Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 73 of 78[ 3111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 5 Class TrialTopic%20Title

Sock

"How long is this scarf? Calling that implies that it would be rather short. Would it reach down a whole floor?" Raymond asks. "I suppose any one of us with the gas masks could have carried it down just as easily, we never passed each other."

Maribelle spoke up. "I was thinkin'-- if Ohishi really was killed in the way we supposed, with the flamethrower..." Maribelle grimaced as the grisly scene was replayed in her head. "... well, it takes gasoline to operate, right? And it ain't unreasonable to expect that the killer either burned somethin' on themselves (like clothes or the like) or got some gas on 'em. Even if I can't smell it now..."

She indicated Constantine, who stood up on his hind legs barked.

"...Connie might be able to find 'em. Why don't I have him sniff each o' us, and see if he comes up with anything?"

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
"How long is this scarf? Calling that implies that it would be rather short. Would it reach down a whole floor?"

"For that matter, what window was this scarf even hanging from? That could be just as important as how long it is," Simon adds.

"Either way, it might be worth it to check everyone for that gasoline smell."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Constantine smells everyone. He reaches Yuma and growls at him. Everyone goes up and takes a smell of him. It's definitely smoke.

"Yuma..." said Maribelle, as evenly as she was able, balling up a fist. "What happened?"

"Tch, you already found my plan." Yuma clapped. "Bravo Maribelle! Although I expected you to find this much earlier...."

"This only means one thing, that play time is over. You will see very soon..."

Monomi nervously looks at everyone.

"I fixed the pawwot!" she says. "And..."

She hits the play button.

The recording slowly whirs up.

“No, don’t you dare. After all this time…”

The voice is unmistakably Aria's. This is followed by the sounds of grunts and crashes. Aria screams but something stops her short.

The recording cuts out. Everyone recognizes whose grunts those belonged to. They look at the one whose voice was recorded. Raymond.

Sock

Raymond looks away from his podium neighbour, Maribelle, and the rest of the class, while rubbing the back of his head.

"Tch... Fucking parrot."

"Cut the crap." Maribelle said. "I ain't afraid of you. An' even if Monokuma don't consider ya 'the blackened', ya don't flamethrower someone because yer desperate. I consider you a murderer. I liked Ohishi 'n' you took her away brutally."

"'N' you!" she said, turning to Raymond. "Hurtin' about Aria? I don't think she's done any of us wrong. Honestly... Did you two actually think this'd be what Veronica wanted?"

"I had a mission, and I took her life accordingly. This is the only thing that matters." Yuma replied.

Sock

"What does that matter? And what about Veronica?"

Raymond faces the rest of the class once more, with a bit of a smile on his face.

Maribelle suddenly looked very nervous. "W-what about Veronica? She'll vote fer the blackened same as any of us, once we figure out who that is."

Sock

"Or will she..?"

"Either way, good luck. I made sure this wouldn't be too easy." Raymond replies and smiles.

Veronica glares at Raymond. "What happened to this so called justice you cared about, damn it?! Where's the fucking justice in killing someone innocent like Aria?!" She yells.

"And you!" Veronica yells again, turning to Yuma, tears streaming down her face. "You better not be the damn blackened, because I'm not losing someone else I love! You can't just make me care about you, then go and pull some shit like this!"

Sock

"What happened to it? It's still there, of course. Don't jump to conclusions without fully understanding the case, you just seem like an idiot." Raymond retorts, and glares back at Veronica.

"Hey, only I can call her that." Yuma retorted at Ray. "So...will you able to find the blackened I wonder..."

Before glancing at Veronica worriedly, she spoke resolutely. "She will. Because you won't let her vote fer anyone else. If she votes wrong, she's at risk o' bein' randomly executed. An' I don't think either o' you will risk that."

She breathed in, then out slowly. "At any rate, none o' this'll amount to a hill of beans if'n we can't figure out who died first."

She nodded to Veronica. "I know this's hard on you, but I'm in this with ya as long as you are. An' I'll be here fer you after, too. I've been where you are now, an' it seems like it'll swallow ya, but if ya keep yerself, you'll realize there're still things worth doin'."

Sock

"I have no clue what you are getting at. I don't intend for you to vote wrong anyways. But I trust you all can solve this on your own."

Raymond laughs a little to himself. "You made it this far after all."

"I don't even want to look at the two of you..." Veronica says, wiping the tears away. "I feel like I'm going to be sick."

After hearing her speak, Veronica then turned to Maribelle. "Th-thanks, Maribelle. Let's figure this out together. I'm sure we can do this."

Maribelle nodded. "Alright, let's get to this. The scarf you saw seems to me like it could've been a message-- a signal-- from Ray to Yuma. It could mean, something like, 'I've killed Aria, and the gas is leakin', so you can act now'. 'N' you saw that scarf before you went into the boathouse, 'n' before Ohishi died, which means that if I'm right about that scarf's intent, it means that Ohishi was killed last, n' Ray is the blackened. Then, Yuma spread somethin'--maybe some paint from the storage room-- on the sand to signal back up to Raymond that his killin' was done, 'n' it was safe to come downstairs."

Maribelle paused. "Is this somethin' that might be right?"

Sock

"How much of that is right, I wonder...?"

Raymond chuckles a little.

MechaQdogg wrote:
Maribelle nodded. "Alright, let's get to this. The scarf you saw seems to me like it could've been a message-- a signal-- from Ray to Yuma. It could mean, something like, 'I've killed Aria, and the gas is leakin', so you can act now'. 'N' you saw that scarf before you went into the boathouse, 'n' before Ohishi died, which means that if I'm right about that scarf's intent, it means that Ohishi was killed last, n' Ray is the blackened. Then, Yuma spread somethin'--maybe some paint from the storage room-- on the sand to signal back up to Raymond that his killin' was done, 'n' it was safe to come downstairs."

Maribelle paused. "Is this somethin' that might be right?"

"Even if it is, they're not gonna say anything... But that does sound like it could be possible."

ASCEND

Simon who fell asleep standing up for a bit slams his hands on the podium, and, in a mockingly high-pitched voice, says, "Oh, WE only kill for a greater cause! That's why we're SOOOO much better than everyone else here."

Simon sighs and continues, "Anyway, Maribelle's probably right about the scarf or whatever, but I have to wonder what the point of the gas leak even was... Aria had to have been killed before the gas leak, or she would have probably died of gas inhalation before Ray could get her with his Great Chisel of Glorious Justice. I guess the gas could have been used to keep people from finding Yuma on his arson spree, but Ray just left the gas masks lying around which basically attracted more people downstairs... so Ray would have just been making things more difficult for his beloved... Honestly, there's probably something I'm missing here, unless Ray's just really dumb."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Hmph, I don't need to explain my reasoning to inferior beings." Yuma flipped his hair. "But I'll say this. No paint was used from the storage room."

Sock

Ray glares at Simon and nods.

"There is a lot you are missing. Don't give up.hope yet!:
He laughs.

ASCEND

"What, I guess you're superior in every way except your height, huh?" Simon replies, "Eh, whatever..."

"Anyway, we need to talk about Aria's murder. Basically, if Aria was killed before the gas leak, then Ray's the blackened. If she was killed afterward, it could be Ray or Yuma.

"But, then again, we can't be certain Ray even killed Aria. All we have is his voice in the recording. For all we know, he set it up to make it look like he killed Aria, when he actually just beat her up and then locked her in her RC to let the gas kill her. Remember, the Flautist RC lock was broken from the INSIDE, as if someone was locked in there but managed to break down the door. And then Ray could have come back after the gas leak to set up the crime scene and maybe stab her corpse a few times for the fun of it. That would explain why Maribelle beat him downstairs, at least."

"Of course, none of that matters unless Yuma was the one to cause the gas leak... but I don't know how anyone could prove that."

"Good idea. Talk about that. What caused the gas leak?"

ASCEND

Lone wrote:
"Good idea. Talk about that. What caused the gas leak?"

"I mean... If I had to guess, I'd say it was one of those chisels... Those would probably be good for tearing up a pipe." Simon says, "I doubt it was the chisel on the fifth floor that was used though, since using that would require too much climbing up and down floors. The chisel we found in the Senator RC is more likely, I think... Which would point towards Yuma breaking the pipe, since he apparently likes flaunting the instruments of his murders over Bud's dead body..."

ASCEND

After another painfully awkward silence, Simon sighs and adds, "...Nevermind. That's not possible. If Ray had gone back to change things at the crime scene, the BDA would have triggered. If Aria was killed by the gas, Ray must have been the one to break the pipe. Unless Aria tried to get a drink of water as she died, which is pretty stupid... Anyway, we're back to square one, I guess."

Simon asks, "Hey, Monokuma, can we blow up one of those smoke bombs? Like the one that went missing? I wanna see if anything weird happens when those things explode."

Sock

Raymond jumps at the mention of the smoke bomb. "Wait a minute.." He trails off and mumbles to himself for some time.

"Please, Momokuma. Set off a smoke bomb for us."

"Actually..." said Maribelle. "I have a theory about how the smoke bomb might've been used."

"I think it might be possible that the gas line on the second floor somehow connects to the incinerator on the third. That makes sense if the gas is used to light up the incinerator, right? So what if Raymond went into the incinerator and dropped the smoke bomb into the line-- somehow timin' it so that it exploded and busted the pipe from the inside, an' causin' the gas leak?" she asked.

"That'd explain why the incinerator don't work-- the pipe's broken, or maybe Raymond sabotaged it deliberately so it couldn't be turned on while he was in there-- either way, Raymond could've caused the gas leak without bein' at the pipe that was broken at the time the leak was caused." she concluded.

"That said... it don't really narrow down which of Ohishi 'r Aria were murdered first." she added, shrugging.

Sock

"It doesn't, does it? But solving the mystery is a part of it, I suppose. If I were you, I'd focus more on other things.

But I'm not." Raymond shrugs.

"As you wish." Monokuma throws a smoke bomb. The courtroom is filled with gray-white smoke. Eventually, it settles down. It seems the smoke bomb is just a smoke bomb.

"Just make sure not to light a match in it," says Monokuma. "This thing does not like fire."

"Either way, you guys seem to have reached that conclusion. Next topic: who died first?"

Maribelle started idly twirling one of her drills in her hand as she mused. "Hmmmm... I reckon actually answerin' that question'll require us to have an idea how both Ohishi 'n' Aria actually died... Is there another way to time their deaths independent of that?"

ASCEND

Simon replies, "I guess it depends on if Aria was killed before or after the gas leak. I mean, before makes the most sense, because you'd think the gas would have killed her otherwise... but Ray did spend a lot of time on the second floor after the gas leak..."

"Then again, we don't know if the gas was even poisonous..."

"The gas is a health hazard, but not lethal."

ASCEND

Lone wrote:
"The gas is a health hazard, but not lethal."

"Oh, yeah?" Simon replies, "Well, I'll show you a real health hazard if you're not careful!"

Simon mumbles, "Hmm... Maybe we should use one of those goofy scrum debate things..."

Sock

"A debate would be interesting.. of course, You would need a topic. Would Yuma and I participate as well? Hmm..."

Maribelle sighed. "Well, there are two questions in my mind- we have an approximate time of death and probable cause of death for Ohishi. We've got only guesses and insinuations for Aria. So let's focus our attentions there."

"Simon, you were watching the fourth floor from the time you were tryin' to destroy the door, right? Up until the gas leak? Well, I'm sure Yuma was on the first floor when I got there, and Ray got there next, followed by you. That means that Raymond didn't have time to ditch the chisel, or whatever else he used to attack Aria with, on the fourth floor after you'd set yerself on destroyin that door. Which means he had to get rid of the chisel before ya got there. Which means Aria had to be attacked first- right? "

ASCEND

MechaQdogg wrote:
"Simon, you were watching the fourth floor from the time you were tryin' to destroy the door, right? Up until the gas leak? Well, I'm sure Yuma was on the first floor when I got there, and Ray got there next, followed by you. That means that Raymond didn't have time to ditch the chisel, or whatever else he used to attack Aria with, on the fourth floor after you'd set yerself on destroyin that door. Which means he had to get rid of the chisel before ya got there. Which means Aria had to be attacked first- right? "

"Well, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but..." Simon replies, "I was pretty dead set on busting down that door, even after Monomi told me about that gas leak... I guess maybe he could have snuck behind me, but I'm not sure they could have done it twice."

"Anyway, if we're gonna do a scrum debate, it should probably be to narrow down when Aria was killed."

Page 73 of 78 [ 3111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus