Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics

Page 1 of 1[ 40 posts ]

Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? The Great Revival!!!Topic%20Title

You are all foolishly foolish fools

WARNING! These comics contain spoilers for 1-4, 3-5, 4-1, 4-2 and 4-4. So don't whine if you read them without having played GS1, GS3 and GS4! However, the third and fifth ones are explicit-spoiler free...still read at your own risk.

I'm makng a sprite comic series, Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil?
It is an alternate story of 4-2, in which Apollo becomes convinced that he inherited the birthright to "Root of All Evil" (turnabout inheritor lol). I'm currently working on part five, a direct sequel to part three. With the exception of 4-conclusion, episode 4 was a spin-off. You may not be able to read it due to spoilers.

The two episodes that are free of explicit spoilers are 3 and 5. That is why, if you haven't played much of the games, I've made this guide so you can read episodes 3 and 5 without getting too confused:
Spoiler: Root of All Evil Episodes 1 and 2
In the first episode, Apollo becomes convinced that he is the root of all evil, for very spoilery reasons. He decides to go to his mentor, Kristoph for help on what to do. Then, in episode 2, he befriends Wocky Kitaki, who promises to teach him how to be "bad" if Apollo desecrates the two Blue Badgers in front of the police station. Apollo does so, only to find that Klavier already desecrated one, in the same way as Apollo was planning to! Unfortunately, Apollo gets arrested, while Klavier gets away. Episode 3 is his trial, with Kristoph, Phoenix and Trucy helping. The trial of episode 3, though, is for the desecration of the badger which Apollo actually committed. At the same time, Wocky's own trial is about to begin.

Spoiler: Root of All Evil Episode 4-Conclusion, a not-really-spoiler note about 3-5
At the end of episode 4, Wocky has a heart attack, and so Phoenix and Trucy reunite with Apollo to help him at the second part of his trial, for the desecration of the badger that Klavier painted. Maya joins them, while Kristoph leaves them. Apollo's verdict from episode 3 is overruled, making him not guilty...for now.

You need to know that in 3-5, Larry returns under the pseudonim of Laurice Deuxnim, a painter, after being a guard earlier in the game.

WARNING: IT CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR 1-4, 3-5, AND 4-1 AND 4-2 AND 4-4!!!
(This is a general warning, each comic has its own specific list of spoilers. Episodes 3 and 5 are explicit spoiler free. This means that you should only get the spoilers if you already know what it's spoiling, so you can read them if you haven't played the games.)

Episode 1 (spoilers for 3-5, 4-4):
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/PWspritecomic.png
Episode 2 (spoilers for 4-4):
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvilPart2.png
Episode 3 (implicit spoilers, 4-1, 4-4 - but NO EXPLICIT SPOILERS! Read if you can't inference anything!):
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvilPt3.png
Episode 4 (spoilers 1-4, 4-1, 4-2, 4-4):
This episode is Wocky's trial, and is WAAAY too long to be just one image. I've done the first two parts, though.
Part 1:
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvilPt4-1.png
:beef: Yes, I know that the first line is messed up. He will JUDGE "People vs. Wocky Kitaki". :beef:
Part 2:
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil4-2.png
It's the first one to have non-Ace-Attorney characters! Sorta...
Part 3:
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil4-3.png
No Manny, no udgey, just Krissi, Trucy and Wocky.
You should also see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asdN1jJw4EE,
the music video of a song parodied in this episode.
Part 4 (Only 4-1, 4-2, 1-4 spoilers and it's pretty seperate from the other spoiler filled parts, so people yet to complete 4-4 can see it.):
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil4-4.png
A personal favorite.
Feel free to take the censored bubble. It really isn't that good.
Part 5:
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil4-5.png (More 1-4, 4-4 spoilers)
The last one features sex humor, so this one features over-the-top violence. It's not as good, but it's the last one to not star Polly.
THE CONCLUSION TO EPISODE 4:
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil4-Conclusion.png
Polly's back, and has to face off against the (real?) Root of all Evil. It's not great, and it took a month to make, but I can finally get on with the series at large. Not as if Karma and Krissi aren't awesome, though. Expect Franny to take over as main villain once Klavier is defeated.

AT LONG LAST: EPISODE 5!
Part 1 (No explicit spoilers, like in episode 3):
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil5-1.png
This is a direct sequel to episode 3, though it is fractured like episode 4. Enjoy!
Oh, and by the way, the term "Burghers" refers to the upper-middle and upper classes of society, like the related term Bourgeoisie. The Burghers were the ones who owned land and were branded evil by the rebels in the Russian Revolution. There is a joke in here that requires that you know that!

Last edited by Queepo50001 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:14 am, edited 14 times in total.
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil?Topic%20Title

I'm looking forward to the rest of this. ^^

Affection!

Poor poor Polly. XD
Can't wait for more!
Still the same old...me.
I Am The Night, Colour Me Black.

omg how twisted!

Do it Apollo! DO IT! :D

yeah so I left.

But Apollo's 22, so... If Phoenix was his Dad and Dahlia was his mum, Phoenix would have been 14 and Dahlia would have been... 13... euuwww...,,

Ac#e to the rescue!!! Avvy be Leeling.

AHAHAHA! I KNEW that kid was messed up! XD kidding. But seriously, this is great stuff!
Thanks to the combined awesomeness of Ceres and the Vickinator, I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
...Just kidding. But check out the sig they made me!

Actually, :odoroki: and :minuki: only share a mother, so Phoenix isn't Apollo's dad. The next comic (there will probably be around five) will start following a twisted version of 4-2, with Wocky and :garyuu: starring. It will be out sometime next week, and will be a fair amount longer.

Posted a photo of my face ONCE, find it.

Queepo50001 wrote:
Actually, :odoroki: and :minuki: only share a mother, so Phoenix isn't Apollo's dad. The next comic (there will probably be around five) will start following a twisted version of 4-2, with Wocky and :garyuu: starring. It will be out sometime next week, and will be a fair amount longer.

That means, they can marry each other?
OM NOM NOM Image

Spoiler: 3-5, 4-2, 4-4...just like the comic itself...
Not quite. You cannot marry if you share a grandparent by blood or a parent by adoption. They both share :chinami: 's parents by Polly's view. Mind you, this is just a misinterpretation on Apollo's part - he'll learn the truth later on once he meets Dollie's true successor, :mina: . And, despite :chinami: being 13 as of Polly's birth sounds disgusting (remember, it's just a misunderstanding), she WAS planning murder by age 14.

But that's gonna be the conclusion of the series. I'm almost done with episode two now, and it's over twice the legnth of the first.

Edited: I was coerced into doing it!

Last edited by Queepo50001 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted a photo of my face ONCE, find it.

Queepo50001 wrote:
Not quite. You cannot marry if you share a grandparent by blood or a parent by adoption.
Spoiler:
They both share :chinami: 's parents by Polly's view. Mind you, this is just a misinterpretation on Apollo's part - he'll learn the truth later on once he meets Dollie's true successor, :mina: . And, despite :chinami: being 13 as of Polly's birth sounds disgusting (remember, it's just a misunderstanding), she WAS planning murder by age 14.

But that's gonna be the conclusion of the series. I'm almost done with episode two now, and it's over twice the legnth of the first.

You should've done it this way, friend!
Spoiler-tag the details or you might get penalized by the judge Admins.

Edit that post of yours, please. Thankz!
OM NOM NOM Image

Moving on up!

This is great. I can't wait to see where Apollo's twisted thoughts take him next.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

They take him to prison! I hereby present episode two!
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvilPart2.png
It only contains 4-4 spoilers this time...but if you haven't read the more spoilerish first episode you may feel a bit lost.
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 2 up!Topic%20Title

Ac#e to the rescue!!! Avvy be Leeling.

What the-... Who the-... Aw man! XD
Thanks to the combined awesomeness of Ceres and the Vickinator, I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
...Just kidding. But check out the sig they made me!

rock on and peace out everyone!!!

this is hilarious. i knew sumthing was wrong with apollo!!

The third one is up! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvilPt3.png
This time, it doesn't contain explicit spoilers, though it implies some things that you'll learn about in 4-1 and 4-4. You probably won't get the implications if you haven't played those cases. You may also have a hard time because the story, though summarized at the top, will be confusing to people who haven't read the first two. But you may still enjoy it! Sorry for the delay, by the way; the next one hopefully won't take so long. The next one will be about Kristoph at Wocky's trial, and will contain serious 4-4 spoilers. Sorry...
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 3 finally up!Topic%20Title

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

"HAND ON THE GROUND! KNEES ON THE CEILING!"

These are hilarious. XD Great job! =)
-The PW Musical!- In love with, and CR married to, Winged Cloud! <3
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 4, pt 1 and 2 up!Topic%20Title

Episode 4 is half (or a third) up! It'll be broken into 4-6 parts... the current script says five. But then again, the script is in my head, not on paper, soooooooo...
Manfred Vs. Kristoph is the ultimate rivalry/pairing! Trust me, once you read episode 4, you WILL agree. Unless you hate crack, yaoi, or cross-arc pairings...or just hate me and my hopelessly insane humor.

Affection!

I can't help but secretly laugh out loud at this awesome comic. xD
It really made my day.
Still the same old...me.

Property of Big Corporate Things Inc.

EPIC AWSOMENESS.

[Words]

lol. :gant:
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 4, pt 3 up!Topic%20Title

The third part of episode 4 is up! It isn't as funny, I know, but it should work if you know the song Walkie Talkie Man. This will be my last episode for about 1.5-2 weeks (end-of-summer vacation), and even then I will not be able to complete them as quickly, as the normal year will have started (as in school). Still, I'll be able to finish the series in about 2-3 months time. My script keeps getting bigger, but I have Episode 4 planned out.

The next part will focus on why Stickler was late, which I have plenty of good material for. And yes, the defence will eventually win through some contrived (and hopefully funny) arguments (Apollo will have to finish the job, though, so episode 4 isn't the end of Wocky's arc). And Krissi and Manfred will eventually fall in love. Episode 5, which will maybe be 2 or 3 parts long (it won't be an epic like episode 4, probably half the legnth), will have Apollo win his case against the other Blue Badger. You'll see how he escapes the first guilty verdict. Episode 6 will be short (probably one part, but a longer image than the episode 4 parts), and will focus on Apollo in Wocky's trial, against Stickler, who will be called back to the stand. Krissi and Manfred will be taken off the case at the conclusion of episode4, but I won't tell you how:) I'm now thinking the total will be eight episodes, though the final four won't be nearly as long as episode 4. There may be a filler sub-episode between episodes four and five, but it will be short.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, but I would enjoy some descriptive feedback, especially over my stylistic choices (like color patterns, the red-on-black aesthetic in the first few, the text boxes, which I have been told are too dark due to transparency, etc.) I'll probably fix the color of the text boxes after episode 4. While episode 4-3 had an interesting symetrical pattern with the red panels as opposed to 4-1 and 4-2, I want all parts of episode 4 to generally be alike in such things as the 6-pixel borders, colors, etc. I'll post the episode as one behemoth file when all five or six (still can't decide) parts have been completed.

Have I said enough?
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 4, pt 4 up!Topic%20Title

I'm back from vacation, and now have done part 4 of episode 4...which, as (Root of All Evil) 4-4, naturally has no spoilers for (Apollo Justice) 4-4... :nick:
Oh, and when I say "give feedback", that doesn't mean "don't make any comments". This thread had no activity while I was gone (and the forum was still up). I hate to have multiple posts of mine one after another.
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 4, pt 5 up!Topic%20Title

Part five is up! This is the last episode 4 one, and, though 4-conclusion will come next, it will feature Polly and not :karma: :garyuu: :( . Enjoy the bloodiness, as this comic is just unabashedly violent.

yeah so I left.

Hahahahaha!

Love it!

Affection!

Lmao, that's some scary shit there. :|
Still the same old...me.
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? Episode 4 FINALLY DONE!!!Topic%20Title

*sound of weird midi-bagpipe*
I have an announcement...
*triumphant trumpets*
My series is back! :edgy:
Here's the conclusion to the episode 4 arc, and, unfortunately the last one for a while to have the awesomeness of :garyuu: . Still, Apollo's story is picking up (hopefully), andhe'll win his trial by the end of the less-massive episode five.

Affection!

OMG, the conclusion was so bad, it was great. xD
Still the same old...me.

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Pretty funny, but you were too lazy with the text boxes, specifically the names.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

How was I lazy with the names? I looked, and the only two panels missing names were the introductions of Franny and Wocky, when it was obvious who was talking. Did those confuse you? I did notice that some of the text in the boxes went farther than the text box. If too many people have trouble with that, I can fix it.

♥Klavier and Ema fan forever ♥

at the end of episode four i really didn't notice the baliff :payne: :yogi:
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

Couples I support? well...
♥Klavier and Ema♥

SHINing key~kayfaradaylove.

Location: sydney the land of the crap transport system RISE AND KILL~

OMG!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "people who are evil always have white eyes..." "now phoenix because i am incapable of winning by myself you will have to help me. just sit on the seat beside me pretending to do nothing but actually doing all the work."
SHINee|B2ST|빅뱅i|U-KISS|2AM|4minute|2NE1|SNSD<3
"people who always eat instant noodles never die." taboo_neku

rock on and peace out everyone!!!

I love this series!!!

I've been busy lately, but I'll be done with Episode 5 part 1 soon (I'm fracturing it so it can take less long per episode). I'm making it spoiler-free, so it can be a direct sequel to episode 3.

Guess who's druuuuunk~!

Location: Watching iCarly, 'cause y'know that's where it's at!

That comic is hilarious!!

Putting the M in Cobalt

THAT WAS EASILY THE BEST WEBCOMIC I'VE READ IN A WHILE.

JUST SO YOU KNOW. EMA/WESTLEY AND KRISTOPH/KARMA ARE NOW MY NEW OTPS. <3

I look forward to the next update!! :DDD
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
I made my avatar and sig.
You should totes visit my cosplay thread :Db
Tyrell Badd Facts!

Fo Shiz lol

ROFL!!!!!!! fo sure. :hobohodo:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fo shiz. :hobohodo:
Re: Apollo Justice: Root of All Evil? The Great Revival!!!Topic%20Title

I'm back, after temporarly quitting for a few months!
The new comic is Episode 5, Part 1. It is a direct sequel to Episode 3, as it contains no explicit spoilers, and, save for some events in the conclusion of Episode 4 (if you can't read 4-Conclusion due to spoilers, read my synopsis at the top to fill you in), is back to Apollo vs. Klavier without episode 4 being relevant. Without further ado:

http://www.samuelhyattgames.com/RootOfAllEvil5-1.png

Please don't hate me for the jokes about fangirls. I know that if you're reading this, there's a 90% chance that you're one of them, and so I just used the strangeness of your species for some cheap humor. Forgive me.
[Copied and pasted from the top]
The term "Burghers" refers to the upper-middle and upper classes of society, like the related term Bourgeoisie. The Burghers were the ones who owned land and were branded evil by the rebels in the Russian Revolution. There is a joke in here that requires that you know that!

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Klavier fangirls. ):<
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

I finally have a sig and avatar! Hope you like them!

Putting the M in Cobalt

Hahaha! They're great!! XDD

Much like your new comic! Trucy was hilarious! "OMG!" "KLAVIER I LOVE YOU!!" XDDD
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
I made my avatar and sig.
You should totes visit my cosplay thread :Db
Tyrell Badd Facts!
Page 1 of 1 [ 40 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics