Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 4 of 5[ 173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: 'Inform the Truth' - The Ace Attorney Music ProjectTopic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Ok? We need lots of them :3 The only thing I disliked about cadenza is that most of the tracks repeated themselves. I'd like ours to be like Gyakuten meets Orchestra and do variations :)

Today's special: Lawyer

hm the steel samurai midi won't play on my computer.
As for a band name, i'll try to think of some good ones. Maybe..
Turnabout Tempo?

Eagles...on pogo sticks!

Gerkuman wrote:
We certainly need a violaist psychonautical And on the subject of the polka...

I was thinking of doing a sekret track with a polka medley. :F Blame Weird Al for making me want to do this :F

Well then, I would love to help out! But first I need to check and see if my current microphone is adequate for the job...I'll keep you posted.
Oh, and btw, I think a polka track would be awesome Edgy

Polka would be awesome.
Oh! Oh! Name idea!
Turnabout Band.

Okay, I'll have a mess around, but man, I REALLY need to hear from the guitarists... I'm wondering if maybe I should just send them the sheet music and ask "Can you play this?"

I'm going to put up a first post on the LJ comm today. Also, re Jake's theme, I'm taking that as meaning you want the whole theme biffed up and embellished? I could put in some snare drum rolls and things like that to give it a bit of a march... hey, how about that, how about I rearrange it as a marching band style thing? I'm sure our brass players would have a field day with it XD

So current arrangements:

Steel Samurai Rock - I'll send the current sheet music to the guitarists to check that they can play it before I start composing an original section for this.
Objection Samba
Jake Marshall Wild West March - I'll get started this weekend! :D *bounce*
Turnabout Sisters Queen Ballad
Sekrit Polka Track (I love Weird Al - I approve! It'll be crack XD)

a jake's theme march would be great! (even though playing clarinet in marching band is next to pointless because you can't hear us ^^;)
I wonder if i could convince my band director to play it for this year's season lol

sorry, computer messed up and posted 3 times Payne

Last edited by ItaniMajere on Sat May 26, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorry, computer messed up and posted 3 times Payne

Last edited by ItaniMajere on Sat May 26, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wellll, I saw this on LJ and thought I could join in. (most of this is copied directly from my Lj comment on the community XD)

I play Piano (10 years, Grade level 5ish), Flute (5 years, Grade 4ish), Percussion (1.5 years. About Grade 5ish) and Electric Guitar (1 year, about Grade 1~2).

Note about my Percussion skills, I'm mainly a concert percussionist. So that means little kit experience. If your absolutely desperate for a percussionist, I could try something. I'm not confident in my abilities, so if someone more qualified comes by, by all means let them play.

For guitar, I'm mainly interested in Rhythm Guitar, I don't have the technical ability to play lead quite yet. I'm a very fast learner, so if I keep up my practice, I'll be able to play much more difficult music in a month or so.

There's a tone of flautists, so I won't be hurt if I don't get a chance to play that particular instrument.

I hope I could be of some help.

Say what now, pal?

Okay, just posting to say, I've gotten my hands on a mic. All I need to do now is record a sample.

Is it okay if I just do some scales? Or do you want us to play a full out piece?

Oh, and, this isn't important or anything. but I also have a lj account, in case you need to contact me by other means. lj account

Play a piece if you want, or scales should be fine (right?) I still haven't recorded mine yet 'cause I need to practice a LOT to play anything without it sounding awful :sadshoe:

EDIT:

Okay, I've signed up a few people via LJ - Morinzillion has access to a LOT of percussion instruments so yay for that. Another LJ user called Sarah of Croydon has offered a whole bunch of woodwind instruments from oboes to bagpipes to didjeridoos, so signed her up too XD And another pianist named sterlingsylver. Busy busy!

Also shadowednavi has just said that they can't do any recordings over the summer due to camps and the like, so the sooner we get these arrangements finished the better, I think... :gumshoe:

Which one are you going to start with? Aside from the Steel Samurai I mean.
Band name: Turnabout in Time? Turnabout Rhythm? Turnabout Meter? (like 4/4, 3/4....) Turnabout and go back to the 42nd measure? (I'll stop now. ^^;)
Also, once we have a name picked I'd be willing to make a banner!

I play the Violin, and I would be willing to contribute to the project.

I have played for about 9 years (Grade Level: AMusA - that is an Australian grade thing - I don't know the equivalent though.)

My MSN is: mailto:lincoln174@hotmail.com

If you have any music or anything you can send, I would be happy to play it.

What is my liiiife?!?

Wowzas, thats a lotta (:lotta:) people :D The sekret polka will be a medley of some of the games songs :3

Well, Jakes theme is marching band-ish but a better way of saying it is 'epic' :) I'll send you the MP3 of the Magnificent 7 theme to show what I was thinking of Maz

Send it me - inspiration is always handy ^_^

Change the Objection to just a regular latin-feel. It's coming along veeery slowly, and unfortunately, I won't have another chance to work on it for another week and a half. I'm about a third of the way done with the midi, and then I have to make sure the sheet music looks good...

So far, it's going to require:
1 Drummer
1 Alto Sax
1 Tenor Sax
1 Flute
1 Bassist
1 Piano
2 Trumpets

I'll probably go ahead and play bass on it, and I think I'm going to give my boyfriend the first trumpet part - I'm actually writing it specifically for his range. I'll try and finish it ASAP, and be sure to keep in mind that it's a straight Latin feel - no more Samba (it just didn't work out).

If you send me the midi when you're done I can tidy up the sheet music for you if it'll save you some time.

Also, from what I recall, we don't actually have a tenor sax player... we do have someone who plays soprano sax though. Looking forward to hearing it - good luck with finishing it off!

Yup

Location: In a sphere watching you every action plotting your death or a tea party

I play Alto Sax but I don't have a mic.

俺のマグカップは小宇宙だ

This is a pretty awesome idea. Will be quite hard to implement and bring to fruition, but still an awesome idea. :)

I can do low to medium-high male vocals (in-tune!), and 7 years experience on the viola (although I haven't brought it out in several years). I'm decent with computer-tracking/composing also. Are we wanting to compose these things on a tracker-type program first, then just send people their parts so they can perform them?

Names... what about Turnabout Troupe? I think we have too many people to just have a basic band-type name...

Finally... this thread should be in the "REMIX" forum. It's lonely in there. :larry:
-Graywords

The Fragrance of Dark Chocolate...

Alright, I finally got a decent mic and now I've made a better piano sample.

Brawl FC: 2878-9364-8895

Sacred Powers, cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls... Rest in peace, sinners! JUDGEMENT!

*pokes thread with the thinker* Are we still alive? Oh no! Find the murderer! :gumshoe:

Alive! Just busy - check out the sound of this:

Jake Marshall Wild West March

Gerkuman hasn't sent me the song he wanted it to be inspired by so I've just messed around with it a little. Scored for 2 trumpets, a French horn, snare drum, glockenspiel and flute (unless clarinets can reach the D above treble clef?) Still yet to put in an original solo section but that'll be coming up next :)

Edit: P.S. Graywords, what do you mean by tracker-type thing?

I like it! The glockenspiel is a bit too loud though, it drowns the other music slightly. Other than that... nice!

Sacred Powers, cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls... Rest in peace, sinners! JUDGEMENT!

俺のマグカップは小宇宙だ

I guess what I meant about the tracker is: do you plan to "write" the music in a tracker first, using mod/midi/whatever to test how it sounds, then when that's done being composed, you'd give the people their instrumental parts to perform? I figured that's what your plan was, but wasn't 100% sure.
-Graywords

It won't play on my computer even when i download it. Oh, and clarinets can play the D above the trebel clef

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

For samples, if they're full pieces, do you want a copy of the sheet music?

Objection!

Wandered over here from LJ ^^ Pretty much copy and pasted from my comment:

My name is Vanessa, and I'm quite interested in this project.

I actually double on two instruments. I play Flute (pitched concert C) and Alto Saxophone (pitched E flat). I have been playing flute for about 6 years (can play grade 4-5), and take private lessons on that instrument. I have been playing alto saxophone for about two years, however, I was accepted into our audition-only jazz band at school, and actually beat out one of my classmates who has been playing for at least 4 years. We've been playing grade 3-4 there.

On my flute, I can go from middle C on the piano, to the third C above that (as I had to do the complete chromatic for my all state audition). On Saxophone, I'm still uncomfortable with anything below a D (space below staff) and anything higher than second octave D, but everything between is fair game.

I would love to be a part of this, if its not too late to join up ^_^

*jumps up and down squeeing excitedly* Alto sax! Just the person! Vanessa, you're signed up ^_^ I'll add you to the LJ list too. ICPO - I think Gerkuman's just after samples of what you can play, so don't think sheet music is necessary.

ItaniMajere - golly, the midis really don't like your computer do they? :\ I'll try and upload a Type 0 midi and see if you can play that.

GuardDaos - thanks for listening to it, glad you like it, and I'll drop the volume of the glockenspiel for the next release :)

Gah, my internet's acting a bit annoying. Excuse my doublepost... <_<

Last edited by Guard Daos on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, by the way, madmazda, I sent my samples of my piano to Gerkuman, but do you want me to send it to your mail too? Gerkuman gave me your MSN address, so should I to send it to that address? Or will Gerku do? I'd like to know whether the quality's good enough now...

Sure, you can send it to me. I'm not sure where Gerkuman's disappeared to as he's been posting in other parts of the forum, just not here :eh?: I'm not on MSN very often so email or PM is the best way of getting hold of me ^_^

Hmm. He has a habit to disappear in mid-conversation on MSN...

Ahh - well, it's okay if he's busy, but it'd be nice to get a coupla tracks ready for recording soon :) I'm out this weekend but during the week I should be able to finish the two I've arranged so far! :D

What is my liiiife?!?

It's a mixture of me being busy, and MSN playing up XD But now my Exams are over, I have lots of time on my hands :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsntrG7FUpM
That sort of thing. So really you got it spot on, although I think we need strings in the mix too. Kudos Maz ^_^

And I have been listening to all of the music I have been sent, and it is all very good :)

Strings, eh? Okay, I could put in some long violin notes like they've done in that YouTube video - that's probably about all the piece can stretch to for the original section though, if I put in much more instrumentation it'll be a right cacophony. I can probably do a bit more with strings in the original solo section though :D Hope your exams went well!

Ah, I think I may have to drop from the arranging after the Objection one. School ends for everyone else on Friday, which means I have only five days to finish it. I'll do my best, but if I can't finish it, I may even have to give up Objection to someone else. I should still be able to play bass for whoever wants, though.

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

Couple name ideas:
"Not Guilty" Really, is there anyhting else that you need to say about the Phoenix Wirght universe and the band representing it?

"Guilty till Innocent" It's how every case starts, and it just sounds cool.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

I could help if you need a saxophonist - though I'm in need of a good sounds recorder.

What is my liiiife?!?

Yay, more saxophone :3 Get Audacity, it's the best freeware program money can't buy.

And I'm not dead, just busy. I promise that the arangement for the finale will be out soon :3

I'm here too - I will be going away on clinical placement till July 20th and can't guarantee I'll have internet access to post what I've done, but all going well I will have a laptop to use so I can finish the two arrangements I'm working on and start on a few others as well as completing my music transcriptions (I am gonna have sooo much spare time after clinic =_=). I am halfway through adding strings to the Jake Marshall March and once that's done the original solo sections won't take long!
Page 4 of 5 [ 173 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence