Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

RESULTS - Cross-Platform Spriting/3D Competition! July '21Topic%20Title

Image Image
(*Roughly translates to "Objection!", apparently.)

★ Welcome to the third Cross-Platform Spriting/3D competition! ★

This time, competitors from across the globe compete to represent legal professionals... From across the globe!
As usual, the winner of this competition gets the "earth-shattering" prize of being able to host the next competition, and pick its theme! (How exciting!)

★★★

Spoiler: Rules and Information
★THEME BRIEF AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS★

• Over the years, the Ace Attorney franchise has seen many destinations, characters, and legal systems from around the world, and now it is your chance to add to that list! Think about what sort of place or person you wish to see represented, and make that wish a reality!
  • You are required to create a new sprite of your own original character, created solely for this competition (or previously unpublished). This can be crafted in any style, be it Trilogy, HD, Investigations or 3D modelled.
  • Please do not enter pre-existing characters from video games or other media. These should be your own original characters.
  • The character you create should be a legal professional - someone who works in the legal system of their country, or perhaps for Interpol, whether it be as a defence attorney, prosecutor, detective, judge, dancing Blue Badger mascot, or some other law-enforcing profession!
  • The character should also have a homeland which they are notably from, which may influence them in some way! Think, for example, of Franziska's German heritage, Shi-Long Lang's Zheng Faian philosophies, Nahyuta's Khura'inese influence, or perhaps take inspiration from the mystical legal system of Labyrinthia! Your character can be from either a real or fictional location, including those already represented in the Ace Attorney franchise or other works of fiction - if you wish to create a lawyer from Narnia, for instance, go ahead! If you have worlds of your own creation, those are allowed, too! Or, if you are feeling inspired by the real world, and want to create a judge who is a Viking, that is perfectly fine! (As a note, just to be on the safe side, please be respectful in your creations.)
  • While not required, a description of your character including name, age and backstory can be submitted in tandem with your sprites.
  • At minimum, you must enter at least one static sprite/render but are able to submit a full sprite sheet, animated gifs, or 3D model files. Please upload your entries and link them either here or in the #court-records discord. For 3D modellers, if you plan to submit your 3D model, please also submit a render so viewers can see your character without 3D modelling software.
★HOW TO ENTER★

• For AAO Members: Post your sprite to this thread.
  • For Discord Members: Post your sprite to the #court-records channel over on the discord.
  • For C-R Members: Post your sprite to the C-R entry thread.
★ENTRY PERIOD★

• Entries will be open from the time of this post and close on July 31st 2021.
  • Extensions for users can be granted up to 24 hours to combat timezone differences and issues with uploading.
  • Voting will then commence from August 2nd to August 16th.

★ENTRIES★

Spoiler: 1. SuperAj3
"His name's Peter Esso, a PSO (Protective Services Officer). It's like the step under a police officer and specific to Australia."

Spoiler: 2. titleguy1
"This is 28 year old Ye-ji Shin (신예지), an American born South Korean. Although she is a private detective in the US, this practice is banned in Korea, where her true occupation as an Interpol officer takes the stage."

Spoiler: 3. DannyPlaysSomeGames
"Python Rembrandt - An international German prosecutor, and the one who mentored Klavier Gavin. Rembrandt is distinctly known for his flamboyant demeanor and fashion, earning him the nickname of "The Iron Masquerade". Despite finding the truth essential, he's still devoted to his role as prosecutor, continually proving any and all possibility of the defendant's guilt until he can no longer do so. He loves theatrics, and projects a grandiose persona in court, although wasting time with trifling details and futile efforts can ruin his mood."

Spoiler: Voting Information
★VOTING★

• Voting is active from August 2nd to August 16th.
  • You may vote by replying with TWO of the voting tokens below.
ImageImageImage

★RESULTS★
In third place, with 1 vote:
Spoiler:
DannyPlaysSomeGames, with Python Rembrandt.

In second place, with 7 votes:
Spoiler:
SuperAj3, with Peter Esso.

And, that means, in first place, with 13 votes:
Spoiler:
titleguy1, with Ye-ji Shin!
Congratulations!

★★★

Link to AAO Thread: Here
Link to the AA discord: Here

PREVIOUS COMPS:
~ Mar '15, May '15, Aug '15, Dec '15, Mar '16, May '16, Jul '16, Nov '16, Feb '17, Jun '17, Aug '17, Nov '17, Feb '18, Apr '18, June '18, Nov '18, Dec '20, Apr '21 ~

Spoiler: ORGINAL RULES
    Each month a new topic will be picked (by the previous month's winner).
    To enter, just post your entry here.
    Stick to the theme! (This one's obvious), but make sure you enter something relevant to the theme picked.
    ONE entry per person. You can submit one character/sprite design and it can be as little as a single frame, or as large as a full set! Up to you
    NO USING OTHER FAN SPRITES. Even with permission, we want to see your own creative works. Editing official sprites is OK though.
    Be creative! Simple recolors are not allowed. At least 2 character sprites edited together with a unique color palette counts as an original sprite. Also drawing custom outfits/costumes from scratch for existing sprites is also acceptable.

Example:
Acceptable:
ImageImage
(Custom drawn costume, or a splice of 2 or more official characters, with a unique palette)

Unacceptable:
ImageImage
(Basic recolor of official sprite, or minimal editing of official sprites)
    Please create an entirely new sprite for the competition. If you made a character you think really suits the theme, then you can still edit that sprite into a new one for the competition.
    Both AA and AAI styled sprites are acceptable, except if the task specifies one or the other.
    You get 2 weeks to vote after submissions close. This way people have time to look at the entries and vote.
    Voting will be done after submissions have closed and, as CR has no polling system, all you need to do is post a comment saying your favorite.
    You can vote for 2 of your favorite choices.
    You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself.
    You can use sprites/characters/poses from any RELEASED Ace Attorney game. Try to follow official Court-Records spoiler rules.
    You can edit your sprite and resubmit it as many times before the cut off date (preferably by editing your original entry post). These can only be minor edits to your existing entry though like fixing some messiness, anatomy, or adding new poses. No brand new characters or 'second-chance' attempts that you've made. Have confidence in the first entry you make!

Spoiler: RULES FOR HOSTS
    Make sure you pick a topic that hasn't been done before (Unless it's been over a year since it's been done)
    Make sure you COPY the rules into your posts to notify everyone!
    Name your topic as "CR Spriting Competition! - Insert genre/topic here"
    You have creative freedom with selecting topics, provided the entries are in the AA style of sprites. Ideas like a 2 person team collab, or situations like "Twins" where 2 characters are in the 1 sprite are also allowed as potential topics.
    For clarity's sake, make a quick sprite as an example of what you're expecting from contestants, and post it in the OP)
    YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF COLLECTING VOTES! Unfortunately, CR doesn't have a polling system, and so votes will have to be through individual comments (to prevent people voting multiple times, we will stick to posting alone)
    Once the voting is closed, it is up to you announce the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), and the winner.
    You can take as long as you want to start up the next competition thread. If you don't want to be the one running it, you can let 2nd place be in charge.
    You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
    If 2-4 entries receive equal votes, announce those who tied, and hold a tie breaker voting between those. If 5+ and/or every entrant ties, the host can pick the winner.
    If a tie breaker ends with another tie, all those tied win, and they decide the next host amongst themselves.

Last edited by Starora on Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
Re: Cross-Platform Spriting/3D Competition! - Wide World of Topic%20Title

The original post has been updated with the first entry - all the way from Australia!

We have another entry via Discord! First post has been updated!

Here is a reminder that you have until the end of the month to submit your competition entries!
As they say in Borginia, "It is not over until the blind lady sings"! (Huh...!? I wonder where they got that saying...)

Wait this isn't Burger King

Eh, I have free time for once, might as well post something.

I had a judge planned for my fangame idea that could've been perfect for this comp, but I've posted his sprites before on the Case Developers Discord server, so I don't think it'd be fair.

As for my actual submission, I decided to sprite another character from my fangame idea:
Python Rembrandt
An international German prosecutor, and the one who mentored Klavier Gavin. Rembrandt is distinctly known for his flamboyant demeanor and fashion, earning him the nickname of "The Iron Masquerade". Despite finding the truth essential, he's still devoted to his role as prosecutor, continually proving any and all possibility of the defendant's guilt until he can no longer do so. He loves theatrics, and projects a grandiose persona in court, although wasting time with trifling details and futile efforts can ruin his mood.

That's it. Obviously, it's a noticeable frankensprite, and it came out smaller than I wanted it to be, but I think I did a pretty good job in portraying the idea of what I wanted.
Re: Cross-Platform Spriting/3D Competition! - Wide World ofTopic%20Title

DannyPlaysSomeGames wrote:
Eh, I have free time for once, might as well post something.

I had a judge planned for my fangame idea that could've been perfect for this comp, but I've posted his sprites before on the Case Developers Discord server, so I don't think it'd be fair.

As for my actual submission, I decided to sprite another character from my fangame idea:
Python Rembrandt
An international German prosecutor, and the one who mentored Klavier Gavin. Rembrandt is distinctly known for his flamboyant demeanor and fashion, earning him the nickname of "The Iron Masquerade". Despite finding the truth essential, he's still devoted to his role as prosecutor, continually proving any and all possibility of the defendant's guilt until he can no longer do so. He loves theatrics, and projects a grandiose persona in court, although wasting time with trifling details and futile efforts can ruin his mood.

That's it. Obviously, it's a noticeable frankensprite, and it came out smaller than I wanted it to be, but I think I did a pretty good job in portraying the idea of what I wanted.

That is a very fun character concept! I'll get him added to the list now!

And we are now onto the final leg in this world-wide olympiad of the law!
Could anyone with entries still yet to be submitted please make it known? (If any of you need an extra day to complete your entries, I need to know, so that I can hold off voting until everyone is ready!)

Time for entries has ended! May the competitors please take their places at the podiums!?
ImageImageImage
Great! Now that we are all ready...
Voting is now open!
You have two weeks (ending on the 16th of August) to submit your votes!
Each person gets TWO votes, which are made by replying with the voting the corresponding voting token (voting tokens are the images of the competitors at their podiums above)!

Good luck everyone... And let the voting begin!
Re: VOTING - Cross-Platform Spriting/3D Competition! July '2Topic%20Title

Art Person

I can't not vote for this one!
(Also these tokens look really nice!!!)

Happy Maria

Yeah I concur! Love the look of these.

Anyway my vote goes to:

Aw man, I really wanna vote for all of these.

I can't bring myself to not vote for one... but I can vote for only one.

SuperAj3 wrote:
I can't not vote for this one!
(Also these tokens look really nice!!!)

Southern Corn wrote:
Yeah I concur! Love the look of these.

Anyway my vote goes to:

Lone wrote:
Aw man, I really wanna vote for all of these.

I can't bring myself to not vote for one... but I can vote for only one.

Thanks for the kind words about the tokens, but I must point out that you may vote for TWO entries! (Perhaps a little odd considering that there are only three entries in total, but the original rules specify two votes, and so it must be.)
Good luck trying to choose another vote! (I must admit, it is really difficult to choose...)

Transgender Menace

Really hard choice this time, all three entries are very well-made. That being said, here are my votes:
ImageImage

These are very pretty tokens, too. Great job!
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread |

Art Person

Starora wrote:

Thanks for the kind words about the tokens, but I must point out that you may vote for TWO entries! (Perhaps a little odd considering that there are only three entries in total, but the original rules specify two votes, and so it must be.)
Good luck trying to choose another vote! (I must admit, it is really difficult to choose...)

To clarify, you can vote for up to two entries. One vote is fine, two are also fine.

Wait this isn't Burger King

A bit upset that others didn't participate, but damn the other participants did a damn good job.

I can't vote for myself, but I can at least vote for them to show my appreciation. Quality stuff right here.

ImageImage
I do things.

Am shy. Will lurk.

Close competition this time, but I'm going with...

The tokens are so cute ^.^

Voting is over, and the results are in!
In third place, with 1 vote:
Spoiler:
DannyPlaysSomeGames, with Python Rembrandt.

In second place, with 7 votes:
Spoiler:
SuperAj3, with Peter Esso.

And, that means, in first place, with 13 votes:
Spoiler:
titleguy1, with Ye-ji Shin!
Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted!
I am looking forward to seeing what the next competition has in store for us all!
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites