Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Re: Phantom Tails's spritesTopic%20Title

Art Person

Hi welcome!
And these are cool! Nice start to spriting! Can't wait to see more!

Defense Wiss

SuperAj3 wrote:
Hi welcome!
And these are cool! Nice start to spriting! Can't wait to see more!

thanks! i made more just now. also edited him. does his hair look any better?

Art Person

Hey! I saw you updated the hair a little! It still has the same issue with shading (for some reason there's shadows at the top of his hair, and it makes it look like it's bending over to the side.)

I had a go at doing a quick edit just to help you out:

Defense Wiss

SuperAj3 wrote:
Hey! I saw you updated the hair a little! It still has the same issue with shading (for some reason there's shadows at the top of his hair, and it makes it look like it's bending over to the side.)

I had a go at doing a quick edit just to help you out:

wow! nicely done! i can't do very well because i am only 13 years old. maybe you can do more sprites for me in the future? but that is only when you have time. i am not a "do this right now or you will die" type of person. also can i use that sprite for a fangame i am making on PyWright?

Art Person

You're only 13!? That's pretty impressive work starting off then! I started spriting around 14 XD So I'd say you definitely have potential to improve and I encourage you to try more spriting!

A good tip for custom sprites is to try to look at official sprites and roughly where the shadows always appear for characters. It gives you a good idea of structure. Also you can try frankenspriting? (Cut and paste multiple sprites together).

If you need any tips I'll be happy to help!

Defense Wiss

SuperAj3 wrote:
You're only 13!? That's pretty impressive work starting off then! I started spriting around 14 XD So I'd say you definitely have potential to improve and I encourage you to try more spriting!

A good tip for custom sprites is to try to look at official sprites and roughly where the shadows always appear for characters. It gives you a good idea of structure. Also you can try frankenspriting? (Cut and paste multiple sprites together).

If you need any tips I'll be happy to help!

thanks! i just made another Character just now! this time it's isaacs father and mentor roose gavel ! (i think i faild at the thing around his tie) any advice?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/u90Rb ... 66-h768-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/edCXI ... 66-h768-no

Art Person

Nice!
I think you're getting the body shapes right it's just your outlining you need a little work on. Try to make the lines around him clearer and visible, but not in black. Use a darker shade of the colour inside that outline.

Defense Wiss

SuperAj3 wrote:
Nice!
I think you're getting the body shapes right it's just your outlining you need a little work on. Try to make the lines around him clearer and visible, but not in black. Use a darker shade of the colour inside that outline.

hey just asking. can you edit my failed attempt at making a title screen for isaac gavel? I can't really do one by myself. also a profile photo for isaac gavel? that should not take too long. (might have to wait. which i am fine with.)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Cgnad ... 66-h768-no i whan't it to look more original and not in apollos pose.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites