Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Fellowzdoomer's Sprites!Topic%20Title

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

Hi guys, its me. School has been buys for me lately, hence my silence. Any who, I started to get back into frankenspriting, and yeah. So, I tried frankenspriting a few minutes ago...

http://i.imgur.com/Ssl4j29.png
http://i.imgur.com/JhauIi2.png

This is a mix of Franziska's eyes, Lana's head, and Mia's body. I did the hair myself. I can do more, if people like it enough. Some info about her:

Name: Miley Enpirio
Personallity: Sometimes cold and a bit annoyed, but otherwise kind.
Related To: Nobody in the AA world.

And I may make more if people want me to. I'm horrible at this frankenspriting thing, so forgive me for imperfections or bad design, etc, etc. anyway, enjoy! And honest opinions, please!
*insert weird signature here*
Re: Fellowzdoomer's Sprites!Topic%20Title

Art Person

Hi There!
Nice restart to your spriting escapades! Keep them up if you want to! I'm always hanging around this forum hoping to see new sprites so I'll come back and see if you've made any more!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Hi There!
Nice restart to your spriting escapades! Keep them up if you want to! I'm always hanging around this forum hoping to see new sprites so I'll come back and see if you've made any more!

Thanks! Though I gotta fix these up: the chest and hands are a different color from her face :-/ Easy fix though! So I guess I'll make more poses? :godot:

Miley Enpirio's prosecutor sprite. WIP, of course.

I'm gonna give you some advice (mostly on the front sprite) :

You already noticed it, but the chest and hands don't have the same colors as the face, so don't forget to recolor them for future sprites. The recolor of the jacket is pretty nice although they're some dark grey pixels still there. Something about said recolor is bugging me : Why the brightest shade is pink when all the rest is blue ?
For the face, you should try to add some shading at the separation between the hair and the head. That way, they would blend together and the end result will look a lot more nicer to the eyes.

But mostly, the big problem with the sprite is that the hair is pillow-shaded, and that's something that you should always try to avoid when doing sprites. Let's look at the following image :

The left skull is pillow-shaded : It means that the brightest shades are at the center of the sprites, and darker shades are around. It doesn't look realistic, because compared to the right skull, you can't identify from where the lightsource is.

There's some stuff to fix, but don't worry, it's pretty nice. Keep practising and with time you'll improve !

Thanks! I'll be sure to fix those and try the tips you suggested! I'm planning on using the sprites I post herein n my own case.

So I tried to sprite from scratch today. Started off as a rectangle and 5 lines done on MS Paint in my library, and a couple of hours on my phone. I honestly don't know how to shade the face, but I like this result as is. Anyone is welcome to improve on it and hand it back to me. I tried to do SilentBobX style shading (his Dera Deval and Strictly sprite was my main source of inspiration, plus Maya's hair).

Thoughts? I'm always willing to improve!

edit: improved a little.

*wonk*

...it's a start.

i'll uh, recommend working on the face more, to make it closer to AA's artstyle, if you get what i'm saying.
yes

I tried to, I honestly did. I just can't do it well. What exactly can I use as reference to get the face down pat? I personally think it looks great in-game, but that's just my personal opinion. :sillytrucy: I could use help a bit.

Art Person

For your first attempt at a scratch sprite I say well done! :basil:
If you do want to improve it a bit, with the face, try to point the chin a little, so the head isn't a circle, and englarge the size of the eyes. It's best to copy positions and sizes from official sprites when starting out, before you freehand a face, they're usually the more detailed part of the whole thing.

Thanks! And this is why I love this community: everyone is mostly supportive haha

I got a tiny update for Pretty little Miley Enpirio

I got some slight pointers from Will "Willbits" White. Thanks to him! :-) (check out his twitch here!)

Art Person

The proportions do look more improved since your last sprite! Nice work!
Just a little tip to make things easier for you, with the body, to get it more symmetrical, sprite out half of it, then copy and flip that half, that way it's perfect on both sides. Then you can just delete the other arm to change its pose.

Scratch spriter

I think you have improved!
You see, I was going to offer you making her sprites, as long as you let everyone use the sorites I made for her, but it seems we have completely different concepts.

This is what I did, using as a reference her old sprite.

that looks nice, but could you use her nnew sprite asrefernce with the dress she has on in the new sprite (the totally blue with hot pink strap around.) For plot reasons.

And maybe less sinister? Though she'sa prosecutor, I don't want her to look evil

I'm going to keep working on mine, and then I'll throw them an arena to decide which one I'm gonna use :p

Huge bump on Miley! I uh fed her some alphabet soup and the letters went to her brain instead of her stomach. Now, she's got a lot to say!

(Old reference to old PBS show is old. :sillytrucy:)

Edit: her prosecutorial sprite. I'm not 100% about this but I think I did OK.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites