Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

AwesomeYears' Ace Attorney Custom/Fan MusicTopic%20Title

Listens to Ace Attorney music 24/7

G'day all,

My new years resolution for 2020 is to start composing music regularly, and I thought I'd start by creating my own soundtrack for a DS-era Ace Attorney game. Each song I compose will be faithful to the DS style by using only DS soundfonts (primarily the Ace Attorney Trilogy soundfonts and Investigation soundfonts) with the exception of a couple of 8bit VSTs. I aim to replicate the Ace Attorney Trilogy music style the best I can while adding my own flair. If you like my songs and want to use it for whatever project you're using it for, feel free to use it (with credit of course as "AwesomeYears")!

Thanks for listening!

Investigation Opening 2020
Courtroom Lobby ~ A Dynamic Prelude
Jolting Logic

Last edited by AwesomeYears on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: AwesomeYears' Ace Attorney Custom/Fan MusicTopic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

It sounds good but it ends up sounding more like it belongs in a Gameboy or NES game.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Rehncohro wrote:
It sounds good but it ends up sounding more like it belongs in a Gameboy or NES game.

I do agree with you to an extent, I did use a lot more chiptune sounds in this song than what's usually used in an Ace Attorney song, however, I do believe that the AA Trilogy really pushes square waves in their OSTs, you listen to any song from the trilogy and I guarantee you 8/10 times you will hear a square wave in the song. In fact, I took some of the instrumentation straight from the Trials and Tribulations soundfont of the Investigation Opening.

Anyway, got a new track for you guys, and I'm probably going to follow the OST route when composing my next songs, so next song will be the court music.

Courtroom Lobby ~ A Dynamic Prelude

I'm most likely going to fix this particular song a bit because some of the instrumentation and sections doesn't feel right to me so I've gotta figure it out in the meantime.

Jolting Logic

I lied, I had a really good logic theme stuck in me and had to get it out there first. I went a bit overboard with the length of the piece, it's twice as long as the Logic theme from AA1! Still, I think for you musicians you'd appreciate the time signature at least if you can figure it out :^)

Courtroom Lobby ~ A Dynamic Prelude v2

And I've fixed up the previous piece by making it not as boring and plain and empty, and added a few more ideas and swapped the bass with something punchier. So listen to that one instead of the old theme please.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix