Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 5[ 195 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cardy's SpritesTopic%20Title

Previously Cardiovore

Quote:
Other Original Characters
April Mitnick
This is a sprite version of an OC I originally entered in the 2014 OC contest (fanart).
Spoiler: The original fanart image

Spoiler: Character Bio
Character's name: April Mitnick

Brief personality description: April is hyperactive and frazzled from long periods of staring at screens, obsessive hacking, compulsive multitasking, sleep deprivation and being in the same room almost constantly. She is quick-tempered and anxious person. She is antisocial and solitary, very much preferring to deal with people via her computer or phone, or from behind her bedroom door. Being the stubborn rebel she is, she does things her way and will not take direct orders from anyone (even her clients) unless it's twisted around to become her idea. Her frazzled, overactive mind is reflected in her speech patterns, from starting new sentences before she finishes her current ones to ending them prematurely. Has a loud and shrill way of speaking. Refers to everybody as "dude". Gets exasperated when people don't understand her technobabble.
She acts cocky and mischievous from behind a screen but actually has crushing self-esteem issues, a major factor in why she never shows herself in person (besides the fact that she's, y'know, a cybercriminal). She's able to dish out mischief and insults, but is completely incapable of receiving it back.

Quote:
PW: The Contempt of Court Characters
Image Image Image Image
Schaden Freude
The volatile-tempered chief of police. Always surrounds himself in the cold. Appears in Cases 3 and 4.

Quote:
TV & Film

Edward and Tubbs from League of Gentlemen.

The main cast of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (3/4).

Garth Marenghi/Dr. Rick Dagless

Dean Learner/Thornton Reed

Todd Rivers/Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 82 times in total.
Re: Cardiovore's SpritesTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Wow yet another new jewel in court records collection of mediocrity.

It's a good time for spriters. I think your style is very good, I especially like how they have a slightly more original touch. You also made an original breakdown for your original character that looks stylin. Robert Snow makes me think of Taggart the crime drama for some reason looks badass with the stubble.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

i think i sh** my pants

ohoohohoh another gem of the spriting community ;D i simply love the erol spoiler sprites all of them are great!

Vincenzo's sprites have improved quite a bit. They look really professional now. I can't wait to see them in action. Titus Krump definitely has changed but for the better I believe. His hair annoyed me and unfortunately while the hair is much better, the only negative comment I can say about his sprite is the beard. I don't know what's wrong with it exactly but it's...weird.

Brisbane's older sprites are really good. There's no real room for improvement except for his "in court" sprites as it seems you are trying to copy Himiko Kazura's style of wearing her jacket a bit.

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Pierre -- Ah, I can see how you think Snow reminds you of Taggart when I think about it :D

ike liberty -- Thanks! ...Brisbane's eyes were a nightmare to get right. Glad I got there in the end. As was his talk animation.

Ptapcc -- I agree: Titus's old hair annoyed me too. Thought I'd change it, and while at it, do a bit of cleaning up and re-colouring. Titus's beard, weird? ...Could you mean the fact that the outline's a bit bold?
Oh and no, I wasn't copying Himiko Kazura's jacket with Brisbane; I made his front animation with Kristoph as a template, and I was trying to recreate the jacket with his court sprite.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:

Ptapcc -- I agree: Titus's old hair annoyed me too. Thought I'd change it, and while at it, do a bit of cleaning up and re-colouring. Titus's beard, weird? ...Could you mean the fact that the outline's a bit bold?
Oh and no, I wasn't copying Himiko Kazura's jacket with Brisbane; I made his front animation with Kristoph as a template, and I was trying to recreate the jacket with his court sprite.

Yeah the outline of the beard is a bit bold but I think it's the shape of it. It's too straight and narrow though I suppose it fits because he is a millionaire and would probably try and make his appearance as perfect as possible. Ah okay. The jacket seems to be a bit like Himiko's though, probably coincidence. It is a bit too long though. I suggest comparing a reflected Apollo sprite and a Phoenix sprite in similar poses and have a look at their jackets and length of ties as if this one little mistake (or at least I think it's a mistake) is fixed, Mr. X's sprites will be perfect.

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc -- Taking into consideration what you said about Brisbane's jacket being too long, I quickly threw together a slight improvement.
What I've done is raised his jacket buttons slightly and added more shape to the bottom area of the jacket itself.

I've used his "leer" emotion to test this, as seen below.

Spoiler:
BEFOREImage AFTERImage

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Ptapcc -- Taking into consideration what you said about Brisbane's jacket being too long, I quickly threw together a slight improvement.
What I've done is raised his jacket buttons slightly and added more shape to the bottom area of the jacket itself.

I've used his "leer" emotion to test this, as seen below.

Spoiler:
BEFOREImage AFTERImage

Yes that's perfect. That small detail has changed it and now, it looks like a capcom created sprite. I really look forward to seeing Erol Brisbane prosecuting in court in the new demo.

Ptapcc

...Hopefully someday... xD

Meh...I love these ^^
These are wery original etc, etc.
but, at least for me, they seem bit too...normal life people to be AA characters,
but who cares 'bout that?
ImageImageImageImage

Previously Cardiovore

Zinle wrote:
Meh...I love these ^^
These are wery original etc, etc.
but, at least for me, they seem bit too...normal life people to be AA characters,
but who cares 'bout that?

I can see where you're coming from, especially Vincenzo and Young Brisbane. Their colours are a bit dull.

But I'm hoping to give them all unique and interesting personalities in the game to balance that out.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

What do you see behind the mask?

Really fine work. You are a good spriter! You surely give your game a welldone look.

Previously Cardiovore

New sprites!
They may come in handy sometime, but for now they're just my first spare-time sprites.

EDIT: My first attempts at GK sprites.

Spoiler: GK Brisbane (left and right)
Image Image

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Mostly human

Wow, those are likely the best and most custom looking GK sprites I've seen yet. (although you haven't had much competition, a lot of spriters have had great difficulty with editing the large sprites.)

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of detail on the hair around his forehead. But it's still a really excellent sprite.

Previously Cardiovore

Nose wrote:
Wow, those are likely the best and most custom looking GK sprites I've seen yet. (although you haven't had much competition, a lot of spriters have had great difficulty with editing the large sprites.)

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of detail on the hair around his forehead. But it's still a really excellent sprite.

OK, the hairlines are fixed now (in the main post, not the one before your post, Nose).
Spoiler:
What I did was use Manfred von Karma's GK sprite as a base, then I drew Brisbane on top of it. I think I stuck a little too closely to the shape of Manfred's head, but thanks for spotting that tiny flaw.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously Cardiovore

Two more GK sprites have just been made and added (kinda got into the GK hype).

This time, Robert Snow's the victim. Both young and old.
I'm not as sure with these ones as I am about Brisbane's but you can be the judge.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Happy Hannukah!

Nice work! i liked the GK ones.
Thanks me for the sig XD
"Shoy was here, and you know it, because he ate some of your pie."
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1257521476

I love Flowers

Your sprites looks so nice, I wish I can make sprites looks like yours.

(I am german)

:)

As soon as I saw your sig, it made me wanna check your thread. Very fine stuff going on. :maya:

Previously Cardiovore

I've made a new character for Turnabout Scapegoat, who will appear in Day 2 Investigation.

I can't give many details about him for spoiler purposes, but he's a resident of Nieville.

Anyway, I've made a normal sprite for him, but I'm not sure about his coat (as you can see, I failed at drawing the fur lining).
Please tell me what you think. Suggestions for how I can improve him are welcome, although I can think of a few ways already...

EDIT: On second thought, maybe he won't be used... I don't know yet.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Perpetual Prosecutor

Nice style, nice sprites, nice poses.
I especially like Titus and Vex.

But your real talent is on the hands. I've never seen anyone make better hands than yours. they're usually one of the hardest parts of a sprite, hence why many use AA sprite hands.

Previously Cardiovore

Akiak wrote:

But your real talent is on the hands. I've never seen anyone make better hands than yours. they're usually one of the hardest parts of a sprite, hence why many use AA sprite hands.

Ah, I can't accept credit for the hands... I DID use AA sprite hands. :bellboy:
Titus's dramatic hand is Maximillion Galactica's, for instance.
Spoiler:
And Vulper's breakdown hands are from Luke Atmey's breakdown sprite.

Believe me, I tried to make my own hands once. And failed miserably. :sadshoe:

But thank you for the praise. Glad you like my style, because I'm not sure on how AA-like their faces look.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

Just a very small update...

I haven't been working on sprites as often as I'd like - I've been working on my game a lot the past week or two - but I've added the blink and talk animations for my unnamed character to the main post.

I try to make my sprites looking as AA-like as possible in both creation and animation, so please tell me of any "contradictions" you may find. :phoenix:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Perpetual Prosecutor

Cardiovore wrote:
Akiak wrote:

Ah, I can't accept credit for the hands... I DID use AA sprite hands. :bellboy:
Titus's dramatic hand is Maximillion Galactica's, for instance.
Spoiler:
And Vulper's breakdown hands are from Luke Atmey's breakdown sprite.

Believe me, I tried to make my own hands once. And failed miserably. :sadshoe:

But thank you for the praise. Glad you like my style, because I'm not sure on how AA-like their faces look.

Ah, um, sorry... :yuusaku:

Anyway, to make them more AA-style, Robert Snow's first animation should have a faster blink. It's minor, so you see if it's necessary.

For Vincenzo I suggest removing the small lines on the sides of his mouth on the profile pic. Makes him look older. Very minor tho.

Most of Mr. X's sprites instead look brighter when they're talking and darker when idle. It doesn't look very notable, but in game, when the sprites which when he finishes talking, the change becomes pretty evident.

Vex and Titus are perfect.

These are all nitpicks, so it's up to you to decide if they're relevant or not.

Previously Cardiovore

Quote:
Anyway, to make them more AA-style, Robert Snow's first animation should have a faster blink. It's minor, so you see if it's necessary.

Ah, that's merely a GIF problem. In-game, the framerates will be controlled by .txt files, so that shouldn't appear a problem.

Quote:
For Vincenzo I suggest removing the small lines on the sides of his mouth on the profile pic. Makes him look older. Very minor tho.

I've updated his profile picture (and his forward-facing pose) anyway. I'll put then up when I can.
EDIT: It's up on the main post now.

Quote:
Most of Mr. X's sprites instead look brighter when they're talking and darker when idle. It doesn't look very notable, but in game, when the sprites which when he finishes talking, the change becomes pretty evident.

I never even noticed!
Thanks, I'll see to it ASAP.

Quote:
Vex and Titus are perfect.

Thanks, that's good to know! :redd: Animated versions of Vulper will be posted up in the near future.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Better Prosecutor than D.A.

I'm... speechless :beef: You're such a pro with colours, which I ain't haha ^^ Your characters look truuuuuely good! Really well done, mate!
Bingo! The name's Jeffery, Jeeeeffery, got it memorized?
X marks the Spot!

Previously Cardiovore

JefferyDante wrote:
I'm... speechless :beef: You're such a pro with colours, which I ain't haha ^^ Your characters look truuuuuely good! Really well done, mate!

Well, thank you very much!
Photoshop is an amazing program. :redd:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Better Prosecutor than D.A.

Yeah true, I still need some practice to master it completely, but colour-blindness doesn't help at all in my spriting :yuusaku: I kinda gave up on spriting now, I'm focusing on my story and on the cast [I'm nearly done with the "poster" :godot:], I might go back to spriting after that xD
Bingo! The name's Jeffery, Jeeeeffery, got it memorized?
X marks the Spot!

Previously Cardiovore

Yet another small update:

* Added a blinking Vincenzo zoom sprite.
* Blinking and talking sprites for Vincenzo's forward-facing sprite - plus his "erm" sprite.
* Blinking and talking sprites for Vulper's forward-facing sprite.

EDIT: Oh yes, and a mini GK Brisbane.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'd say

Cardiovore wrote:
(along with an apology for the annoying "dot" problems my GIF animator causes).

It has nothing to do with the animation program.
It's your sprites themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I like your sprite style but you have to remember gif's can only contain limited colors.
And seeing as you tend to brush your sprites, rather then pencil them, this happens.

Try reducing the amount of colors, it'll solve your little problem. :p

Previously Cardiovore

Ceres wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
(along with an apology for the annoying "dot" problems my GIF animator causes).

It has nothing to do with the animation program.
It's your sprites themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I like your sprite style but you have to remember gif's can only contain limited colors.
And seeing as you tend to brush your sprites, rather then pencil them, this happens.

Try reducing the amount of colors, it'll solve your little problem. :p

Ah. That'll be why.
Thanks, Ceres.

I'd make PNGs instead if I could, but I kept getting it wrong for some reason.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Ahh...Coffee...

Wow, these sprites are really good!
Especially Vex's breakdown sprites!
Keep up the awesome work! :godot:
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Previously Cardiovore

Meenyman wrote:
Wow, these sprites are really good!
Especially Vex's breakdown sprites!
Keep up the awesome work! :godot:

Vex's breakdown actually consists of 7 sprites all played one after another XD
Just thought I'd only include two of them.

And thanks a bunch, means a lot. :redd:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Happy Hannukah!

Hey, Cardiovore, can i use your GK scarred guy ( i don't know his name...) for a base?
i'm kinda stuck with GK sprites and if i can't can you help with making GK sprites?
Thanks me for the sig XD
"Shoy was here, and you know it, because he ate some of your pie."
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1257521476

Previously Cardiovore

ShoySlayer wrote:
Hey, Cardiovore, can i use your GK scarred guy ( i don't know his name...) for a base?
i'm kinda stuck with GK sprites and if i can't can you help with making GK sprites?

I take it you mean the Brisbane GK sprite.
Yeah, sure you can. As long as I get credit for the base.
Spoiler:
But to make him, I used Manfred von Karma's GK sprite as a base. So really it's very much similar to Manfred's sprite.

Quote:

Yeah, I can sure try :)
But with the production of my fangame as well as other personal odds and ends, I may be pressed for spare time so progress may be a bit slow. PM me the details.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Cardiovore, remember spoiler tags.

Didn't know
Spoiler: GK
Manfred Von Karma was in GK

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Previously Cardiovore

Pierre wrote:

Didn't know

Eek!
Sorted it out now.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Pierre wrote:

Didn't know

Really? When I first heard the plot I knew he would be in it.
Spoiler:
It's only far to assume Edgey's mentor would be in Edgey's game.

Anyways amazing sprites Cardiovore. I esspically like Erol and Vincent... something or other. I really hope I can get PwWright to work, I'm dieing to play your game.
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

The Twisted Samurai

Awesome work
I love them all
keep the awesome work up
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Previously Cardiovore

Another small update...

* Animated GK Snow sprites (I think I kept the colours to a minimum, so there shouldn't be any "noise dots")
* New mini GK Brisbane sprite

Spoiler:

Image Image

[/spoiler]
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!

Cardiovore wrote:
Another small update...

* Animated GK Snow sprites (I think I kept the colours to a minimum, so there shouldn't be any "noise dots")
* New mini GK Brisbane sprite

Spoiler:

Image Image

[/spoiler]

The small GK sprite is very clean and can't sa anything bad about them.

The major GK i wanana be really picky so:
-There is white marks by the left arm
- The still one the mouth looks slghtly off. but it looks fine when it;s animated.
- The bottom of the shirt looks slightly weird. It's half way from being untucked to tucked.

Apart from that your GK sprites are AWESOME!
Memories, Trials, Family the Fic into a comic.
Soon to be Husband:Scarred_owl Daughter of PandaPrinzessin, J. D,brothers:kemosem Meenyman
My Sons are Ptapcc, Kitisuimo, and my daughters are P!ATD, Godot_Blend _#107.
Page 1 of 5 [ 195 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites