Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 625 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Pessimistic_Fool wrote:
Congrats!
Sorry I can't afford to commission you, but have you tried posting on tumblr yet? Seems to work for some people.

It's okay. I never post my art in Tumblr, oddly. I do, however, have a Facebook page for my art and take requests on that and my personal Facebook. :3

Thank you, SC ^^
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
Hey everyone. I know nobody posts here much anymore, but I just wanted everyone to know that I got a call and I'm filling out paperwork tomorrow and I'll start working. I'm so excited. Things are finally gonna change. <3 Also my art work has been doing really great too. I'm actually doing Pokemon commissions for $15-$20 if anyone is interested. ^^

Woo congrats Dawn! My girlfriend is way into Pokemon so I might consider it at some point.

While we're sharing good news, I've been able to land a placement with the NHS (big government healthcare service in UK) which will give me a good shot of being employed with them at the end of my training!

Feels good!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Yikes, that's quite impressive as well XD Good luck on landing the job with them, Pierre!

Don't have particularly much on my side to share but all is going well nevertheless.

I'm gonna be having another job so that's exciting. I'm still doing Pokemon commissions and various others. The Pokemon ones seem the most popular. My own sister requested from me. :redd: Things are going great. :edgey:

I've felt worse.

Hey guys. Lively as ever, I see.

I began the last semester I'll need to complete before I can get a bachelor's degree in chemistry. After that, I don't really know where I'm going. Part of me is considering either forensic chemistry or environmental chemistry, and another part is telling me to go back to sleep.

Anyways, here's yet another picture of a stray cat. How are you guys doing?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Good to see things are going fine with you, sumguy!

Not much is happening here currently. Dull life I lead, I guess. Your picture brightened me up though, so thanks.

That cat is adorable. <3

I'm fighting an upper respiratory infection again. So... not so good at the moment, but hopefully I can kick it soon do I can go to work comfortably.

Speaking of work I got a new job. The other one was bad. So so bad..

sumguy28 wrote:
Hey guys. Lively as ever, I see.

Yeah this place has totally been active there better not be any snark here.

I've been alright, doing well in college and stuff. Much more importantly, I've been inspired to share a picture of my cat so here.

Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

Checking in for the monthly sound off.

Life's pretty terrible. Due to a technical difficulty and my own incompetence I'm not going to be able to continue in university for a year.

Just going to have to sit here just existing without a real purpose for a whole year.

All my friends will either be off the course or have moved on so when I do go back I imagine I'll be pretty isolated

My research proposal passed ethics but it'll also be stopped in its tracks until next year.

Wooft life is rough
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Not much to share on my end, either.
It's the continuous blur of the same type of days it's been for... a good ten years now.
With an odd bump of something happening here and there.

Thanks for the picture of that cat, Cesar Zero.
I learned last week that the one I had to give away was put down. (Lung cancer)

The ending from Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei...................

...I need to get drunk.

Karim and I are gonna have a date night! I'm so excited!
We've been working all week. We soooo deserve this. :edgey:

Sleeping is my life.

So, my folks and I went to get a new puppy today. A female golden retriever puppy, actually. We named her Chessie. I hope that Lucy and Chessie can get along with each other, though it might take a while so...

Gettin' Old!

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
So, my folks and I went to get a new puppy today. A female golden retriever puppy, actually. We named her Chessie. I hope that Lucy and Chessie can get along with each other, though it might take a while so...

Golden retrievers are just the best!
Giant fluffy cuddlers each and every one of them!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I worked at a hotel's reception for a few hours today. It's a small hotel, and there was barely anything happening. I'm back there for two more days to learn the software used for hotel reservations, but... guys, I don't know if I can do this! I would get weekend shifts (this doesn't bother me), either early shift that starts at 6:30 AM, meaning I'll have to get up at 5 AM (this bothers me a bit) or an afternoon shift, and the biggest problem I saw is... nothing goes on. Even the guy I worked alongside said that weekends are really lacking in anything happening. ...guys, I don't think I can work at a place where I spend EIGHT HOURS DOING NOTHING. I just... oh god, I could barely stand the three hours I was there today.
Should I learn the system, but look for work somewhere else?

I mean, I know I shouldn't ignore job opportunities, but I'm already looking at this in terms of a long-running goal. I can't stand having nothing to do. And one of the reasons I want to get a job (aside from earning my own money) is to, you know, have something to DO for part of the day. Having all this free time is really not fun. For others it may sound great, "Oh, cool, you are getting paid 9€ an hour to basically just sit on your ass and do nothing", but it sounds horrible to me. I don't think this would work well for my mental health...

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I worked at a hotel's reception for a few hours today. It's a small hotel, and there was barely anything happening. I'm back there for two more days to learn the software used for hotel reservations, but... guys, I don't know if I can do this! I would get weekend shifts (this doesn't bother me), either early shift that starts at 6:30 AM, meaning I'll have to get up at 5 AM (this bothers me a bit) or an afternoon shift, and the biggest problem I saw is... nothing goes on. Even the guy I worked alongside said that weekends are really lacking in anything happening. ...guys, I don't think I can work at a place where I spend EIGHT HOURS DOING NOTHING. I just... oh god, I could barely stand the three hours I was there today.
Should I learn the system, but look for work somewhere else?

I mean, I know I shouldn't ignore job opportunities, but I'm already looking at this in terms of a long-running goal. I can't stand having nothing to do. And one of the reasons I want to get a job (aside from earning my own money) is to, you know, have something to DO for part of the day. Having all this free time is really not fun. For others it may sound great, "Oh, cool, you are getting paid 9€ an hour to basically just sit on your ass and do nothing", but it sounds horrible to me. I don't think this would work well for my mental health...

I think having money is worth it, especially if it gets your mother off your back.
Ain't nothing saying you can't keep looking for work while you've got this job.
Ask the other guys what they do when it's dead quiet, perhaps they know a trick or two to make the time go faster.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Ugh you ever had a film so trash you had to turn it off partway through?

It's such a rare thing. I invested over an hour into a film, it was getting worse and I was like "Nope I'm done." Didn't even want to finish it.

For the record it's a Netflix film "Next Gen." Thought it might be like Big Hero Six on the surface but the main character is far more unlikeable and unsympathetic.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Done that several times, though not often. Sometimes films are just really terrible to sit through.

Pierre wrote:
Ask the other guys what they do when it's dead quiet, perhaps they know a trick or two to make the time go faster.

I did ask. They said I can browse the web, watch stuff on Netflix, etc. I said I didn't feel comfortable doing stuff like that at work. Why? Because I'm here to WORK? If I am there just to sit on my ass for 8 hours and do nothing, but still get paid, you might as well pay me for staying at home.

Problem is, it seems I do have the job, BUT a spa reception I applied to wants an interview in a few days and it sounds like it'll be very likely I get that job. (It's part-time, compared to the hotel which is just a minijob - as in, no insurance stuff, and I am capped at 450€ a month) I don't want to potentially start working at this hotel to say a week later, "Uh, yeah, better job. So, uh... *runs away*"

Quote:

I have walked away from TV shows because they show parts that I absolutely detest (No, I don't need to see a guy's kidnapped daughter getting raped.), but I have forced myself to continue to finish books that I hated. Mostly because I kept thinking, "Come on, it can't be THAT bad"... and then it turned out it was just that bad. Or worse.

Gettin' Old!

@Cat If they are that lax about what you do in the downtime then find a way to make it like work and gain something productive out of it. Study something, practice something, do crochet, develop skills, learn sign language or something. It would be my best guess.

Also if you get a better job, then go for it. It's what your degree is in and just explain the situation and hopefully they'll understand. It's not like they can really punish you for taking a better job after all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well, I explained and asked if the contract thing can wait maybe a week because of the interview. They said alright, but did say they already had me on the schedule for Thursday and both weekend days next week... which I thought was a bit fast; I mean, I haven't signed anything yet. (I know, it's Wiesn time...) I also looked online to see if it's even legal to have a part-time job and a minijob. It is, as long as certain conditions are upheld. But... I don't know if I want a job at a spa and then spend my weekends working at a hotel... where the early shift starts at 6:30 AM, meaning I would have to get up at 5 AM... I'm already suffering from insomnia; I can't get myself into a schedule where I might have to lose sleep for early shifts.

The spa is closer to my field, but I would do reception and not massages. But when I told my mom the name of the hotel the spa is in, she just said, "WOW. Wow. If you get a job there, that would look REALLY good on your CV." Apparently, it's a really high-class posh hotel. I looked up some info on the spa, hoping to see if I got a picture of what employees are supposed to wear.

Man, here I go for MONTHS, maybe up to a YEAR, getting nowhere further than an email rejection or interview, and suddenly I am close to getting two jobs.

Pierre wrote:

Several. Especially when Karim and I are looking for a decent horror movie to watch.
We finally saw A Quiet Place yesterday and liked it. It's pretty interesting. We also watched Tales from the Hood because he's never seen it. I saw that they made a second film, after 23 years, and I'm really curious about it because I liked the first one from the 90s.

Gettin' Old!

Sharing for niceness: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45626240
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Been listening to a lot of city pop lately. Its very soothing

Karim and I are going to Nuit Blanche tomorrow. I've never been there and he's never been there with a girlfriend. It's going to be so amazing! Tonight we're gonna check out a burger place that just opened up by our apartment.
I'm so glad I'm done with work so I can relax and spend time with my love. <3

Hello guys

Just wanted to say I've been almost losing sleep lately because my country is at risk of electing an asshole dinosaur conservative as president in the next month

I mean, I'm not criticizing the guy only because I disagree with him. There are lots of intelligent conservative people out there I happen to disagree with, but...
He is really, really, really bad, stupid and ignorant

Like lmao what a fascist anal retentive imbecile
How can people take this guy seriously

No

Im so hyped for next Saturday. Been waiting for a while, but finally going to watch Gorillaz live here in NY. Going with a few friends. One of them was super nice enough to buy me a ticket to go with them at the time that I didnt have the money, so paying him back tomorrow. Super excited

Gettin' Old!

Gentle Criminal wrote:
Im so hyped for next Saturday. Been waiting for a while, but finally going to watch Gorillaz live here in NY. Going with a few friends. One of them was super nice enough to buy me a ticket to go with them at the time that I didnt have the money, so paying him back tomorrow. Super excited

Oh man that sounds great! Gorillaz are pretty sweet. Have a good time!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Gentle Criminal wrote:

Oh man that sounds great! Gorillaz are pretty sweet. Have a good time!

First time seeing them live, so im super excited for it

I'm back home from Thanksgiving at a friend's house. So much fooooood! Now I have to rest so I don't die.
Hope you all had a good day.

In Justice We Trust

Max (one of the cats I live with) was diagnosed with some sort of ear problem recently. Apparently, some sort of fluid got stuck behind his eardrum, messing with his balance. After some very expensive vet trips, he's now scheduled to undergo surgery on Thursday. This being surgery, there's a minor risk of him dying due to incompetence or some unforeseen complication (though I'm told the people doing the surgery are among the best, minimizing the risk). I know it's unlikely, but I do still worry about him dying. Fears are irrational like that.

If all goes as planned, he'll still have to wear the Cone of Shame while he recovers.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Best of luck to Max then!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Good luck to Max! Let’s hope he makes it through all this.

In Justice We Trust

Max went through the surgery without any problems. He'll be staying overnight at the hospital and returning home tomorrow. Some of the tissue responsible for the fluid buildup has been removed so the vet can run some tests and see what's responsible--they suspect a bacterial infection, which means Max will probably be on antibiotics for a bit. I hope he won't be too freaked out by the whole situation.
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

Alright, good to hear he’s doing well at least.

Gettin' Old!

Hey! Good for Max! Glad to hear that cat made it out ok.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

So I'm not a temp anymore. I was hired by the company some time last week because a lot of full-time workers told the higher ups how good I've been doing and how quickly I grasp things. I'm so excited!
The only downside is I won't be able to see my family for a while... Thanks to Trump.

My body really knows when to fuck with me on special days. Now I have a stupid cold on the day of the concert today, but that aint gonna stop me from enjoying it with my friends.

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
So I'm not a temp anymore. I was hired by the company some time last week because a lot of full-time workers told the higher ups how good I've been doing and how quickly I grasp things. I'm so excited!
The only downside is I won't be able to see my family for a while... Thanks to Trump.

Sorry to hear Dawn :( he's pretty awful.

But congrats about the Job! That's great news![

Gentle Criminal wrote:
My body really knows when to fuck with me on special days. Now I have a stupid cold on the day of the concert today, but that aint gonna stop me from enjoying it with my friends.

Pssshaw cold schmold. Its worth it for the concert easily.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gentle Criminal wrote:

Quote:
Pssshaw cold schmold. Its worth it for the concert easily.

Hell yeah. Even more now that my friend told me after this concert they going on hiatus for 10 years lol
Page 625 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus