Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

New York Comic Con CosplayTopic%20Title

Godot's the Man

So NY Comic Con is coming up in 2 months and I really want to Cosplay as Phoenix Wright. Problem is, I dont sew, and I really dont have time to learn or time to actually do the sewing (school starts soon.) So for people who have done this before, Do people ever recognize the costumes? Is it even worth it?
I really want to do it considering Ive never cosplayed, and this is my first convention. I was going to buy one online, but a Phoenix Wright costume is $90, and I really dont have that kind of money to spend on something for just one day, considering one day of the conference was already $40 (only going for one day).
So some help here, how should I precede. Should I even do it? If so, how will I get a Blue Suit, the rest is easy since the suit is what really makes the costume.
Also, any one else going to be there?
Re: New York Comic Con CosplayTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

Which Nick do you plan on going as? (There's four of them now, after all xD)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Master of sharp things!

Over the dozen-ish conventions I've been too, I have recognized a few Ace Attorney cosplays, both good and awful. I'd say it's worth it only if you really like showing off; depending on how good your cosplay goes, people will want to take pictures of/with you all the time.

If you can't make your own suit and don't have the funds to buy one, there's always the option of renting one that best matches it, though that can get expensive too. If you want a nice, quality version of the attorney's badge that will stand out, I'd recommend this one. Oh, and try to make an effort with the hair, either using a wig or styling it, because that's the part most people tend to get wrong, in my opinion.

I'm going to Comic Con too, but on Saturday. Since you paid $40, I'm assuming you're probably going one of the other days?

Godot's the Man

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Over the dozen-ish conventions I've been too, I have recognized a few Ace Attorney cosplays, both good and awful. I'd say it's worth it only if you really like showing off; depending on how good your cosplay goes, people will want to take pictures of/with you all the time.

If you can't make your own suit and don't have the funds to buy one, there's always the option of renting one that best matches it, though that can get expensive too. If you want a nice, quality version of the attorney's badge that will stand out, I'd recommend this one. Oh, and try to make an effort with the hair, either using a wig or styling it, because that's the part most people tend to get wrong, in my opinion.

I'm going to Comic Con too, but on Saturday. Since you paid $40, I'm assuming you're probably going one of the other days?

Yeah, Friday. Awww, I was hoping to see some fellow CR members there.

Ugh. Lawyers.

I
SHALL BE GOING TO NEW YORK COMIC CON

This'll be my first year! And so OF COURSE I'm going to cosplay Ace Attorney! Especially since I've loved wearing my Apollo cosplay every time I've put it on! I do need to touch it up a bit though....
Hopefully I want to go as bandaged/badass!Apollo, but if not, then I'll be regular Apollo! And I may switch to PartyPollo as the day turns to night *wonk*
OH! But I had planned on wearing him Saturday. :[ I guess, if I can't make my Blue Beetle cosplay, I could wear him both days! We'll see. Even if not I'd love to see more AA cosplayers!

YES! From what I hear/see, everyone recognizes Phoenix Wright! I'm sure people shall. Maybe you could throw together an objection sigh or take a brief case around with you as some nice accessories? :minuki:
I would say, hmmm, renting can be expensive and sewing is out...
Maybe you could go to a Good Will or second hand store, find a white suit that fits you well and is accurate as you can, and then dye it? Dye from a craft store cost between $5-$10 [the good kinds! The kinds you want to dye suit material], and then the suit hopefully shouldn't cost more than twenty bucks total! [That would depend on where you get it though, like what thrift shop haha] I planned on doing that for my Apollo cosplay, but I figure if I wanna learn how to sew I should get off my butt and just go for it. haha;;

Cosplaying is always worth it, in my opinion. Even if no one comes up to you and says they recognize you, people passing by may be talking about it! [I know sometimes I get nervous to say anything to cosplays, which is dumb I'm dumb, but I always appreciate them even if I lose my nerve]
Courtroom Romance Afficianado || Talk to me about your fav rarepairs
Apollo Justice Deserves Better
Next Turnabout Boston meetup ---> n/a
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

Godot's the Man

i-nsertnameher-e wrote:
I
SHALL BE GOING TO NEW YORK COMIC CON

This'll be my first year! And so OF COURSE I'm going to cosplay Ace Attorney! Especially since I've loved wearing my Apollo cosplay every time I've put it on! I do need to touch it up a bit though....
Hopefully I want to go as bandaged/badass!Apollo, but if not, then I'll be regular Apollo! And I may switch to PartyPollo as the day turns to night *wonk*
OH! But I had planned on wearing him Saturday. :[ I guess, if I can't make my Blue Beetle cosplay, I could wear him both days! We'll see. Even if not I'd love to see more AA cosplayers!

YES! From what I hear/see, everyone recognizes Phoenix Wright! I'm sure people shall. Maybe you could throw together an objection sigh or take a brief case around with you as some nice accessories? :minuki:
I would say, hmmm, renting can be expensive and sewing is out...
Maybe you could go to a Good Will or second hand store, find a white suit that fits you well and is accurate as you can, and then dye it? Dye from a craft store cost between $5-$10 [the good kinds! The kinds you want to dye suit material], and then the suit hopefully shouldn't cost more than twenty bucks total! [That would depend on where you get it though, like what thrift shop haha] I planned on doing that for my Apollo cosplay, but I figure if I wanna learn how to sew I should get off my butt and just go for it. haha;;

Cosplaying is always worth it, in my opinion. Even if no one comes up to you and says they recognize you, people passing by may be talking about it! [I know sometimes I get nervous to say anything to cosplays, which is dumb I'm dumb, but I always appreciate them even if I lose my nerve]

THATS AWESOME! Hopefully I can meet you there, I would love to meet some fellow CR members. Will you be there on friday, because as I said, thats my only day. I dont if Im going to end up cosplaying though. Its just a ton of work, and i dont really have much time considering school starts in a few week for me. I have tons of suits, but none that are bright blue like Phoenix's :payne:. And I would also probably have to buy a wig which is just more money, although i could probably get away with just spiking my hair.
I would really love to though...all my friends know how obsessed I am with Ace Attorney and it would be SO cool to dress up as Phoenix.
Oh well...

Ugh. Lawyers.

GyakutenGodot wrote:
THATS AWESOME! Hopefully I can meet you there, I would love to meet some fellow CR members. Will you be there on friday, because as I said, thats my only day. I dont if Im going to end up cosplaying though. Its just a ton of work, and i dont really have much time considering school starts in a few week for me. I have tons of suits, but none that are bright blue like Phoenix's :payne:. And I would also probably have to buy a wig which is just more money, although i could probably get away with just spiking my hair.
I would really love to though...all my friends know how obsessed I am with Ace Attorney and it would be SO cool to dress up as Phoenix.
Oh well...

I shall be there on Friday! :]]
And awwwww man :[ Maybe next time? Cosplaying can be a lotta work but it's always super fun! But it'd still be fun to have a meet up or something!
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

Godot's the Man

i-nsertnameher-e wrote:
I shall be there on Friday! :]]
And awwwww man :[ Maybe next time? Cosplaying can be a lotta work but it's always super fun! But it'd still be fun to have a meet up or something!

Cool! You going to do bandaged Apollo? That would be awesome! You going for the whole thing, or just Friday.
I'm SO excited, this is my first convention! Any advice for someone who's never been to one before?

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

I'll be in attendance, though probably not in PW cosplay. Depends on how good my Maggey stume looks.

Anyway, NYCC is fun! Things to note--

1) Show up in your costume! People might want to take pics of you outside the Javits, and no one likes changing in the restrooms.
2) Bring your own food, because if you don't you're going to spend an hour waiting on line at the food court to buy ten dollar wraps.
3) Same goes for water. But if you do bring water, make sure your container won't leak!
4) Bring as much money as physically possible, because you are going to see shit you want.
5) Do most of your buying on Sunday if at all possible-- some stalls will cut the prices on their merch on the last day of the con.
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Godot's the Man

Voodoo Lady wrote:
I'll be in attendance, though probably not in PW cosplay. Depends on how good my Maggey stume looks.

Anyway, NYCC is fun! Things to note--

1) Show up in your costume! People might want to take pics of you outside the Javits, and no one likes changing in the restrooms.
2) Bring your own food, because if you don't you're going to spend an hour waiting on line at the food court to buy ten dollar wraps.
3) Same goes for water. But if you do bring water, make sure your container won't leak!
4) Bring as much money as physically possible, because you are going to see shit you want.
5) Do most of your buying on Sunday if at all possible-- some stalls will cut the prices on their merch on the last day of the con.

Aww...too bad I'm only doing be there on friday. I don;t think I'm going to end up cosplaying though :payne:
What stuff do they have to buy? I saw videos of last years show floor, but I couldn't see individual items. Keep in mind I'm not really looking for comic books, I'd probably be more interesting in some cool technology item, or cool game specific merch. Do they have anything like that there. I'll probably bring my credit card, but how much should I expect to spend? $100 $200? Less?

Thanks

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Credit card is an awful idea-- vast majority of the vendors are only going to take cash.

It never fails to amaze how much you can buy at NYCC. Ignoring comics and game cartridges-- loads of wearable things, from the mundane (shirts with gaming jokes on them) to the cool (steampunk hats and miscellaneous headwear) to the ridiculous (neon-colored cat contacts). I've also seen my fair share of figurines (I bought a little Airman with a tiny rotable fan in its belly for eight bucks), plush stuff, custom-made Legos, jewelry-- and in the artist alley, there are lots and lots of pins and prints.

There's a lot of stuff there is what I'm getting at. Also-- don't overlook the artist alley. There's a surprisingly large amount of (unofficial, obvs) gaming merch there.
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Ugh. Lawyers.

YOYO Sorry I've been absent!
I"m excited! But wow I didn't realize how much this would cost. It might be the timing too, because I'm going to another con the weekend after NYCC and maybe flying out to somewhere the weekend after that so I am gonna be busy and broke haha;;

But I am excited! Although..it looks like I'm not gonna get DD!Apollo done. :[ Maybe not even his normal version with his vest.....I wanna make sure I have time to make it correctly and not rush it, ya'know?
So I may be
A really dumb
version of Apollo

I'll let ya know what goes on! I hope to get one cosplay for this done at least, and Apollo is always a fav sooooo-!
it's coming up soon tho OHMAN
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay