Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Spirit of Justice Custom CartridgeTopic%20Title

Mediocre Fan Translator

(Small Preview, full size image below)

Like many of you, I was a bit disappointed that, like Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice isn't going to get a physical release. Since I ran out of space on my main SD Card, I had to download SoJ onto its own 1GB card. It's the only thing I have on that card, so I thought it would be neat to try and create a custom sticker for it, so it would almost be like it was an official physical release.

After making the image in GIMP, I put the image into Word and resized it to 1" tall by .75" wide and printed it out onto sticker paper. I covered the image in packaging tape to give it a nice glossy finish, and cut it out (though I kinda really screwed up on the corners). I peeled off the original sticker that was on my SD card and peeled off and applied my new sticker to the it. Despite my very-low-quality printer, poor cutting skills, and the fact that my SD card is blue, I think it turned out satisfactorily, at the least (it looks better at a distance, I promise):
Spoiler: My SD Card

I thought I'd share this with everyone here in case someone else wanted to do the same. I know someone out there with a better printer/glossy sticker paper can definitely make a better looking label than what I was able to hack together. Anyway, you can download the full 750px by 1000px image from the spoiler tags below, or a Word document with it already resized to the proper dimensions here.
Spoiler: Large Image!

I tried to make it look as official as possible. I used the right font for the ID at the bottom, and even made sure that the ID is how it would have been on the game's official cart, if one had been created. I used a gradient for the background based on BG color of the box art, as has been done with all of the series' previous physical carts.

Let me know what you think! If there's enough positive feedback, I might make ones for Dual Destinies and Ace Attorney Trilogy.
Re: Spirit of Justice Custom CartridgeTopic%20Title

Ace Scientist

loooks great... as soon as I can get a cheap 3ds game I will try to print it :P
Re: Spirit of Justice Custom CartridgeTopic%20Title

Mediocre Fan Translator

Do note that the sticker is sized to be the dimensions of an SD Card, not a 3DS cartridge. If you try to put it on a 3DS cart, the sticker will be way too small. I guess I should've been a bit more clear about that.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence