Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Smiley IdeaTopic%20Title

Right now, there's like a gazillion smilies, so how about organizing them into catagories? PhpBB is open-source, right? Wouldn't it be possible to reroute the "View more smilies" button so it displayed a specific HTML page in a pop-up window instead the automatic "more smilies" window? I mean, as long as it puts the right text in the text box, it should work.

Having spoiler boxes in the "View more smilies" thing would be soooooo awesome. :edgy:
Re: Smiley IdeaTopic%20Title

Struck by a blunt objection

BigFish wrote:
Right now, there's like a gazillion smilies, so how about organizing them into catagories? PhpBB is open-source, right? Wouldn't it be possible to reroute the "View more smilies" button so it displayed a specific HTML page in a pop-up window instead the automatic "more smilies" window? I mean, as long as it puts the right text in the text box, it should work.

Having spoiler boxes in the "View more smilies" thing would be soooooo awesome. :edgy:

What do you think Wooster has been doing the past few months? Playing video games?
Re: Smiley IdeaTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Some of what you're suggesting would be drop dead easy to implement, other segments are a bit beyond my current skills. A page that loaded all the smilies and even into categories would be something I could do, in theory. However, that breaks down when I have to build some interactivity between the new window and the forums. The forums are database driven, what you're proposing would be a non-database driven, so the emoticon codes wouldn't load right without reverting to a system like we had for the Spoiler tags on the older boards, which was a pain on it's own.

=) Believe me I want smily categories too, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket