Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 2 posts ]

How to make sprite animations out of model animations?Topic%20Title

A lowly lawyer hunting the truth.

"Hey, Simon, ever wondered what it would've been like if we were in 2D?" :athena:

"Cykes-dono, nary a soul can comprehend such unknown terms as '2D.'" :simon:

"Well, as of right now, we are animated in 3D models. Don't take the fourth walls too seriously!" :athena:

"Here's a good fourth wall, pal! I was replaced by Ema and Fulbright!" :sadshoe:

"Who is this fellow? Kinda looks like a convict with that rugged coat of his." :simon:

"Just a lowly detective, sir." :gumshoe:

"Hey Simon, noticed anything strange?" :athena:

"Be it that it may I noticed his movements were much... clunkier." :simon:

"Exactly right! I'm gonna summon Widget's magical powers to warp us into the dimension where his animations came from, even if our movements, hopefully, retain their smoothness." :athena:

"The prosecution has no objections. Wait, are we even in a courtroom - witness and everything?" :simon:

"Hey pal, I may be clumsy... but I don't know what clunky even means! Hohoho! Clunkin' like a chicken!" :gymshoe:

Going back to the past, eh? As an AAO user (affiliates and related people), I can only use GIF files for 2D animated sprites, and the actual 3D model animations from DGS or Dual Destinies do not work at their base (This adheres to all 3D model users, the post 2011 games). I will need to find one of many possible things: a site that SOMEhow already has DS sized (256 x 192) sprite iterations of 3D modeled characters, a program, website or some other mechanic that could convert those 3D model animations into 2D sprites. If any method doesn't create 256 x 192 sprite animations, could I resize them to DS desirable needs?

Thanks for cleaning up the bathroom, Nicks. :maya:
Re: How to make sprite animations out of model animations?Topic%20Title

Art Person

So there once was a thread with animations ripped from DD and SoJ and converted to GIFs, but the user who shared them has since deleted them. Another user (Initiate) has posted a few they've ripped in their thread, so you could check there.

EDIT: Also another user (No Comment) shared a bunch in their thread. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32348

A little diggin' never hurt anyone, pal :gymshoe:

Me and a few others did custom Athena sprites though which may be of use?
https://m.imgur.com/a/tyUEF
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites