Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 95 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 5 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

Shirly gives Silas a look.

"If your life has no value, then why not just kill yourself? Why take the life of a sweet girl with you?"

Sock

"Taking my own life wouldn't do anything for anyone. At least this way, something changed. After all, the motive required a murder, did it not?"

[put something witty here]

"That's... really what this was about?" Molly's eyes narrow. "Whoever had their button pressed, they were gonna die next, so... you thought Anissa would be a better choice?"

Sock

"Well.. Anissa.. It's not like I got an explicit 'Okay' from her, but she was willing to go along with whatever I had planned. I didn't want anyone to die.. But I didn't want anyone to share anything.."

"A little late for that, you just killed someone! I mean... she actually agreed to let you kill her? That's ridiculous..."

Sock

"Don't you get it? Someone was gonna die anyways. They were a target. This was the only way I could do something for everyone.. I was sick of feeling useless.."

"Hey! We were all useless..! That's no excuse!"

Sock

"An excuse? Of course not. But you all seemed ready to sit back and let that damn bear win, and I wasn't having any of it! No one confesses. No one has to go through this hell anymore.
"

"Harsh, but I can't really say different..." Molly rolls her eyes at Akio's comment.

"...but you said Anissa was willing to go along with anything you were planning? Did she... know she would die? The two of you actually had the same idea?"

Sock

"I can't possibly know what she was thinking. There's no way to say for sure, is there? All I know is I felt she wanted this to end.."

"I know you all may hate me, but there was no chance in hell I was going to let you guys just die! Or confess! Or whatever! Call me weak. Call me whatever you want. In the end, I'm just happy to have known all of you.."

"Y-You should have talked to us..."

Sock

"What was that going to do..? Kagayaki was dead set on giving her life up, and there's no way I was gonna let that happen to anyone else."

"I do not recall ever asking that Anissa's life - or anyone else's - be traded for mine," Kagayaki hissed through her teeth, clearly fighting back tears. "Her last words were not of one who wished to die..."

Sock

"...Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just some lunatic.." Silas sighs. "I wasn't gonna sit back and let you all do as you please! I wasn't going to let that damn bear win, or anyone else who brought us here! Maybe Anissa didn't want it like this.. But I know deep down, she felt the same way. No one wants to die. No one wants to see their friends suffer."

"...Someone still died, anyways..."

Akio looked at Silas sadly. "T-There has to be some other reason..."

Sock

"It's unavoidable, isn't it? At least.. I hope Anissa's death was painless.."

Silas wipes his eyes. "Another reason..? No. There's no way I was the target, and my secret can't be nearly as bad as everyone else's. I just wanted to make sure no one else would have to suffer.."

"Killing wasn't the best way to to that, was it?" Silas gives a awkward chuckle.

"We spent so long, so long without a murder. It was clearly getting to Monokuma. Letting him win, is by committing a murder. Letting him lose, is by not. I am sorry Silas... your logic is flawed."

Sock

"So I was supposed to sit back and let the ones I care about die!? You expected me to do nothing?! Don't be ridiculous! Anissa and I Wanted everyone to live on.."

"Just a confession, that is all that was needed. There was no need for murder, not now, not ever. Two lives... two lives should not be exchanged for one. Every single life is precious... every single person, important, or will be important to someone out there. Anissa was going leave here, renewed vigor, giving it her all, inspiring many. Now she can not..."

Shirly turned her back to Silas, not wanting to look at him a second longer.

Sock

"Not everyone is like you. I don't know what you did, but it clearly couldn't compare to what Kagayaki has done. Anissa and I didn't want her to die!"

"I am a killer. This isn't my first time harming innocent people. I never learn, do I? At least this time, I'll be punished for it."

"And that... is what we all need to learn," Shirly says, keeping her back to Silas.

"We were all sent here by someone who dislikes us... for things we have done wrong. This. Must. Stop. We need to stop running from our past, stop trying to escape our wrongdoings, stop concealing who we are, and face the truth. Some of us are murderers... no, many of us are. Have you not learned anything from this game? Each and every murderer has been caught. It is how the world operates. The murderers, those who have done wrong, are thrown in jail. Even if they escape that, they must face a life of running, hiding, of guilt.

You have done nothing but increased the blood on Kagayaki's conscious, something she will have to burden for the rest of her life. Confessing may have gotten her in trouble, deeper trouble than you can imagine, yes, but if it is something she truly did, then facing it, coming to terms with what happened, righting the wrongs, is the true way to go. If she would rather choose death, then let that be her decision. If that is what she feels must be done for her, for the world to move onward... is that wrong?"

"...I have performed actions in the past that some would see as terrible," Kagayaki admitted quietly. "Yet even now, I believe they were right. 'Right' and 'wrong' are largely subjective, after all. Regardless, out of all of my enemies, there are still many who do not know who I am or what I have done, and I am certain none have any proof. Were I to confess my identity and deeds to the world, not only would my life be forfeit, but everything I had ever accomplished would have been for nothing as well. So confessing was never an option for me. If I were to survive this motive, I would be forced to murder."

She smiled sadly. "But that was not a choice I could make, either. Perhaps in the past, I could, but... we have spent too much time together. I could not see someone I have grown to care about die for my sake." She swallowed and squeezed her eyes shut. "...And now I must watch it happen to two of you. I cannot help but wonder: had I made my feelings more clear last night... perhaps this tragedy would not have happened..."

Sock

"....Maybe. Maybe you're right. Nothing can be done now. I never planned on gettin away with this in the first place."

Silas looks down at his feet. "I'm sorry everyone.. don't blame yourselves for this. I killed. I was the one who did this to Anissa. It's all on me, so I'll accept whatever punishment awaits me."

“Alright, let’s get a move on.” Monokuma decided. “You guys go to say goodbye, but not IT”S PUNISHMENT TIME!”
Spoiler: Caricature of Death Penalty
A large paper lasso wraps itself around Silas’ waist and pulls him into a room filled with paper. A gigantic Monokuma with a pencil starts to draw smaller, more normal-size Monokumas that soon animate themselves, and tear themselves free from their paper walls, and begin to shamble themselves towards Silas, gradually picking up speed. Silas is, at first, too stunned to move, but is quickly spurred to action as the first Monokuma lunges at Silas.

But Silas was too slow, and a small paper cut appears on his cheek, where the Monokuma had struck. As Silas checked to see that blood had been drawn, it began to dawn on him that he should run. However, during this time, the giant Monokuma had continued to churn out a number of Paperkumas, that shambled towards him. Silas dodged the oncoming mob and ran down a hallway.

However, as he ran, a hoard of Paperkumas gave chase. Silas continued as far as he could, but the hallway stopped in a dead end; there was nowhere left to run. As the mob approached, Silas stood up and faced the army of paper bears.

“This… this is what should’ve happened.” he said, quietly. The Paperkumas formed a veritable hill of death that swelled above him, and Silas closed his eyes as that mountain fell upon him. A sickly slicing sound as a comically large volume of blood-stained paper sprayed outwards from the scene, leaving only a bloodstain on the floor in the shape of Silas--the image of his corpse canvassed forever.

Spoiler: Post-Trial
It wasn’t like the other trials. There was no relief. No anger. Not even much pain. Just a horrible emptiness.

“T-That’s it, then?” Shirly asked. “W-We can go?”

“Tch.” Akio murmured. “H-He had to be lying, right? He probably just wanted to get out too…”

“It was no lie.” Monokuma explained. “Anissa felt she was the target, but couldn’t bring herself to do anything to help. She didn’t want Silas to bear the burden alone.” He awkwardly rubbed his head. “Though admittedly I would’ve preferred some confessions…”

“Hold on.” Molly said. “Who was the target? W-Who did Silas die for?”

“Lyla.” Monokuma was frank.

“M-Me?” Lyla asked.

“Yup. Money doesn’t matter much when it comes to family.”

“W-Wait, what?! What are you saying?”

“All in due time, all in due time.” Monokuma held out 11 video chips. They were all labeled: Silas Belrose, John Bramwell, Terry Carlson, Sachiko Hachibani, Ittetsu Haizaki, Momo Marigold, Anissa Silke, Penelope Reed, Dale Valler, Claudius Vermillion, Casey Windsor. “You guys can just take these for now. Have fun~”

The Devil You Know: End
5 Students Remaining

"W-What are these..?" Akio asked, observing the video chips. "Should we watch them..?"

"Considering their source, they are unlikely to contain any information we would want to see," Kagayaki opined after performing her rites for Anissa and Silas. "However, there is a chance they may give us a clue about those responsible for this 'game.' It would probably be best to see what is on them."

Shirly clasps her hands together for a moment, to mourn Silas' passing.

"While you went about it the wrong way, you still tried to be chivalrous. Rest in peace, misguided knight."

She turns her attention to the video chips now.

"I think it is best to watch these together. Less than a third of us remain... we must do whatever to stay firm. That last Monokuma File said it was the final one, ya? Maybe these will have some hint on how to end this!"

Spoiler: Chapter 6: He Who Fights With Monsters
The five remaining students arrived in firmware programming.

"Right." Lyla nodded. "Which one do we watch first?"

"D-Do Sachiko's first!" Akio snapped, raising his lighter. "I wanna see! I wanna see!"

With shaking hands, they put the video chip in.

Spoiler: Sachiko Hachibani
A young boy, about the age of Sachiko was sitting in a chair, speaking to the camera.

"I nominate Sachiko." He said blankly. "She tampered with my project, and poisoned our mentor. He became convinced I made a mistake, and promoted her instead of me." He shook his head. "It's not right. I'm the one who worked harder. I'm the one who needed it more. She has it coming."

"..."

"P-Poisoned..? S-She wouldn't poison anyone..! She's not like that!"

"Let's do Ittetsu's..." Lyla suggested.

Spoiler: Ittetsu Haizaki
"Hi there." A girl began speaking. It seemed like what she was about to say brought her great pain. "I...I nominate Dallas."

Tears formed in her eyes. "He's...he's not the boy I used to know. He forged evidence to get a conviction on his first murder case, convinced of his conclusion. He doesn't seem to show any regret and...I just don't recognize him anymore. Something about him changed."

The class recognized the girl. The one from the photo. Sally.

"T-These are the nomination videos," Akio gulped. "That must have been Dallas' side chick he was creeping on about..."

He turned to the others. "Which one should we do next..? M-Maybe Anissa?"

Spoiler: Anissa Silke
A woman was on screen. “I-I nominate my little sister.”

Despite her words, her eyes lacked conviction. Like she was convincing herself. “O-Our parents have provided her every opportunity, and she keeps throwing it away. Bad luck follows her everywhere she goes. Anything good that happens to her she finds a way to be miserable about it.”

She shook a little. “W-We’ve already given up so much for her. I couldn’t even go to college because of her—parents made sure to spend every penny on opportunities she finds new ways to screw up. She ruined our brother’s big promotion by embarrassing him in front of his boss. Her life is just a disaster, destined for failure. I-It’s better this way. S-She doesn’t want to live either. I-It’s not like I’m doing anything that wouldn’t have happened anyway."

Kagayaki simply stared intently at the people in the videos, her face expressionless. "L- Casey Windsor," she requested, quickly correcting herself.

Spoiler: Casey Windsor
"Hey, Case. It's me, Nate." A handsome guy was on screen, looked to be about in his mid twenties. He had a similar style to Casey, wearing a leather jacket, ripped t-shirt, and ragged jeans. "Despite everything, I hope you're alive to watch this. But if not well, you know you had it coming."

He breathed deeply. "For everyone else, you should know who I am. Case is my best friend. The amount of guys we've ripped off, the number of days we've slept in a cardboard box in the rain. Hell, it was miserable but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Then came a day where we planned a hustle. You know, the big one. We were gonna be set for life. Well, needless to say, things went wrong. They damn near killed me, and she ran away. She was supposed to be there. She was supposed to have my back, like I had hers all this time. She never reached out to me, never tried to find me. Hell, she probably hoped I was dead."

He shook his head. "Well, Case. I hope keeping your life was worth losing me. Losing my respect. You got a long game ahead of you. Go get 'em, kid."

"W-Why are we learning all this stuff now..? They all sound like horrible people!"

Kagayaki's stare turned icy. "...Let us view Dale's 'nominator' next."

I have a request. If you do a fourth danganronpa, will you please add the monokids. I would love to see monokuma slowly grow bigger and bigger until, at the end of the second class trial, ,BAM! Out come five children. I would love to see them slowly progress and evolve until they become the monokubs we meet in v3. Thank you for the time.

Spoiler: Dale Valler
A man with tattoos and piercings was on screen, fingers curled together. "I nominate Dale Valler."

He stirred some of his coffee before continuing. "There's nothing more I'd want than to kill the man myself. He neglected his duty, allowing a massacre to happen on his watch. He had no reason except for simple weakness and greed. There's no place for a man like him in this world. A man who'd let so many die just to better his own position. A man without honor."
Page 95 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus