Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 32[ 1259 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PILOT?Topic%20Title

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

RAWR.

Welcome to the Gyakuten MECHA project--an absolutely MASSIVE project for those of us who have waaaay too much time on our hands. But it's fun!

Gyakuten MECHA is, as you may guess from the title, a complete Alternate Universe reimagining of the first three Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban games... as a badass sci-fi giant robot mecha anime! Taking place in the year 4016 in a far-off solar system, it chronicles the story of young pilot Phoenix Wright, who only wants to meet an old friend again... the only problem is, they're on opposite sides in a giant interplanetary war.

Ruh-roh, Raggy!

http://www.kwoiffei.com/Gyakuten-MECHA.htm

The website!
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Tue May 08, 2007 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright was a MECH PILTopic%20Title

Defend til the End!

Phoenix could definitely take Domon's place in G GUNDAM. He's got experience of destroying people just by pointing a finger at them.
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright was a MECH PILOT?!Topic%20Title

ಠ_ಠ EYES

You're totally insane, I love it. :D

And I just imagined Franziska as Cardcaptor Sakura, but let's not get into that. O-o
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PITopic%20Title

Franzie as Sakura.

.....interesting. O.o

And how am I insane?! CAN YOU NOT SEE IT?!!

(Actually, our PW Mecha was trying to make an 'original' sci-fi series with similar plots / themes to the games :P)
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PILOT?Topic%20Title

ಠ_ಠ EYES

I wish I could, I've just never watched Gundam. *Sighs* D:

Besides, what's wrong with being insane?! XD

Well, I meant more along the lines of the Film Noir / Jazz Age bit, with a bit of the HARD ROCK images, as far as envisioning.

Oh, and nothing. Nothing at all :D

Also, I just noticed that we share the same favorite movie. I must say... you remind me of the babe.

ಠ_ಠ EYES

Ah, well, that bit I DO understand... It's shmexy, lol. XD

... What babe? :D

Shmexy indeed.

and of course, I am referring to the babe with the power.

ಠ_ಠ EYES

The power of voodoo? OO

*Stabs Gant voodoo doll*

Voodoo?

Who do?!

Built For The Kill

What if Gyakuten Saiban were another genre, eh? Well, there could be...

The Great Age of Defense Attorneys! One Badge:

Phoenix as Monkey D. Phoenix

Edgeworth as Roronoa Reiji

Young Mia as NaMia

Franziska as... Nico Franny?

Larry as Yasopp

Javado as Sanjiryuu

Eh? FRANKY?!

Maya Fey as Tony Tony Maya

Or...

555 Lawyer:

Odoroki as Housuke Freed

Minuki as Minuki Crescent

Kyouya as Ball... Kyouya Ball.

Missle as Zero

Older Ema as Cross

Garyuu as... Kirin?

Hobohodo No, wait. He's Kirin.

Garyuu as Kiridaba

Or...

Fullmetal Attorney:

Kyouya as Kyouya Elric

Odoroki as Housuke Elric

Minuki as Minuki Rockbell

Edgeworth as Reiji Mustang

Eh? as Keisuke Hughes

Adrian as Kirio Hawkeye

Garyuu Hohenheim... (???)

:/
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

ಠ_ಠ EYES

LMAO that's fantastic. XD Fullmetal attourney... *Dies*

I'm still here! If you recognize me. t.t

Von Karma Godot! What does the scanner say about his Objection power?
Spit It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND!
Karma Scream What!?! Over nine thousand!?!

Bling Bling Insignificant minor character! What does the scanner say about April's splendiferous bra size?
Bell Boy It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND. DD.
Redd's White What!?! Over nine thousand!?!

Larry Pearl! What does the scanner say about Adrian and Franziska being lesbi--
Ka-Whip
Larry

It could easily go on and on and on.

ಠ_ಠ EYES

'Ivan wrote:
Von Karma Godot! What does the scanner say about his Objection power?
Spit It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND!
Karma Scream What!?! Over nine thousand!?!

Bling Bling Insignificant minor character! What does the scanner say about April's splendiferous bra size?
Bell Boy It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND. DD.
Redd's White What!?! Over nine thousand!?!

Larry Pearl! What does the scanner say about Adrian and Franziska being lesbi--
Ka-Whip
Larry

It could easily go on and on and on.

... *Applause* That... Was excellent. XD

excellent it was!

I might just write up the epic summary of Phoenix Wright: The Mecha Series.

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

CFTF: Interesting scenario, indeed. I can just see it, too, which makes me wonder if your insanity is catching. ;P ;D JK, of course. :)

Here'a another thought: How about if Phoenix Wright were in Castlevania? That would definitely put a new spin on "Objection!" Edgy
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

ಠ_ಠ EYES

I love that game. O___O

Wait a second...
What about...
Interview with a Lawyer by Anne Rice?! XD
Pearl could be Claudia. X3

Franziska Belmont whatwhat?

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

YES PLZ. Adrian

and to clarify, I'm not talking about other games, but just other genres. Like horror or fantasy or whatever. I guess we can talk about crossovers, though :P

LOL Kittybot

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

But would she bother with the subweapons?

Meanwhile, I'm planning on actually having Phoenix and pals cameo in a Super Robot Wars-type fanfic-game thingy. Phoenix , Edgeworth , Maya Fey , and Pearl will be behind the wheel of an SRX knockoff, with Franziska in the R-Whip.

MANLY. VERY.

Gumshoe could be the new Ramba Ral- Oh god, Char! Edgeworth. That would be something. That aint no cravat boy, no cravat.

Moving away from the Gundam universe, Mia!Jhuti would be kickass.
HAHA OH MAN M. VON KARMA'S BANGING HIS HEAD HAHAHA HEADBANG WOW THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNY

(Warning! Spoilers for GS3! Slight spoilers for GS3!)

So.

Phoenix Wright: THE MECHA SERIES

Yes, it’s quite silly and over the top and possesses quite a few clichés. But that’s what you get trying to transpose one medium into a completely different medium and genre and still maintain some character/overall plot/theme cohesion :P This is just meant to be as fun… and maybe, if I ever get bored enough, something to be turned into a fanfiction.

So, first off, you have the scenario:

This is in space. In the future. There’s some sort of war going on, with two main factions (we shall refer to them, for simplicity’s sake, as Prosecution and Defense). Yeah, uh, that’s pretty much about it; we’ve not fleshed out much of the setting. There are giant robots, and many of them have AI copilot programs. All AIs are based on actual human consciousnesses to give them personality and to also help aid in mimicking natural, creative thought.

Then, the characters:

Phoenix “Nick” Wright – The main character, of course. A rookie young (actually, he’s early 20s, this is a mecha anime, I guess that means he’s practically a geezer) mech pilot who is nonetheless quite talent at what he does, despite not having all that much real experience under his belt.

(Some rank here… let’s say Colonel) Miles Edgeworth – Nick’s childhood friend, a preternaturally skilled mech pilot and navigator, has since left the Defense side to align himself with the Prosecution at a young age, Nick fights to bring his friend back and make him see that his side is corrupt and twisted.

Richard Gumshoe – An affable and loveable mechanic on Edgeworth’s ship, services his mech and acts as his support/spotter in the heat of battle. Good with machines and technology, not good with anything else. Very loyal to his commander and to his friends, if not to the actual ideals of his side.

Captain Mia Fey – One of the best ship captains on the Defense side, Phoenix’s direct commander, has faith in him despite his inexperience. Once a capable pilot in her own right, has since left the heat of the battle to be a commander, especially given the lack of able leaders in the Defense ranks after the death of Captain Edgeworth.

Commander Souryuu Kaminogi – Captain Fey’s first mate and aide, also an able pilot who left the battlefield to be at Mia’s right hand and to help her in her duties.

Maya Fey – Mia’s younger sister (duh! :P) used to be her spotter/support in battle, now does the same for Nick when he’s fighting. She has a non-combat ship with an AI based off the personality and consciousness of her older sister.

Lt. Colonel Franziska von Karma – The daughter to Admiral von Karma, and one of the best pilots the Prosecution has ever seen despite her young age. Better than nearly all of the male pilots except for the man she considers to be her younger brother and his once-upon-a-time childhood friend. Does not have any real loyalty to the Prosecution’s cause or even to her father (but yes to her brother), her only goal is to prove that she’s good enough in the face of everyone who says she’d never live up to her name.

“Ayame” – A crew member aboard Captain Fey’s Kurain, had a past relationship with Nick Wright, but suddenly broke it off and seems to now harbor a nasty grudge and a fierce, vicious temper.

Admiral Manfred von Karma – Possibly the best pilot and commander the Prosecution has ever seen, and a fearsome combatant whether in his own mech or on the bridge of his flagship controlling a battle. Relentless, ruthless, and obsessed with perfection and getting revenge on those who wrong him. Has a daughter but doesn’t seem to care about her much, if at all.

Captain Gregory Edgeworth – One of the defense’s best commanders, was killed fifteen years before our story starts, but how? And by whom?

High Admiral Damon Gant – The seemingly jovial commander-in-chief of the Prosecution, has his hands in quite a bit of “black projects” that nobody really knows about. Manipulative and scheming, and by far one of the most terrifying men in the known galaxy.

Then, you have a third “faction,” let’s call them “Global” (Studios, lol). Mercenaries for hire that eventually find themselves in the employ of the Prosecution. (Basically, all the actors + co in the game)

Commandant Dee Vasquez - The cold, icy, remorseless captain of the Samurai, the leader of the Global Mercenaries. To her, revenge is not an act, it is a living thing, a concept to be embodied.

Jack Hammer – The oldest soldier in the Global crew, an experienced veteran who’s tired of all the constant fighting and killing in his life.

Will Powers – Will is a very good pilot though many underestimate him due to his reluctance to fight and actually kill people. Very shy and insecure, especially out of the cockpit.

Juan Corrida – One of the two current “aces” in the Global lineup, has a fierce rivalry with Matt Engarde over kills and objectives completed. If it weren’t for the fact that they were both technically on the same side, you’d have think they’d have shot each other down by now.

Matt Engarde – The best pilot in the Global squadron, cocky, extremely vain and protective of his appearance, and borderline sociopathic. He will stop at nothing to best Corrida, his rival, even if it means injuring people who are supposedly on his side… or worse.

Celeste Inpax – Formerly Matt’s spotter / support. Two years before the story takes place, there was a battle, and she ended up in the way between Matt and an enemy. It was a nameless, unimportant foe—but it was one more number that he’d have above Juan in their kill count rivalry. Matt opened fire anyway, getting the enemy pilot, but also killing Celeste in the process, for which he feels absolutely no remorse.

Adrian Andrews – Matt’s current spotter. Celeste’s former best friend and protégé, but functions as a capable support in battle even with Matt nonetheless—after all, it was only an accident where Matt killed her mentor, right?

I THINK that's all the main characters we came up with, at least for now. Feel free to come up with your own and add to our story, of course... :D

Again, this is just for fun. We're just messing around.

Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

(Aka Gyakuten MECHA)

So, the story.

We begin 15 years ago, near the beginning of the Prosecution / Defense war. Captain Gregory Edgeworth and Captain Manfred von Karma are capable pilots and rivals, though von Karma always bests Edgeworth in their encounters. One day, Edgeworth manages to damage Karma’s ship—which pisses him off.

Later, Gregory Edgeworth is assigned to do a refugee transport run with about fifty civilians in a cargo ship that happens to run through an asteroid field. He’s navigated it before, and he has help plotting the course from his brilliant son, Miles—a prodigy at navigation and astrolocation. Miles plots the course as usual, Gregory takes off, but something goes wrong and Gregory’s ship ends up crashing.

Lo and behold, who should appear but Manfred von Karma? Edgeworth radios his rival, pleading for help on the basis that there are innocent civilian lives at stake in his disabled ship that is slowly running out of life support. Manfred agrees to help him, but when he gets in range, destroys Gregory’s ship completely.

He then lets it be “known” that Miles’ course was faulty and that Gregory crashed and died with the civilians due to that—it was his son’s fault. A distraught Miles flees the Defense, running away—until he’s picked up by von Karma himself, who takes him in to raise as his own.

Nick Wright, Miles’ best friend, is perplexed by this and resolves to bring Miles back home to the right side when he becomes older.

After the death of Captain Edgeworth, the Defense was hurting for able commanders; Admiral Grossberg wasn’t nearly enough all on his own. So, Captain Mia Fey and her first mate Commander Kaminogi were given command of their own ship, the Kurain. It was here that Nick Wright first got his tastes of combat and was able to show his own natural skill.

Blah blah blah, Nick tries to make contact with Miles Edgeworth even though they’re on opposite factions.

Before one particularly large battle, Nick notices a female crew member making changes to his mech, but she’s gone before he can ask her what she did, and then he has to quickly scramble for combat.

She, of course, was ‘Ayame,’ or rather Ayame’s sister Chinami, who harbors a fierce grudge against Phoenix (for, uh, reasons not yet known—aka reasons we’ve not yet made up :P). She was uploading a virus into Phoenix’s mech’s AI so it would malfunction, hoping it would get him killed in combat.

Unfortunately for her but fortunately for Nick, he’s skilled enough to survive nonetheless, though only he notices something is wrong in the heat of combat.

Meanwhile, there is… an attack… of some sort made upon the Kurain. Nick frantically tries to go stop it, and Captain Fey trusts that he’ll make it in time—and he would have, if his AI doesn’t screw up and prevent him from making it. The Kurain is attacked, and nearly all the bridge crew is killed, though it doesn’t explode right away.

Of the bridge crew, only Mia and Kaminogi are left alive. Kaminogi is blinded when his console exploded in his face, and Mia has been fatally wounded by the assault. On the lower decks, Maya Fey is fine and manages to get to her own escape pod, once the announcement is made for all hands to evacuate. Chinami, also mortally wounded in the attack, vows that she will live on through any means whatsoever. So, she manages to upload her consciousness into an AI form: CHINAMI (backronym forthcoming *cough*) and puts it into the captain’s escape pod, which she figures will be the most likely to be jettisoned.

On the bridge, Kaminogi tries to convince Mia to come with him to the escape pod, which is really only designed with life support for two, but if they’re badly injured is barely enough for one. Mia, knowing that she’s dying anyway, knowing that the captain should go down with her ship, and wanting to give Kaminogi a chance of survival… tricks him into thinking she got into the escape pod with him, but because he’s blind, she stays behind and launches the pod without her in it.

Moments later, the Kurain explodes, knocking Kaminogi unconscious and injuring him further. For days, the unconscious Kaminogi drifts in his escape pod, his only companion CHINAMI the AI, who slowly, over time, poisons his thoughts and makes him believe everything was Phoenix Wright’s fault, that it’s his fault Mia is dead. Even once he starts to regain his memories, he prefers CHINAMI’s version to what he remembers. As he’s blind, he begins to rely on CHINAMI to help him, begins to trust her.

Kaminogi eventually makes his way to civilization where he gets desperate emergency medical treatment... and resolves to get his revenge on Phoenix Wright

Meanwhile, Maya, Nick, and the Defense mourn the loss of the Kurain and her commanders. Now, it appears that Nick is the last hope left…!! To replace the AI destroyed by Chinami’s virus, they install the Mia-based AI from Maya’s own mech into Phoenix’s ship. It’s not her, but it’s the closest thing there is—Maya likes to talk to Phoenix’s AI when he’s not in combat, because she misses her sister.

Blah de blah deblah, stuff happens. Phoenix meets up with Miles and fights him to a draw the first time, Franziska is introduced (much earlier than she is in the games). Pretty much combining Turnabout Samurai and Farewell, My Turnabout into one storyline here, a subplot in the first “Miles/Admiral von Karma” arc.

Global Mercenaries are hired by the Prosecution, and while Franziska and Miles both recognize the skill and appreciate the help of Jack/Will, they’re both disgusted by Juan and Matt’s behavior—especially Matt.

In one particularly fierce battle, there comes a situation almost exactly like the one two years ago… Adrian, Matt’s spotter, is in the line of fire between Matt and an enemy, and Matt is about to kill her just so he can up his kill count against Juan’s by one. As Franziska sees this, she becomes so overwhelmingly revolted by Matt’s behavior that she attacks him. They have a short fight, Franziska beats Matt and shoots him down, and he crashes onto the planet below, presumably dead. An eternally grateful Adrian agrees to stay on the Prosecution’s side even after their paid tenure is over as Franziska’s spotter/support.

Matt, naturally, is not dead, and is actually almost completely unharmed except for being unconscious—and a series of wounds over his eye that will end up being a serious scar. He is first found by High Admiral Gant, who further injures him while unconscious to piss the vain, narcissistic, sociopath off even more.

Gant, seeing Matt’s potential, gives him the chance to pilot a new, untested, frighteningly powerful mecha. Matt, eager to get revenge, agrees. Gant has no ulterior motives other than just to sow chaos—he’s simply turning Matt loose to get destruction and death.

There’s another decent-sized battle with Miles and Nick on opposite sides of one another… but it’s interrupted by Matt Engarde’s arrival in his powerful new mecha. His first target is Franziska, who beat him earlier—with the aid of this horrifying new ship, Matt easily shoots her down and forces her to eject to even have a chance at survival before her own craft blows up. Adrian, her spotter, braves the heat of combat to go find the wounded, slowly dying Franziska amidst the chaos and wreckage of the battle in order to try and save her life, as Franziska did for her.

Meanwhile, Miles and Phoenix team up for the first time to put an end to this new, insanely sociopathic threat once and for all. It’s the first time they team up, and it sparks something, Miles remembers the friendship they once had…

…and that’s pretty much anything semi-specific we’ve created. Of course, there will be the confrontation with Admiral von Karma and Edgeworth learning he WASN’T responsible for his father’s death. Miles and eventually Franziska (and therefore Gumshoe and Adrian) switching sides once they see how corrupt the Prosecution leadership under Gant truly is, though they’re never quite comfortable on the Defense.

The first story arc would be Miles + Admiral von Karma, with the Matt Engarde subplot in the middle.

After that, we’d get into the appearance of a strange freelance pilot with a visor that seems to talk to him in the same voice as his mech AI… a pilot who calls himself Godot, a man whose hatred and anger is only fueled by the seductive, hateful, twisted, and demented ramblings of the CHINAMI AI program. (Even though there’s the whole thing of “An AI is not the person,” there would probably be moments in Phoenix vs Godot fights where the MIA program takes over Phoenix’s ship and talks to Godot directly, giving it sort of a ‘Ghost in the Machine,’ ‘Is it really her?’ feeling…)

And finally, the final arc with bringing down High Admiral Gant.

Yes, it’s completely silly and we had too much free time on our hands. But dammit, it was fun.

<3333 Mu and Raelle. You girls are the bomb diggety.

Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

俺の黄金の魔女

Hello darling, I love you. That's all. <3

Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name.

Seriously, our Mecha Wright is fun and cracktastic.

Because all mecha needs at least one white-haired hot guy with a mask of sorts. Duh.

Chimani "All you Defenders, deserve to be killed!"

Adrian "I demand that the Prosecution cease firing FALSE EVIDENCE immediately! We've experienced the pain and sorrow of nuclear attacks, yet we are trying to inflict the same suffering on them now! Is that justice?! Will anything be made right if we fire it?"

Hobohodo "I know what you're saying. I know what you're saying, but it doesn't matter. Because at this moment, Maya is crying her heart out. She's crying because all of this is exactly what she feared. If you can justify attacking Witnesses by blaming everything on Witnesses!? And Maya!? If you are saying that, then you are attacking the very thing that Maya is trying to save. Then I have no choice, I must defeat you."

Karma Scream "Just watch me, I am going to live...right 'till the bitter end! I will live the hard life of a warrior!"

TTLY NOT STOLEN FROM WELL-KNOWN MECHA ANIME

This topic is made of complete and utter win. Absolute genius. X3

This is not spy

Phoenix Wright + Jazz = Zoot Suit Riot = <3

Your Mecha story is win, Funk. I would make a "What if Phoenix Wright was in Megaman" thing, but that'd be similar to the Mech Pilot thing. D= Wah.

My DeviantART account

Sexy Angie icon by me, sorry dudes. No stealing here, please.

Last edited by Fanfare on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright was a MECH PILOT?!Topic%20Title

OMG! I'm on 220V!

Doylie-Mo wrote:
And I just imagined Franziska as Cardcaptor Sakura, but let's not get into that. O-o

o_o.... Fanart it! NAO! XDD
And Adrian could be Tomoyo =) (the girl with the camera, I don't know if the name is right ^^'')
"Wait a minute, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?"

Rookie Illuminati Member

The Mecha Series is PURE PWNAGE!!!

*rational thoughts off*

Last edited by F_For_FranziskaDOO on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie Illuminati Member

F_For_FranziskaDOO wrote:
The Mecha Series is PURE PWNAGE!!!

*rational thoughts off*

EDIT: Somehow, I quoted myself...sorry... Sadshoe

Spoilers for GS3!

Spoiler:
For some reason I just really like the idea of Chinami being a vengeful, sadistic disembodied AI construct. Sort of like SHODAN.

I also like the idea of Godot having her programmed into his visor in addition to his mech, so she's literally working her hateful magic on him 24/7. And when Godot and Nick have their final epic duel, it's MIA that gets through to him, causes him to remember who he was and shakes CHINAMI's influence. He gives Nick his "Souryuu Kaminogi" speech and then blows himself up to finally get rid of CHINAMI once and for all.

I don't know why Chinami would have such a grudge against Phoenix, though. Seriously, feel free to contribute your own ideas for Phoenix Wright: THE MECHA SERIES. :D

lolkoala.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

So, the story....

I LOVE YOU. :D
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

Thanks! :D

Any fanartists, feel to be inspired >.>

That kid nobody likes.

*is inspired*

Can Godot's visor be linked to his mech through all sorts of cumbersome cables? I do likes to draw me some cables.

Of course. That's how he and CHINAMI interface, after all =O

I also like the idea of Godot being a bit more like a cyborg. Like a metal arm or something.

That kid nobody likes.

*glances at sketches*

Get the fuck out of my head.

NOES

>.>

<3
Page 1 of 32 [ 1259 posts ]