Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Any constructive criticism on my first sprite edit?Topic%20Title

It isn't too great, but yeah.

I made it from Pearl/April/Maggey/Maya/Adrian.
Re: Any constructive criticism on my first sprite edit?Topic%20Title

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

Try raising up the nose and mouth a little. And changing the chin. Also, try to get the line quality of the outlines of the clothes to match the line quality of her bangs. All in all though, it's a good first attempt!
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

Soooooo not a Nazi!

nice try, but the head is a bit small
:badger: = awesomeness

A passionate fart, smelling dead

Hmmm, I'm in a critiquing mood tonight. I think I'll give it a go. *cracks knuckles*

Okay. My biggest issue is her face. It looks... I dunno, too big for her head? You might try to move the nose and mouth up a little bit, and move the eyebrows down. Maybe you should add a little bit more shading to the nose to define it properly and make it look more "adult", too (I'm assuming she's an adult, judging by the size of her bust... *brick'd*). The eyes are good, though.

We move on to the hair. The bangs look good, the top looks passable, but the real issue is with the back. It's all one solid color! It lacks shading. Even the dark portions of the hair need to be shaded. Also, it looks a little, um, lumpy? And it seems to be turning inwards, like a solid object. Hair is made up of several strands; it should turn outwards or fall in a straight line down the back, unless you want it to defy gravity (not that PW doesn't have its fair share of gravity-defying hair, but still). You might want to smooth that out.

Now, the body. The recoloring job looks a little slipshod; it lacks shading (AGAIN with the "S" word? *brick'd again*). Also, quality of the lines on the body doesn't quite match the ones on the face. They're too, erm, black? And they have the same problem the hair had - lumpy lines. Gradiate the colors on the outlines to fix this.

... I'm really sorry if that came off as harsh. It just peeves me to see sprite edits that aren't up to my own (admittedly very high) standards. I know it's your first, and it's good for a first. It's better than some of the stuff I've seen around here. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me, define me! I am the infinite telomerase! I am not an anti-existence! I AM THE PERFECT MISSINGNO.--er, chain!

Proud to be anti-Edgeworth!

Science: It's cuter than ever

It's a very nice sprite edit, especially for a first attempt =)
I think any problems I have with it are mostly anatomical...I agree about squishing the face in more. As a guide, eyes are about halfway down the face (so your eyes are fine, but the eyebrows should maybe be lower), the bottom of the nose should be halfway between the eyes and the chin, and the mouth should be about halfway between the nose and the chin =)

Also, since you used Pearl as the head and April as the body, the face looks much younger than the body does...maybe make the neck thicker and the eyes smaller?

These are all small adjustments though, all in all this isn't bad, I think you could get really good if you just practice =)

e × e = e²

The head's size is fine, it's more the shape of the face. Some corrective surgery should help there.

I would also suggest editing the body more to make it more distinguished from April May's body (which is teh overused, especially since the genderswapping craze, but I can see it making a great base for edits).
ImageImageImageImageImage

Good 'til the last drop.

Why does the TC's name seem so familiar?

>_<
ImageImage
The best part of waking up, is Godot in your cup. :godot:
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites