Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

First trailer for the English anime releaseTopic%20Title

Unobjectionable

Watch on YouTube (US only)

Mod edit for a little more context: Funimation announced they'd be releasing the first half of the AA anime dubbed in January, and revealed the voice cast a few days back. Now they've put out the above trailer to show the cast in action!

Last edited by Cyberlink420 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: First trailer for the English anime releaseTopic%20Title

Nerd Processor

Dang, not available in the UK. Figures. I haven't heard any news about any distributor over here picking the Funimation Dub up (as far as I know Funimation haven't released any discs themselves over here - all their series I have on DVD have either been released by 'Manga Entertainment' (yeah I know) or 'MVM UK' )

Edit: Ah according to this ( https://animeuknews.net/schedule/ ) AnimeLimited (also known as AllTheAnime) have the UK rights. Don't recall any issues with the blu-ray release of Kill La Kill from them. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long lol. :bellboy:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Call me James

Nerdowl wrote:
Dang, not available in the UK. Figures. I haven't heard any news about any distributor over here picking the Funimation Dub up (as far as I know Funimation haven't released any discs themselves over here - all their series I have on DVD have either been released by 'Manga Entertainment' (yeah I know) or 'MVM UK' )

Edit: Ah according to this ( https://animeuknews.net/schedule/ ) AnimeLimited (also known as AllTheAnime) have the UK rights. Don't recall any issues with the blu-ray release of Kill La Kill from them. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long lol. :bellboy:

In the UK, myself. You can actually use a proxy (like ProxFree) to watch the teaser. It's nothing mindblowing, though, so don't feel left out if you don't want to. It's mostly Eric Vale narrating as Phoenix, with a little bit of Mia/the Judge, courtesy of Colleen Clinkenbeard and Kent Williams.

I think I've watched too much of the One Piece dub, honestly. I can't hear Eric Vale as Phoenix without thinking of a Young!Sanji :oops: Though the same applies for when I saw Dragon Ball Z Kai, so I'm sure I'll stop myself from instantly hearing Sanji as time goes on :gymshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Happy Maria

I can't watch the trailer for the same reason as Nerdowl, but how do the VAs sound?

Call me James

Southern Corn wrote:
I can't watch the trailer for the same reason as Nerdowl, but how do the VAs sound?

The best way I can describe Phoenix is that he sounds (to me) kind of like an in-between of Sam Riegal's portrayal of trilogy Phoenix in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Trevor White's (I think that was his name?) version of Phoenix from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Not overly goofy, but not too serious. It's hard to say, though, since it's mostly narration/an internal monologue, unlike with Mia/the Judge. With regards to them, the only thing I can say is that they sound solid. Again, it's difficult to get a full grasp of how good the performances will be, since they both only say a couple of lines. No complaints, though.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Programmer

Sweden is a nope too apparently. How annoying.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

This is great! When I watched the Japanese subbed I was hoping that they would release an English dub eventually so was really very happy when this got announced! The voice actors sounded great too from the trailer at least! :maya:
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes