Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 2 of 5[ 173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: 'Inform the Truth' - CR Community Music ProjectTopic%20Title

I think we're just doing game 1 tracks for the first album...

Also, I think we should start arranging something as soon as possible. We've got enough musicians to arrange some kind of instrumental track. So what should we start on first?

And damn, I had a really good idea but I realised the track's already been bagged as a folk piece. Someone on LJ is volunteering to do choral voices for any tracks we want to do. I think this would sound REALLY good on a sad or tense kind of piece - like DL6 Reminiscence or the Psyche Lock theme. Except DL6 is assigned as folk music and Psyche Lock themes only start in Game 2.

Alternatively we could do something with choral voices for Gyakuten Sister's Ballade (the slow theme). That could be pretty cool. How about that as our track 2?

Last edited by madmazda86 on Sun May 20, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is my liiiife?!?

We're doing game 1 tracks so we include more tracks that people missed on Cadenza etc. :F

I say we start on Reminicance, as all we need is an acoustic guitar and some stringed instruments ^_^ I want to give it a folky feel, and also make it sound a little like 'Yesterday'. But we need samples before we begin.

I've been playing bass guitar for six years and have most of my experience in jazz, but I also enjoy playing other styles. I know how to read music quite well, and I am also minoring in music at Towson University in the fall. I can also arrange some of the music if need be, because I've taken music theory classes the past two years at my high school.
I hope to be chosen to be involved in this project, it seems like a lot of fun!

Edit: Also, I should probably mention, I also play electric and acoustic guitar, as well as a little bit of flute. My boyfriend's been playing trumpet for several years and has got a great high range; I could probably wrestle him into doing something for this if you guys want it.

Last edited by Kaiserin on Sun May 20, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm gonna have a shot at recording my violin playing tomorrow. But God do I need to practice first! XD

Edit: Gerkuman - I'll send you the reminiscence midi

Okay. No 2 or 3 tracks. Oh well.
Let's get STARTED! Edgy
Damnit, I left my mic right here.
Shoot, gotta find my mic.

What is my liiiife?!?

Kaiserin: Yay! We definatly need a electric and bass guitarist! Not to mention another music arranger! Also, if you could get your BF to help, that would also help.

I'm a professional flute player and I'm quite good at piano as well. My microphone's pretty crappy, but I've been meaning to go out and buy a better one someday, anyway. Maybe now is the time?

As for ideas for the main project, I'll mull things over and see what I can come up with.

Last edited by Vyctori on Sun May 20, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great to see so many people coming over from LJ to volunteer - thanks a lot!

What is my liiiife?!?

Okays, you'rs in too Vyctori! I'm going to have to move my people list to another post, not enough space! :F

Hyper Jester Kitty Girl

Hi there, I'm myc over at LiveJournal - just throwing my Grade 4 (slightly out-of-practice) flautist's hat into the ring for if you need someone!

flauta de pollo

Hay there! Wow, I had to register again, seems my account got deleted :O

I play flute--experience wise, I've been playing for 6 years and I'm in Texas All-State band. I've played in many orchestras and other band organizations besides my high school, too.

Oh, and I play piano (jazz and classical training), but I'm not that great. Um, nowadays I can play the intro to Final Fantasy X , some jazz accompaniments and thats about it, haha.

one for the road

Also got here via LJ; I've been playing the clarinet for six or seven years, although I've been slacking off with practising for the last while. This would give me a nice incentive to get back into it.

I also play acoustic guitar, although I'm not great.

A man is not a piece of fruit.

*waves hand frantically*
I've played trombone for four years, and I'm completely obsessed with it. I would LOVE to help. (Yay sheet music!)
*waves at other trombone player*
No, I'm awake.

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

*waves at other four year player*
Hello, always good to have some company

The Fragrance of Dark Chocolate...

Gerkuman wrote:
1) If you have MSN, add me and Mazda to your lists so we can talk to you

I don't believe Mazda's MSN is noted in her profile (HER, wasn't it? Right?) So what is it?

Gerkuman wrote:
2) As soon as you can, please send me a sample of all the instruments you will play by email. There is no rush, but It would be nice to have one ^_^

A... sample?

By the way, I also have a keyboard.

Oh, and Audacity, huh? I'd best have a look-see...

Brawl FC: 2878-9364-8895

Sacred Powers, cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls... Rest in peace, sinners! JUDGEMENT!

Today's special: Lawyer

I don't have a mic at home but I do have a small sample of music I played for an animation project in February. Should I send that instead? It's nothing that special though; just something I made up on the spot. Kinda short too, but it's all I have.
Oh yeah, i don't have MSN either. anyone on AIM?

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

yep

objectionist

I'm highly interested in this project, although I don't think I'm very good XD. I basically only have a year of guitar in me ( without classes ) and I've recently bought a really nice synthesizer so I can take piano lessons. I konw it isn't alot of help.. but I'm more than interested in this!

PS: I'm le_livre_noir on the LJ community

What is my liiiife?!?

Ok, thats another 2 flutists, a trombonist, a guitarist and a clarinet player added to the team. I'll update the list tomorrow guys, but you're all in.

Klutz

Um... Hi XD I'd like to join this project... if that's alright Larry Let's see... I'm a cellist with 15 years of experience.... and since I'm off of school for the summer I can probably put some time in for this Phoenix Nice to meet you all!

Oboe Lady

I've been playing oboe for about four years. I'd love to help you out if I'm needed.

I also play soprano sax, though I've only been playing for about a year.

What is my liiiife?!?

Awsome, A Chellist! This project gets better and better by the second! You're in too. Please remember to send me your sample and I encourage you all to browse the rest of this forum and become part of the community ^_^

Klutz

what sample do you need?

What is my liiiife?!?

just a sample for each of the instruments you play, it can be anything. Also ShootSon, you're also in with your oboe skillz. We should definately be able to do an orchestral Epilogue (It's one of my favourite PW songs, it sometimes nearly makes me cry :) )

Resident superhero

Hey there! I also came over via Livejournal. My screen name is the same over there as it is here. And omg, this project looks awesome. I can offer the following skills from my PW-obsessed household:

Transcribing music (I hate bragging, but I have perfect pitch and can therefore arrange anything that you need)
Arranging/mixing files (I have a program which is specifically designed to do stuff like this)
Vocals (Things are more dramatic with a choir in the background. I can prepare all female vocals, and my brother can provide male, if needed. Both of us have been in choir for 7-8 years)
Piano (not that you guys need another one, but just in case :3)
Bass guitar
Viola (both this and bass would be provided by my sister. She's been playing viola for 4 years, bass guitar for 2. And she's very impressive with both :D)

Basically, you name it, I can find someone to help. ^^

~Shadowednavi

I would like to join your project. If you want my new PW based song, go check out B4Objections speed4me Mix in the remix section of the forum.

What is my liiiife?!?

Ooo! Ok then, you and your entourage can join the team. This leaves me little to do tho :F But I'll find something ^_^

Hey, I came over from the LJ post. It seems like you have some flautists already, but I'd like to join as well - I'm grade 9. :D; Buuut I can also play baritone sax! :P And if needed, I can play alto sax or possibly even tenor sax. And I can probably get my friend to join in, and he plays everything I do, and could probably also play trombone!

EDIT: I can also maaaaaybe help with transcribing from midis, but it really depends on when you need everything by because my speed varies from really fast to extremely slow. ^^;

The boyfriend will probably do it, as long as we have sheet music. I'd also really love to start arranging and transcribing for this project; the seniors at my school get out early so I've got quite a bit of time on my hands until the end of June when I start work. I would also super-prefer playing bass guitar on whatever tracks I'm needed on over anything else - my guitar skills are pretty good, if I do say so myself, but bass is my first love (and I'm also pretty damn good, not to be bragging, but...).

My AIM is Cynical Erk, I'll stick that in my profile, but that's my prefered way of online messaging. I may have to use some sort of upload service to get my samples up, too. It'll also work as a sample for my boyfriend, since we play in the same jazz band at school.

Say what now, pal?

Oh man, this project sounds AMAZING guys. Seriously. :0:0

I'm a flute player with about 4 years experience, though I haven't been in a band class for this past year, so I'm a bit rusty.

I'd LOVE to participate in this, if you need another flute player. Although I don't have a mic as of now, I could probably come up with one by the end of this week.

Also, I'll make another post about suggestions for the arrangement styles, if you guys, again, still need some input on that part.

Likes to think he is extremely clever

I can play flute and piccolo, along with the ocarina. I'm also not too shabby at music/video editing, so I can help with that too.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention: I've played the Flute for 6 years and the piccolo for 3 years, but I'm pretty rusty.

What is my liiiife?!?

OH MY GOSH. I can't believe how many people we've got :3 Okies, I'd better get started on writing down the list of people :F Thing is, we need a drummer now. It's the only thing we haven't got (That and a xylophonist. :F)

Also, on the subject of Choral voices, of course we can have them on the folk piece! I've got an example of how it works, 'Only living boy in New York' by Simon & Garfunkel. And don't forget Swimming anyone, Choirs and pipe organs go together :3 And we can have a Bridge on Turnabout Sisters, with choir voices. There's many a place to put them in, Maz ^_^

comin' around

it would certainly be interesting if we coudl do an acapella piece on an intstrumental song. XD;
i forgot to mention, i'm not exactly certain about my level of playing flute. but i've been playing for 6 years and i'm still aspiring to play until i graduate. i recently joined my school's marching band, so perhaps that'll help. >> i'll record something soon~

What is my liiiife?!?

It's really wierd, the Reminicense theme is totally different from the Cadenza Version :F I'm a bit confused now.

The Cadenza one is actually the Detention Centre theme. The midi I sent you is the DL6 theme, which is also titled Reminiscence. There are also Reminiscence themes for Phoenix's classroom trial, the SL9 and Global Studios.

What is my liiiife?!?

Wow, I never knew that. THENNN... Perhaps our Reminiscance should have both? :3 I'll get all of the GS1 tracks and listen to them ^_^

As fine as cream gravy on biscuits

I commented on the livejournal post about this, but just to make it clear here, I'd be willing to contribute :D I've played the french horn for close to 10 years so if anything is arranged with a horn part, I'd love to help Marshall

Whew, it's been a busy weekend - finally got a bit of time to sit down and look through this thread properly.

Firstly, I've done a bit of messing around with the DL6 theme. Gerkuman, you know you said you wanted it to be similar to the style of Yesterday? I've come up with a rolling chord pattern like the one they used in that and integrated it with the bass line. Doesn't sound too bad right now, but it'll need more messing with to make it a distinctive arrangement.

And sure we can integrate all the Reminiscence themes - one of the big problems with arranging these tracks is that they're pretty short on a first runthrough. If we meshed all the themes together (as they sound pretty similar it should be easy to link them all together) it would sound pretty nice I think.

BUT I only have the DL6 theme on midi. If you want the other themes we may have to get the person (Karisein? I've probably mis-spelt it, sorry) to transcribe them straight off the OST. If we decide to do that it might be better to start working on a different piece that we have all the midis for in the meantime. I have all the Objection themes so we could make a start on those at any point.

And the other idea I had, seein' as we've so many volunteers now, is to maybe organise them into groups based on level of ability and instrument. This might be a bit tricky but it'd help when arranging pieces so we don't end up making them too hard for one group to play and so on.

P.S. Gerkuman, you can give out my MSN to anyone on the project who's added you ^_^ I'm hardly ever on there though so it's not the best way of contacting me ><; I will try and be on there more often now exams are over but I live in an 8-person flat so distractions are frequent!

Here's a list of our participants organised by instrumental group and ability (where people say they've played for x years, I assume their ability is equivalent to one grade per year:

FLAUTISTS:
Vyctori – Flute (professional)
Blurion – Flute (Grade 9), baritone sax
Eemee – Flute (6y)
Tsurikato – Flute (6y)
Detective – Flute (4y)
Lockblade – Flute (4y), Piccolo (3y)
Myc – Flute (Grade 4)

WOODWIND:
ShootSon – Oboe (4y), Soprano Sax (1y)
ItaniMajere – Clarinet (6y)
Rydia – Clarinet (6y), Acoustic Guitar (Beginner?)

STRINGS:
Drea – Cello (15y)
Liam-e – Violin (well)
madmazda86 - Violin (not so great XD)
Shadowednavi – Vocals (M + F), Viola (4y), Bass guitar (2y), transcription
Kwoiffei – Acoustic Guitar (Beginner?) + Vocals
Kaiserin – Bass guitar (6y), Electric, Acoustic, Trumpet

BRASS:
Prismatic Sky – French Horn (10y)
Phoenix_fan – Flugle Horn (Grade 3)
Forteshadow – Trumpet (2y)
ICPO – Trombone (4y)
Seaston130 – Trombone (4y)

Last edited by madmazda86 on Wed May 23, 2007 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chimera

Very quick post here. Very very quick.

What I have to say are two things:
1. Yes, I am a beginner at guitar. And,
2. I've managed to map out my vocal range. It's a female range, but it's VERY low-pitched.
Thank you for flying Phoenix Wright. We hope you have a nice day.

Low-pitched is good! Normal choral pieces are orchestrated for soprano-alto-tenor-bass but a low-pitched female voice can take the tenor line if need be. Post up what your vocal range is when you have time :)

I'm converting the Steel Samurai theme into a guitar version at the minute. Still needs tweaking for the harmonics but it now has a whole extra guitar line in there harmonising with the melody and will probably require both our bass guitarists as I'm converting the drum line into a heavy bass line to make up for our lack of percussionists XD
Page 2 of 5 [ 173 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence