Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 3 of 4[ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Maya or TrucyTopic%20Title

Maya. A lot of the above posters already summed up a variety of reasons why Maya>Trucy for them, and many are true for me, as well. I just found Trucy kind of bland in comparison. I didn't think she was funny at all, and I thought Maya was very funny at times (it also helps that one of my close friends acts JUST like Maya). I didn't think Trucy was BAD at all, I was actually surprised by how positively I ended up viewing her, but she didn't come close to Maya.
Also affecting my decision is the fact that I didn't care that Maya always got captured and accused of murder and that I didn't think Trucy was cute, or that Mr. Hat or Magic Panties were particularly entertaining (at least not for the PW universe).

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Maya. Maya. A thousand times, Maya.

Trucy's cute. And... that's it. She's a flat, undeveloped character who doesn't change at all over the course of the game or act like anything other than a cute magician-shaped cardboard cutout who pops in for a one-liner and pops out. Plus, her stunts in 4-3 and 4-2 with "No I won't tell you how the trick was done even though I know BECUZ I M MAJISHUN" and the Mr Hat BS respectively... ugh, really rub me the wrong way.

Maya, in her first game, got twenty times the character development and personality Trucy does. The scene where Maya listens to Mia's message and cries is more characterization than Trucy shows in the entire fourth game >_>
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

ジェジュン大好き!!

I more like maya than trucy

I think I prefer Trucy, generally. I like the fact that she actually knows what she's doing on occasion. I'll admit Maya did have a couple of really sparkling moments (I mean, it was her who figured out who the DL-6 killer was, not Phoenix), but I still usually like Trucy better. I know Maya displayed more emotion, but

Spoiler: 4-4 SPOILERS
I think it makes sense for Trucy to seem unaffected by her various hardships. I get the impression that it's a Gramarye thing. Look at Valant - you'd never know from your encounter with him in case 3 that far from the silly, conceited ham he appears to be, he's actually painfully aware of his own unworthiness, both as a magician and as a man. Maybe it's just because I like the irony of the idea, but it seems to me that the magicians' normal personas probably all conceal a rather tortured soul, hidden just behind the curtain of illusions.

And I like Mr. Hat.

machinimator

Salutation Here wrote:
I think I prefer Trucy, generally. I like the fact that she actually knows what she's doing on occasion. I'll admit Maya did have a couple of really sparkling moments (I mean, it was her who figured out who the DL-6 killer was, not Phoenix), but I still usually like Trucy better. I know Maya displayed more emotion, but

Spoiler: 4-4 SPOILERS
I think it makes sense for Trucy to seem unaffected by her various hardships. I get the impression that it's a Gramarye thing. Look at Valant - you'd never know from your encounter with him in case 3 that far from the silly, conceited ham he appears to be, he's actually painfully aware of his own unworthiness, both as a magician and as a man. Maybe it's just because I like the irony of the idea, but it seems to me that the magicians' normal personas probably all conceal a rather tortured soul, hidden just behind the curtain of illusions.

And I like Mr. Hat.

That's very possible. Thing is, even if it makes sense...it's not my thing because I love overdramatizing; I want every emotional and serious character reaction maximized.
Spoiler: 1-5
I'm the sort of person that would've really liked to see Lana get completely torn up as more and more proof of Ema's guilt is shown. Heck, I have "overdramatized" versions of most of the case's endings in my heads...but chances are only I would like them.

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

an awesome avvy by my best friend Harumi

Could you post some of the overdramatized endings?

Made by the fabulous Vickinator!

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Maya. Maya. A thousand times, Maya.

Trucy's cute. And... that's it. She's a flat, undeveloped character who doesn't change at all over the course of the game or act like anything other than a cute magician-shaped cardboard cutout who pops in for a one-liner and pops out. Plus, her stunts in 4-3 and 4-2 with "No I won't tell you how the trick was done even though I know BECUZ I M MAJISHUN" and the Mr Hat BS respectively... ugh, really rub me the wrong way.

Maya, in her first game, got twenty times the character development and personality Trucy does. The scene where Maya listens to Mia's message and cries is more characterization than Trucy shows in the entire fourth game >_>

Agreed!! Trucy's got nothing on Maya, especially if you just compare them in their first games! Maya does say quite similar throughout the games, but she developes in the first way more than Trucy has.

Sarah733 wrote:
Now I'm thinking about what would happen if Maya was Apollo's assistant. :ema-shock: They'd never figure out anything!

Maya: [*Sob*. Nick died like those stupid rumours in GS5. So I was so broken I came to help Apollo, but it's making me miss him more..] So, the trial is tomorrow. Do we know who the murderer was yet?
Apollo: Um, I'm fine!
Maya: What?
Apollo: I couldn't get into the crime scene
Maya: WHAT! Why not?
Apollo: Ema was so mad I let Mr Wright die she wouldn't let me in. I tried to tell her you were with me, but she didn't believe me.
Maya: Where was I?
Apollo: You um, rushed off to that burger stand.
Maya: Fine. Let's just break into the crime scene!
Apollo: But it says "No Entry". And there's a fence.
Maya: Oh whatever, get a ladder. Or is it a stepladder?
Apollo: *freaks*

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTT

[Ooops. electrified fence. Apollo's Demonic Horns appear to attract electricity like a lighteningrod.]

Maya: *sigh* The trial's in an hour, Apollo! Do you have evidence?
Apollo: *crackle* no
Maya: *sigh* Do I have to channel Nick again ?
Apollo: *sigh* I guess so

I like Maya better.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

>__<

Icer, that was awesome! It made LOL XD

I like Maya better too.

But what would Maya look like if he channeled Nick?
異議あり!Phoenix - Maya <3

GRAVY ROAST!

I vote Trucy because of her actually useful ideas.

:minuki: Oh, no! Polly's in trouble! I need to do something! I know! I'll think up, on the spot, a fake kidnapping plot! Nobody'll ever suspect it, it's foolproof, and it'll scare the pants off of Polly and the judge!

:maya: Oh, no! Nick's in trouble... I'll go get Mia... nah, I think I'll eat a hamburger instead. I'll just tell Nick some BS about my powers not working.
IT'S CALVINBALL!!!

Phear my calvinball mask.

machinimator

icer wrote:
Sarah733 wrote:
Now I'm thinking about what would happen if Maya was Apollo's assistant. :ema-shock: They'd never figure out anything!

Maya: [*Sob*. Nick died like those stupid rumours in GS5. So I was so broken I came to help Apollo, but it's making me miss him more..] So, the trial is tomorrow. Do we know who the murderer was yet?
Apollo: Um, I'm fine!
Maya: What?
Apollo: I couldn't get into the crime scene
Maya: WHAT! Why not?
Apollo: Ema was so mad I let Mr Wright die she wouldn't let me in. I tried to tell her you were with me, but she didn't believe me.
Maya: Where was I?
Apollo: You um, rushed off to that burger stand.
Maya: Fine. Let's just break into the crime scene!
Apollo: But it says "No Entry". And there's a fence.
Maya: Oh whatever, get a ladder. Or is it a stepladder?
Apollo: *freaks*

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTT

[Ooops. electrified fence. Apollo's Demonic Horns appear to attract electricity like a lighteningrod.]

Maya: *sigh* The trial's in an hour, Apollo! Do you have evidence?
Apollo: *crackle* no
Maya: *sigh* Do I have to channel Nick again ?
Apollo: *sigh* I guess so

I like Maya better.

:hobohodo: Hey.
:odoroki: ...Hey.
:hobohodo: Apollo?
:odoroki: Yeah?
:hobohodo: Why am I wearing a dress?
:odoroki: Um.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

I OWN DEEZ HEAR INTERNETZ

Well, for the record, I'd like to say that a total character change isn't development. That's just denying your character, and it makes the audience gnash their teeth. Just because Maya stays basically the same throughout the three games, that's not a horrible thing. She has conflicts that she deals with in her own way. For instance, if Maya suddenly became a completely serious type of person who knows more about the law than Phoenix, would that work? No.

I hope for Trucy to develop in the same way as things go on, but I doubt I'll ever like her as much/more than Maya. That's where I stand on it, at least.
"Lord what fools these mortals be."
-Puck

oboewan wrote:
I vote Trucy because of her actually useful ideas.

:minuki: Oh, no! Polly's in trouble! I need to do something! I know! I'll think up, on the spot, a fake kidnapping plot! Nobody'll ever suspect it, it's foolproof, and it'll scare the pants off of Polly and the judge!

:maya: Oh, no! Nick's in trouble... I'll go get Mia... nah, I think I'll eat a hamburger instead. I'll just tell Nick some BS about my powers not working.

Now I have to object to this assessment. When did Maya ever run off to eat a burger onscreen instead of helping Phoenix? This is what the real comparison was.

4-2
Oh no, Polly can't figure this out. I'll think up a fake kidnapping, it will be like one of my magic shows. Probably nobody will suspect so we won't get into trouble. [Not much personal risk here.] Well, at least I'm more creative than poor Polly.

1-4
Oh no! Nick's in trouble, Edgeworth [who I previously thought was a jerk] is in danger! I tried to channel Mia but I couldn't so I'll have to sacrifice myself. I *know* I'll get arrested for being in contempt of court and even sent to jail. I'm scared but I'll do it to save Nick and Edgeworth!

von Karma's going to electrocute Nick! And he took the evidence! I have to try and get it! I have to, even though I'll be electrocuted. [grabs bullet]
ZZZZZZZZZZZZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

♪ YOUR AFFECTION~! YOUR AFFECTION~! ♪

Maya's fun to mess with, but Trucy helped Apollo along way too much. Trucy, outside of court that is.
BACK, BABY!

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

Haha, this thread is making a Turnabout! The Maya Fans are finally showing up to the party!

Like Icer mentioned above, I like Maya's sometimes dangerous disregard for her own safty (It matches Phoenix's personal disreguard for his own safety when it comes to her) when it comes to helping Nick out. Trucy usually just played dirty tricks if she directly helped out Apollo. And I don't see her caring enough to actually put her hide on the line for him like Maya did multiple times. At least not from what I've seen of her so far.
Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.

Although Trucy is smarter than Maya, i think that she helped too much. The fact that Maya is often clueless makes the whole thing more harder and entertaining.

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

Silver_springs wrote:
Although Trucy is smarter than Maya, i think that she helped too much. The fact that Maya is often clueless makes the whole thing more harder and entertaining.

Also true, I mentioned it a bit in my first post, but I'll add that her being smarter doesn't make her more useful.

She can be a mean little lady when it comes to info hoarding when she knows something for sure. Whereas Maya was usually behind Phoenix 100% (Well, except when she hid under the desk in fear of the tiger...)
Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.

Quote:
Maya was usually behind Phoenix 100% (Well, except when she hid under the desk in fear of the tiger...)
Silver_springs wrote:

Also true, I mentioned it a bit in my first post, but I'll add that her being smarter doesn't make her more useful.

She can be a mean little lady when it comes to info hoarding when she knows something for sure. Whereas Maya was usually behind Phoenix 100% (Well, except when she hid under the desk in fear of the tiger...)

I'm sure that Trucy would hide from a tiger too, probably behind Apollo's devil horns.

True love is forever.

Zeon Twilight wrote:
Haha, this thread is making a Turnabout! The Maya Fans are finally showing up to the party!

Like Icer mentioned above, I like Maya's sometimes dangerous disregard for her own safty (It matches Phoenix's personal disreguard for his own safety when it comes to her) when it comes to helping Nick out. Trucy usually just played dirty tricks if she directly helped out Apollo. And I don't see her caring enough to actually put her hide on the line for him like Maya did multiple times. At least not from what I've seen of her so far.

Had Klavier chosen to press the issue, Trucy would have ended up in the same situation as Maya in 1-4. In both situations, their lawyer partner could have gotten into trouble for their actions, but both could have covered for them as well by speaking up. Trucy even comments that she was pretty sure Klavier was on to her trick based on what he said, but Klavier chose to leave the issue alone. We never get to see Trucy's decision on that front because Klavier chooses not to press the issue which says more about him then Trucy. Trucy constantly speaks up in Apollo's defense and actually manages to help which is more then Maya just calling out and leaving the real work to Phoenix. You also have to consider the fact that Trucy dearly needed to talk to Apollo which isn't something Maya needed to do in either situation where she speaks up as she had little to offer in the way of help. In 1-4, she yells out and hopes that something will happen, but Lotta could easily have kept her mouth shut and then they would have gotten in trouble for nothing. In 2-3, she calls out to stop the trial, but offers no help to Phoenix after putting him on the spot like she had just done. In 4-2, Trucy knows that her power can help (she can see the tic after all) and she's aware that Apollo has the same power, but she doesn't have a chance to tell him what he needs to do so she creates some time. She couldn't simply have told him there in court unless she wanted to get the judge angry at them for excessive talking and likely bring down a guilty verdict on Wocky (which he was already about to do anyway and wouldn't have needed much urging). Perhaps we should not turn this into a bash either character topic. Preferences can be stated without bashing.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Well, I'll say it. Trucy is more one-dimensional than Maya. She's not really just a bubbly cardboard cutout, but that's the only side of herself she shows to Apollo and hence, usually, us. Also, she has to overly compensate for Apollo's relative incompetence [especially in investigations] compared to Phoenix in the games. I kept wishing the game was about Trucy with Apollo as her sidekick. And it's not so much like she's Apollo's friend, as she's an extension of Phoenix's mentoring in Phoenix's absence.

There was a lot more point, plotwise, to Maya than her just being your sidekick, with her being such a key player in the whole Kurain Master overarching plot, even as early as game 1. And channelling Mia was a lot more interesting and useful than Trucy's magic tricks were for the plot, though they were interesting enough, it wouldn't have been significantly different if Trucy and family were something other than magicians.

Also, I considered Phoenix and Maya's mutual interactions much more interesting and enjoyable [way before I ever comprehended shipping the pairing]. Trucy's observations are fun, but there isn't the same interest to the dynamic between her and Apollo.

Some people complain about Maya being immature - well that's why she left at the end of 1-4 determined to become an adult and come back and help Phoenix.

It's interesting how closely they have paralleled Trucy and Maya's family backgrounds, which are both pretty sad.
-Father dies/Mother 'dies' at young age
-Mother disappears, relatively abandoning daughter/father disappears not caring about daughter, at young age
-After Mia leaves, Brought up by aunt, who wanted her dead, probably not the kindest upbringing, bet she rubbed in the ostracism of mother and 'not good enough' attitudes / Zak Gramarye is a jerk and probably wasn't best father
-Thankfully had Mia, though she was away, finally met Phoenix at 17. Aunt tries to murder her repeatedly / Gets adopted by Phoenix at 8. Better life starts.

They both have dealt with this relatively admirably but the strategies are different.

Maya: Seems very driven to help and cheer up others. She's Phoenix's emotional support, even if it's platonic. She's genuine and will not overly obstruct her emotions except to try and avoid undue pain to others. For example, putting on a brave face for Pearl in 3-5 because she knew Pearl was blaming herself for the whole situation. Note she loses the act and shows her true despondency to Phoenix when Pearl turns out to have disappeared after the trial.
This part of 1-2 was interesting:
Spoiler: 1-2
Will you defend Maya? Choose:
***Sorry, not a chance**********************
* -Phoenix
* (Maybe if I joke a bit
* she'll cheer up...)
* -Phoenix
* Hah hah!
* No way, Jose!
* -Phoenix
* Just kidding...
* -Maya
* -Maya
* -Maya
* -Phoenix
* (Eh heh. Whoops.
* That didn't go so well.)
* -Maya
* ...Heh...
* -Phoenix
* Huh?
* -Phoenix
* M-Maya...?
* -Phoenix
* Was that a... chuckle?
* -Maya
* What?
* -Maya
* N-no!
* -Maya
* -Maya
* It wasn't very
* believable, was it?
* -Phoenix
* (Not really...)
* -Maya
* I-I'm sorry!
* -Maya
* I just thought, since
* you'd made a joke...
* -Maya
* Please, don't mind me!
* You're doing just fine!
* -Phoenix
* (Who's trying to
* cheer up who here!?)
* -Maya
* -Maya
* I knew it.
* -Maya
* No one will believe me.
* -Phoenix
* What?
* -Maya
* Even you--when you found me
* in the office. You looked at
* me like I had done it!

She's quite self-sacrificial and was even demanding Phoenix get the guilty verdict for Engarde in 2-4 over saving her life.

Trucy: Shows her bubbly performance face. Always. We are told she reveals her true emotions to Phoenix sometimes, but not to Apollo, seemingly. A cryptic pair. I feel for her, I really do, and I hope this repression isn't going to explode in a later game because that would be sad.

True love is forever.

To be fair though, you're comparing a character with three games worth of development to a character who hasn't had that same opportunity which seems more then slightly unfair to me. The issues of Kurain actually don't really come into the games until the second one when Morgan and Pearl are first introduced. The second case in the first game got a brief mention of Kurain with Maya's mother and then we see a bit more with Maya's mother and her tie to DL-6 in the fourth case (and really it mostly comes down to her mother being missing rather then actually going into the huge succession problems that then become the focus of the next two games), but we don't truly get to see how disfunctional the family is until a lot later. The focus is certainly not on Maya's family in the first game which treats it as more of a side note. We actually get more on Trucy's family issues then we do Maya's in their respective first games and we still have two games worth of development to go for Trucy. And actually, a part that annoyed me about Maya is that she was most useful when channeling Mia. She was there to channel Mia for the most part, while Trucy could help in her own right. Maya was great, but I won't deny that she annoyed me at times.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

I OWN DEEZ HEAR INTERNETZ

I take great exception to that... I'd say that Maya had better development in the first game than Trucy did in her first game. There's no arguing that. That's because there were no characters who Trucy really connected with. On a superficial level, but not like Maya's dynamic with Gumshoe. In fact, she didn't even connect with Apollo all that well. We don't know where Trucy's going to stand in three games, but just comparing the first game of PW:AA, I'd still have Maya winning. Because I'm not at all biased, of course. :jake:
"Lord what fools these mortals be."
-Puck

True love is forever.

yoshi927 wrote:
I take great exception to that... I'd say that Maya had better development in the first game than Trucy did in her first game. There's no arguing that. That's because there were no characters who Trucy really connected with. On a superficial level, but not like Maya's dynamic with Gumshoe. In fact, she didn't even connect with Apollo all that well. We don't know where Trucy's going to stand in three games, but just comparing the first game of PW:AA, I'd still have Maya winning. Because I'm not at all biased, of course. :jake:

Maya's dynamic with Gumshoe? I honestly didn't think she had much of one with him. She gets annoyed at him briefly in 1-3 plus a couple other small instances where they meet but nothing big, communicates with him a couple times in 1-4, and then has no further contact with him. Trucy connects on a deep level with her adoptive father whom she clearly adores, connects with Apollo on a similar level to Phoenix with Maya (not the same as the dynamic is subtly different because of different character personalities), and has far more of a connection with Ema then Maya ever had with Gumshoe in my opinion. Trucy and Ema bounce each other personality wise and even join forces to tease Apollo in a couple of places. I'll grant you that there is no great emotional bond between them by the end of the game, but I wouldn't say that there was one between Maya and Gumshoe either unless you count friendship which Ema and Trucy do have by the end of the game. I certainly don't mind you preferring Maya for any reason, but I will admit that I don't see your point there. I've never heard anyone make that claim before, but you're certainly entitled to you opinion. Oh well. I'd rather not see this turn into a character bashing war if it can be helped. We can politely agree to disagree and all can be good in the world. :) We've both already given our responses to the question asked in the first post and explained our answers, so I think we should leave it at that and let others state their opinions.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

WEEEEE

i think maya is more usefull but i like trucy too

I like cute things

Maya :maya:

People call her immature but what immature person could still be strong after her sister dies, her mother's missing and her father's gone? Then she finds out that her last remaining family (morgan) is plotting to kill her. Trucy has lost her mother and father, but she's got Nick, who takes care of her and loves her like a real daughter. Maya has no-one. She's the one that has to be strong for Pearl, yet there's no-one to be stong for her.She's also a lot funnier, IMO. I hardly got a chuckle from Trucy, while I was LMAO from start to finish with Maya. Most things with Trucy somehow drag in an unfunny bit of magic.

Somehow, I think that Apollo keeps Trucy around mainly because she's Phoenix's daughter and she's useful (I'm not denying this fact) but Phoenix seems to keep Maya around not only because she's Mia's sister, but because he enjoys working with her. He could easily turn Maya away if he'd wanted to, but he didn't. He obviously cares for her if he's willing to cross a burning bridge for her, even with his fear of heights.

Another point about Maya is her unselfishness. How she puts herself on the line to save somebody else. I was amazed when she jumped in front of Nick to stop him from getting tazered, and got the evidence to save the case. I can't ever remember Trucy risking her safety like that. She even yelled in a courtroom to save Edgeworth: almost a stranger who she hardly knew, and she didn't let Phoenix take the blame for it, instead she took full responsibility for her actions, and because of that, Edgey isn't spending his time locked up in jail. I happen to think that Maya is VERY useful, and apparantly, so does Phoenix.

Oh, and one more thing: I'm wondering if Trucy would have so many fans if she had less cute sprites. My instincts tell me no.
Pocky is love!

:cookie: :kyouya: x :sassy:
:cookie: :maya: x :phoenix:
:cookie: :mia: x :godot:

:cookie: =D

<3 <3 <3

I'm putting my two cents in here. I have not ACTUALLY played GS4 yet (it's 25 dollars used, and I had to buy the other two first...@_@), but: Maya.

Why? Because she seems a lot more loyal to Nick and the defendants than Trucy--who seems more allied with other magicians.

When Maya's kidnapped, she tells Nick to get the client guilty, anyway. She gets tasered and arrested at different points in time to allow Nick to carry on. Trucy, however...would allow the defendant to be guilty because of a "magic code" or whatever.

Also, her knowing everything would be pretty damn annoying.

-flies away-

EDIT: I also don't ship any Maya pairing. Or Trucy. Zero bias there.
Igiari! 2025 is a brand new literate Phoenix Wright roleplay forum, aking place on a retconned timeline with characters from PW and AJ. We need YOU!

Why choose when you can have both :D

Maya is my overall favourite character though so I would probably have to say her. But on the other hand, Trucy is so cute in her role as Phoenix daughter you almost get cavities and ApolloxTrucy is my OTP.... Though choice.

I think Trucy would win a cuteness contest but Maya have miles and miles more character and I admire her as a character far more than Trucy.

Maya is better, but I like Trucy, too.

1000% Knight

Maya, all the way.

Spirit Channeling and Mia > Magic Tricks and Mr. Hat any day.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The New Guy

When your options are between 'cute' and useful v. 'cute' and not-so-useful, you have to go with the useful one.

Which is terribly selfish, but honest, way of looking at things.

Trucy.

Property of Big Corporate Things Inc.

I say Trucy, definetely, no doubt. I've read all the pro-Maya arguements, but they
just fail to convince me. And so what if Trucy is cute, adorable, and ABSOLUTELY
lovable? There's more than enough other reasons why I love her.

First of all, I'd like to say that all the people who say Maya is a much deeper
and more developed character are wrong. Trucy is definately not a shallow
character. Sure, you would think so, but then you'd only be looking at the
surface. A person's inner development, their deeper feelings... Psychology
is not something that's supposed to be thrown smack in your face. "Yep, that
what I feel like really, really deep inside. Ayup." And that's something that
was off about Maya. If you would look past the surface, you would find Trucy
to be a really complex person inside - but all in all she's still a person. And
that's something I can't say about Maya, really. When interacting with Trucy,
and observing her, I found that she really feels like a 15 year old girl. And
I'll be damned if I find any 17-19 year old girl like Maya. Sure, people are
unique... But they're still boy or girl - adult, teen or child... And nothing
can change that. Trucy is just as much (if not more) of a character than
Maya is; but more like in reality it's not served to you on a silver platter.

Second, to everyone who's complaining that Trucy keeps information to herself
at the cost of Apollo. (Mainly referring to case 3) Sure she doesn't tell him even
though she knows it's important; but that clearly shows one single thing:
Unlike all the people here saying Apollo's just stupid, she actually trusts him.
She puts her faither in him, knowing he can solve the case one his own, without
her help. She respects his pride as a lawyer. But at the same time - she remains
loyal to her beliefs, to the magician's code. She is a magician, and nothing's
going to change that. And she follows this with pride. I have yet to see Maya
showing such determination for her spirit channeling. (don't quote me on that,
I know, friggin cold waterfalls and all)

Third, I'd like to say that people look too much for the relationship between her
and the 'main character'. Sure, it might not be as interesting as Phoenix/Maya
in some people's eyes, (I personally think it's much more interesting, but there's
no use in debating on that point) but there's much more to a character than their
ralationship to the spiky haired protagonist. I, for one, find Trucy's relationship
to Phoenix to be truly fascinating. Not only the fact that our beloved ace attorney
is now a huggable hobo, but having an adopted daughter is just such a beautiful
future for the predecessor. (It makes meh feel all fuzzy inside :3) And I like how
she's subtly taken over a few personality traits from him. (Step-ladders anyone?)
I've seen some people here say it's just a cheap way of making her replace
phoenix's mentoring when he's not around, but I could turn that right around in
your face trice as hard with the spirit-channeling. ;)

Fourth, I say argueming that Trucy is worse because she doesn't get herself
in a life-threatening and traumatizing situation and is therefore a more
shalow character is just cowardly. I condemn those who'd want a 15 year
old girl in danger! >:(

Spoiler: Fifth (Spoilers)
Then there's one last thing. Lots of people say Maya is better
because there is romantic chemistry between them, and Trucy/Apollo just can't
happen because it's incest and incest is wrong! Now personally, I really
like the pairing, and I'd like to say that I think it's wrong to discriminate and bias
against all things incest. I mean, what is incest? It's illegal because the government
wants to protect us, and because it's usually the cause of DNA degeneration.
But that first reason; it's only to prevent father/daughter abuse and the like.
If two people really love each other, then why not let them? Do we need to lynch
them because of how close in blood they were born? And then of course the DNA
degeneration. It is true that if two people of similar DNA have a baby, that DNA
will likely have the bad parts greatened because of it - but that's all it is.
And of course, this is only if they reproduce. And why wouldn't love be
possible without sexual intercourse? I mean, gays go on with only outercourse.
But then another question comes to mind: What is love? (no cultural reference
intended) And trust me, it's a rocky road from there so I'd rather not dwell
any further.

Last I'd like to say sorry to those who it bothers, 'cuz I know this thread is old and
has been just recently bumped. But not by me. :phoenix:

1000% Knight

Rookie wrote:
When your options are between 'cute' and useful v. 'cute' and not-so-useful, you have to go with the useful one.

Trucy.

Yep, Maya wasn't helpful at all. It's not like she channeled Mia who bailed you out in almost every case.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The New Guy

Bad Player wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Trucy.

Yep, Maya wasn't helpful at all. It's not like she channeled Mia who bailed you out in almost every case.

Yeah, I know she did that, and I hated it. Deux Ex Machina gets a tired tiresome.

Surf's Up!

Maya, because she's more helpful than Trucy (and is less annoying!)

-Turkish Proverb

Maya, for the reasons stated here. I don't believe the immature argument about her. If you ask me, she's like baklava (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baklava). She's got many layers, some we never get to see, but on the whole she's very sweet and nut--(gets shot before they can finish their sentence).

I think Trucy can only be taken at face value, and that's exactly why people love her; she's appealing to the eyes. For those of us who actually, you know, look for human qualities and flaws in someone Maya is a much better source for that.
kristoff r ebil. ph33r h1m. Ava by Vickinator.

Ready to RAWK!?

Maya, I liked... And there is still more room to go with her... HOWEVER, for both Trucy and Maya, their Fathers can be brought up in the PW Story still... since neither were explained... it'd just be to tie up loose ends though, ones that don't NEED to be tied up, to be honest...

I liked Trucy as well, but I prefered Maya, to be brutally honest...
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

I think I already posted in this thread, but for me, it's like this: I like Trucy, she's cute. But I LOVE Maya, she's adorable.
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

No reason to be excited

Maya, obviously. There's just something about a new agey cultist/spiritist that pulls me in.

Edgeworth fangirl :3

I can't choose. They're both good at their own way... It's hard to choose between them...
Don't have any good signs..

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Beat that.
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread
Page 3 of 4 [ 143 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)