Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Turning Ace Attorney Music into Songs with LyricsTopic%20Title

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

^Worst thread title ever.

I thought I should make a new thread for this, since those are nothing like the remixes I do.

So, I have a faible for writting lyrics to Video Game Music. I've done that yet for Kingdom Hearts, Zelda and, yes, Ace Attorney.

I simply write apropriate, but not too specific Lyrics for the melody and then sing and arrange it myself in Magix Music Maker. I try my best to make it sound good, but my singing voice isn't exactly siren-like... Still, I'd like to share the video with you.

So far I've done:

The cornered-theme from Apollo Justice

Maya's Theme (both versions of the theme mixed)

Feedback Appreciated. Advice about bad parts in the lyrics very appreciated. Advice about how to make the singing less atrocial very, very appreciated.

Pure Flames not Appreciated. :godot:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: Turning Ace Attorney Music into Songs with LyricsTopic%20Title

earthlings on fire

Oh, that's very creative. I really enjoyed them, especially Maya's.

:maya:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

All your case are belong to us

Isn't that Lilie Heatherd objecting in 'Overtaken'?
Great songs and lyrics!

Last edited by McTrenchcoat on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Team Stepladder, represent!

...I already commented on YouTube, but it deserves reiteration...
Those are so wonderfully catchy, well-sung, and excellently written!! :keiko:

I absolutely love "Overtaken." It was kind of...stuck in my head today... :yuusaku:
I'm inclined to agree with that YT comment that it ought to be the theme song for a theoretical AJ anime, because those lyrics summarize the spirit of the whole game so very perfectly!

Two of my favorite lines:

..."hidden in the phoenix's heart / let it rise with the sun now"...
:ack: I-I GET IT! Because a "Phoenix" rises from the ashes...but "Apollo" is the god that makes the sun rise...and now it's Apollo's turn to bring up the truth... [/probably obvious stuff that I failed to realize until after several re-listens...]

..."I can feel the tension here / how it tightens around me"...
...What's this vibe I'm getting!? Oh right, it's another clever reference that took me way too long to get!

I would really love to hear any other AA lyrics you may write. It's great to have such appropriate words to sing along to!

@Cravat of Doom :

Thanks! I really put lots of thought into the lyrics for Maya's theme. I just wanted them to sound... Maya! :-P

@McTrenchcoat:

Jup, that's her. I thought that, since I already had a clip of my own voice objecting, why not use it in there? ^^

@AsaTurney:

T-That was you on Youtube?! Now I feel aweful for not responding to the comments already... T-T

Thank you a lot! I am so glad you like the lyrics! They are the only reason I am putting those fansongs up in the first place... I don't do it to show off my "great" voice, that's sure... :yuusaku: I just love coming up with lyrics... Sometimes I even compose my own J-Pop style songs (three to date), but I barely ever show those to anyone, since my singing... well... uhm... meep.... T-T

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Last edited by Neni on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matryoshka~

You're so good at this! I could never write lyrics. By the way, if I give credit to you for the lyrics, can I do a cover for Maya's theme? :maya:

Megan-Chan wrote:
You're so good at this! I could never write lyrics. By the way, if I give credit to you for the lyrics, can I do a cover for Maya's theme? :maya:

Of course you can! I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like done by someone else! ;-)

Team Stepladder, represent!

Neni wrote:
T-That was you on Youtube?!

Haha, yes -- but it's much better to comment here. Darn YouTube with its tiny 500-character limit! There's no way I can say everything I want to in that small space...

Like, on the Maya song, my mentioning just one part as my favorite almost feels like a lie; there are too many nice lines to choose from...
Since then, I've also gotten really attached to the line:
"Come and show your smile, like you once told me to do
I swear, I won't cry, since I believe in you
"...
...All the lyrics show such a great balance between Maya's strong, mature side and her childish, not-yet-mature side, and it's of course both of those sides that make her the Maya we know and love, so it worked out really well. :maya:

Neni wrote:
Thank you a lot! I am so glad you like the lyrics! They are the only reason I am putting those fansongs up in the first place... I don't do it to show off my "great" voice, that's sure... :yuusaku: I just love coming up with lyrics... Sometimes I even compose my own J-Pop style songs (three to date), but I barely ever show those to anyone, since my singing... well... uhm... meep.... T-T

...Ahhh...I love to write lyrics too, and I always feel the exact same way...
But I don't think you really need to worry about it; I like the sound of your voice. I don't think it takes away from the enjoyment of the lyrics at all. ^^
...And if those J-pop songs were PW-relevant, I'd try to pressure you to post them here RIGHT NOW! I guess I can't, though. :-P Still, you should definitely consider showing them off on your YouTube channel; I'm sure they're awesome...

You should all DEFINITELY check out Adrisaurus on Youtube. She's done some GREAT work turning Ace Attorney music into songs with lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWouAkiNliA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_a5_U3KVFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3t1dFNpTw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn_fk6AV1l8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpyrKHeXe-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dj9kgNNHck

While these last two aren't directly based on Ace Attorney music, you should also check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY65N3gya1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYqDKKm8 ... re=related

Uhm, Tifforo, this is kinda my thread... Adri has her own thread here. And while I really LOOOOOVE her works, it doesn't really sit right with me that you are advertising them in my thread... I don't want to feel selfish, but it kinda gives me inferiority complexes because of how much my songs suck compared to hers... :yuusaku:

So, yeah... ^^; Please don't do that... Go to her thread if you want to comment on her awesomeness (which I wouldn't even deny in my wildest dreams, because it's true).

Oh sorry! I should've guessed that she would have a thread here! I guess I should have searched for it. The thread title made me think of some of her work.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix