Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 96 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 5 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

"W-We get the picture!" Akio shuddered. "...Do we really have to watch each one..?"

Akio shook his head. "Let's try that asshole, John. He said he was the mastermind, right?"

Spoiler: John Bramwell
An older looking woman, probably in her 40s, was on screen. She looked absolutely distressed.

“John? “I know you’ll look over this-- Please, if you want to make it up to me, just stop. Just stop.” she pleaded. “What you did-- it wasn’t okay, and it won’t ever be. But I’ve thought about how lonely it must be for you, and I think… maybe even if it’s not okay, you don’t have to punish yourself. But most of all, don’t punish yourself by punishing others. This crusade of yours, it doesn’t have to happen! Just… just don’t!”

She reached for the camera, but the video was edited to end at that point.

"W-What the fuck?! This asshole has a lot of nerve! Punishing us for what?!"

"'Don't punish yourself by punishing others'..." Kagayaki tilted her head. "Whoever this woman is, she does not seem to be one of the 'nominators'. So then, who is she, and why is her video mixed in with the others?

"...We should watch the rest, in any case. What about Terrence's?"

Spoiler: Terry Carlson
An elderly woman with a severe grimace on her face was looking at the camera.

“My name is Paige Atkinson, and I don’t care if you know that. Terry Carlson, that snake, abandoned my grandson when he was bedridden. Decided to become an actor instead of helping my grandson. He died because Terry broke his heart. That's the truth, Terry knows it too." She pulled out a tissue and dapped her eyes. "It isn't right. So I nominate Terry Carlson for this game.”

Akio clutched his shoulder.

"...Well, let's just get the rest. Penelope?"

Spoiler: Penelope Reed
A disheveled looking girl was on screen, practically dressed in rags.

“M-My name is Imani.” She shivered. “I nominate Penelope Reed for this game. For brainwashing me, my family…” She bit her lip at a painful memory. “We lost everything because of her. Bought into what she was saying hook, line, and sinker. She’s e-evil, tricking so many into buying the crap she spews. I h-hope she dies, and I don’t feel bad about that. Not in the slightest."

[put something witty here]

"Three left... w-we should just get then over with..."

Molly tugs at her sleeve, eyes glued to the screen with an unreadable expression.

"Let's... let's see Claud next."

Spoiler: Claudius Vermillion
A thin man with a short mustache appeared on-screen.

“Hello. I am Gaius Cassius Lavendar.” He said. “In order to end the revolution that has claimed the lives of so many of my fellow citizens, I have elected to nominate Claudius Vermillion for this… this ‘killing game’. Too many lives have been lost, and there seems to be no end in sight to satisfy his hunger. Hopefully, he understands, and knows that his kingdom is now in better hands…”

"Two more...let's see Silas..."

Spoiler: Silas Belrose
In the seat, a young lady with a somber face stared back into the camera.

“My name… my name is Julie.” she said, looking earnestly. “And I nominated Silas Belrose for this… whatever it is. He burned down our foster home, and… well, I was one of the ones that made it out.”

She paused, as if searching for the next part to say.

“People died...a lot of them. I-I...I can’t go to bed at night without hearing their screams. They were my friends, people I’d grown up with.” She winced. “I don’t care if it was an accident. He can’t travel the world, acting like what happened didn’t matter. T-There needs to be consequences.”

"And then Momo..."

Spoiler: Momo Marigold
A young man, about the same age as the students were at the beginning of the game, appeared on-screen.

“I’m Stanley. The so-called superhero ‘Masked Momo’ framed me for vandalism, and got me arrested. From then on, I was in the system. I had to drop out of high school and my university scholarship was rescinded because of it. I can’t even get a job that doesn’t pay above minimum wage--everyone just thinks of me as some delinquent. So I nominate him for this game. I hope he chokes.”

All the videos had been watched. Thoughts raced around the room in every direction.

"What...was this?"

"These...were our friends?"

Kagayaki slowly stepped away from the monitors and sat in one of the rolling chairs. She folded her hands in her lap, closed her eyes, and sighed.

"...T-There's videos for us, right..?" Akio stammered. "Can we...do we want to see them..? If they exist..."

"...S-So what now? What are we supposed to do, knowing all that?" Molly glances nervously at the remaining students. "If our videos are anything like the ones we just saw..."

"W-We don't really know each other, do we..?"

"I was really hoping it was all a lie, just something thrown in to confuse us, but... having it spelled out for us like that? Guess we're back to square one," Molly smilles bitterly.

"...D-Do you guys not remember..? Something about what you could have done?"

"And? What is the point, you, Monokuma, have been telling us of this all game. This is not anything new."

"So how long exactly will this hypocritical judging continue?"

Kagayaki regarded the others with what appeared to be a calm smile. "Yes, everyone we grew to know here has done something awful in their past. I would have thought that quite clear by now. Why else would we have been brought here? Did you think this was all a huge misunderstanding? That everyone here was a saint, and had never erred or done something to hurt someone else? On that note, are the rest of you saying your pasts are pristine, that you have never done anything that would cause anyone to hold a grudge against you?"

She chuckled wryly. "We all have parts of our lives we would rather others not know. Committing terrible deeds does not always equate to being a terrible person. Even if it did, it does not justify this horrible game, where we have been made to suffer, kill one another, and die excruciating deaths, all while those who chose this as our fate watch our pain, then simply leave once the person they entered is no longer 'playing'. How does this right any of our 'wrongs'?"

"...Y-Yeah..there's no way we deserve this...no way..."

A hint of doubt remained in Akio's voice as he looked on the floor. "B-But..."

"...I guess you're right. No point lying about why we're here this far in..."

Molly nods along, more out of defeat than agreement.

"We've all got a reason to be hated, might as well start owning up pretty soon..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

lcarus wrote:
"...I guess you're right. No point lying about why we're here this far in..."

Molly nods along, more out of defeat than agreement.

"We've all got a reason to be hated, might as well start owning up pretty soon..."

Lyla frowns.

"Is there any point in owing up to anything...? I don't want to say it, I really don't... maybe it's best if the videos do it for us instead... if they exist, that is. But it doesn't seem like they do, so uhm..."

The hologram of John appeared. “Just what I expected. Denying culpability, and changing the goalposts.” He shook his head. “There’s not a single person in this world who’s a saint, but is that it? Do you honestly think the world would be better off if you came back?”

He shrugged. “Whatever. Follow me...to the trial room.”

“Welcome to the class trial! The purpose of this trial is to find out who gets to graduate!”

“Let’s just move on to the main event.” John grumbled. “They already know it’s coming.”

“Right! Sure thing!” Monokuma pressed a button on a remote. 5 flat screens lowered around the perimeter of the trial room. Each just displayed static, then one by one they played a video.

Spoiler: Shirly Cahill
“Hello? Er… I guess you can’t really answer me back, can you?” a disheveled young woman said.

“I was the happiest person in the world! I had an adorable little baby girl that I could be a mother to!” she said brightly, but with a certain tension in her face. “My mother ran out on me when I was a kid, but I could be a real mother to my little Erin!

“And then the policies started changing. Tips were given to whoever was at the register at the time. Because she brought in more tips than anyone else, management thought she should take home more tips than everyone else too. But then management never scheduled anyone else at the register, because she was bringing in more people. Imagine that--not even being able to make a living because she your coworker always sluts up the place?

“...and as she took over more and more of the shop, I got less and less hours. I tried begging the manager, but… I had no bargaining power against them. I was just second best coffee maker in a coffee shop. But with how little I was allowed to work, I couldn’t pay… not to take care of myself, nor to take care of… Erin…

“I even asked that girl-- I won’t call her ‘Shirly’-- that’s not her name. But anyway, I swallowed my pride and even asked that girl for help.” said the young woman. “You know what she said to me? ‘I do this for my family.’ Just like my family didn’t even matter at all. But she certainly had the money to throw around for her boyfriend and those outfits...

“So I had to give her up. My little baby girl. She’s six now, and she doesn’t even know my face. I don’t even know if she knows she’s adopted…” The woman’s voice cracks. “I have a job again, but… I can’t legally take my daughter back anymore. I.... she’ll never know me. All because ‘Shirly’ took her from me.”

Spoiler: Molly Reynard
The man in the video was...a clown?

“I was… I was going to be the one to bring clowns back into the common consciousness. But the Ringmaster all but told me that I’d never get center stage. Not as long as Molly was there. It didn’t matter that I was a better act than her. It didn’t even matter that she didn’t want to be there! She… she had the chance of a lifetime and she didn’t want it! I couldn’t believe it!

“Me and the other performers, we’d even air our grievances straight to the ringmaster. Of course he’d ignore us. Of course daddy’s little girl would just keep begging for more.

“You think she tried to get to know us? Please. I think she was happy to see us gone. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if she even encouraged him to cut us out.

“...so when that Bramwell kid came to me with this, I jumped at the chance. Joke’s on me, though. Now that the Ringmaster’s gone belly-up, I had to jump ship. I do alright for myself, but it’s not nearly the crowds I’m used to…” said the man, looking down. “But I ain’t got no regrets. She’s there and that’s where she belongs, as far as I’m concerned. She ain’t got no unearned success in there now, I’d imagine.”

Spoiler: Lyla Everell
“You know there was a time when I would’ve said that Lyla’s dream was worth bankrupting our parents? But then… after she started training… it’s just like she forgot other people existed. You know the last time I saw her? Had dinner with her? Even talked on the phone?

He began to bite his nails. “I was afraid for her. I saw what she was becoming. Cold. Detached. ...a killer. Maybe I am selfish, but I thought this game might make her appreciate what she had.” He looked away, not even being able to face the camera. “And you know, I saw what she did to John. So it’s not like I was wrong either.

“I’m not mad at her. Honest. Not until Dad…” He took a deep breath. “Well, if there’s one thing I’ll say, he really loved you Lyla. Enough to the point he got killed for it. You can believe it or not, but I pressed that button because I knew there was nothing out for you here. Not like you’d be happy if you escaped and the only one to welcome you was me, right?”

Spoiler: Kagayaki Saitou
An old man, looking heavy with burdens reached out the camera, angling it towards him.

“My name is Aizawa. Whoever you are, you probably don’t know me. And that’s fine. That suits me. I suppose you’ll want to know why. But that’s not the reason I’m speaking to you. And, to be honest, I’m not even sure I understand the scope of what has happened. Instead, I will talk to you about my daughter, and how she met her end.

“I come from a large...family. I was never part of it. I never agreed with what they did. I had simply been meeting with my brother. He wanted to catch up. Meet my daughter. That’s all it was. We decided to have a picnic by the local shrine.

“I suppose she was on a mission that day. Before we could even react, she had appeared before us and slaughtered my brother. Would’ve killed me too--leave no witness behind. But my daughter…” He closed his eyes.

“I had gotten away. She never came back for me. My daughter was in the ICU for a long time, but she eventually succumbed to her wounds. Wounds she sustained from that blade the shinobi is always brandishing…

“My daughter was a capricious, vapid young thing. But she was my daughter, and it was my duty to see her enter adulthood.” he said, not quite sad, but regretful. “That… that assassin girl made sure that she never did. So I would take from her what she took from my daughter. But I’m not in that position-- you are. So please tell me. Why is that person’s life still intact-- even now, all these years after that odd young man came to me and promised me vengeance-- when my daughter’s is not? I… I don’t believe in displays of emotion, or affection. This nameless ninja has taken my legacy from me. So just do as you should-- this person doesn’t deserve to live. See it done.”

Spoiler: Akio Taira
A horrifying looking woman was on screen. Her body was terribly disfigured, burns covering most of her face and arms.

“Did you know that there’s only one part of the body where nerve cells actively continue to grow after they’ve died? I don’t blame you if you don’t-- I didn’t. It’s… it’s the fingertips.” She held up her right hand, whose tips were covered over with scars. “The doctors tell me that there’s enough blood going to my fingertips for the nerve endings to heal, but no blood goes to the scar tissue that they grow into. So they keep growing and then die again and again. And I feel constant pain as they do. The doctors have me on pain medication, but… no matter what dosage, what mixture, what schedule, it doesn’t… it doesn’t take long to build up a tolerance. And the pain returns, and gets worse.

“Do you know what it’s like to walk down a street and have people look away from you? Seeing children start to cry just from looking at you?

“All of this because Akio…well I’m sure you can fill in the blanks. That reckless ant hurts people everyday and then skips around like there’s not a problem in the world. But there is--it’s him.”

"Err...did I do that..?"

Akio tilted his head, trying to recognize the woman in his video.

"...Nope, don't know her. Wasn't me, bitch!"

"Actually, you did do that." John said. The roomba pulled out an article of a newspaper, describing vacant houses being set on fire for no apparent reason. "Your lack of remembrance, sympathy, and refusal to reconcile what you've done...hmph. I can already tell you'll be a great choice."

"A-A great choice..?"

Akio tilted his head. "I-I mean..! Yeah, I might love fires a lot..! Blame a man for his passion!"

"...I really deserve it here, I really am the absolute scum of the earth."

"So I am here due to that incident after all. I thought that might be the case."

Kagayaki let out a remorseful sigh. "...It was the second mission I had undertaken. My first had been completed a short time prior to that, with no difficulties, mistakes, and most importantly, no evidence I had been there at all. I could not have hoped for a greater success. ...I allowed that to go to my head. I was eager to take on and complete another mission as quickly as I could, in order to build on my previous success.

"I was foolish, and utterly careless. I should never have carried out that assassination with innocent bystanders there. Aizawa's daughter perished due to my recklessness, and worse yet, I did not even spare her from her suffering by granting her a swift end." She bit her lip. "He believes I should pay for this with my life. Perhaps he is not wrong."

No other way than to make this mistake.

That was the final nail in the coffin for Lyla. Hearing her own brother say those words was almost a revelation that made her realize what she truly did.

She stares at the monitor until tears start to drop from her eyes. Through sobs, she manages to utter-- "Nathan, I'm so sorry..."

She then covers her eyes with her hands.

Akio checked the newspaper once more, looking at all the homes that were burned down by his hands.

"...I-I just...Was this really me..?"

"G-Guess... it really was my fault after all..." Molly squeezes the podium I front of her tightly, gaze turned downward

"What can I say? I just wanted to make my father happy. Join his circus, let him show off my talents to the crowd, and so what if we were pushing everyone else out of the spotlight? They were just jealous, that's all. I was the star, not them! If they're gonna complain, they shouldn't be here!

"...at least, that's what I thought back then. Maybe I could have changed his mind back then, but it's too late now. And he's got nothing left, n-now that his main act is gone, and there was nobody else for him to lean on... so because of that, I deserve to die? I-Is that it?"

"Who deserves what is up to you." John said. He claps his hands...somehow.

4 buttons appear on each podium, each labeled with a name.

"Each button is linked to the life of one of your classmates. Pressing the button will kill them at the end of the trial. Anyone who presses the button gets to leave."

"Leave?" Kagayaki asks. "I trust this won't be a trick again?"

"You'll be given control of the ship. You'll leave the island. You'll return to your homes."

"W-Wait a second." Akio asked. "What if I press a button but people press mine?"

"Then the one with the most votes takes precedence. So if two people press Akio's button, it doesn't matter what button he pressed. He'll die, and his vote won't count." He chuckled. "You heard all the testimonies. It's up to you all to decide who deserves to die the most."

"Y-You're saying we have to vote someone to die?! That's how we'll leave..?!"

Akio shook his head. "N-No way..! I-I already promised myself I wouldn't do that again..!"

“Then don’t vote.” John was frank. “You’re free to keep playing the game—or would you prefer to be their sacrifice?”

"You will not tell us about the video with your name on it?" Kagayaki asked the hologram.

John frowned at the question. “It was my mother. That’s all.”
Page 96 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus