Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

gs4 rip beginsTopic%20Title

Sir

http://deufeufeu.free.fr/gs4/bgs/
(spoilers inside)
Re: gs4 rip beginsTopic%20Title

some sort of diabolical mastermind

Whoawhoawhoawhoa!
Kyouka wears glasses?

Muhna muhna.

Spoiler: Very vague spoiler
He used to.

I haven't been hit by a car, nobody's coming at me with a switchblade, the tectonic plates aren't splitting apart, and it isn't raining blood, so I guess this is a good day!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Remember folks. The Forums are still in GS4 Anti-Spoiler mode. Keep your comments about the pictures behind spoiler tags.

I'm moving this topic for the time being.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Sir

I'm not quite sure if people here would be excited by my advances in this. As almost no one liked my bgs dump....
But for those interested, I've almost recovered the new tilemaps format. It was quite hard because it seems they decided to use layering features of the ds.

lol, rsmarty

Hey, I was thinking about PMing you sometime to tell you that. <_<

Personally, I'd like to know how in the world you're like, even extracting this stuff.
I was using LoadingNOW's unlz_gba program which decompresses the LZ77 encryption for your viewing pleasure, and I had noticed something similar which can actually be seen if you're playing GS4 in no$gba. The characters fade in in layers; and there are two layers used: One for the general clothing, and the other for skin, hair tones etc. to construct a total of 32 colors per each sprite. It makes sense, seeing as they're viewable in 16-bit color although it's near-impossible to just go about blindly coloring the palette. In a sort, these sprites are kind of like puzzles - there's the skin/eye/hair layers which are overlayed upon the clothing layers. To those casual spriters - it's like they provide a spritesheet for each character - and then certain areas are recalled to display the sprite onscreen. This was actually that "secret" I was going to share with you guys - the trick to these sprites is putting the two layers together, and coloring both of them with the 16-color format in mind for each layer.
rofl
and we thought this was going to be tough without TilEd not working at first XD

So yeah, if you don't mind my onslaught of PMs, DFF, I'm going to ask you a series of things on how on earth you're ripping this stuff. It also interests me because you're actually able to rip the correct palette as well (of course, that's all about finding where the palette is stored in the ROM). I know this has to do with LZ77 compression, etc....and yeah, I'm dying to know about this type of stuff because, see, I'm a sprite ripper too and seeing your work here as well as LoadingNOW's, I feel like such a noob in comparison because I'm still putting tiles together by hand and BSing the palettes ;___;

you and LdngNOW = my new heroes ;___;
So yeah, hope you don't mind my upcoming PM onslaught. XD

nuuuuu, stoooooop

deufeufeu wrote:
I'm not quite sure if people here would be excited by my advances in this. As almost no one liked my bgs dump...

It's not that! It's just that you didn't label anything. I think people are afraid to click through what you've posted for fear of spoilers. Adrian
ImageImage

Sir

But this is a full dump. There is no labels in the rom.

As for the how I do it. I've develloped my own techniques. I start by taking the data and try to build a viewer, using just logical considerations about data organization. I've never runned this game, neither on my ds nor in an emulator. Which is funny, don't you find ?
I've started to write a tutorial for my techniques, you can find it here
http://deufeufeu.free.fr/romhack/romhackcourse.pdf . It's still in a very early stage.

The Missing Link

I already asked this in the other rip thread, but do you have the defense-witness-prosecution transition which make the full courtroom and do you have the defense/prosecution benches?

Hi

Apeman1813 wrote:
I already asked this in the other rip thread, but do you have the defense-witness-prosecution transition which make the full courtroom and do you have the defense/prosecution benches?

viewtopic.php?p=28287#p28287 Mikker ripped them.

Good luck Deufeufeu. Can't wait to see all the sprites.

The Missing Link

rtsmarty wrote:
Apeman1813 wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=28287#p28287 Mikker ripped them.

Good luck Deufeufeu. Can't wait to see all the sprites.

My apologies... I'm sorry, I must have missed that. Thanks! Oops
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)