Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 32 posts ]

Monthly Spriting Competition! - not quite human [WINNER]Topic%20Title

i feel pretty

ALL HAIL. KNEEL FOR THE GLOW CLOUD. SACRIFICE. PESTILENCE. SORES. ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD.
ImageImageImageImage

Welcome, creatures of all kinds, to the new sprite competition.

Humans. We've all drawn so many of them. It makes sense, after all - most of us artists are human, despite our best efforts. But why not mix things up a little?

The theme for this competition is to sprite a SAPIENT life form that, even if it may appear as such, is not quite human 。

ENTRIES

Spoiler: SuperAj3
Commander Tartar: A 12,000 year old AI in the form of a telephone that wants to blend everyone to make superior DNA due to its disgust of people enjoying fashion.

Spoiler: Ropfa
This creature is an immortal life-sucking vampire, having been around since the dawn of the ages. Despite living among humans for much of its life, there is speculation that it in fact originates from beyond the limits of our Earth, possibly from another planet. The monster is incapable of understanding or mimicking human emotion - a fact which becomes very apparent in interactions with it. This inability to properly interact with others led it to snap one year and go on a killing spree of unsolved murders throughout northern California, eventually coming to be known to the public as the Zodiac Killer. It never faced justice for its crimes. Will Phoenix be able to finally unravel these mysterious crimes and reveal the culprit? Only time will tell...

Spoiler: DarthWiader
We all know our Judge has presided over various cases for many, many years... How many, you may ask. He looks exactly the same, be it 2012 or 2028. Does he even age? What is his real name? We want to look deeply in this matter... But what kind of madness from forgotten aeons might we discover along the way?

Spoiler: Ann-na
My character, Laktika. Not so different from humans. =_= Her race is a mix of human and feline DNA, but the former is much, much more apparent.
The green circle is a shoddy attempt at making a hologram. She's a weather girl, and I thought it'd be a good idea for her to have a holographic projection of the planet for forecasts. It expands, of course. XD The projector's in the ring.
She looks down on the human race. XD

RULES FOR HU MANS

When I say SAPIENT, this means no animals. If you're not sure on the difference between SAPIENCE and SENTIENCE, this link should help clear up the difference.
They may look human, but I would encourage you to think outside the box on this one.

Other than that, anything goes. Aliens? Lizardmen? Mark Zuckerberg? M͠ͅo̟̘͔̳̠ͅn̙̝̲͙̬̺̤͞s̬t̻͙e҉͉̺r̛̤̱̝̩̱s̮̳͖͚̣̣̰?̻͇̪͝ D̠̤͙̎́̈ͣ͛ͦ̑ͣ̓ͭ͑̆́͡ͅeͮ̃̏ͧ͆͐̓̀͜͏̳̟̜̟̻̥͚̗͔͇̮̲̦͔̹̙͢m̧̺̟͕͍͔̣̃̿̈́̂̓͝͝ͅọ͕̹̙̟̯̦̬͔̗͍͈̒ͤͭ͆̂͂͊ͭ́̀̚͜͝n̬͙̩̩̫ͯ̃̂ͧ͛͛͋̓̉̽̓ͦ̏̇ͪ̌̎̉͢͢ŝ̖̤̪̞̤͍͍̗̦̘͚̰̩̈̆ͮ̒̊̂͗̑ͦ̂̀̕͠?̸͍̗̬̼̖̗̥͕͎͓̞̼͉̪͚̪̘̺̿̉ͣͦ͋͌ͭ͜͝ͅ T̷̥̘̤̖̬̞͚̻͙̪͈̹͉͇ͬ̈ͮ̾͂̃̈́̂░░ ̷̘̟̬͈͉͆͗̓͂̔ͨ̓̓́̊ͫ̉S̛͓͙͍̝̺̺̱̮̠͚̪̻̮̗̘̫̑̊ͥͦ̉̄̎̏́░i̴̢̘̗͉̰͚̬̖͔̲͖̘͔̝̭̦̳̰ͩͪͤ̑ͮ̅͂̒̕l̵̹̣̗̳̘͇͚̹͓̼̜͈̯̻̾̀ͧ͌ͧ̏ͤͥͨ͊̌ͭ̏ͦ̑̀̐̚̚͟i̢͓͙̠̹̟̗͈̮̐̽͂ͪͭ́́͟͜ͅͅ░g̶̙̻̭̹̞̳̟͉̅͗̊̄ͦͨ̏͊ͪ͌͆͌́ ̶̦͔̪͙̖͍̙͈̻̙̦̗͖̭̌̓͆ͤ̎̎̌̌̑̋̾̆͗̓̽͋͋̿͝░ö̵̧̧̗͚͍̬́ͩ̀̌ͤ̉͋͗̈́ͪͦ́░?̺͚̰̥̜̗̠ͩ̒̉̿̃̔͐ͨͫͭ̓ͯ̅̎͘͢░ ░░░░ ░░░░░ ░░░░ ░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░ ░░

Deadline for entries is July 21st.

ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴ.

Previous Comps:
~ Mar '15, May '15, Aug '15, Dec '15, Mar '16, May '16, Jul '16, Nov '16, Feb '17, Jun '17, Aug '17, Nov '17, Feb '18, Apr '18, June '18

Spoiler: ORIGINAL RULES
  • Each month a new topic will be picked (by the previous month's winner).
  • To enter, just post your entry here.
  • Stick to the theme! (This one's obvious), but make sure you enter something relevant to the theme picked.
  • ONE entry per person. You can submit one character/sprite design and it can be as little as a single frame, or as large as a full set! Up to you
  • NO USING OTHER FAN SPRITES. Even with permission, we want to see your own creative works. Editing official sprites is OK though.
  • Be creative! Simple recolors are not allowed. At least 2 character sprites edited together with a unique color palette counts as an original sprite. Also drawing custom outfits/costumes from scratch for existing sprites is also acceptable.

Example:
    Acceptable:
    Image Image
    (Custom drawn costume, or a splice of 2 or more official characters, with a unique palette)

Unacceptable:
    Image Image
    (Basic recolor of official sprite, or minimal editing of official sprites)
  • Please create an entirely new sprite for the competition. If you made a character you think really suits the theme, then you can still edit that sprite into a new one for the competition.
  • Both AA and AAI styled sprites are acceptable, except if the task specifies one or the other.
  • You get 2 weeks to vote after submissions close. This way people have time to look at the entries and vote.
  • Voting will be done after submissions have closed and, as CR has no polling system, all you need to do is post a comment saying your favorite.
  • You can vote for 2 of your favorite choices.
  • You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself.
  • You can use sprites/characters/poses from any RELEASED Ace Attorney game. Try to follow official Court-Records spoiler rules.
  • You can edit your sprite and resubmit it as many times before the cut off date (preferably by editing your original entry post). These can only be minor edits to your existing entry though like fixing some messiness, anatomy, or adding new poses. No brand new characters or 'second-chance' attempts that you've made. Have confidence in the first entry you make!

Spoiler: RULES FOR HOSTS

• Make sure you pick a topic that hasn't been done before (Unless it's been over a year since it's been done)
  • Make sure you COPY the rules into your posts to notify everyone!
  • Name your topic as "CR Spriting Competition! - Insert genre/topic here"
  • You have creative freedom with selecting topics, provided the entries are in the AA style of sprites. Ideas like a 2 person team collab, or situations like "Twins" where 2 characters are in the 1 sprite are also allowed as potential topics.
  • For clarity's sake, make a quick sprite as an example of what you're expecting from contestants, and post it in the OP)
  • YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF COLLECTING VOTES! Unfortunately, CR doesn't have a polling system, and so votes will have to be through individual comments (to prevent people voting multiple times, we will stick to posting alone)
  • Once the voting is closed, it is up to you announce the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), and the winner.
  • You can take as long as you want to start up the next competition thread. If you don't want to be the one running it, you can let 2nd place be in charge.
  • You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
  • If 2-4 entries receive equal votes, announce those who tied, and hold a tie breaker voting between those. If 5+ and/or every entrant ties, the host can pick the winner.
  • If a tie breaker ends with another tie, all those tied win, and they decide the next host amongst themselves.

Last edited by Lind on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! - not quite humanTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Wow the spin on this one sounds amazing! Can't wait to see what folks turn out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Art Person

I have a great idea for this, but it's a spoiler from a recent game and I don't want to ruin it for potential players

What about creatures that may look like animals, but actually have human-level intelligence? For example (not related in any way to my idea), Krites from the Critters film series could communicate among themselves with a language, they were able to alter a spaceship's course and they were kept in a prison, not in a zoo, so one can assume they are a sapient species.

i feel pretty

SuperAj3 wrote:
I have a great idea for this, but it's a spoiler from a recent game and I don't want to ruin it for potential players

i wonder what game you could possibly be talking about

Darth Wiader wrote:
What about creatures that may look like animals, but actually have human-level intelligence? For example (not related in any way to my idea), Krites from the Critters film series could communicate among themselves with a language, they were able to alter a spaceship's course and they were kept in a prison, not in a zoo, so one can assume they are a sapient species.

This is fine. As long as it's intelligent life, it counts.

Art Person

I finished my entry! If this is too recent a spoiler, I still have time to make a 2nd entry, so just let me know!
Spoiler: Splatoon 2 DLC spoiler
Commander Tartar: A 12,000 year old AI in the form of a telephone that wants to blend everyone to make superior DNA due to its disgust of people enjoying fashion.

Dracarys!

I'm gonna be really ridiculously busy this next month, so I didn't have more time to make a more serious entry, but here we go:

Spoiler:
This creature is an immortal life-sucking vampire, having been around since the dawn of the ages. Despite living among humans for much of its life, there is speculation that it in fact originates from beyond the limits of our Earth, possibly from another planet. The monster is incapable of understanding or mimicking human emotion - a fact which becomes very apparent in interactions with it. This inability to properly interact with others led it to snap one year and go on a killing spree of unsolved murders throughout northern California, eventually coming to be known to the public as the Zodiac Killer. It never faced justice for its crimes. Will Phoenix be able to finally unravel these mysterious crimes and reveal the culprit? Only time will tell...

Art Person

Ropfa wrote:
I'm gonna be really ridiculously busy this next month, so I didn't have more time to make a more serious entry, but here we go:

Spoiler:

I think you forgot to mention they also have an affinity towards cows made of butter

Happy Maria

Can we pin this topic now that the previous one is over?

i feel pretty

Southern Corn wrote:
Can we pin this topic now that the previous one is over?

bingle bongle dingle dangle lippity doo lippity da ping pong lippy tuppy too ta

bump

We all know our Judge has presided over various cases for many, many years... How many, you may ask. He looks exactly the same, be it 2012 or 2028. Does he even age? What is his real name? We want to look deeply in this matter... But what kind of madness from forgotten aeons might we discover along the way?

Spoiler:

i feel pretty

Darth Wiader wrote:

Spoiler:

Jthulhu

Dracarys!

Darth Wiader wrote:

Spoiler:

Well, I've found my vote.

i feel pretty

Just to let you know, guys, deadline is in a week. Is anyone still working on anything?

I'm planning to, does it count? XD In all seriousness tho, I'm going to submit something.

Here's my entry! :pearl: About time.
My character, Laktika. Not so different from humans. =_= Her race is a mix of human and feline DNA, but the former is much, much more apparent.
The green circle is a shoddy attempt at making a hologram. She's a weather girl, and I thought it'd be a good idea for her to have a holographic projection of the planet for forecasts. It expands, of course. XD The projector's in the ring.
She looks down on the human race. XD

So, when does the voting start?

i feel pretty

Ṣ̟̩̲̗̖ͥͫ̒ͨ̍ͮ́̄ͧ̿̓̌ͩͨͨ̄ͪ̐̀̕͠͠͡Ợ̴̶͎̥̠̤̝͇͛̏ͤ̄͂͑̉̂ͮͬ̓̕͠ͅǑ͂̌̓̏̅̅ͩ̓̂͆̋́͛ͧ͐ͯ҉͟͝͠҉̦͉̲ͅN̨͖̤̗͕͗̈̅̉ͫ̑̕͞͠͡

Happy Maria

...Uh, bump? It's been over a month since the voting should have started.

i feel pretty

Oh, crap.

So I had to move back in with my parents unexpectedly and I've been so busy as a result that I forgot about this completely.

Vote for one entry each by posting one of the following pieces of evidence.

ImageImageImageImage

Also can someone pin this damn thing already
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! - not quite human [VOTTopic%20Title

Art Person

Happy Maria

I struggled between #1 an #4 but eventually chose...

Peace and Love!

i feel pretty

I just realised I forgot to set a deadline for voting.

Let's say, uhh... a week from now? So the 21st.

Well, it's two months after the deadline, guys...

Art Person

I had forgotten about this

Someone has to notify Lind about this :mattphone:.

i feel pretty

oh crap
R̦̱͟Ḙ̬̝͓͝S͍̩ͅU̹̞̤̞̪͇̩L̶͓̤̖̜̼͔T̤̳̭̻͈S̷̲̬̥͍̥̼̭

Spoiler: 4th Place (0 Votes)
Ropfa - Cred Tuz

Spoiler: 3st/2rd Place (TIE, 1 Vote)
SuperAj3 - Commander Ta-ta for now/Ann-na - a catgirl is fine too
ImageImage

Spoiler: (REDACTED) Place (3 votes)
DarthWiader - J'thulu Fhtagn

at least i posted the results faster than the thread got stickied

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! - not quite human [WINTopic%20Title

Thank you for your votes! I hope the next comp will be successful!

Happy Maria

Congrats, Darth!

Art Person

Congrats Darth! :basil:
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites