Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 265 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Going through the abandoned factory in Mor Ardain in Xenoblade 2

And every story beat here is incredible.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
Going through the abandoned factory in Mor Ardain in Xenoblade 2

And every story beat here is incredible.

If you think this is incredible story, just wait until you get to Chapter 6 and beyond. It gets even better.

Also, the Chapter 4 boss is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed.

In Justice We Trust

I'm a bit disappointed by the update, though for admittedly very personal reasons.

Spoiler: Xenoblade 2 in its entirety
I imagine I'm not the only person who wanted Haze (a.k.a. Fan La Norne) to be a recruitable Blade for New Game +. They could have even included a quest to reassemble her Core Crystal; Amalthus could leave behind his half when he's killed and the party could then search the ruins of Indol for Haze's half. I know she was killed off because her ability was too powerful, but the same argument could be used against making Obrona playable. The fact that Mikhail, who isn't even a Blade, is recruitable in New Game + further weakens any justification for excluding Haze.

I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

I've not noticed anything spoilery from the update? I've not looked at your tag though, was it something bad?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

General Luigi wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed by the update, though for admittedly very personal reasons.

Spoiler: Xenoblade 2 in its entirety
I imagine I'm not the only person who wanted Haze (a.k.a. Fan La Norne) to be a recruitable Blade for New Game +. They could have even included a quest to reassemble her Core Crystal; Amalthus could leave behind his half when he's killed and the party could then search the ruins of Indol for Haze's half. I know she was killed off because her ability was too powerful, but the same argument could be used against making Obrona playable. The fact that Mikhail, who isn't even a Blade, is recruitable in New Game + further weakens any justification for excluding Haze.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if she returns in the paid DLC. I think NG+ was mostly just for Torna, and the fact that we got that for free is pretty incredible.

OBJECTION!

Gone back to Zero Time Dilema now, its quite good (though I feel I'm near the end, still have a few endings left)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Happy Maria

From what I've heard, you're quite close, yeah. Keep going, the end is in sight :)

Gettin' Old!

Trying to kill Azure Reginald in Xenoblade 2

Some of these unique bosses are infuriating!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Last Window rereplay now. Gosh I missed this game. So good.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Far Cry 5 finally came out this week. I was so hyped, as I loved 3, 4, and Primal. It pains me to say this, but I'm trading it back in tomorrow. It's just...not good. It feels like Ubisoft saw how games like Breath of the Wild fully incorporated open-world gameplay and said "Hey guys we can do also do it! We're cool too!". Some missions are entertaining, but they mostly feel aimless and boring. There's 3 regions, which each house their own story (Similar to Breath of the Wild). However, unlike BotW, these regions should be connected narratively with each other, and they aren't at all. It feels incredibly awkward and disconnected.

The story in general is awful. The villains get very little depth, and story missions either feel like sidequests or are forcibly shoved in at random points. The only "good" story missions are in John Seed's territory; Jacob's is literally the same thing 4 times in a row and Faith's is just a bunch of drug trips (Drug trips are a Far Cry staple, but unlike the other ones, you don't do ANYTHING in these. You just walk around.)

And don't get me started on the endings. They're absolute garbage. And when I say garbage, I mean Mass Effect 3 level garbage.

Spoiler: Far Cry 5 endings
After killing the other Seed family members, Joseph Seed (The main antagonist) drugs all of your newly acquired friends and drugs all of them except for your police friends. He gives you two options: Let Joseph go, or Resist.

1. Let him go: Joseph lets you and your police friends to walk free, but you leave him and the rest of your drugged friends behind. As you leave Montana in order to alert the National Guard, you become hypnotized. In earlier portions of the game, being hypnotized results in you turning into a killing machine. So, you essentially kill your friends and become hypnotized.

2. Resist: You get a cool boss fight, but then right as you're about to arrest him the cult drops a FUCKING NUKE. You're forced to retreat to a bunker with your police friends + a now arrested Joseph, and you have to leave your other friends behind to die as the entire county you just worked hard to free gets burnt to a crisp. However, on the drive to the bunker, everyone else dies except for you and Joseph. Joseph locks you up in the bunker, and you're stuck with only him.

Both endings result in your friends dying, Joseph not dying, and everything you worked so hard to achieve being completely wiped away. It eliminates all motivation to return to the game and finish any sidequests, and I doubt I'll ever want to replay the game with this garbage ending. I have no reason to keep it, so might as well sell it and get some value back.

It sucks too, because I love the setting, idea, and controls. Guns feel smooth and powerful, the Guns for Hire system is fun and unique, and the idea of fighting a cult is awesome. However, the story and actual missions are butchered so badly that I doubt I'll ever pick this game up again.

Happy Maria

I just realised that it's been over a year since my last SoJ playthrough. Got pretty burnt out on my second replay in the second half of 6-5 so I'm starting afresh from the beginning. Maybe after I finish this I'll play the Layton crossover as well, that was pretty fun iirc.

Gettin' Old!

Climbing the world Tree In Xenoblade 2. The plot is only getting better and I'm real excited to get my gf and one of my friends to try the first Xenoblade.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The video game boy; the one who wins

Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective. It's kind of like a budget-lovechild of Zero escape, Ghost trick and Time hollow. The writing isn't top-notch, nor is the translation, and I felt like it got worse as the game progressed, but it's fun to play and I like the characters. I did finish the game today (it's only about 6 or so hours long) but apparently there are two more endings so I guess I'm not entirely finsihed with it.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Aren't those also the Jake Hunter games? Think I've seen them around before.

The video game boy; the one who wins

For me? If so, no. But that sounds interesting too.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

In Justice We Trust

Finally bothered to finish up Xenoblade 2. I can only handle the tedium of grinding Trust and farming Core Crystals in search of Rare Blades for so long. Considering my disappointment with Chapter 7's finale, my expectations for the ending were low. I still like the game overall, but the ending... well, let's just say I think I was right to have low expectations.

Spoiler: Xenoblade 2 ending
Blah. I'm getting too old for Disney Deaths. You didn't fool me in Chapter 7, you're not fooling me here. Plus, it's kind of hard to buy the "a man has to know when to let go" bit when Pyra and Mythra come back--and as two separate people, to boot. Fanservice-y designs notwithstanding, I've no issues with Pyra, Mythra, or Pneuma, but I've begun toying with the idea of a "what if?" fan fiction in which they remain in their Chapter 7 vegetative state and the party is forced to either find a non-PoL way to revive them or save the world without them.

Oh, and Malos can go fluorine uranium carbon potassium himself. I think of myself as a pretty forgiving person, but this guy was unrepentant to the end. For me to give a damn about the guy who just tried to destroy the world, I need to see him actually show remorse and make a serious effort to make amends.

All in all, I stand by my previous view that 1 had the better story--or at least performed better in the execution of said story.

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler: Regarding Xenoblade 2
I did thoroughly like the tie-in to the original Xenoblade. It was nice to hear Shulk's voice again and the thought of both final battles taking place simultaneously was pretty cool.

I feel the ending of 2 with the return of Mythra and Pyra was eh as well and it makes even less sense to me. The Architect was dying so he said that Mythra and Pyra would fade as well. He used the last of his power to fix the planet. Like...I clocked "Yeah...blades regenerate from crystals, and so there's a clear opportunity for that here" once the crystal was tossed over. Yet without the architect I don't get how Mythra/Pyra could regenerate...less so why they'd have there memories other than "Cause Aegis, lol".

I found myself really wanting to know what the deal with Addam was. Constantly remains hooded, completely disappears into nowhere, felt really odd to leave his character unexplored like that. I kept expecting some big twist connecting Rex to Addam like the big twists surrounding Shulk's origins but it never came.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Spoiler: Xenoblade 2 ending
I originally thought Klaus's "final gift" was the return of Pyra/Mythra AND the world creation, but I dunno anymore. Apparently dataminers found that the inaudible line Pyra/Mythra says at the end is "Hello, I'm _____" which would mean that they lost their memory, which I guess is another way to look at it. It's a decent ending, but 1 has the better story overall. 2 is still my favorite of the series though.

Anyways, after the debacle of Far Cry 5 I decided to trade in my Xbox for a PS4 in order to get my hands on some exclusives. I still have to play Bloodborne, but I've played 3 games so far: Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, and Persona 5. I'll get into Persona later, as it deserves it's own post.

Horizon is, in my opinion, what story driven open world games should strive to be. While BotW has the major upper hand in exploration, the story here is fantastic. Aloy is an incredible protagonist (one of my personal favorites in a video game) and the characters surrounding her (Varl, Erend, and Sylens in particular) are also top notch. The fluidity of the combat was a pleasant surprise as well, as were the numerous sidequests. Nothing stood out to me too much, but it's a game that checks off all the boxes quite well. I'd give it a 9/10.

Ratchet and Clank is pretty much the polar opposite, and I resented it at first. I wanted more story and open world, so to get cheesy jokes and simple platforming was kinda lame. However, over time, it really grew on me. The levels are fun, the guns are unique and varied, and the bosses were rock solid. It's an incredibly simple game, but that's not a bad thing. I'd say it's an 8/10, but I have no desire to replay it any time soon. It's more of a one-time thing.

Happy Maria

Recently started replaying BA2. Good stuff. 10/10.

Grabbed FF XV.

Happy Maria

Well, finished BA2....at least the main game. Adventure Replay still awaits.

Also started 6-5 after all this time. Whooo!

Gettin' Old!

Finished Breath of the Wild and it was pretty great.

Pretty satisfied with how things panned out although I wish we had more closure with the other guardians. Really I just wanted more meat to ship MiphaxLink haha but nah it was good.

The final battle was pretty...easy all things considered. The penultimate one was far better even if I was terrible at it.

Now I need a new game for my Switch...open to options!
Completed:
Xenoblade 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Super Mario RPG.

In Justice We Trust

Jeez, I still haven't actually beaten Breath of the Wild. Thinking about it, it's just like what happened with Xenoblade Chronicles 2; I've pretty much finished the main plot, but for whatever reason, I just don't feel like facing the final boss yet, so I just sort of wander from sidequest to sidequest until I get tired of that and just flat-out stop playing.

Side-note: I ended up naming all my horses after horses and pegasi from the Fire Emblem games. My first horse was Huey, after Florina's pegasus, my second was Titania, after Vanessa's pegasus, I named the Royal Horse Aurora, after Cordelia's pegasus, and I named the Giant Horse Avel, after Sophie's horse. I just wish they had a health meter I could see (has that been patched in since I last played the game?); I've gotten Aurora killed on more than one occasion.

Gettin' Old!

I wouldn't know. I never ride my horses into danger unless it's mounted combat with other riders.

Even then I do more horse archery so I never get close enough to get hit.

I named my Royal Horse Atreyu from the neverending story (though in hindsight I think that horse is called Artax).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Finishing up my 2nd run-through of Persona, all confidants maxed. Definitely worth the effort. Can’t wait to play 3 and 4.

Picked up Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors. I’ve played both extensively, but it’s still fun to play them again. Tropical Freeze is still an absolute masterpiece that I’d recommend to everyone. I haven’t gotten into the new maps on Hyrule Warriors yet, but I imagine I’ll be playing it throughout the summer. It’s an easy game to pick up and play for like an hour or two.

I also need to start playing some of the SNES rpgs (FFVI, Secret of Mana, Earthbound) along with Bloodborne and Rayman. Thank god there aren’t any big games coming out for a while.

You mean the Definite Edition for Switch Hyrule Warriors?

Gettin' Old!

Ugh I like hyrule warriors a lot but I'm not about to be taken for a ride by buying it again full price.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Already I'm back to replaying HD/LW. I'm a little bit surprised myself at how much I keep replaying these.

Also making it far in Adventure Replay mode in BA2. Almost got all the achievements.

You know, a Mario game!

Infamous, I got it for Christmas 2 years ago along with its sequel and barely touched it, and I'm finally getting around to playing through the game. I'm doing a good karma playthrough, since that's usually how I play games like this. I might do an evil karma playthrough afterwards, it just depends on how much of the game changes. I already know the big twist at the end, due to a "top 10 final bosses" video I watched years ago, but that hardly matters.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I've felt worse.

dimentiorules wrote:
Infamous, I got it for Christmas 2 years ago along with its sequel and barely touched it, and I'm finally getting around to playing through the game. I'm doing a good karma playthrough, since that's usually how I play games like this. I might do an evil karma playthrough afterwards, it just depends on how much of the game changes. I already know the big twist at the end, due to a "top 10 final bosses" video I watched years ago, but that hardly matters.

You won't find a huge difference in playing the evil side. You get different ability upgrades and fifteen different side missions but that's about it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Yabba Dabba Doo

CatMuto wrote:

Yup. The improved framerate looks very nice. With all the adventure maps it’ll be a good 300-400 hours of content.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Yup. The improved framerate looks very nice. With all the adventure maps it’ll be a good 300-400 hours of content.

From what I recall a bunch of the adventure maps were outright unfair.

All those "never get hit" and "achieve impossible objective by X" really hindered my enjoyment of that mode.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

From what I recall a bunch of the adventure maps were outright unfair.

All those "never get hit" and "achieve impossible objective by X" really hindered my enjoyment of that mode.

Apparently they balanced them out a bit. There’s now a recommended order, along with a better system of rewards. There’s the new item card shop too. Hopefully it’ll be better than the last one.

Even then, the first map along got me 60+ hours, so if I only do 2-3 it’ll still be worth it

I played those 'Never Get Hit' parts on the 3DS version (Legends) and I still got A Rank. I always thought there was a mistake or I misunderstood the goal. I REALLY want to get the Switch version! I like Legends, but I DO miss the better graphics from the WiiU version... I just need the money for a Switch and the game...

I've felt worse.

So one of the Kickstarter goals for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (the Castlevania clone) was a short spin-off in the style of the NES Castlevania games, and that just released today. I'm a bit perplexed that this is releasing before the actual game comes out, but it's more Castlevania so why no- and I already got knocked back into a bottomless pit. 10/10
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

Playing Tyranny again. I'm going to see if the so-called Anarchist Path is something I'd enjoy. I find Bleden Mark to be a fun character, so I might at least enjoy spending more time with him.

As a side-note, I'm told that Tyranny is available for free this weekend on Steam (though you'll presumably have to pay full price for it if you want to continue playing once the weekend is over).

Those free weekends on Steam would be a much better deal for me if I didn't have such shit internet. Right now some recent games could take me so long to download that I have less than a day to actually play it...
Signature loading, please wait...

Yabba Dabba Doo

Just recently found out that the SNES Classic is moddable, so I immediately put FFIV, FFV, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest V/VI on it, along with the other DKC games. Those, along with Octopath and Persona 3P/4G, are gonna make this the summer of RPGs for me.

To kick things off, I started Chrono Trigger. I kinda understand the battle system and the story, but it’s pretty clearly a SNES game with how vague it is. Still, it’s aged well.

PUBG, this game helps me to stay up late. It really addicting, is there anyone here who's also playing the said game?
Page 265 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station