Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 94 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Trial)Topic%20Title

fella

"Well, at least you remember it now, I guess," Bryan sighed, though he looked rather suspicious of Raul. "Well, if you were knocked out, did you feel what the thing that knocked you out felt like?" he asked, turning towards the revolutionary. "Like, when I got knocked out back at the campsite, I felt the cold, metallic feeling for a second before falling unconscious."

Collin1002 wrote:
"Well, at least you remember it now, I guess," Bryan sighed, though he looked rather suspicious of Raul. "Well, if you were knocked out, did you feel what the thing that knocked you out felt like?" he asked, turning towards the revolutionary.

"It was something blunt, I guess? The hammer maybe." Raul said, ignoring Jack. "I don't think it could've been something like a gun at least, that probably would have felt more distinctly metallic." Raul elucidated.
Signature loading, please wait...

“Fine, go ahead and ignore me.” Jack scoffed. “I love the sound of my own voice anyway.” He looked at everyone else. “Well what do you guys think? I think this story stinks.”

"Objectively speaking, if something stinking is grounds for dismissing it then your alibi of being at the outhouse is no longer valid." Raul helpfully pointed out.

"...Wow!" Koichi said, completely mystified. "Then he wasn't at the outhouse..! I see..!"

“Oh wait!” Jack’s eyes widened. “Turns our I just remembered something. I went in the outhouse right after Raul and just happened to examine the feces inside. Wouldn’t you know it, there were bits of heart in there. Strange, eh? I wonder what that could mean?”

"I would advise whoever defecated before me and left it there watch their diet. I doubt whole chunks of what you ate being whole like that is a good sign." Raul said, sounding sincere.

"Uh, guys?" Urumi spoke up. "Kind of trying to solve a murder here. Could we quit with the stupid tangents for a couple minutes? Thanks."

She turned to face Raul again. "Okay, let's say we believe you were knocked out and someone else took the bullet out of you. That still doesn't explain why there were three real shots at the duel: the one that hit you, James, and the water tower. Only two of those could be real, so if you and James were both shot, that means the water tower wasn't. So do you have any idea why the ground under the tower was all wet?"

Shy guy

Keri sighed, trying to move on as well.

"Raul, you say you were knocked out and that someone must have brought you to the undertaker's. Yet, the door was locked or otherwise blocked, which is not possible from the outside. Therefore when it was locked, your attacker would have been in there with you. The only two without an alibi for this time are Oscar and VAL. But Oscar could not have shot James, he was at the duel. And I am not sure VAL would even be capable of doing all of that."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She turned to face Raul again. "Okay, let's say we believe you were knocked out and someone else took the bullet out of you. That still doesn't explain why there were three real shots at the duel: the one that hit you, James, and the water tower. Only two of those could be real, so if you and James were both shot, that means the water tower wasn't. So do you have any idea why the ground under the tower was all wet?"

"I...admittedly don't know how that could be explained yet. Perhaps something the killer, or someone else who is hiding something did caused the water to spill rather than a bullet?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Raul, you say you were knocked out and that someone must have brought you to the undertaker's. Yet, the door was locked or otherwise blocked, which is not possible from the outside. Therefore when it was locked, your attacker would have been in there with you. The only two without an alibi for this time are Oscar and VAL. But Oscar could not have shot James, he was at the duel. And I am not sure VAL would even be capable of doing all of that."

"That..." Raul seemed hesitant to say whatever he was going to say next. "That's assuming there are no accomplices involved in this case. After all, I think we have established that different people had access to the guns and to the bullets whether you think the killer was me or someone else, right?"

"Maybe the plan was to have James fire a real bullet during the duel and kill Bryan, but the killer actually reversed the blank and the bullet hit James from his own gun? I don't know, I'm just spitballing." Jack sighed.

"Are you trying to say there is an accomplice..?" Koichi asked Raul, raising an eyebrow.

Shy guy

"That would imply Oscar is an accomplice... unfortunately there is not anything that would clearly contradict that, even if it seems wrong," Keri said.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Maybe the plan was to have James fire a real bullet during the duel and kill Bryan, but the killer actually reversed the blank and the bullet hit James from his own gun? I don't know, I'm just spitballing." Jack sighed.

"That is impossible. The bullet simply would not fire if it was in there backwards."

"I don't want to actually claim anything without proof, but I do know that I was knocked out, and apparently Oscar and VAL were the only ones with the opportunity to take me into the undertaker and extract the bullet. If neither of them are were able to shoot James or extract the bullet, then that seems like the logical conclusion..." Raul said, with a solemn look on his face.

Shy guy

"Oh, that reminds me. We never did re-inventory VAL's bullets did we?" Keri said. "Not that I think VAL is suspicious, it is just something we should not overlook. It is best to be thorough."

"Well, if we can't prove or debunk this accomplice theory, we do still have a lifeline left, I guess..." Urumi pointed out.

fella

"It would explain the bloody instruments, too..." Bryan pointed out, looking at Raul. "The tweezers were to get the bullet out, knife to cut you open, hammer to knock you out and possibly break a few bones that could've been in the way, and maybe the mirror was to help them see or something. Not sure what else it would be used for. And they didn't have to worry about you dying because of your self-healing condition."

"Hold up," Urumi raised her hand. "One of those things is not like the others. I get the tweezers, knife, and hammer, but how would a mirror help a second person see better? Wouldn't they need a light for that?"

“They say a mirror is just a window into one’s soul. Perhaps that’s what the attacker was trying to extract from Raul.”

[put something witty here]

"Now wait just a moment, was it really suggested I set up a trap with the second gun?" Oscar blinks in surprise. "James never even bothered to fire his gun during the duel, so how exactly would this work? And none of this explains who I'd even be handing this bullet over to if a completely different gun killed him. Also assuming I was the one to take it in the first place."

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Hold up," Urumi raised her hand. "One of those things is not like the others. I get the tweezers, knife, and hammer, but how would a mirror help a second person see better? Wouldn't they need a light for that?"

"That is true. And also, they would need extra hands to hold everything properly," Keri pointed out, pointedly ignoring Jack. "Imagine one man crouched over Raul, tweezers in hand as he tries to extract a bullet. His gaze would be focused on the opening, where does a mirror factor into that? He can not hold it anywhere that would help, without holding his arm out very awkwardly while still trying to do some precision work with the tweezers. It just does not make sense."

fella

"Yeah, it definitely doesn't make sense, but I'm not sure what else the mirror would be used for," Bryan remarked, scratching behind his head. "Well, it wasn't bloody, so it wasn't near him, and maybe it wasn't used in extracting the bullet at all. It was used for something else, but was disposed with the other instruments."

Shy guy

"It could still have been used by Raul himself," Keri reasserted. "With it he could operate on himself, by getting a view into his own chest via the reflection in the mirror."

“That’s all fine and dandy but that’s what we theorized before, and Raul just denied it. So we either need to really pursue the idea that Raul is lying or consider something else.”

Shy guy

"Well, has no-one anything to add to Urumi's contradiction?" Keri asked. "Koichi's bullet likely ended up in the water tower, and a bullet ended up in James. How, then, was Raul also shot? There were only two possible bullets and both are accounted for. Jack, you suggested that Raul simply injured himself in some other way, with broken glass perhaps, but then that would not explain the bullet hole in the window."

"I suppose a third gun or bullet is out of the question..." Koichi wondered.

"I still think that contradiction is explained by something else causing the spill." Raul shrugged. "And if I'm lying there's no explanation for the hammer being there since I wouldn't exactly knock myself out, so there are holes in both theories still."

Shy guy

"The hammer might have simply been for pushing the knife in," Keri suggested. "It would be difficult to do to oneself otherwise, I imagine. Or, well, it could have been for breaking bones. Your ribs, in particular. The bullet was lodged in your chest, but if even your bones can heal after that, they would have been in the way of the bullet. In fact I think that is the most likely explanation."

ASCEND

"Alright, I finished it!" Kyle shouts, breaking an extremely long awkward silence.

An updated, better looking map appears on screen.

"Brilliant!" Otto shouts, "Now, back to the trial, I suppose! Hopefully all the relevant evidence has been brought up in detail by now, huh?"

An underlying tension fills the room, as if that was in fact simply not the case.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"...Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight." Urumi shook her head at the updated map. "Well anyway, I don't think we're getting any further with the bullet discussion right now. Let's try to figure out how someone could have gotten a gun."

She looked over at Koichi. "Hey, I've been thinking. That call you said you got from Kyle. Are you sure it was from him? What exactly did he say?"

Shy guy

"And also, Bryan, Oscar. Were there any moments you were not looking at James? Particularly when the countdown started, and James apparently pointed his gun at VAL for some reason. If our theory is that James was shot from the saloon, it does not make sense for him to receive the wound he did if he was turned away from it, facing the post office which was on the other side of the road."

[put something witty here]

"I was focused on my pocket watch for the first seven seconds of the countdown, but I can safely say Mr. Clement was facing Bryan with his gun still holstered for the last three," Oscar explains, frowning as he does so. "...though now that we're discussing it, I don't believe what VAL saw could realistically happen. Seven seconds is hardly enough time for a man with such a pathetic draw to do all the robot described and act like nothing happened right after."

"Bzzt, perhaps Ultimate James' draw is not as 'pathetic' as you think it is, bzzt," V.A.L. spoke up. It tapped it's claws together, upset.

Shy guy

"VAL, at what point in the countdown did you see James turn to aim at you?" Keri asked gently.

"He said he was angry at me," Koichi cried to Urumi. "He is such a bully...asked why I wasting away guarding the safe when I could be at the saloon instead. He said there could be a party there..."

"Weird," she frowned. "I'm pretty sure the only ones who could have been at the saloon at that time were Jack, me... and Raul. I mean, I WASN'T at the saloon then, just saying it was possible to be." She crossed her arms. "You think the call could have been a distraction to let someone steal a gun or something?"

"Perhaps..? I do not think anyone snuck by me however."

Shy guy

"Would Kyle really have called it a party if it were just two people?" Keri said, clearly a little confused. "At the time of the prank call, which was after 10 but before 10:30, no-one was meant to be at the saloon. Raul has the opportunity, certainly. Urumi could have been there but it is impossible for her to shoot James, I can vouch for that, so I cannot see how that would possibly fit into the case. So I suppose that implies it was Raul and Raul alone there, but then that is only a two person party, Raul and Koichi. A strange thing to say."

“Also it’d be like, really weird for Kyle to interfere with a murder that way.”

Shy guy

"Not to belabour a point, but... the only ones who could have been in the undertakers are Raul or Oscar. The only ones who could have been in the saloon at the time of the prank call are Raul or Urumi. The only ones with an opportunity to shoot James are Raul or VAL... There are only so many times the answer can be 'there was an accomplice'."

"We are still unclear on how Raul, or anyone really, could have gotten a gun," Keri then said. "But how about this? Raul was with James in the morning, he heard about the duel. Knowing a safe would be opened to fetch the pistols for this, perhaps Raul simply hid in one of the locations near a safe and watched me unlock it. He would then know the code, and could open and close it later at his leisure. Granted this same explanation could apply to anyone without an alibi during the time we were inventorying the guns."
Page 94 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus