit in preparation for their lunar trek. When they were done, they could place their clothes in one of the lockers also in that room. After you place your belongings in the locker, you may use a password, fingerprint, or even a unique electronic signature (such as the e-Handbooks) to secure it.

The Airlock is the final part of the lower level. The inner door can only be opened by placing the palm of a spacesuit's glove on a panel by the door. As people enter, it will check to make sure they are wearing a space suit and that it is properly configured using a very complex electronic identifier. Thus, nobody may enter the Airlock without a suit, or else the decompression procedure cannot begin.

A control panel on the wall allows for pressurization of the airlock, which locks the outer door and unlocks the inner door, or depressurization, which will lock the inner door and unlock the outer door. Either process takes about five minutes to complete. Small panels on the inside of the inner door (which can pressurize the airlock) and the outside of the outer door (which can depressurize it) allow for multiple separate groups to use the airlock one after the other. However, these secondary panels require a completely-empty airlock to function, though because of this the process only takes about a minute to complete.

Once explorers are outside the airlock and on the moon's surface itself, they may explore the surface on foot or choose to visit the nearby Vehicle Bay. Several rovers inside allow for expedited exploration of the moon's surface. These rovers have all kinds of security features to prevent reckless operation, so drive to your heart's content! There is even a few wheelchair-accessible rovers, one of which even features hand controls for the throttle and brake.

"Any question?" Jeremy offered after he finished his explanation.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"We'll need a rundown on the dos and don'ts while out there. Suit operation alone isn't enough - this is the vacuum of space." Thomlyn said.
"Right, right! This is important." Feena added, taking it seriously. "It's probably quite dangerous out there. Don't astronauts get full lessons on this sort of thing? Or, or, divers to use an example we'd all understand, it's not enough just to know how to wear the diving suits, you need to know a bunch of stuff before you go diving deep underwater."

"Right, let us see here. I admit I am completely unfamiliar with the safety regulations and the various dos and don'ts, but let me check the manual for a few minutes," Jeremy admitted before beginning to leaf through the manual.

"Ah, seems they have prepared for everything. One must remember, this moonbase is designed for lay people to live here comfortably, so even without an expert on-hand, it would be easy to understand what to and what not to do. You see, the helmet of the suit features a heads-up display which shows you various types of info, such as your speed, altitude, heading, etc." Jeremy continued his explanation. There is apparently an interactive tutorial course within the suit itself, but from what Jeremy gleamed from the manual he was able to come up with several things that it'd be okay to do while wearing the suit, and several things which people should avoid doing, pointing out various things on the HUD which would warn when said things are in danger of happening, such as moving too fast, oxygen getting low, and other similar dangerous situations.

"Did everyone get all that?" Jeremy asked once he'd concluded.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"Yup yup!" Feena replied enthusiastically, while Thomlyn nodded.

Off to another side of the group, Sakura also said "Yes sir!" She looked excited about this opportunity.

"I-I think so..." Sayako mumbled, looking considerably less excited about it.

Meanwhile, Alfons had already found the space-suit storage and was wandering around, trying to find a way to get outside of the base. His crossbow was armed with strong arrows meant to mine some of the moon rocks.

Happy Maria

"S-space? Outside?" Rutake stuttered. "C-can I just stay here instead?"

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Doing okay?" Sakura asked the Coupler kindly. "We can always take it easy for the first few days if you'd prefer."
"This is an opportunity that can't be missed, though!" Feena exclaimed impatiently. "It's the freakin' moon!"
"Yes, it's the moon. It's not going anywhere." Thomlyn said, cautioning his sister. "We should take our time readying ourselves for such an... unusual excursion."
"Well, duh! That's why I've got to get a suit ASAP, so I can start familiarising myself with it, seeing what the deal is with the HUD, all that stuff! Always gotta know your equipment first."

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Certainly! The patch looks much better with your green dress than it ever did with my blue shirt. In any case, I wouldn't have given you the patch if I didn't think you were capable of heeding its advice," Jay explained, "And there you go again, being vague amysterious. I know you're talking about Sunny, but do you really think she would've seriously killed for the chance to experience this kind of crazy stuff?"

"Jay, you're a wordsmith," she said with a mock-sigh. "Killed in the more figurative sense, you know. But well, she would fit right at home with the crazy stuff, though I think she'd be more interested in all of these- teleporting, floating, dimension travels... let's just say we've discussed all of this more than once. Thinking of mysteries we never thought we'd get an answer for - and now I have three, and she has one. That's quite the count, now that I think of it."

Quote:
"W-well, not quite. I merely told her that you and I were getting along well after she asked me if there was anyone specific I had in mind and I mentioned you. I never brought up 'that,'" Jay whispered, "Just know that your absence has not changed my feelings for you."

"O-Oh, I don't mean that... it's just... I never really told her who it was, and she told me she was alright with that, but now... she probably knew from the start then..." She gave him a bright smile in response to his final words.

Quote:
"Did everyone get all that?" Jeremy asked once he'd concluded.

"Uh, sir, are we allowed to try out the suits in the base before using it outside? Personally, I think it'd be nice to have a feel of how the suit is before we go out."

Quote:

"Sayako?" She asked hesitantly. "Is something the matter? Well, other than actually standing on the moon... But you know you can take your time to feel okay with this, right?"

Quote:
"S-space? Outside?" Rutake stuttered. "C-can I just stay here instead?"

"Rutake, are you sure you wanna miss seeing the Moon while being on it? It's nearly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Doing okay?" Sakura asked the Coupler kindly. "We can always take it easy for the first few days if you'd prefer."

DarkAgea wrote:
"Sayako?" She asked hesitantly. "Is something the matter? Well, other than actually standing on the moon... But you know you can take your time to feel okay with this, right?"

"Ah... yes, I think I'd prefer that, sorry..." She smiled weakly at the girls while loosely hugging herself. "I-I knew we were going to the moon, but... I guess I wasn't ready for the MOON moon, i-if that makes any sense. M-maybe it's because I have trouble with heights. It doesn't get much higher than this, right? Eheheh..."

"Yeah, I knew you meant killed in the figurative sense," Jay replied to Felicity, "Heh, I suppose I still have some residual paranoia after all. Also, I wouldn't say these mysteries will never have an answer, but would we even believe the 'correct answer?'" After Felicity smiled because of his comment, Jay gave her a very brief hug, then walked off to the lockers to examine the different types of space suits.

"Well, I do not see a problem with testing out the suits here inside the base," Jeremy stated, "To exit viat the airlock, the suits need three components: the suit itself, a helmet, and an oxygen tank. For now, feel free to grab a suit and a helmet and just play around. Trust me, with the warning on your HUD, you will NOT forget an oxygen tank when it is time to go outside."

"Oooh, they have suits in a bunch of different colors!" Jay observed as he opened the 'medium' locker and picked out a blue suit as well as a green one for Jeremy.

Meanwhile, Jeremy had exited the room and made a stop at the control room. Reentering the Ready Room, Jeremy stated, "Alright, by popular request I have turned off the gravity in the 'quarters' section where your rooms are. Feel free to play around if you so desire. Please do let me know if you would like gravity turned back on at nighttime if you believe it will help you sleep better." Jeremy took the green suit from Jay. "Those of you who wish to try out the suits, pick one out and get changed. Afteward, I will demonstrate how to attach the helmets properly. There is a rather involved process to make sure it will not accidentally come off while you are outside the base."
100% pure Joy.

DarkAgea wrote:
"Oh!" She turned in Austin's direction and skipped over to him. "I'm so sorry I forgot to introduce myself at the Hall! I'm Felicity Clover, SHSL Lucky Student! Great to meet you, Austin." She held out her hand.

"A-ah, hello, it's great to meet you, too!" Austin said as he took Felicity's hand and shook it. Then Jeremy made his announcement and, with an apologetic smile, he wheeled after him. At least, he started to wheel himself that way, but then he was stopped for a moment by Cat.

Ah, yes. Cat. What had she been doing?

After she was assured that everyone was fine, and Jeremy made his announcement, she ran to catch up with Austin. The cats, who had been purring in the arms of those who had volunteered to take them, leaped out of those arms to follow her. Cat stopped Austin to unfasten the uncomfortable seat belt she had fashioned, though she did keep it on her for later use. In any case, they got to the Ready Room.

And Cat couldn’t help but squee. Kitty spacesuits! They were too adorable and she found herself unable to contain her excitement! And so it came to pass that she nuzzled kitty spacesuits with a shine in her eyes and a huge blush coloring her cheeks. Austin couldn't help but chuckle.

"I'll help you get those on your cats," he said. Cat squeed again.

"They're going to look soooo cuuuute!!!" Then, she cleared her throat. "Ahem, but first, we should get into ours. You first." She wheeled him to a private area to put the suit on.

It took . . . A lot of work, to get Austin into his spacesuit, even without the helmet. It took quite a bit of time, as well. But finally, Cat and Austin were in their spacesuits sans their helmets. Cat had taken a pink suit while Austin took red. And so Cat wheeled Austin out in front if Jeremy and waited to hear about how to properly put on their helmets.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ah... yes, I think I'd prefer that, sorry..." She smiled weakly at the girls while loosely hugging herself. "I-I knew we were going to the moon, but... I guess I wasn't ready for the MOON moon, i-if that makes any sense. M-maybe it's because I have trouble with heights. It doesn't get much higher than this, right? Eheheh..."

"If it would make you feel any better, I could go on a short excursion to the lunar surface." said Anton. "I have no qualms about heights. I will go out, and report back to tell you how far up it feels like we are. Would that work for you?"

"Of course, I am not so brave that I think going on a space walk by myself is a good idea. Would anyone care to accompany me?" Anton asked as he turned to his classmates. "After the helmet demonstration, of course."

A new dawn.

Quote:

"There's no need to apologise, Matchy, I get you," Felicity said with a nod, smiling back at Sayako. "It's totally different thinking 'bout coming here and actually standing on it, and going out and seeing it, well... I'm sure there are lots of stuff we could do inside the base. I saw a garden and a lab on our way here - we could check them out!"

Quote:
"Yeah, I knew you meant killed in the figurative sense," Jay replied to Felicity, "Heh, I suppose I still have some residual paranoia after all. Also, I wouldn't say these mysteries will never have an answer, but would we even believe the 'correct answer?'" After Felicity smiled because of his comment, Jay gave her a very brief hug, then walked off to the lockers to examine the different types of space suits.

"Lots of those will have an answer, yeah, but at that time, we didn't think we'd be learning them any time soon." She thought over his question. "Whether we'd believe them or not... I don't think we really have a choice - it's either take the truth or leave it. Lying to ourselves 'bout that isn't going to make the natural world go along with it." This time when Jay hugged her, there was some definite improvement - Felicity didn't completely freeze or try to kill herself through asphyxiation.

DarkAgea wrote:
"Lots of those will have an answer, yeah, but at that time, we didn't think we'd be learning them any time soon." She thought over his question. "Whether we'd believe them or not... I don't think we really have a choice - it's either take the truth or leave it. Lying to ourselves 'bout that isn't going to make the natural world go along with it." This time when Jay hugged her, there was some definite improvement - Felicity didn't completely freeze or try to kill herself through asphyxiation.

After Jay handed the green suit to Jeremy, he replied to Felicity, "That's right. The truth is the truth and we only hurt ourselves if we deny it. However, I suppose there have been some pretty influential 'Truth Deniers,' but they set out to break misconceptions rather than denounce 'true truth,' if that makes sense."

---

"Alright, so let me demonstrate with the suit Jay just gave me," Jeremy began, then proceeded to grab a helmet from the shelf nearby. There were two sizes of helmets: one for the adult-sized suits and a smaller one for the children's and pets' suits. "So what you need to do is find the arrow on the helmet and match it up with the one on the suit." Jeremy demonstrated by turning the helmet on its side and pointing out the arrow, then pointing out the one on the suit. He also took this time to point out the hose and the attachment points for the oxygen tank on the back of the suit. Jeremy placed the helmet onto the suit and it fit into some grooves. Then, he explained the rest of the process. Turn the helmet until it clicks, then push down the clips on the sides to keep it in place. "Now, to remove the helmet, just unhook the clips, hold down these two buttons on the side here so you can twist the helmet, then rotate it around until you can pull it out of the grooves." After separating the helmet from the suit, Jeremy continued, "Now, there's a small button panel under the velcro here on the left forearm." Jeremy undid the velcro to reveal a few buttons. "This is how you interact with the suit's HUD. Hold this button for three seconds to turn on the suit. It MUST be turned on to count as properly-equipped for the airlock. Use these other buttons to navigate the menus on-screen and select options." After pointing out everything, Jeremy redid the velcro and asked, "Any questions?"
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"What are your plans?" Sakura asked Sayako off to one side. "I'm happy to wait, or test the waters with Anton, or whatever it is you'd prefer really."

MechaQdogg wrote:
"Of course, I am not so brave that I think going on a space walk by myself is a good idea. Would anyone care to accompany me?" Anton asked as he turned to his classmates. "After the helmet demonstration, of course."

"With pleasure." Thomlyn, unsurprisingly, replied. Feena seemed more interested in running off and doing her own thing once out on the surface, and she informed everyone as such.

Slezak wrote:
"Alright, so let me demonstrate with the suit Jay just gave me," Jeremy began, then proceeded to grab a helmet from the shelf nearby. There were two sizes of helmets: one for the adult-sized suits and a smaller one for the children's and pets' suits. "So what you need to do is find the arrow on the helmet and match it up with the one on the suit." Jeremy demonstrated by turning the helmet on its side and pointing out the arrow, then pointing out the one on the suit. He also took this time to point out the hose and the attachment points for the oxygen tank on the back of the suit. Jeremy placed the helmet onto the suit and it fit into some grooves. Then, he explained the rest of the process. Turn the helmet until it clicks, then push down the clips on the sides to keep it in place. "Now, to remove the helmet, just unhook the clips, hold down these two buttons on the side here so you can twist the helmet, then rotate it around until you can pull it out of the grooves." After separating the helmet from the suit, Jeremy asked, "Any questions?"

The kneale twins seemed content, both putting on their spacesuits. Blue for Thomlyn and neon green for Feena. Feena had chastised her brother earlier; he'd originally picked a white suit, but Feena had yelled at him that such a suit wouldn't stand out well against the moon's surface, which could be dangerous.

With the suits on, they both tried putting on their helmets as instructed. They found it to be a rather smooth process, so long as they followed the instructions carefully.

Alfons, who had not been there for Jeremy's demonstration, simply put on the suit until he felt it was tight enough, and made his way to the airlock. He was not worried one bit about his own safety, his mind wandering to other things.

"I wonder how much money I'll get for genuine moon rocks," Alfons sighed, as he readied himself to enter space.

He tried to open the airlock, but after multiple attempts, it would not open. "Huh..? That's strange. Why is this door not opening..? I am Alfons Einarrson! No door refuses to open on me!" He then proceeded to rapidly slap the sensor with his palm.

MechaQdogg wrote:
"If it would make you feel any better, I could go on a short excursion to the lunar surface." said Anton. "I have no qualms about heights. I will go out, and report back to tell you how far up it feels like we are. Would that work for you?"

"I-it may help," Sayako admitted timidly. "Thank you, it's very kind of you to offer. Just... please don't do anything dangerous, especially not on my account."

DarkAgea wrote:
"There's no need to apologise, Matchy, I get you," Felicity said with a nod, smiling back at Sayako. "It's totally different thinking 'bout coming here and actually standing on it, and going out and seeing it, well... I'm sure there are lots of stuff we could do inside the base. I saw a garden and a lab on our way here - we could check them out!"

"The garden does sound lovely. I think I may have to take you up on that offer," she smiled, looking a bit embarrassed yet happy over the concern for her.

KamiPanda wrote:
"What are your plans?" Sakura asked Sayako off to one side. "I'm happy to wait, or test the waters with Anton, or whatever it is you'd prefer really."

"U-um..." she mumbled shyly. "I think I'll have to spend a little time inside the base until I get used to this... I... admit I'd like it if you were with me, but this isn't an opportunity we're likely to have again, so if you'd rather explore, I don't want to keep you from that. I'll try to adjust quickly so I can join you either way."

Shy guy

"I don't mind! So long as we get to go outside later, I think there's much we can experience just in the base." Sakura replied cheerfully. "For instance, I think there's a room with a full view of the stars somewhere, no need to go outside for that."

"Ahh, really? That's so romantic~" The coupler sighed happily; she looked less nervous already.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Lida_Rose wrote:
MC_Kitten wrote:
"H-hi... Its nice to meet you... M-my name is Remeku Lata... The Ultimate Alchemist..." Remeku said to the new student very shyly. Remeku put some of her hair over the patched eye so she would not scare him like she had scared the others to the point of them not looking at her. Remeku put her hand out for him to shake it.

Austin's attention turned to Remeku, and he shook her outstretched hand.

"Ah, hello. My name is Austin Zimmern, Super High School Level Computer Programmer. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Alchemist, huh? That sounds pretty cool. Chemistry always escaped me."

He smiled politely.

Remeku blushed a bit and smiled. "You can learn anything as long as you make the main agreediant your heart..." Remeku said with a smile.
*coughs awkwardly*

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I-it may help," Sayako admitted timidly. "Thank you, it's very kind of you to offer. Just... please don't do anything dangerous, especially not on my account."

Anton nodded and smiled. "Leave it to me. I shall explore the surface with Thomlyn and report back to you."

He picked out a red spacesuit, and, paying careful attention to Jeremy's instructions, put on the spacesuit, leaving the helmet for last. He shot those who were staying behind one final smile before donning his helmet and following the Kneales.

"Y-You guys play nice, alright? If anything happens, I cannot return for at least five minutes because of the airlock. Be safe, okay?" Jeremy explained as he returned wearing his space suit, oxygen tank attached, preparing to put on the helmet.

"U-Um, I really wanna go out there with you, but do you think I should stay behind just in case?" Jay asked.

"Well Jay, there is still a lot of the base to explore, certainly. I will leave it up to you. I am going on ahead regardless. All aboard that's coming aboard!" Jeremy declared, then joined Anton and the Kneales. Noticing Alfons attempting to override the airlock panel, Jeremy scolded him, "Mr. Einarrson, it seems you are having trouble accessing the airlock. Perhaps if you were present during the demonstration you would know what you are doing wrong. I understand you are eager, but there are safety regulations in place. Understand? Now step aside."

After attaching his helmet and powering on his suit, Jeremy placed a glove on the panel by the door, which happily beeped and allowed them entry.
100% pure Joy.

MC_Kitten wrote:
Remeku blushed a bit and smiled. "You can learn anything as long as you make the main agreediant your heart..." Remeku said with a smile.

"A-ah, yeah. That's very true," Austin said. "My heart is the very reason I spend so much time programming." He blushed slightly, then cleared his throat. "A-ah, is there anything in particular you're making with that talent of yours?"

Cat put her hand on Austin's shoulder.

"Why don't we put on your helmet? Then I can put on mine and we'll join the others for a moon walk!"

"A-ah, but . . . w-will we even be able to get anywhere . . . w-with my wheelchair . . . ?" he asked very hesitantly. Cat wrinkled her nose and scrunched her forehead.

"Mmm, I don't know. Ah! But I got it!" She snapped her fingers. "I'll carry you to the vehicle bay and we can get you on a rover from there!"

"A-ah, I'm not so sure that's a good idea, either . . . M-maybe you should go with the others and I'll get used to my spacesuit in here. I can round up the cats and get them in theirs, too. Then we can join you after you've scoped the moon's surface out."

Cat and Austin argued back and forth for a little while, and Cat pressed him with questions like, "Are you sure you'll be okay without me here?", to which Austin assured her he would be fine. Jay would be there, after all, and it would be easy to contact Jeremy if something went wrong. Finally, they both put on their helmets (following the instructions very carefully) and Cat went to the air lock after turning her suit on.

"Is it okay if I joined you?" she asked. The question was directed at the group, but it was Anton and Thomlyn she was more worried about. She was pretty sure Jeremy wouldn't mind. She pretended not to notice Alfons.

Austin turned his wheelchair to Jay.

"S-so, where are we heading, oh fearless leader?" He cracked a smile.

After Jeremy had opened the door, Alfons began to prepare for extracting space rocks. But when Austin and Cat entered the scene, Alfons reacted by putting his bow away and walking away from the airlock.

"...It appears now is not the best time for mining," Alfons sighed to himself. He took off the suit in secret, and disappeared with only the suit as proof that he was there.

Lida_Rose wrote:
Austin turned his wheelchair to Jay.

"S-so, where are we heading, oh fearless leader?" He cracked a smile.

"Oh! Uh, I dunno, what kinds of things do you like to do? There's a lot of different rooms to explore," Jay commented, unsure exactly where to go.

---

Once everyone who was coming entered the airlock with their suits properly donned and activated, Jeremy used the control panel on the wall to begin the depressurization process. After 5 minutes, the outer door slowly opened, exposing the room to the cold, rocky lunar surface.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

Talking through intercom, Thomlyn addressed Anton. "Ready?" He asked. Then his vision was filled with neon green for a moment as Feena rushed past, leaping out and letting the low gravity take her forwards.
"Wooooohooooooooooooo!" She yelled, landing well and then using her momentum to run off, apparently intent on ascending a nearby hill.
"I suppose it's only fitting that she'd be the first of us to walk on the moon. Or run, as it were." Thomlyn commented drily. "I'm sure we can take things much slower. And you're welcome to join us, Cat." He added, turning to her despite the lack of real need to, everyone in spacesuits as they were. "You and... all of your cats?" He queried.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ahh, really? That's so romantic~" The coupler sighed happily; she looked less nervous already.

"Want to go there first?" Sakura asked. "The sooner you feel comfortable with all this the better, and I imagine the stars will look beautiful from here, unobstructed by the atmosphere!"

KamiPanda wrote:
Talking through intercom, Thomlyn addressed Anton. "Ready?" He asked.

Anton said something unintelligible, and then, through his helmet, and looked through to Thomlyn and winked. Then, realizing his error, he turned on the suit's intercom and said, "Hello? Yes, sorry. I am ready."

He carefully shuffled out onto the lunar surface, being sure to cautiously test his new walking environment.

KamiPanda wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Want to go there first?" Sakura asked. "The sooner you feel comfortable with all this the better, and I imagine the stars will look beautiful from here, unobstructed by the atmosphere!"

"I think I'd like that very, very much," Sayako smiled as she shyly took the other girl's hand.
Page 26 of 28 [ 1083 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay