Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Epilogue)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Welcome to Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride! This forum game is being run by Doctor Nanjo and myself, with Lone assisting with the artwork. Only those who have received a personal QuickTopic or Discord Group with us may post.

This post will be updated as the game progresses, so be sure to check back frequently!

Participants:

Boys:
TheLetterF as Florian Sunhilde, the Ultimate Butler
Cesar Zero as Raul Deño, the Ultimate Revolutionary
DootDootDoot as Boetius Brennan, the Ultimate Jester
lcarus as Oscar Lewis, the Ultimate Rising Star
Collin1002 as Bryan Suarez, the Ultimate Parkourist
CaptainPancakes as Koichi Tachibana, the Ultimate Cadet
JesusMonroe as Jack Marlowe, the Jack of All Trades
Southern Corn as James Clement, the Ultimate Director

Girls:
Kachu as Rinea Fletcher, the Ultimate Doctor
Datamatt as Irene Karanda, the Ultimate Queen
KamiPanda as Keri Alessia Nabelle, the Ultimate Zombie
Franzise Deauxnim as Urumi Sawamatsu, the Ultimate Contortionist
Jirou as Mitzi Maureen, the Ultimate Emetologist
MechaQDogg as Abby Young, the Ultimate Nuclear Engineer
Salem as Alexandria Walker, the Ultimate Journalist
Vinny_Valens as Circe Valentia, the Ultimate Romance Novelist

Others:
Lone as Jerry Hagendaz, the Ultimate Ice Cream Taster
SiRReN as V.A.L. (Verified Artificial Life)

Spoiler: The Rules
Only the first two bullets here are strict rules; the rest are just “suggestions.” For most of these, you won’t receive any consequences for not following them beyond a stern talking to and intense hatred from basically everyone (though you might end up getting murdered).

1. Try to remain active.
This one should be fairly obvious. Protip: if your character can be replaced with a cardboard cutout of Jerry Seinfeld without having any adverse impact on the plot, you really need to rethink your life choices.

2. PLEASE try to remain active during trials.
We’re emphasizing this because being active during trials is far more important than being active in Daily Life. Sorry, but we don’t care how amazing that game of Cluedo you played in Chapter 3 was; if you ain’t active in the trials, you’re eligible for DEATH.
If you are going to be inactive soon for whatever reason and have a legitimate excuse for it, please contact us so we can work it out. Remember, “These trials are so haaaard guys!” is not a legitimate excuse. What matters is the effort you put in. One can make dozens of posts in a trial and still be wrong about absolutely everything (I should know; I’ve done this several times).

3. Use your got-dang FTEs.
Using your FTEs isn’t mandatory, but it’s a very good idea. Remember, no one likes an edgy loner. If the other characters have no reason to like (or even hate) your character, then neither will the viewers, and then no matter what you do, no one will care. If we imagine that performing well in these games is like running a marathon, then refusing to use FTEs is like shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun before the race begins.

4. Don’t SUCK (literally).
This one’s also fairly clear. No 18+ material when like half the cast probably won’t be over 18.

5. Don’t SUCK (figuratively).
Obviously this is a rather broad and somewhat subjective rule, but please just use common sense. I doubt this is going to be a problem, but I’m just establishing a precedent.

6. We reserve the right to kick you out for any reason.
This would only really happen in cases of extreme SUCKness during sign-ups, and at that point I don’t think anyone would question our decision, but again, we’re just establishing a precedent.

7. No godmodding.
That’s our job.
If the other person’s okay with it, you can do it. But be warned, if you have to godmod to accomplish whatever lofty goal you have, you may be bordering on SUCK.
(godmodding just means saying or implying what other characters are doing aside from your own, when the player of the other character has not already said that was what they were doing)

8. Try to think about what’s best for the overall game.
Maybe you don’t want to see your poor baby shuffle off this mortal coil, but consider the possibility that your character may be able to leave more of a positive impact on the game as a victim or murderer than a survivor.
This rule also applies to Daily Life. A wise man once said, “Roleplaying is basically like improv, and the worst thing you can do in improv is say no.”

9. Be flexible regarding your character’s role in the game.
Remember, we can’t all be Ch5 killer. While we encourage people to have plans for their characters, don’t get too attached to one particular ending, because there’s a good chance it won’t happen. We do want everyone to be satisfied with how they go out though, so if you have new ideas as the game continues, be sure to send them our way.

Spoiler: Current Participants
Boys:
TheLetterF as Florian Sunhilde, the Ultimate Talent Thief
Cesar Zero as Raul Deño, the Ultimate Revolutionary
DootDootDoot as Boetius Brennan, the Ultimate Jester
lcarus as Oscar Lewis, the Ultimate Rising Star
Collin1002 as Bryan Suarez, the Ultimate Parkourist
CaptainPancakes as Koichi Tachibana, the Ultimate Cadet
JesusMonroe as Jack Marlowe, the Jack of All Trades
Southern Corn as James Clement, the Ultimate Director

Girls:
Kachu as Rinea Fletcher, the Ultimate Doctor
Datamatt as Irene Karanda, the Ultimate Facade
KamiPanda as Keri Alessia Nabelle, the Ultimate Zombie
Franzise Deauxnim as Urumi Sawamatsu, the Ultimate Contortionist
Jirou as Mitzi Maureen, the Ultimate Emetologist
MechaQDogg as Abby Young, the Ultimate Nuclear Engineer
Salem as Alexandria Walker, the Ultimate Journalist
Vinny_Valens as Circe Valentia, the Ultimate Romance Novelist

Others:
Lone as Jerry Hagendaz, the Ultimate Ice Cream Taster
SiRReN as V.A.L. (Verified Artificial Life)

Spoiler: Table of Contents

Spoiler: Killing Game Rules
1. Passengers may not stray more than 200 feet away from the ship.
2. Throwing trash (greater than 10 grams) outside of the 200 foot boundary is prohibited.
3. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore this place at your discretion.
4. Any passenger who kills a fellow passenger will “disembark”, unless they are discovered in the class trial.
5. When the dead body of a passenger is discovered by three people, it will be announced to all participants that a murder has occurred.
6. A class trial begins shortly after a body discovery. All living students must attend.
7. If the culprit is discovered, they alone will be executed.
8. If the culprit isn’t discovered, someone else will be executed.
9. No passenger may leave until the most recent class trial has been completed.
10. Violations of any rule will result in the transgressor’s bracelet detonating small bombs in their body, killing him or her horribly.
11. Additional rules may be added if necessary.
12. Any comments or questions should be directed to the Sky Vista Cruises help line.
13. If at any point, only three passengers remain alive, all remaining passengers will disembark from Sky Vista Cruises immediately.
14. Violence against Otto is prohibited. Vandalism of the blimp is prohibited. Vandalism against your bracelet is prohibited.

Spoiler: Maps

Spoiler: Trial Resources for You and Your Friends

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 60 times in total.
Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Prologue)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Spoiler: Prologue
“Welcome one and all to the twentieth annual summit of The Ultimate Junior Talent Society!”

The remark is followed by a brief round of applause. The young man on the stage smiles at the positive reception. Despite his formal attire and neatly-combed hair, it seems that he is just as excited about the ceremony as everyone else.

“Thank you, thank you!” The man continues cheerfully. “Now, before we introduce this year’s inductees, I’d like to honor this momentous milestone by briefly reflecting on how far this society has come!”

He clears his throat and continues, “The original sixteen members of the Ultimate Junior Talent Society were leaders in their distinctive fields. They envisioned a group which would be able to push the world further in every aspect by holding one another to a standard of excellence. Today, all two hundred of our current members have done an incredible amount of work for the benefit of all.”

“The numbers speak for themselves. This year we clocked in over ten thousand hours, and our running total has at last surpassed one hundred thousand!”

He holds for applause. A couple of enthusiastic cheers can be heard as a chorus of polite applause fills the room.

“Additionally, for the first time, the projects of our members actually superseded the projects of our senior organization in number.”

Again, as he takes his pause, clapping can be heard. He takes the opportunity to clap along with them.

“Hopefully, throughout the day, we will all be able to learn new things from one another as we participate in group discussions and presentations. Here to make the-”

BAM!

The ground shakes, and the man on the stage stumbles forward, some of the hairs he’s combed so thoroughly shaking loose. Screams begin to erupt from the crowd, and the groan of steel begins to ring throughout the room.

“E- Earthquake! ...Everyone stay calm! This facility should have the capability to-”

BAM!

Suddenly, the image gives way to a steady stream of static.

A figure stands in a dark room, silhouetted against a wall of TV screens, all displaying the same static. They press a few buttons, causing sixteen of the screens to briefly flash, new images appearing on the monitors.

Sixteen individuals, one on each screen. Each appears to be seated in a fancy concert hall. The expressions on each face are different: some interested, some stoic, some bored, but soon each one turns to fear and horror as the images shake violently.

The figure presses a button and each screen changes to an image of the same person, but with their head down at a table, seemingly asleep. Each one has a rather bulky bracelet on their wrist.

“...Excuse me, I must apologize for any inconvenience, but when exactly should I be ready with my line? I might have misplaced my memo? I can’t seem to find it in your fax to me.” A scratchy voice rings out, seemingly from over an intercom.

The silhouette shakes their head disapprovingly, approaches an intercom in the room, and replies.

“Be patient. I still need a moment. Any minute now, I’ll let you know.”

The room fills once again with an apprehensive silence. The figure lets out a sigh. “Alright… Here we go.”

Click

“…Good morning, everyone! It is now 10 A.M. Today, Sky Vista Cruises welcomes the Ultimate Junior Talent Society to day one of their stay with us! We are currently en route to our first stop and should be arriving late this afternoon. Until then, please enjoy the many luxuries our beautiful airship has to offer. As always, if you have questions or concerns, please phone the help desk. Sky Vista Cruises values your feedback and hopes that your experience is both fun and safe!”

Click

“Uuurghh…” Slowly, you awake from your sleep. Around you, several other groggy-eyed people seem to be lifting their heads. The room around you looks like some sort of dining car. There are four large, round tables placed around the room, each topped with a bright yellow sheet and an assortment of food. A strange-looking machine rests in the corner of the room, but in your current state you can’t quite make out what it is.

“What? What’s going on?” A loud voice wakes everyone from their stupor, and people begin to focus on their surroundings. You notice a rather bulky metal bracelet on your wrist, which, despite its apparent immovability, doesn’t feel too uncomfortable or restricting. Looking around, you can see everyone else has one as well.

A new voice asks the question that’s already on everyone’s mind. “Wh… Where the hell are we?!”

The intercom turns on once again with a click.

“Again, if you have questions or concerns, please phone the help desk. Later on, you will be directed to your sleeping quarters for the coming voyage. Until then, feel free to enjoy the complimentary brunch we have provided and get to know some of your fellow passengers. You’ll all be spending plenty of time together in the future, so best get friendly!”

The intercom clicks off, leaving the room in an uneasy silence. And yet, the warm glow cast through the windows by the sunlight helps to soothe some of the passengers worries. Indeed, perhaps it was as good a time as any to get to know each other…

(Please take this time to introduce your character, limiting yourself to a single post-- once one of us confirms that the introductory phase has ended, you’ll be permitted to post freely.)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

A short, blonde boy dressed in a fairly sophisticated yellow attire with black gloves and trousers lifts himself up off the ground and dusts himself off before turning to the others.

"Wait...are all of you Ultimates then..?" He asks in awe. "That's so cool!" The boy exclaims with a beaming smile, momentarily unaware of his strange situation.

"My name is Florian Sunhilde, and I'm the Ultimate Butler! If you need anything, just let me know and I'll do it right away!" He says, before making a small bowing gesture.

"Wow...a room full of Ultimates...!" Florian mutters excitedly before suddenly being reminded of his mysterious situation. "Oh, right, what on Earth are we doing here, anyways?"

[Everyone is actually seated at the tables when they wake up. They are not on the floor.]

[This has been an official gm announcement, thank you.]

"Ugh...what's going on? Have I been captured?!" A deep voice shouts from somewhere in the room.

The voice comes from a somewhat tall, well-built man wearing a military uniform, with a voluminous beard covering his face. While he is clearly older than most of the others in the room, his worn down face makes him look much older than he is.

He sits up from his chair, and looks around at the others.

"Wait...no, these people clearly aren't with them. They must all be victims too..." He clears his throat, and starts looking much more confident, forgetting his earlier panic.

"I suppose we must introduce ourselves first of all. My name is Raul Deño. You have probably heard of me before, or at least of what I've done for my homeland. I'm known as the Ultimate Revolutionary. I am not sure what is going on right now, but rest assured you can feel safe with me here! Now, state your names so we can plan for our next steps!" He says rather loudly, almost like a speech, before waiting for the next person to introduce themselves.
Signature loading, please wait...

Sock

Suddenly, a young looking girl runs up into the middle of the group, with a wide smile on her face.

"Heehee, this is exciting!" She shouts, flailing her arms around. She's dressed in a coat that seems to be three sizes too big, and the sleeves flap around everywhere, her bright pink hair swaying with her movements.

"Wait, is everyone taking a nap? Awww... No fun.." As quick as she came in, she begins to walk away from the center and towards one of the chairs with a student still resting. She begins to poke them rapidly for a few moments before turning back to the conscious students. Suddenly, her green eyes open wide.

"Oh yeah!" she exclaims. "I'm Rinea Fletcher! I'm the best doctor in the world, obviously!"

Rinea Fletcher: Ultimate Doctor

She makes her way back to the seat she woke up in, swaying her legs rapidly, eagerly waiting for more people to wake up.

The sound of small bells jingling sounds through the room as one captive lifts their head from the table.
"What the hell..." his voice is identifiable as male, although very slightly muffled, but the man himself is covered head to toe in a red patched up jester costume with a white mask that hide any other features from view.
He reaches behind himself to touch the lute slung over his shoulder, and then relaxes as he confirms it's still there. He slumps his shoulders and slouches forward in the chair.
"Well, if I have to introduce myself, I am Boetius Brennan, the Ultimate Jester." he spreads his arms wide and slouches forward even further, in what seems to be an attempt at dramatically bowing while not having to get up.
He quickly relaxes again and places an elbow on the table to hold his head up.
"Just call me Bren, though." the friendly tone of his voice clashes with the unchanging cold look of the mask.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Quite unfortunate," A soft female voice says from one of the tables.

The same female stands up from a chair, checking over their almost floor-length blue regal dress. They gently dust themselves a few times before turning to the people currently awake.

She looks of average height, with a delicate, unblemished visage. Their hair is a perfectly flowy golden blonde and reaches down to their waist. Their presumably immeasurably expensive regal blue dress, adorned with several lines of faux white flowers at their waist, wrists and chest. On their head lies a silver crown, with a golden amulet tied around their forehead. Another gold amulet, presumably the same, adorns their neck. They straighten themselves, with their expression being a perfect, genuine smile.

"I suppose it is my turn then. It is possible some may already know me. In case you do not, I am Irene Karanda, the Ultimate Queen. It is certainly a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

[put something witty here]

“Knocking us out, dropping us off in an unknown location, causing an earthquake...
Was the earthquake their fault? I'll assume it is until anyone proves otherwise…”

The direction-less babbling comes from a black haired, tall and broad shouldered young man making a show of smoothing out every crease in his outfit. A neat white dress shirt and red tie, blue pants, all topped off with an extraordinarily flashy, almost shimmering blue jacket adorned with gold tassels at the shoulders.

It's only after he's done primping himself that he addresses the rest of the group with a slight flush.

“...oh! Names, I have one of those! Ahem, one moment, friends. What poor manners...” The young man stands up and bows with a flourish, gray eyes sweeping across the group. It's not until he's sure all the eyes that care are upon him before he speaks again.

“I am Oscar Lewis! The one and only, Ultimate Rising Star!” his voice booms confidently. “Don’t worry if you haven't heard the name before. Rising star, y’know? And while I'd love to keep going on about me, I think I'll save that for later. After the rest of you speak up and, well, we figure out what this is all about."

Shy guy

Even amidst all the flamboyant introductions, one girl's focus remained elsewhere. "How very strange..." She murmured, staring at her bracelet. She didn't seem perturbed by the situation, and neither did she pay much mind to the others around her. Instead her attention seemed focused wholly on the bracelet, which she studied with a quiet fascination. "What purpose could this have? A security measure perhaps? Is that what you are?" She seemed to be addressing the bracelet itself, which she stroked in contemplation. Her appearance suitably matched her unusual demeanour - she was dressed in a lightly patterned black robe, and her hair and skin were unnaturally pale. Her eyes, a bright yellow, stood out strongly against her otherwise monochrome features - even her fingernails were painted black.

Finally turning her attention away, she scanned the other people in the room and smiled serenely, standing up to greet them. "So you all must be the Ultimates this voyage was prepared for. Excelling in your chosen fields, truly the future leaders and visionaries of the world. It is a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances. I am Keri Alessia Nabelle, the Ultimate Environmentalist."

"I am hopeful we can become friends. With our collective influence, we can do so much for the world! This is an opportunity that cannot be wasted, even if it should come from a portent of environmental disaster such as this. Did you know that the blimp chosen for this cruise is powered by three massive, wasteful diesel engines, and the materials for its construction were acquired through decidedly unregulated sources? I have researched the matter thoroughly, I can elaborate further should anyone be interested. However, please do not be alarmed, for good can come of this yet. We are Ultimates, and the future is in our hands." She smiled again, much more brightly this time, before retaking her seat.

fella

After attempting--and failing, much to his dismay--to remove the bracelet from his wrist, a sigh of slight annoyance can be heard from a young man seated at one of the tables. "Damn... Ah well."

However, after this, he looks up and flashes a friendly grin at the rest of the group. His skin is slightly tanned, with deep brown eyes and a head of slightly messy dark brown hair to round it out. He looks rather young as well; seventeen at the youngest, if one was to guess. While sitting down, he examines the various students around him, still smiling. Noticing a silence, he takes this opportunity to introduce himself.

"Welp, guess I'll go next!" He clears his throat and stands from his seat before speaking again, revealing his clothing. What he is wearing is rather simple--a black sleeveless shirt adorning his torso, with a pair of blue jeans as well. "The name's Bryan Suarez, and I'm the Ultimate Parkourist! Nice to meet all of you guys!" His voice has a very slight Hispanic accent to it, though it isn't very noticable.

"Though I wonder how we even got here in the first place. And what these bracelets are. Hmm... Pretty weird, heh."

With all of that said, he sits back down. "Eh, we'll figure it out!" He then quiets down, watching in anticipation for the next person to announce who they are, and what their
ultimate talent is.

Last edited by Collin1002 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Wow, really? You're all just going along with this?"

The somewhat high-pitched voice came from a lissome-looking teenage girl who was currently standing and staring grumpily at the bracelet on her wrist. She had big brown eyes, shoulder-length blonde hair with teal tips, and seemed to be of about average height for her age upon first glance, but that was due to the black platform sandals she wore elevating her an extra six inches from the floor. She also had a white sleeveless button-up shirt and blue capris on. "Well, I'll pass, thanks," she scoffed. "I was told this would be a nice cruise. This isn't what I signed up for at all; nobody said anything about having a bracelet stuck on me in my sleep or being forced to make friends with a bunch of random dweebs."

She left her table and started stomping off towards the phone, grumbling to herself. "They value our feedback, huh? I'll give them feedback, alright..."

Last edited by Franzise Deauxnim on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A clean, young boy stood confidently against a wall, picking at the bracelet on his wrist. He looked around cautiously, studying the other eccentric guests that appeared to be in the same situation he was. After studying the room a bit more, he shrugged, and took out a small unloaded pistol, banging it against the wall. He made sure to make a lot of noise -- it was imperative that his soon-to-be allies heard his introduction.

"Attention!"

He stood tall and straight, saluting promptly. His brown hair seemed to shine against the glimmer of the bracelet -- an extremely royal appearance. (At least, that's what he felt he looked like.) While he saluted with his right hand, his left was rested by his heart in a closed fist, grasping his golden badge that he loved so dearly. His bulletproof vest was wrapped tightly yet comfortably around his person, and his unique white-and-blue uniform prevented anyone from seeing him in the nude.

"Good morning! It appears that we are all stuck in a similar situation!" He glanced at his bracelet, and back at the others. "Is this the result of an attack? The result of someone's mission..? Regardless, we must all get to know each other! Prepare yourselves for a mission of our own! A mission of introduction!"

He took his left hand and pointed at his golden badge, which he thought shone so brightly, that anyone staring directly at it would be blinded by its glorious shimmer. "This is a badge! What is this a badge of? A representation of who I am. And who am I? I am Koichi Tachibana, the Ultimate Cadet!" He stomped on the ground twice before continuing. "I am a soldier! A protector of people! You will all be safe under my command! I train under General Tachibana, here to pursue my life and future to the greatest! Now, as tradition goes, let us proceed! Continue with your introductions as you so please."

Looking extremely proud of himself for such a grand introduction, he got off of his soapbox and proceeded to let the others speak.

A boy had been vaguely listening during everybody’s introductions. He tried to remember every name and face but just gave up at a certain point and mostly began to space out.

He wore pretty casual and wrinkled clothes, not seeming to care much for his appearance. A slight goofy smile sat on his face and his bloodshot eyes, probably from exhaustion, lit up when he heard people mention their ‘Ultimate’ talents.

At some point he noticed people were staring at him, expecting him to introduce himself. “Oh. ‘Sup!”

Jack Marlowe
Jack of All Trades

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Equipped with Game

The small white haired girl staggers up from her chair, an IV that was hooked up to her being dragged closer to her. She appeared very small and frail, her young, pale appearance not helping her image. "I'll keep it simple. I'm Mitzi Maureen, an emetologist..ultimate one I guess? Trivial detail but, whatever...I study the process of emesis...meaning..." Her jarring cold voice seems off with her shrinking frame as her knees buckle a bit, looking as she was going to cough. " I study the process of vomiting, doesn't mean I want to see it near me so if you're not feeling well take it far from me...I'm not looking to die any sooner." She scrunched her face, continuing to look more to the ground as if mere eye contact could hurt her but still tried to give an impression of confidence, "minimal questions too I get enough of them. That's all."

Happy Maria

"Yes, yes, quite good! Keep going, this is high quality footage."

The voice was coming from a man in his mid-20s holding up a camera. On first sight, he appeared quite dignified. He was wearing a clean white full shirt with a ruffle down the front as well as some trousers. His brown hair was neatly combed and trimmed. His face was the youngest looking part of him; almost like one of a child. Compared to the rest of the class, he appeared quite normal-looking. Yet...that camera. Had he been recording their introductions? And for how long? He certainly didn't appear as distressed as some others were.

After realising that nobody was speaking anymore, he frowned and kept away his camera. "Well, that could have gone better. You lot shouldn't have stage fright at a time like this! Your performances were splendid, really, that too impromptu. You all would perhaps make better actors than the chimps at the studio, I daresay. So eager to let everyone know about who you are and what you do despite the...circumstances", he said, beckoning to his bracelet. "Well, anyway, I suppose I should at the very least introduce myself." He nodded cheerily before bowing gracefully and started.

"Let me tell you a tale of a boy, whom since childhood has had a passion for film-making. He followed his wonderful dream all the way from there school to college, making several heavily polished student films in the process. His first movie he ever worked on was Triple Indemnity, a homage to the great noire classics of the 1900s. You all are familiar with those, yes?", he asked the others, giving them a warm smile. "Well, it happened to also be his career maker, garnering him prise, fame and luxury, also helping him to direct 2 other cinematic works of art- both of which also were box office toppers. Of course, the UTJS recognised talent when they saw it, and invited him for this wonderful, all expenses-paid worldwide air cruise!" It seems that he couldn't suppress his excitement on the subject.

"Anyway, this exposition must be boring you. Forgive me for that; I do so hate it when other films overload you with information like that so...unnecessarily. I shall get straight to the point- that boy is me. You all may call me James- James Clement. If it wasn't made obvious with the camera- which, by the way, is my very own- I am the Ultimate Director. I'm oh so honoured to make all your noble acquaintances. Hopefully we'll get along and all...though I'd like to also question what this is about", he said, pointing to his bracelet again. "The UTJS certainly didn't mention anything about these in their invite... Anyway, you all may carry on with your introductions", James abruptly said before reaching for his camera again. "This is bound to be good material." He grinned, switching it on.

James Clement
Ultimate Director

A girl with very short hair, barely more than brown stubble, stood up and walked to a nearby window. She ran her lithe fingers along the red velvet curtains, pausing a moment to play with the faux-gold weave tassels before letting them hang. She straightened her simple dingy red-brown skirt, which hung down to her thighs, revealing oil-stained jeans that extended to her ankles.

After gathering her thoughts, she addressed her fellow students. "M-m-my n-n-n..." she stuttered. Far from fear, she seemed embarrassed and annoyed. Her fingers pinched a single turquoise earring on her left earlobe in frustration.

"Abby Young. Ultimate Nuclear Engineer." she said with a curt bow. "N-nice to meet you all. Well, as nice as can be, circumstances b-b-being what th-they are."

She turned back toward the curtain she'd been fondling moments earlier. "I... s-suppose I do have a certain weakness for the decoration. It's how imagine the inside of the T-T-Ti-Ti..." she shook her head, again in frustration. "...a grand cruise ship would be."

A young woman dressed in a gray jacket and a skirt stood up from her chair, and looked around at the others. She adjusted the flower, that was resting in her long, black hair before speaking. "Howdy everyone!" She spoke with a rather thick Southern accent. "The name's Alexandria Walker and I'm the Ultimate Journalist! The rest of y'all are Ultimates too, so I hope I'll be able to get in an interview with all of you at least once! I'll be able to write up a great article if I do! Oh there's one more thing, before I forget! Please call me Alex! Alexandria is too formal." After finishing her speech, she smiled, and sat back down at her chair.

A robbed figure sunk into its chair, sighing in a bored tone. "Who would dare separate me from my study subjects..."

Then it suddenly sprang from its seat. "But it is of no matter! I, I am the ultimate romance novelist, the maiden of love and rearer of romance, Circe Valentia! I shall find new specimens in this situation. Sixteen strangers, each with their hopes and dreams, I couldn't ask for better!"

As she rubbed her hands, it was clear from the opening of her hood that she had violet eyes and blue hair.

A really fat man rose from his chair.

"My oh my," he said. "I do not remember being here before."

He observed all his fellow ultimates around him.

"Oh I see, you all are ultimates here hm? It's a pleasure to meet you, I hope to get to know each and every one of you. My name is Jerry Hagendaz. I'm the Ultimate Ice Cream Taster.

Jerry had on khaki pants and a green hoodie. His ginger hair was only just visible under his knit hat. He looked quite a bit older than some of the students. His eyes had a gentle warmth to them, even if they looked like they had seen things no one should ever have to.

Jerry gave one last bow to his classmates and sat back down.

Last edited by Lone on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(PB and Nanjo instructed me to tell you guys that you may freely post now)

Happy Maria

(...Wow. Just wow.)

James switched off his camera and put it back in his pocket, seemingly satisfied with the footage he had acquired.

"Well, I suppose that's...almost all of us", he said, eyeing the student who hadn't spoken up yet. "So we have quite an interesting cast here. From a Nuclear Engineer to a Revolutionary to a Queen, it seems I am in...mostly prestigious company today", he chuckled to himself. "Still, some of you have...aroused my curiosity, to say the least. For one, what would a "Jack of All Trades" be doing here?", he questioned Marlowe despite the fact that he technically hadn't explicitly stated his name or talent yet. "I could also ask the same for an 'Ice-Cream Taster', a Jester and someone who hasn't said a word about themselves yet?" The last statement was directed towards the mysterious teenage girl who had also not given her name or talent explicitly but also hadn't given it implicitly.

"Still, I believe we should start to look around here. This seems to be quite the luxurious airship. Perhaps we can find out more about these mysterious bracelets and- ah!" James suddenly jumped. "Oh, I almost forgot!" He ran up to Alex, trembling with excitement. "You're the journalist, correct? Excellent!", he cried without letting her speak. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have a private interview with you for a movie I'm working on. It would help with the publicity and all. I assume you are familiar with conducting an interview, of course." He gave her a warm smile before leaving her be to take a look around the place they were all captive in.

“I would like to know as well my friend. Why are any of us here in fact? The junior talent society scouted me after I broke the guiness world record for most ice cream tasted in a minute. Yes, it was but my greatest endeaver, and all those years of practice paid off. All of you are so young and talented. I am certain you must all have gone to great trouble to get to where you are today.”

Florian giddily clasps his hands together before beaming once again. "Who cares about the bracelets, isn't this exciting?! I've served Ultimates before, but I've never been around this many all at once!" He says, eyeing eryone around him in amazement. "Besides, this is all probably just some weird UJTS ritual, I wouldn't worry too much about it.."

The Ultimate Butler then scuttles over to Irene before bowing to her. "You're the Ultimate Queen, right? Then please allow me to be your most humble-est servant ever!"

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
“I would like to know as well my friend. Why are any of us here in fact? The junior talent society scouted me after I broke the guiness world record for most ice cream tasted in a minute. Yes, it was but my greatest endeaver, and all those years of practice paid off. All of you are so young and talented. I am certain you must all have gone to great trouble to get to where you are today.”

After momentarily giving Jerry a scornful look, James shook his head bemusedly. "You really don't know? The UJTS has scheduled a quite marvellous, no expenses paid worldwide cruise through air for us. Now, we all received an invite for this lovely cruise and accepted. Well, I did, anyway."

He eyed the Ice-Cream Taster again, still a little surprised. "Though I am quite surprised that someone...like you is here. Didn't you get the invite too?"

Looking at Florian's sudden enthusiasm towards Queen Irene, James raised his eyebrow. "Aren't you a butler? I thought that meant you have a master of your own. You seem...quite eager to switch now."

TheLetterF wrote:
The Ultimate Butler then scuttles over to Irene before bowing to her. "You're the Ultimate Queen, right? Then please allow me to be your most humble-est servant ever!"

Irene laughs, dismissively shaking her hands. "It is not needed to bow, this is not my kingdom at all. It would feel odd to have people bowing to me in such circumstances. But if that is what you wish, then I can do little to stop you. Would your current master not mind, however?"

Shy guy

"I, too, believe this all to simply be part of the UJTS experience." Keri said dreamily, staring once again at the bracelet. "Though we have a phone with which we can inquire, do we not? I would quite like to ask the meaning behind these devices on our wrists." Standing up, she headed after the as-yet unnamed girl towards the telephone.

"Still... a revolutionary, a queen, a director, a journalist... what influence you all must hold." She said, unclear as to who, if anyone, she was addressing. "I was right to come here. I truly believe we can make a difference."

Florian turns to James. "Hm? Oh no, I don't only have one master, I've served many different people before, and I'll still serve everyone else here as well, but...Queen Irene is the first ever queen I've ever met, so of course I have to be extra polite with her!"

He then turns to Irene and shakes his head. "I usually serve the residents and clients at a place called the Delta Manor, but I was instructed to serve Ultimates wherever I go, so it should be fine." The butler says with an amicable grin.

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
"I, too, believe this all to simply be part of the UJTS experience." Keri said dreamily, staring once again at the bracelet. "Though we have a phone with which we can inquire, do we not? I would quite like to ask the meaning behind these devices on our wrists." Standing up, she headed after the as-yet unnamed girl towards the telephone.

"Still... a revolutionary, a queen, a director, a journalist... what influence you all must hold." She said, unclear as to who, if anyone, she was addressing. "I was right to come here. I truly believe we can make a difference."

James nodded proudly. "Indeed. I'm quite glad that someone understands the importance of one such as me." He paused, thinking for a bit. "Though, I'm afraid that environmental documentaries aren't exactly my style, you could say. At the very least, I could incorporate a message into one of my works involving the subject, but it has to be done quite subtly. A lot of movies revolving around this tend to be quite ham-handed about their message- no subtlety at all." He shook his head, dissatisfied. "As a filmmaker, you must make sure never to insult the audience's intelligence or talk down to them. It's an art which requires quite a lot of practice to get right. Not all of us can get it straight on the first try, after all." Somehow, James had entirely changed the subject from environmentalism to cinema without missing a beat. It did indeed seem he had quite the passion for directing.

TheLetterF wrote:
Florian turns to James. "Hm? Oh no, I don't only have one master, I've served many different people before, and I'll still serve everyone else here as well, but...Queen Irene is the first ever queen I've ever met, so of course I have to be extra polite with her!"

He then turns to Irene and shakes his head. "I usually serve the residents and clients at a place called the Delta Manor, but I was instructed to serve Ultimates wherever I go, so it should be fine." The butler says with an amicable grin.

James nodded. "Ah, I see. That's an…interesting job description, even if you don't quite look the part. Though if you serve other Ultimates…could you bring me so,e food from that table? I haven't eaten in quite a while, you see."

"Don't look the part..?" Florian frowns slightly. "I don't wear this snazzy outfit and bowtie for nothing!" He then dismisses the remark before nodding his head. "Okay, right away Mister Clement!"

Florian walks over to the table and places several items of food on a plate before returning to the Ultimate Director. "I've arranged a light balanced meal for you, including vitamin C.." He points to a sliced orange on the plate. "..Carbs, proteins.." He then indicates two neatly cut piece of bread as well as an assortment of nuts. "..Oh, and I added some yoghurt too, because it's both healthy and delicious!"

"Florian, my man. Do they have any ice cream there by any chance?" said the ice cream taster.

"I must keep my talent up to check you see."

TheLetterF wrote:

"Then it would be very much fine," Irene says. "If you wish to be my humblest servant and butler, then so be it. I cannot argue against it. Though that is a nice outfit, if not a bit out of place relative to the butlers I am used to seeing."

Happy Maria

TheLetterF wrote:
"Don't look the part..?" Florian frowns slightly. "I don't wear this snazzy outfit and bowtie for nothing!" He then dismisses the remark before nodding his head. "Okay, right away Mister Clement!"

Florian walks over to the table and places several items of food on a plate before returning to the Ultimate Director. "I've arranged a light balanced meal for you, including vitamin C.." He points to a sliced orange on the plate. "..Carbs, proteins.." He then indicates two neatly cut piece of bread as well as an assortment of nuts. "..Oh, and I added some yoghurt too, because it's both healthy and delicious!"

"Perhaps I had a certain image of a butler in mind", James admitted. "With a tray in hand and a monocle over one eye and all that. Like Her Highness said, your outfit is not quite the first thing that would come to one's mind." He nodded seeing Florian return with the plate…only to grimace in disdain as he described what he placed there. "I happen to be allergic to yogurt, actually. Would you replace the sections with yoghurt posthaste?"

Lone wrote:
"Florian, my man. Do they have any ice cream there by any chance?" said the ice cream taster.

"I must keep my talent up to check you see."

James gave Jerry a strange look. "Are you…quite sure you want to do such a thing?"

"Hm?" Hagendaz cocked his head. "I do not understand what you mean?"

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
"Hm?" Hagendaz cocked his head. "I do not understand what you mean?"

"What I'm saying is that someone of your…stature shouldn't exactly try to stuff themselves more", James explained a little irritably. "It isn't good for your health to constantly gorge yourself with desserts, quite frankly. Haven't you been suffering any health problems due to your diet?"

"Oh I understand, I'm fat and shouldn't eat anymore than I need to." Jerry took off his hat and bowed.

"Thank you very much for your concern. Alas, my talent is all I have. I must not lose my record to anyone. I must practice, and practice, until no one in the history of ever could ever taste as much ice cream as I."

Datamatt wrote:
TheLetterF wrote:

"Then it would be very much fine," Irene says. "If you wish to be my humblest servant and butler, then so be it. I cannot argue against it. Though that is a nice outfit, if not a bit out of place relative to the butlers I am used to seeing."

"Great!" Florian jumps up a little in excitement. "Oh, yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from...You see, the folks at the Delta Manor like to stand out and do things their own way, so they decided to design this weirdly bright yellow outfit specifically for me, since they thought it would suit me.."

"Anyways, can you tell me more about your kingdom and duties as a queen? I'm still really interested!"

Florian turns his attention back to James. "Oh, I'm so so sorry!" He quickly scuttles over to the food area before returning with a bowl of fruit salad. "How about this, Mister Clement?"

Shy guy

"This is most wonderful." Keri declared, looking around at how well some of the passengers were getting along already. She turned to address James directly. "Your title does you justice. Indeed, sometimes subtlety is needed to spread the truth. We must work behind the scenes, in darkness at times, but it is all for the most noble of causes! Even if it means performing a pantomime of support for an airship that, at its every breath, pollutes our dear planet with noxious fumes, we can fight, and we will fight!"

Hearing Florian speak, she then glanced at the Queen and awaited her response, interested in what she'd say.

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
"Oh I understand, I'm fat and shouldn't eat anymore than I need to." Jerry took off his hat and bowed.

"Thank you very much for your concern. Alas, my talent is all I have. I must not lose my record to anyone. I must practice, and practice, until no one in the history of ever could ever taste as much ice cream as I."

"And that's it?", James asked, more than a little shocked at the fact. "You have no hobbies, no other interests than simply stuffing yourself with ice cream? You shouldn't prioritise something so silly over your well being; your health is more important than this." He paused before asking,"How much ice cream did you eat in one minute anyway?"

TheLetterF wrote:
Florian turns his attention back to James. "Oh, I'm so so sorry!" He quickly scuttles over to the food area before returning with a bowl of fruit salad. "How about this, Mister Clement?"

"Ah, that's much better." James nodded before slowly and carefully eating his fruit salad, savouring the taste.

KamiPanda wrote:
"This is most wonderful." Keri declared, looking around at how well some of the passengers were getting along already. She turned to address James directly. "Your title does you justice. Indeed, sometimes subtlety is needed to spread the truth. We must work behind the scenes, in darkness at times, but it is all for the most noble of causes! Even if it means performing a pantomime of support for an airship that, at its every breath, pollutes our dear planet with noxious fumes, we can fight, and we will fight!"

Hearing Florian speak, she then glanced at the Queen and awaited her response, interested in what she'd say.

James beamed in joy and vaguely nodded in agreement to Keri before turning back to his plate. Clearly, the compliment she had given him was to his liking.

TheLetterF wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
TheLetterF wrote:

"Anyways, can you tell me more about your kingdom and duties as a queen? I'm still really interested!"

"Of course." Irene nods. "My duties as a Queen include representing my kingdom, administration of the kingdom and other miscellaneous duties. Often all the work I do is within my castle, while sometimes I travel to other states is to be a representative. It is quite the busy life, but it is a life I enjoy."

"My kingdom is, as you may have guessed, the kingdom of Karanda. It is a kingdom with a population of a few million, obviously a monarchy. It was founded by my parents' grandfathers, and I am the current ruler of the Kingdom. Our crime rates are some of the lowest in the world, and our economy is quite good. Of course, this was not only my doing but also my parents', who have done much as well. Is that all you wished to know?"
Page 1 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus