Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]
 


OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

"Dattebayo! No wait... how do you say 'believe it' in Japanese again?"

Entrant's Name: Alphawave

Entrant's Website: (Tumblr)

Character's Name: Seizan D. Dais (alias) / Guy Chinn (Real name)
Age: 32

Occupation:
Poet (alias) / Secretly a Japanese envoy from England (Real)

Brief Physical Description: Brown wavy hair slicked into shape with wax, a rather pale complexion that has darkened from his travels slightly. A rather stocky build suggesting he is strong but despite this he is in fact of average strength.

Despite being of British-descent, he almost always wears Japanese-style clothing at any opportunity, even in England. His Haori and kimono are inseparable from him, never taking them off if he can unless it is extremely cold.

Brief Personality Description: A MASSIVE weeaboo, he will practically FANGIRL at anything even REMOTELY Japanese. He is very knowledgable about Japanese culture and ideology, often quoting—rather badly—poems he's made (which are in turn hidden jabs at popular anime quotations). Ironically though, he has lost a lot of his British mannerisms in favour of the Japanese mannerisms, leaving a lot of the British people to comment on how odd he was. Indeed, because of his prolonged stay in Japan, he no longer identifies himself as English, thinking himself as being "British by birth alone".

As his alias suggests, he is extremely optimistic, believing that the Japanese and British could get along quite well if they tried. As such, he is immune to any insult—veiled or obvious—that someone throws at him. However, if someone insults him in Japanese or calls him a racial slur in either language, he gets upset, often throwing him into a depression. That being said, he quickly recovers from his brief sadness back to his peppy self.

He easily befriends Mikoshiba as she reminds him of his wife back in Japan. Mentioning his wife makes him look dreamy, reminiscing her doing some (often perfectly normal) activity as romantic. While it is clear that the bond between the husband and wife is mutual, Naruhodou thinks that Seizan exaggerates his romantic memories to extremes.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): Friend of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou and Susato Mikotoba. He eventually becomes their pseudo-informant, his career helping him gain access to 'private' information not normally disclosed. On friendly terms with the ancestors of the Fey clan, for whom he will bring to the West later in his life.

Brief Background: Born to an English father and German mother, he was ostracised from a young age due to his heritage. Indeed, neither of his parents strictly enforced either of their cultural heritage on him, resulting in his quick ability to pick up languages and his love for the exotic. In his adulthood he would be an interpreter for the Japanese, having picked up the language quickly. Because he was one of the few to not only know how to speak Japanese and English, but fluently write in both languages, he quickly became an ambassador of England, tasked to stay in Japan to oversee their international relationships. He has a wife in Japan that he adores and whom he writes to every day, regardless of where he is. He returns home to England to discuss a 'grave international incident' which he fears might destroy the relationships between the two countries if he does not tread careful. Thus, he takes on the persona of 'Seizan', the name of his Japanese mentor, during his stay in England to protect himself from any one who might pursue him.

Shortly after the events of DGS, Ryuunosuke Naruhodou encounters him wandering England and he, introducing himself as the poet 'Seizan', quickly expresses his fondness for Japanese culture—in particular Naruhodou's sword. The man is surprised to see a Japanese person in England and starts a conversation in Japanese, in which Naruhodou conveys his surprise.

They do not meet again until the next day, where Seizan is a witness called for a murder. Naruhodou notices through his testimony that he is hiding something and initially pegs him to be the murderer early on during the trial. Though optimistic as always, he cracks under pressure, making more and more people convinced of his guilt. That is, until evidence analysed by Sherlock Holmes helps Naruhodou reveal what Seizan is hiding, that he is in fact Guy Chinn, the man that the victim Tommy Rosbif was meeting with. Because of the trajectory of the shot that killed Tommy that was proven in earlier testimony, it also gave Seizan/Guy an alibi.

Feeling guilty for hiding his true self to Naruhodou in particular (whom he considers 'connected' despite Naruhodou's constant denial), he resolves—against Naruhodou's and Mikoshiba's protests—to help the duo out in their investigation. Indeed, though they were initially hesitant, he would provide evidence—a pocket watch given to him by Tommy—which would later be decisive evidence in finding the TRUE perpetrator: a hitman who was under orders of Tommy's cousin, Pommy Rosbif.

He will continue to become the unofficial 'informant' for Naruhodou and Mikoshiba, providing information to the two whenever he can spare his time to help out. He often makes them 'pay' for his services in Japanese sweet recipes and Japanese folk tales. In short, he takes over Ema Skye's role in the last case of the original Phoenix Wright, giving some helpful advice but ultimately unable to do much more due to his career.

Link to entry:
Spoiler: Full body image
Image

Spoiler: Expressions and sketches
Image


Quotes: "I've noticed that glasses shine if you put it at angle. For some reason it makes people look evil. Is that just me?"

Seizan/Guy:"That....that was too much for me to see."
Mikoshiba: "Why? It's only an old scroll of my father's."
Seizan/Guy: "But it's so BEAUTIFUL!" *Starts nosebleeding.*

"Your stories include a normal, average-looking guy surrounded by girls? Hmm. I should consider that for my next poem."

Seizan: "Ha ha. All according to Keikaku. That means 'plan' by the way."
Naruhodou (thoughts): Just say 'plan' like everybody else. That translation was unnecessary.

Seizan: "Ah, I remember when I first met my wife. It was almost like today."
Naruhodou: "What? Sunny? It is a beautiful day, I suppose."
Seizan: "No, it wasn't sunny that day. It was Thursday. Just like today."
Naruhodou (thoughts): What a poet...

Trivia:
—'Seizan D. Dais' is a pun for 'Seizing the Days', for his optimistic personality.
—His real name, 'Guy Chinn' is a pun for 'Gaijin', which means 'foreigner' in Japanese. This is due to the fact that he never truly fits into either the English or Japanese society, being forever a 'foreigner'.
—The name 'Seizan' and his initial occupation as 'poet' was inspired very loosely by Ernest Mason Satow, a real man living in the era who was also a Japanese-English interpreter.
—Seizan/Guy's expressions take on that of various cliche Anime expressions and poses. (E.g. Nosebleed when he starts to fangirl, sailor moon pose, Swirling eyes and starts to move like he's dizzy for his breakdown)
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

This is how I feel Seizan could sound like.
More sound clips on what he'd sound like. THANK GOD FOR DUAL LANGUAGES. BOTH OF THEM WORK SO WELL!
I've never played the game but I felt the character's voice just suited him well even if the personality's are different.
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 am

Posts: 22

Oh man, Castlevania Judgement! My fightgame team let's played that on stream once, never again though (it's so broken!)

I didn't get to mention this before, but I love the idea behind your guy! There were "Japanophiles" like this fellow back during this specific time period, so he fits pretty well! And I do like the meta-fourth-wall breakage of this dude, haha.
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

tofuplusbeast wrote:
Oh man, Castlevania Judgement! My fightgame team let's played that on stream once, never again though (it's so broken!)

I didn't get to mention this before, but I love the idea behind your guy! There were "Japanophiles" like this fellow back during this specific time period, so he fits pretty well! And I do like the meta-fourth-wall breakage of this dude, haha.


Yeah, I've never played the game myself but I was looking up references for his voice and this guy called Aeon popped up (who looks pretty swanky by the way) and though I don't have the game the voice just IMMEDIATELY clicked for me somehow.

Yeah, I felt like DGS could potentially be the bridging between the Gyakuten Saiban vs. Ace Attorney location differences so THAT was my initial motivation. Then I saw how it said Meiji Japan or Victorian England and went "Why not BOTH?" (Cue Spanish Taco girl)

I mean, the series does enough fourth-wall-breaking anyway. Plus, we need a character who ACTUALLY nerds-out. This guy is just here to add to it ;) Thanks for liking my character. Yours is cool too! Maybe us two could break the standards of our societies, RULING OVER MEIJI/VICTORIAN TIMES....if my character wasn't so much of a wimp. Who knows? Maybe we be best buddies, after Seizan stops fangirling over you, that is.
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

Gender: Female

Location: shame cube

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:01 am

Posts: 19

Alphawave wrote:
This is how I feel Seizan could sound like.
More sound clips on what he'd sound like. THANK GOD FOR DUAL LANGUAGES. BOTH OF THEM WORK SO WELL!
I've never played the game but I felt the character's voice just suited him well even if the personality's are different.

This is great! I can just imagine him waxing passionate with that smooth, lively voice... isn't it fun to close your eyes and pretend the clips you've chosen and are listening to are actually of your own character? :viola:
I'm Yumihiko Ichiyanagi and you're watching Disney Channel.

Image
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

Violet Valentine wrote:
Alphawave wrote:
This is how I feel Seizan could sound like.
More sound clips on what he'd sound like. THANK GOD FOR DUAL LANGUAGES. BOTH OF THEM WORK SO WELL!
I've never played the game but I felt the character's voice just suited him well even if the personality's are different.

This is great! I can just imagine him waxing passionate with that smooth, lively voice... isn't it fun to close your eyes and pretend the clips you've chosen and are listening to are actually of your own character? :viola:


OOoh, I know. I didn't expect him to be that smooth when I listened to the full clip but MY GOD it suits him in a weird way. Ah, I was like that when I heard Phoenix's voice for the Ace Attorney fan dub (who is AMAZING AND I CAN'T IMAGINE HIM WITH ANY OTHER VOICE IT'S TOO PERFECT. UNGH! It's too...beautiful.)

Yeah, I know the feeling. I did the same with the clip of Kuzco for yours and my god, I can't look at Kuzco OR Enrico the same anymore. Just adding a voice adds something to the character, I find, even if they just stick to the script. That might be me though, but I find it makes a difference in experience. Isn't the human voice wonderful? :redd:
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

Gender: Female

Location: shame cube

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:01 am

Posts: 19

Alphawave wrote:
OOoh, I know. I didn't expect him to be that smooth when I listened to the full clip but MY GOD it suits him in a weird way. Ah, I was like that when I heard Phoenix's voice for the Ace Attorney fan dub (who is AMAZING AND I CAN'T IMAGINE HIM WITH ANY OTHER VOICE IT'S TOO PERFECT. UNGH! It's too...beautiful.)

Yeah, I know the feeling. I did the same with the clip of Kuzco for yours and my god, I can't look at Kuzco OR Enrico the same anymore. Just adding a voice adds something to the character, I find, even if they just stick to the script. That might be me though, but I find it makes a difference in experience. Isn't the human voice wonderful? :redd:

Speaking of incredible fandubs, take a look at this (I suggest you be sitting down first...)

Ahahaha, thanks, that made me smile! And I totally agree, a voice actor can totally make or break a character. Just listen to Klavier in Dual Destinies...
I'm Yumihiko Ichiyanagi and you're watching Disney Channel.

Image
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

Violet Valentine wrote:
Speaking of incredible fandubs, take a look at this (I suggest you be sitting down first...)

Ahahaha, thanks, that made me smile! And I totally agree, a voice actor can totally make or break a character. Just listen to Klavier in Dual Destinies...


My god, I have no words for this. But instead of just marvelling this, I need to present my OWN evidence.
The BEST EDGEWORTH VOICE SO FAR!!!!!
TAKE THIS!
Oh, and TAKE THIS AS WELL!

Yes sir/madam. I am WELL educated in the act of finding real life voices/faces to existing/OC characters. Yes sirree. God, this just makes me want to hear the fandubs again...CURSES!
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

So, when did we start talking about fandubs? :eh?:
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

Oliver wrote:
So, when did we start talking about fandubs? :eh?:

Well, it STARTED with us talking about our character's if they had a voice and I guess it just went from there.....
Funny how one idea can lead to another. One minute you're having a normal conversation, the next thing you know you're suddenly the emperor of China trying to steal back your crown from a thieving peasant.

....Trust me. That's happened to me.
Internet. Just...internet.
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

One time I was talking about how I dislike Minecraft...
Next thing you know we're talking about what would happen if Hitler were never born. Whether it would really be for the better or not.
Or was that another time?
I forget.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

Funny what can happen. Conversations can quickly change after all, both in real life and on the internet.

It's a secret power, that's what it is. IT'S MAAAGGIIIIIC!
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

That ain't magic.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Posts: 23

To commemorate the end of the OC group application (and because I felt like it) I am going to work on a group picture containing ALL of the OCs hopefully. It might not work out, I might miss some characters and some OCs will have more detail than others but I hope it shall be good in the end.
So far it is a WIP
I shall update on its progress as I go along with this picture. It’ll get bigger and bigger as I add more characters.
So far, I have 4 characters. Seizan, The Striking Swordsman, Enrico and Victoria. More shall be on their way.
Image
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

What's crack-a-lackin', homie?

Gender: Female

Location: Planet Mira

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:43 am

Posts: 9

Alphawave wrote:
To commemorate the end of the OC group application (and because I felt like it) I am going to work on a group picture containing ALL of the OCs hopefully. It might not work out, I might miss some characters and some OCs will have more detail than others but I hope it shall be good in the end.
So far it is a WIP
I shall update on its progress as I go along with this picture. It’ll get bigger and bigger as I add more characters.
So far, I have 4 characters. Seizan, The Striking Swordsman, Enrico and Victoria. More shall be on their way.


That's going to be a lot of characters. I wish you luck on your arduous journey!
Apologize to the funyarinpa!
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title
User avatar

Court Illustrator

Gender: None specified

Location: Labyrinthia (PH)

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Posts: 18

Alphawave wrote:
To commemorate the end of the OC group application (and because I felt like it) I am going to work on a group picture containing ALL of the OCs hopefully. It might not work out, I might miss some characters and some OCs will have more detail than others but I hope it shall be good in the end.
So far it is a WIP
I shall update on its progress as I go along with this picture. It’ll get bigger and bigger as I add more characters.
So far, I have 4 characters. Seizan, The Striking Swordsman, Enrico and Victoria. More shall be on their way.
<snipped>

Wow! Thank you for adding Victoria aaaa ///
I wish you luck on this, I can already see that it'll be a grand illustration! :scientific:
i draw them barnlaws
art blog
Re: OC contest Fanart —SeizanTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 am

Posts: 22

responding to this late, but it looks pretty neat! Drawing every character is a huge undertaking, and you're going for a full illustration. That's pretty dope!
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO