Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Neni's Remixes and Fanmusic (Updated: 15.10.11)Topic%20Title

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Caution: Most of these are currently offline. I am trying to get them back on soon, don't worry!

So, yeah, apparently I do Fanmusic too...

Hah... Hah... Hah...

(Good thing that my time at university starts tomorrow. Maybe then I'll finally do something, dunno, USEFUL with my life. -_-;)

Anyway, most of this music was done with my fanfiction in mind and, pretty much, for it. So, if my fanfic was a fangame, this would probably be the soundtrack... Just so you get the idea.

Layton-into-Ace Attorney Remixes:

Spoiler: Puzzle-into-Crossexamination
The first Layton game's puzzle theme made into two Crossexamination themes:
Moderato
Allegro

And the editable Midi versions:
Moderato (Midi)
Allegro (Midi)

Remixed Character Themes:

Spoiler: Dahlia and Iris
Let's start with Dollie and Iris. They share "Distant Traces of Beauty", of course. But since in my fanfic their connection and the fact that they're twins is established from the start, I decided to give each of them her own version, featuring different instruments:

Dahlia

Iris

The lead instrumt for Dahlia's version is a harp, while it's a flute in Iris' version. Thought it would fit. Also, Iris' version is pitched up and features a Shamisen for added Japanese feel.

Spoiler: Trucy
Next, a theme for the young version of Trucy, in the vein of Pearl's theme:

Young Trucy

Mostly an instrument-swap of "Child of Magic". I added some notes, in order to emulate the feeling that "With Pearly" has in comparison to "Turnabout Sisters" and replaced the drums with Castagnettas. The used instruments are Vibraphone, Music Box, Wind Chime, Atmosphere-FX and Marimba, I think.

Spoiler: Apollo
Since Polly needs love too!

15 years old Apollo appears in my fanfic and, naturally needs a Non-Objection theme for himself...
My solution was taking the Ending-theme of "AA:AJ" , editing out some parts, changing the instrument and and the pace and, viola! POLLY-DIALOUGE THEME! *proud*
Apollo

I really put effort into my decision about which instruments to use... I finally decided to use a Steel Guitar for the main melody, because... Uhm... "Steel Guitar"... "Chords of Steel". Get it? ^^;

Fanfic Original Music

Spoiler: BGM for the Dream Scenes
Lingering Fears
If you read my fanfic, you know that there are some pretty mind-screwy scenes involving, Pearl, a Meadow and a very, very confused Phoenix. That's the music that "would" play during those scenes, if they were a fangame.
I composed the melody myself with a Midi-Programm (and am actually proud of doing so) and used Synth-Font to get the best sounding Shamisen and Fantasia Sounds I could get for it, but the arrangement was largely done in MAGIX Music Maker. It is supposed to sound Japan-ish, because the melody itself has a connection to Kurain and will come up again and again over the course of the story...

Spoiler: Lilie Heatherd (OC)
Now, this one is special, because it's made from the scratch... I played around with my Midi-Programm and my MAGIX Music Maker, until I got something that sounded somewhat close to the chara-theme that I imagined for her. (In case you don't know it, she's a witness in my fanfic. A. Pretty. Bratty. Witness.)

That's why I decidedly WARN you. I am, by no means, a professional composer and DON'T reach the standarts of the likes of Iwamoto-san! However, this song might give you a good idea what kind of music I had in mind when I envisioned the character.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you: My attempt at creating music from the scratch!

BE BRAVE! :uramidn:

Lilie Heatherd

And, as a Bonus!!

LogicChess/PsycheLocks/Perceive Remix!

The Midi Files were converted into somewhat Real-Sounding audio-files using "SynthFont". It's a good programm. Really.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Last edited by Neni on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Neni's Remixes and FanmusicTopic%20Title

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Hehe I think these are very good music, I didn't listen to them all, however I listened to Dahlia's traces of beauty, trucys theme, and your OC's theme too. I enjoyed them all and think you have used the right instruments to get the right feeling across. Well done :pearl:

These are great! You kinda do mixes similar to me... I also use MIDIs, but I use a different program to convert them, though. They sound really good, keep up the good work!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,

In the Honor of ProfessorLaytonVS.GyakutenSaiban

I will offer you some new music, so-so-some new music,

I'll offer you tea and some new music!

(Everybody who doesn't get this REALLY missed out on some very fine Youtube-Poops... XD)

Alright! So, because the new Crossover between Ace Attorney and Professor Layton was announced, I sat down and remixed the first Layton Game's puzzle theme (which, in my opinion, is an awesome, errily beautiful tune) into AA-style Cross-Examination themes.

Here we have Moderato

And here we have Allegro

I didn't simply swap instruments. I copied tracks, changed pitches, paces and even added some new tracks whereever it was necessary (I needed to create a rhythm track from scratch for the Allegro one)

I tried to use only instruments which are commonly featured within the Cross-Examination themes. :keiko:

I love those two pieces a lot. :bellboy:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: Neni's Remixes and Fanmusic (Updated: 23.10.10)Topic%20Title

Matryoshka~

Those. Are. AWESOME. :pealshock:

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

What addon do I need to hear the previews of those songs without having to download them? D:

Darth GW7 wrote:
What addon do I need to hear the previews of those songs without having to download them? D:

Frankly, I don't know...

But since you're not the first one to have this problem, here:

I uploaded the tiny-sized Midi Versions of the remixes as well. The previewing should work with them:

Moderato (Midi)

Allegro (Midi)

Of course, the MP3s sound much better and have nicer instruments...

I still can't access the preview, it says I need a plugin for firefox... but it doesn't tell me what I need.

I feel violated... and crispy...

I think your original piece is your best, actually. Give yourself a little more credit! It's very energetic, a bit playful, I could definitely see this as some bratty kid's theme.

Your remixes are fun too. I can't get Apollo's to play, but I'm really liking the others. I look forward to see what else you come up with!
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

Fixed it. I like the Cross Examination themes, and your remixes for Dahlia/Iris! :keiko:

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I LOOOOVE the layton examination remix themes, if they don't use something similar to that in the game i will be dissapointed.
Keep up the good work, not just in remixes, but also fanart, sprites, fanfiction, Uni, and everything else you do in some strange world you live in where you have unlimited time to do everything.
Joke, of course. Just stay sane, alright.

Darth GW7 wrote:
I still can't access the preview, it says I need a plugin for firefox... but it doesn't tell me what I need.

I have this problem as well. However, when I clicked to download the file, I get a buffering video. I click on that and it makes me download something called XvidSetup.exe. I recommend you host these files on a different site, because I don't want to download something (The plugin your host site requires) that could potentially put viruses on my computer.

New piece of Music for my fanfic:

BGM for the dream scenes:

"Lingering Fear"

If you read my fanfic, you know that there are some pretty mind-screwy scenes involving, Pearl, a Meadow and a very, very confused Phoenix. That's the music that "would" play during those scenes, if they were a fangame.
I composed the melody myself with a Midi-Programm (and am actually proud of doing so) and used Synth-Font to get the best sounding Shamisen and Fantasia Sounds I could get for it, but the arrangement was largely done in MAGIX Music Maker. It is supposed to sound Japan-ish, because the melody itself has a connection to Kurain and will come up again and again over the course of the story...

Post reply time!

Quote:
I think your original piece is your best, actually. Give yourself a little more credit! It's very energetic, a bit playful, I could definitely see this as some bratty kid's theme.

Your remixes are fun too. I can't get Apollo's to play, but I'm really liking the others. I look forward to see what else you come up with!

Hearing this from someone who's involved with the PW Musical really, REALLY means a lot to me! I mean, you guys sure know about music! I ADORE your work! ^^ (IT'S GOTTA BE THE BUTZ! HA CHA! :larry2: )

I'm feeling really flattered!! :bellboy:

Darth GW7 wrote:
Fixed it. I like the Cross Examination themes, and your remixes for Dahlia/Iris! :keiko:

Thanks! I think the Layton Cross-Examine themes may be among my personal favorites too. :will:

Romeo wrote:
Keep up the good work, not just in remixes, but also fanart, sprites, fanfiction, Uni, and everything else you do in some strange world you live in where you have unlimited time to do everything.

Well, actually, I should probably study a little more for Uni. It's not like I was behind or anything, but you can never be too far ahead... and I really need to learn the first 10-20 Kanji... :yuusaku:

nekonohime wrote:
I have this problem as well. However, when I clicked to download the file, I get a buffering video. I click on that and it makes me download something called XvidSetup.exe. I recommend you host these files on a different site, because I don't want to download something (The plugin your host site requires) that could potentially put viruses on my computer.

Alright, I'll upload all of them on a different server right now. Thanks for telling me about the problem! ^^

Re: Neni's Remixes and Fanmusic (Updated: 30.10.10)Topic%20Title

This is beautiful... I could never do any original pieces like this. I would love to get Magix Music Maker (Had the trial and loved it) but I didn't want to pay the outrageous price for it.

SynthFont... Never used it. I'm gonna try it out and see how it works for me.

Your remixes are pretty good! :redd: I haven't listened to everything yet, but I will. The Puzzle Cross Examination sounds really nice, and is probably my favourite. And Young Trucy - I love the Music Box feeling it has! :keiko:

The Trusty Nudal!

Great remixes!

I really love the one for Lily Heatherd. You really get the feeling to come across.

Quest a question: What program do you use?

Anyways, keep up the awesome work! ^^
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

I'm workin' on it.

Aw, Neni, can't you upload the files again? I really want to hear what they sound like... :larry:
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

OK; before I go and reupload all my broken Links (Which I will do, don't worry), have something new:

A remix of the Logic Chess Theme, featuring also the Psyche Locks Melody and the Perceive Melody :phoenix: :edgeworth: :odoroki:

Re: Neni's Remixes and Fanmusic (Updated: 15.10.11)Topic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

Neni wrote:
OK; before I go and reupload all my broken Links (Which I will do, don't worry), have something new:

A remix of the Logic Chess Theme, featuring also the Psyche Locks Melody and the Perceive Melody :phoenix: :edgeworth: :odoroki:

IMO; it's not bad, pretty catchy to be honest, but some instrument choices would have been better.
For example...I'm not sure of using koto and...was that a car horn I heard or something? Trumpet? Meh...
...No idea what to change them though, but still pretty darn good.
It got me as good as this one guys video on YouTube, where he/she combicined ItT 2001 & 2009.
Like I said, same result here. Eargasm.
ImageImageImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix