Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 2[ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

[Translation] GK news on the FAMITopic%20Title

操纵距离程度的能力

So we got FAMI ...Asian version last night, and I was so excited> <I'd love to share my happiness with every one here, although I know my English is suck... :larry:

I'm gonna translate the news from page to page, so please be patient when I'm typing, it takes time.=D

Words in [] is my own comment.=P

Turn About Prosecutor
Edgeworth Finally Become the Leading Role

New 逆转 Not 裁判 officially start!

Now we have a new game from the GS series! This "turn about" is a deduction and adventure game which take place on the scenes. The leading role is Miles Edgeworth, who was both rival and friend of Phoenix Wright, the leading role of GS1~3. Now we are going to introduce what happened to Edgeworth, and report the interview of the producers, you can't miss it as a game fan!

leading role
Miles Edgeworth

Edgeworth is a genius in the prosecutor office, he hates criminal because of his childhood memory. Although he used to be a ruthless prosecutor who did whatever he could to get the guilty verdict, now he changed his style and focus on finding truth. In the game he is involved into a certain case and begin to looking for the truth...?

Discover the contradictions in testimony and exposing the truth: 逆转裁判[GS]

逆转裁判is an adventure game in which you look for clues and evidence in the detective part and debate in the trail part. The game series is well known by the flowing stories and attractive characters.
You can call me whatever you want:3
Re: [Translation] GK news on the FAMITopic%20Title

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Wow, thank you Tuesday :3~
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D

Superficial Narcissist

You're awesome, Tuesday. :edgy:

Super Ace Attorney

Wait, so there ARE TRIALS!?!?!? :jazzedgy:

Uness I misinterpreted it or something :larry:
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker

操纵距离程度的能力

Edgeworth and Detective Gumshoe will

The first shinning point of the new game is the new system: the players can control Miles Edgeworth to discover the evidence and contribution at the scene[and make him run into the wall...?XD] The new function of "controlling the character" will bring new happiness to the players.[Hmm....] In the game, Edgeworth will go to different places to find the truth, and catch the real criminal in the name of genius prosecutor!! Here are some screen shots and design, please try to picture the world and system by your self~

Dick Gumshoe

The detective of local police department. He's in charge of the early investigating. He walks here and there to investigate the scenes. He believes in Edgeworth's ability from the bottom of his heart, his trust is so strong that it's even beyond the relationship between a detective and a prosecutor.[...what do you want to say, Capcom.... =_,=] People usually call him as 线锯刑警.

Investigating
in the different places

The story in the GK will happen around scenes. Edgeworth and Gumshoe will go to variety of place to discover the truth. We can see a scene looks like a restaurant or a bar, and a room which seems to be belonged to a stock dealer. What will happen there? We are curious.[...stock dealer?]

Bitter Old Man

This is sounding better and better... thanks so much for the translations!
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

True love is forever.

Tues, you are so awesome! Thank you so much for doing the translation!
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Super Ace Attorney

I third the awesomeness Jappenese Charecters I don't understand but I assume mean Tuesday. :p
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

操纵距离程度的能力

Investigating at the scene and dig the criminal out!!

Discover the contradiction!!

Sometimes you have to find out the contradiction which are hidden at the scenes, or try to inquire people about the clues, or present evidences like what we do in the previous games. Plus, the game contains a totally new system of investigating and deduction. Please wait for the following report for more information![Yay!!]

[about the screen shots on the right...]
*arrow^*use the touch pen[...wish I got the right word...] to point out what contradict with the scene.Also can be controlled by using the keyboard.

Find out the contradiction and expose the truth!

*arrow^>*Please focus on the murder weapon iron tommy bar! Discover the contradiction by using limit clues!!

We will see coolest deduction from the beginning to the end?!

Stylish characters is one of the attractions of the GS series. This time there will be more interesting characters appear in the game, and they usually do some tiny actions[it's not a proper word, I know||||] on the screen. Here we've got a draft design of a character. We are not sure if the character will be in the game, but according to the draft, it succeed the funny style of the GS characters' design.

Who will be there waiting for Edgeworth...?![Phoenix!!Yes!!!!]

Thank you every one! The next page will be a long conversation, so please be patient, sorry!^0^

The world calls it love

Superninfreak wrote:
Wait, so there ARE TRIALS!?!?!? :jazzedgy:

Uness I misinterpreted it or something :larry:

You misinterpreted. The trials discussion was referring to Gyakuten Saiban, not Gyakuten Kenji. Tuesday's translation places Perfect Prosecutor as a "deduction and adventure" game, so it sounds like you won't be arguing the case in court.

And of course, thanks for the work 火曜日, I'm way too lazy to try and read though all of that on my own. :grey:

操纵距离程度的能力

The latest game of the series <Turn About Prosecutor>
Interview of the game makers!!

[I'm sorry... I don't know how to pronounce the Japanese names, so I took the original kanji...Chinese, I mean..|||]

Here we start the interview of the game makers. The interview contains the original idea and what in the game. It's quite rich. Further more, the producer Miss 松川美苗 also told us something interesting.

Mr. 江城元秀:producer
Mr.山崎 刚:overseer
Mr. 岩元辰郎: characters' designer

Looking at the <Turn About> form another angle.
——Why a prosecutor becomes the leading role this time?

江城元秀(江城 from now on) I kept on playing the GS series and I found it very funny. Then the idea " How about take the view of this angle, make a game about prosecutor?" occurred to me. It probably was the earliest idea of the game. Then I talked "I've got the idea of the game, how do you think of it?" to producer山崎, he answered:"Not bad." The next step was making an out line of the lay out.[/color]

——You were thinking about controlling Edgeworth in the game at the moment?

江城 At first we had a lot thoughts, and one of them was if we can develop the GS system. The previous games were divided into detective parts and trail parts, and you go to many places in the detective parts, yes? So we decided to focus on "going to variety of places",try to make the characters do some walking. It's like, learning from failures over and over, and here we go.[/color]

——Quite different withe the previous games.
江城 We name the games with same main characters but different system as spin off games. It would be fun, but I thought if we take a different view angle, it would become more interesting, right? Capcom is a company in which you can challenge yourself. Now they let us make a quite different game with the previous ones in the name of famous series GS

——What did you think when you first heard the idea of the game, Mr 山崎?

山崎 刚(山崎from now on) I didn't only make the game GS, but used to play it as a fan, so I pretty love the GS universe. I thought it would be a good idea if we view the universe from another angle. Because we've already had a universe here, so I was thinking about if we can offer more and different fun.

——What did you think when you heard that the players will control Edgeworth?

山崎 The attraction of GS, I suppose, is making an animation by using the lattice pictures.[...What on earth it is?!] I think we can show a totally new style of the game by controlling the character, and see the attraction of the characters,right?
[...Hey you didn't answer the question at all! = =#]

——In other words, there will be a lot characters' animation in the game, right?

江城 We have a few different ideas about the animation, running style included. Like, how to express Edgeworth's emotion by moving the character on the screen.

岩元辰郎(岩元from now on) To me, the animation is more flowing and beautiful. We focus on if the animation looks pretty and feels good. Even the characters become small, we don't change our original mind.

操纵距离程度的能力

The most important part is how to express Edgeworth's style

——I guess there will be quite a few fans who are surprised by the running Edgeworth [/color]

江城 It's the first time for Edgeworth to run.

岩元 Edgeworth is an emotional character, so when he's in dangerous, or felling panic, he reacts as strong as possible.[........] Anyway, we did carefully on his running animation.

江城 We did try a lot. It feels like, not running for you life, but being graceful while doing effort.

岩元 And looks like walking really fast accidentally.( LOL)

——Talking about this, it's the most important part of picturing Edgeworth as a leading role.

江城 The key is how to form Edgeworth's image. I suppose the GS fans probably will notice this part, let's say, if the character we create feels like Edgeworth. We hope that we can show some part of Edgeworth which has not been described, like oops I didn't expect Edgeworth would act like this. Of course, it should be acceptable to the fans.

岩元 Let's say we don't want to be at a standstill.

江城 I think there is an Edgeworth in every fans' mind. We tried to take ours if possible, and express the character in a different way. It feels not like a departure, but a development of Edgeworth's world.

山崎 We used to learn Edgeworth from the angle of Wright, but this time we will view the world through Edgeworth's eyes. I suppose we can see a new Edgeworth image.

—— I see. By the way, care to offer the GK's time line?

江城 Around GS3, I suppose.

山崎 Edgeworth is no longer the jerk in the GS1, but the one whose mind is changing during the battle with Wright.

——Can we see more familiar GS characters in the game?

江城 The game is a kind of "fiesta game", so of course, we will join some popular characters, but we can't leak out who they are now.

岩元 Our goal is making new players feels intend to play the GS series, and previous fans have some questions like "Huh? what happened earlier?" Players will see the connection between GK and GS.

——When Mr. 岩元 was making the game, what did you particularly focus on?

岩元 Well, I think I focus on how to keep the characters design simple. If I want to draw something gorgeous,I would design the most important part, like a key, and the color. Because this time the characters move on the screen, so I think more about how to make the animation cooler and more interesting.

Fierce psychological battle and logic reasoning

——Although this time we only learned something we've already known from the previous games, but there will be new systems in the game, right?

江城 Of course. The keyword of this game is " investigating at the scenes". There must be contradictions, evidences and hints at the scenes. The players have to find this kind of stuff and present them to the characters. This is all what we can tell now. We are planning to make a game in which the players can deduce new stuff like important witness by collecting the clues. It's like "Edgeworh would come out with this conclusion, he would act like this, right?".

山崎 I think Edgeworth is quite different with Wright, what he does is doing coolest deduction. I hope we can let the players to experience the process of deduction.

江城 For sure Edgeworth can be on edge, and the "turn about" would occurred. I can't tell you how to turn about in details now, but the keyword "turn about" is still the focus point of the game, so please wait patiently. Plus, I think the fierce psychological battle of trail debate can be reappear even the circumstances has been changed. I hope I can manage to do it in the GK, we will see.

Miss 松川美苗's special testimony

Profile: Producer of GS

—— Does Mr. 巧舟 also take part in the game producing?

松川美苗(松川 from now on) No he doesn't, but he will present the "specail trail 2008"(the GS special trail 2008 contest which will be hold on 2008/4/20) and the other important activities.

——Which part of the plan you are interested in now?

松川 This time both new and old staffs of the game produce group are doing their best to challenge themselves. I really appreciate their enthusiasm of "letting the players learn the new face of GS".

——Let's take a new topic. Has the preparing work of the " Special Trail 2008" been done?

松川 Now we are working around the clock to make the animation of Special Trail(LOL). The crocheter concert is still quite far away to me. We really hope every one will see the cooperation between these two! I'm sure every one will be happy from entering the hall to being on their way home.

——What about the surprise at the concert?

松川 We will announce it to the present players. We are also going to announce the GK trailer[trailer,seriously?], which will be published in Japanese for the first time. You will see real moving Edgeworth~

The game has been made around 40% now.

[That's all, wish you enjoyed it. Thank you every one!]

Last edited by Komachi on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great translation, Tuesday 8D Just on question on the last part of the interview.

They said it would take place during GS3. Do they mean 1-3, or T&T when they say that. Its a little confusing.

操纵距离程度的能力

WhiteElephant wrote:
Great translation, Tuesday 8D Just on question on the last part of the interview.

They said it would take place during GS3. Do they mean 1-3, or T&T when they say that. Its a little confusing.

I'm sorry...they mean T&T, GS3 is a straight translation. :oops:

But if it's taking place during T&T then wouldn't it be impossible for Gumshoe to be there because Edgeworth's overseas. Would it be after then maybe :yuusaku: Don't worry if you don't know either, we'll all find out eventually if Capcom decides to be nice and translate it into English and imports it.

The world calls it love

Yeah, looking at the page itself, it definitely says "Gyakuten Saiban 3," meaning T&T.

Spoiler: T&T
I wonder, then, if this takes place before or after 3-5? We've already seen on the map that Edgeworth is running around near Phoenix's office, which means he might've actually come back from Europe early? It would seem weird to have him around so much and not have any possible allusion to it in T&T.

Retcon much? :D

操纵距离程度的能力

WhiteElephant wrote:
But if it's taking place during T&T then wouldn't it be impossible for Gumshoe to be there because Edgeworth's overseas. Would it be after then maybe :yuusaku: Don't worry if you don't know either, we'll all find out eventually if Capcom decides to be nice and translate it into English and imports it.

Well...I mean, T&T has never been a name of the original Japanese game, they call the games as Turn About Trail1,2,3,4. So if they are talking about GS3, it definitely means T&T.

Thank you very much for the translation, Tuesday!

Hmm, I thought the game was going to take place in AA1, it's nice to know that we won't be playing as Jerkworth. Hehe, the developers make a pretty big deal about being able to see him run :edgy:
Brawl number is : 2578 3028 6741

I'd imagine that it takes place just after the events of the T&T case 5, explaining why he's there and with Edgeworth too.
Izanami- A character in Japanese mythology...NOT 'I'm a Nazi' backwards.

Thanks very much for the translation ^^~
Butbut, I thought I heard that...
Croik wrote:
The article in Famitsu says that the game takes place between cases 1-3 of the first game (while he's still Jerkworth)

...?

操纵距离程度的能力

Kitties wrote:
Croik wrote:
The article in Famitsu says that the game takes place between cases 1-3 of the first game (while he's still Jerkworth)

...?

Well, I don't know...I just translated what on the magazine, so I really have no idea from where Croik got that piece of information( or she might just misunderstood something, I guess). I also read the Japanese pages, it said T&T as well.

火曜日 wrote:
Kitties wrote:
Croik wrote:

...?

Well, I don't know...I just translated what on the magazine, so I really have no idea from where Croik got that piece of information( or she might just misunderstood something, I guess). I also read the Japanese pages, it said T&T as well.

Yeah, I'm not questioning your translation - I can recognize the kanji for GS3 - but this is what I'd heard in various other places. It's just strange, is all. I suppose it would probably be funner to play as non-Jerkworth, though. (has 'Jerkworth' become our new name for early Edgey?)

操纵距离程度的能力

Kitties wrote:
Yeah, I'm not questioning your translation - I can recognize the kanji for GS3 - but this is what I'd heard in various other places. It's just strange, is all. I suppose it would probably be funner to play as non-Jerkworth, though. (has 'Jerkworth' become our new name for early Edgey?)

I know, I know, actually I was also confused at first.Image

Hey, jerkworth is a good name~XD

Super Ace Attorney

"Plus, I think the fierce psychological battle of trail debate can be reappear even the circumstances has been changed. I hope I can manage to do it in the GK, we will see."
:draw: :gant: :jazzedgy: :larry2: :keiko:

Hopefully this means there will be trials.

Maybe it's "New Turnabout Not Trial" because it's called Turnabout Prosocutor, not Tunabout Trial *insert number*.

Or am I reaching? :larry:
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

操纵距离程度的能力

Superninfreak wrote:
"Plus, I think the fierce psychological battle of trail debate can be reappear even the circumstances has been changed. I hope I can manage to do it in the GK, we will see."
:draw: :gant: :jazzedgy: :larry2: :keiko:

Hopefully this means there will be trials.

Maybe it's "New Turnabout Not Trial" because it's called Turnabout Prosocutor, not Tunabout Trial *insert number*.

Or am I reaching? :larry:

It's exactly what I think.> <

But I'm just guessing... :larry:

Super Ace Attorney

If there are no trials, I hope that they never give the name of the person who made that decision...for their sake...

I wouldn't be able to control myself..
Spoiler: 2-4
:evil:

:larry:
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

Last edited by Superninfreak on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

^ Ji Hye Jang

"Plus, I think the fierce psychological battle of trail debate can be reappear even the circumstances has been changed."

I interpreted this to mean that even though it's under different circumstances(ie: outside of a courtroom), the psychological battle of finding contradictions and stuff will be in the game too.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

Super Ace Attorney

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
"Plus, I think the fierce psychological battle of trail debate can be reappear even the circumstances has been changed."

I interpreted this to mean that even though it's under different circumstances(ie: outside of a courtroom), the psychological battle of finding contradictions and stuff will be in the game too.

:pizza:
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

So we'll get a new trailer and a surprise at the Gyakuten Orchestra show? Someone from here better be going. :yuusaku:

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

What I'm seeing here.

1. It will be taking place sometime after Edgeworth is cool, and it IS possible to be after 3-5 (After all, there are 7 years of gap there, he could pop in any time) I only see this as the most likely time since he's overseas for a good amount of time in PW 2 and 3

2. Chances are, there will be little to nothing in the way of trials, but plenty in the way of showing Evidence and messing with people's heads, somewhat like the Psyche-lock sessions in PW, to me, this means that Edgeworth's Goal will probably be to gather all the evidence in one court day, but I still believe we will see him in court, though it might be in Cutscene form.

3. The Edgeworth Sprite walking around will be very expressive, to the point that we'll be able to see if Edgeworth is feeling panicked, which of course brings to mind the question, Will there be points in the game where Edgeworth actually had to run away from someone trying to kill him ?(Or rabid Fangirls trying to rape him?)
Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

Zeon Twilight wrote:
Will there be points in the game where Edgeworth actually had to run away from someone trying to kill him ?(Or rabid Fangirls trying to rape him?)

Wendy Oldbag.

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

.Storm Parakaitz wrote:
Zeon Twilight wrote:
Will there be points in the game where Edgeworth actually had to run away from someone trying to kill him ?(Or rabid Fangirls trying to rape him?)

Wendy Oldbag.

There's going to be a WarioWare style minigame where you have to dodge Oldbag's raygun. Seriously.

an awesome avvy by my best friend Harumi

Thank you Tuesday!

Made by the fabulous Vickinator!

I wanna study YOUR beauty

Writer Awakened wrote:
.Storm Parakaitz wrote:
Zeon Twilight wrote:

Wendy Oldbag.

There's going to be a WarioWare style minigame where you have to dodge Oldbag's raygun. Seriously.

Then this really will be the best game ever made.

Lolwut?

*ratatataratata!* :raygun:
Too lazy... hur hur.

Diamond Dust

Thank you Tuesday :)
I am matter. I am antimatter. I can see your past. I can see your future. I consume time. And I will consume you.

.: Of Fake Fairytales and Faux Amour :.

thank you Tuesday! :jazzedgy:

I'm so excited, lol.

Sushi will kill you!

Thank you so much, Tuesday! :gant:

Superficial Narcissist

Bah, I'd rather play as Jerkworth. :edgeworth:

Ah well~...

Quote:
The game is a kind of "fiesta game", so of course, we will join some popular characters, but we can't leak out who they are now.

I'm really hoping this just doesn't mean, "Phoenix, Franziska, and Maya will show up". =.=

Crack boursier chez les Ewoks!

Thank you, sis!
You're the best :butzthumbs:
Page 1 of 2 [ 66 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby