Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 2[ 78 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

How many people here are lawyers/know a lawyer?Topic%20Title

JFAC4

Because I'm being accused of murder.

Just kidding. I know I saw a topic like this a year ago, but I can't find it so I'm just posting this anyway.

Anyway, who was actually inspired by PW to practice law? Even if you weren't, do you practice law? I'm just kind of curious.
Re: How many people here are lawyers/know a lawyer?Topic%20Title

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

OH OH OH.
Epic story.
My cousin is becoming a Lawyer and is also getting Married next year, and the guy shes getting Married to is named "Wright"
XDDD I lol'd When I saw the invitation!
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

Wow, talk about coincidence! XD

Hmm...I've studied intro law and I'm in the process of becoming a lawyer. ^^ (can that count??)

1000% Knight

Both my parents are lawyers xD Sometimes I show my mom PW games 'cause of that, and every 5 seconds she is able to find something that wouldn't happen in real life xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wooooooow....does your mother ever pressure you into going into law? My friend's mother is a lawyer, and she kept on pestering my friend to follow her footsteps...it's so severe though, the way she treats him.

She bans him from going out with his friends (us), forbids him from drawing anime (because they "encourage him to dream and fantasize"). Coincidentally, he's also the oldest son in the family, so I guess that's also why she's so harsh. But really, she can seriously tone down. Don't need to kill your son's social life, geez.

acro272 wrote:
Because I'm being accused of murder.

Just kidding. I know I saw a topic like this a year ago, but I can't find it so I'm just posting this anyway.

Anyway, who was actually inspired by PW to practice law? Even if you weren't, do you practice law? I'm just kind of curious.

I'm not a lawyer (as I've said before), but I was studying law well before the game was released in the U.S. I was suggested to study law and pursue a legal career by a few of my mentors who were trianing me in leadership.

They tested me on citizenship first, and they found that I wrote a lot (theyw ere sisters recently graduated). They asked my mom what I liked to do, and my mom said "Read and write a lot" (that's true...I'm a bookworm! Fear me!! >:D...I'm kidding). Then they suggested that I take some intro courses in law, because being a lawyer requires being able to read and write a lot.

Me > You!

My grandpa used to be a lawyer.
The PW games would have inspired me to practice law, but then I remembered that in a real-life courtroom, I probably wouldn't be given as much time to answer questions or point out flaws in arguments, and would have to resort to lying through my teeth. Robert Hammond is NOT the kind of attorney I'd want to be.
Image Image
Like father, like son.
LiveJournal - deviantART - YouTube - Sprites

Crazed Ninja wrote:
My grandpa used to be a lawyer.
The PW games would have inspired me to practice law, but then I remembered that in a real-life courtroom, I probably wouldn't be given as much time to answer questions or point out flaws in arguments, and would have to resort to lying through my teeth. Robert Hammond is NOT the kind of attorney I'd want to be.

True, you won't have that much time. True also is that not a lot of people (perhaps none?) would want to be a lying lawyer. However, it's pretty dark, nobody knows who's lying and who's not in the court of law, but seeing is believing, so whatever one can prove, I guess.

However, in real life, a lawyer get months to know his/her cases well enough to present their cases, and also real attorneys usually work in at least groups of two. So at this point, you usually hope your partner(s) can bail you out when you can't say anything.

Haha my mom's a lawyer and my friend's parents are both lawyers thats all I know :>

When I first bought the AA games though I showed them to my mom and she completely lol'd, and when I played the games she also kept pointing out the things that don't happen in real life xDD

Put that cookie down!

My dad is a solicitor...does that count? :oops:

The master of Judging 64

MaimJay wrote:
Haha my mom's a lawyer and my friend's parents are both lawyers thats all I know :>

When I first bought the AA games though I showed them to my mom and she completely lol'd, and when I played the games she also kept pointing out the things that don't happen in real life xDD

Did you make a list? XD. Though does she know it was based on the Japanese system? There still stuff that isn't true but there are something that don't happen in the US but JP. Though I'm not even 100% sure :P.

btw I know no one nor is one.

1000% Knight

Amii_Kakure wrote:
Wooooooow....does your mother ever pressure you into going into law?

Nah. About once a month she's like,
"Maybe you'd like going into law?"
Then I say: "Why?"
Then she says: "Because you like that game so much."
Then I say: "Yeah, but RL law isn't as fun or exciting as the game, so nah."

Amii_Kakure wrote:
My friend's mother is a lawyer, and she kept on pestering my friend to follow her footsteps...it's so severe though, the way she treats him.

She bans him from going out with his friends (us), forbids him from drawing anime (because they "encourage him to dream and fantasize"). Coincidentally, he's also the oldest son in the family, so I guess that's also why she's so harsh. But really, she can seriously tone down. Don't need to kill your son's social life, geez.

Yeah, I know about that... I have a friend like that, except it's being a doctor, not a lawyer... and it's both parents.

Actually, it's more like I had a friend like that. That's how bad it got :larry:

ough.....that's REAL bad. There's nothing worse than parents trying to make their kids live their lives for them.

Right now, my friend seems to be a bit better off. His mom doesn't pressure him as much, but she still likes to be so restricting. So he chose business instead of his original dream, gaming design (his stuff's neat and he's definitely got the passion for it). Since his mom was absolutely against it, she's kinda' gruffly ok with him going into business right now. :lana:

I hope he doesn't end up as a friend I used to have... :shoe:

キラキラ ♥

my economics teacher was a lawyer. I'll hafta ask him if he was prosecutor or defence..
but he also hunts elephants..

操纵距离程度的能力

I know a lawyer as an online friend^-^ very nice person, but he's always really busy...Once I was playing a role of prosecutor in a trail game and he actually gave me some advices XDDD. Sometimes I give him advices as well, but they usually don't help. orz
You can call me whatever you want:3

Two more games coming up soon

One of my mom's friend is a young attorney and my German cousin's a judge.
The latter started working at 28 :)
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Zoinks

My grandad was a lawyer. I'm named after him. :keiko:
Also, I worked in a solicitors' office for a week so I "know" plenty of lawyers, I guess. :lana:
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

I like a man with a big... vocabulary.

My brother and dad are lawyers.... They both hate the Ace Attorney games though. They hate things that "mock" them... They're not the nicest people ever so... yeah. :scientific:
Many thanks to Vickinator for the avatar!

No reason to be excited

I don't know a lawyer. I wanted to be a lawyer once but then I realized that it's not possible. I should probably try to get to know one though, cuz I'll be getting into a lotta trouble.

Judgemaster64 wrote:
MaimJay wrote:

Did you make a list? XD. Though does she know it was based on the Japanese system? There still stuff that isn't true but there are something that don't happen in the US but JP. Though I'm not even 100% sure :P.

btw I know no one nor is one.

Haha no though I do remembering her saying stuff like "You aren't allowed food or drink in a real courtroom and even if it was allowed it certainly wouldn't be allowed to throw it at other people in the courtroom" (talking about Godot's coffee xD). And I don't think she knows :/ I'm not really sure but I don't think she does.*

Oooh~~!! Tell me more!! :D

1000% Knight

Ooh! Ooh! Yay!! ^_^

*gathers around MaimJay for storytime*

My uncle's an attorney. I never asked him what kind, though. ^_^;; Next time I see him I'll have to ask him.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Pipin' hot Justice.

Well, my brother, Matthew, is determined to go to school for Law (he's a Senior in high school now) and he made Captain of his school's Mock Trial Team after being involved for just one year. He's very passionate about the subject, so I'm happy to see him going for what he believes in. In a few ways, he actually reminds me of a Young Miles. -hugs little brother- He was born for the career.

Actually, my younger brother Matthew, my youngest brother Sean, and I are all moving towards careers in Criminal Justice, so we get along very well. I kind of like discussing Matt's mock trial cases... and he said he was going to pull some Phoenix Wright moves at meets. :gant-clap2:

1000% Knight

I smell a perfect opportunity for hidden cameras arising....

~~

PW kinda inspired me to become a lawyer when I grow up. I read some trial reports in the newspapers and think about I would have handled the case.
:lol:
♥Twatanorm♥
Signature by blinq

Bad Player wrote:
Ooh! Ooh! Yay!! ^_^

*gathers around MaimJay for storytime*

Haha oh well ok:

So I live in Canada, and in Canada you don't yell objection you just say 'I object..' and so on so my mother said 'We don't yell objection very loudly and in a real court room no one says 'Take That!' (though that would be cool xDD)

Another was that 'You couldn't go into court with nothing but a paper badge, it's just not possible, no one would believe you' (Furio Tigre's pretending to be Nick xD)

She also said 'Animals are not permitted in a court room...' (When acro's birds were flying around).

Also I think she said once about how defense attorney's usually didn't get to examine the scene of the crime and how police didn't just hand off information so easily, Ahhh the joy of playing Ace Attorney with my mom :D

Well, it's supposedly a "future" where defense attorneys get the very short end of the stick and the police are stupid and incompetent. :P
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Robo-Aly

My aunt's husband is a lawyer. That's all I know... I'm not even sure what type of lawyer he is o.o

a fortiori wrote:
Well, my brother, Matthew, is determined to go to school for Law (he's a Senior in high school now) and he made Captain of his school's Mock Trial Team after being involved for just one year. He's very passionate about the subject, so I'm happy to see him going for what he believes in. In a few ways, he actually reminds me of a Young Miles. -hugs little brother- He was born for the career.

Actually, my younger brother Matthew, my youngest brother Sean, and I are all moving towards careers in Criminal Justice, so we get along very well. I kind of like discussing Matt's mock trial cases... and he said he was going to pull some Phoenix Wright moves at meets. :gant-clap2:

Wooooooooooooooow!!!! It's so exciting when it becomes a family thing, isn't it? I'm heading the same way, in terms of career path...my cousins are heading into law enforcement as police. I'm determined to be a lawyer, the skills are the same whether you are proesecutor or defense...you should be apt in both charging and defending. That being because a lawyer usually handles both sides, especially for civil cases. (Civil cases are individual v. individual, so yeah).

My grandpa once made a joke of all of us (cousins and siblings) since we all took martial arts, some of us full-fledged black belts and others not. Even our Master was kind of surprised at what we wanted to be heading for. He was like, "Wow, you guys can set up your own independent system!" That being because my cousins are physically apt, and they do want to go into policing and/or detective work. They certainly have the discipline and stamina for it, no questions ^^

Me, I want to be a lawyer, I've got no stamina. I'm better with the books. And my little brother? He's really good at spotting contradictions, but he likes bio science. He also like sto dabble in criminology. Maybe he can be forensics? Great...4 of us...police officer, detective, lawyer, and forensics scientist. We make our own invesitgation team, haha XD

Pipin' hot Justice.

Amii_Kakure wrote:
Wooooooooooooooow!!!! It's so exciting when it becomes a family thing, isn't it? I'm heading the same way, in terms of career path...my cousins are heading into law enforcement as police. I'm determined to be a lawyer, the skills are the same whether you are proesecutor or defense...you should be apt in both charging and defending. That being because a lawyer usually handles both sides, especially for civil cases. (Civil cases are individual v. individual, so yeah).

My grandpa once made a joke of all of us (cousins and siblings) since we all took martial arts, some of us full-fledged black belts and others not. Even our Master was kind of surprised at what we wanted to be heading for. He was like, "Wow, you guys can set up your own independent system!" That being because my cousins are physically apt, and they do want to go into policing and/or detective work. They certainly have the discipline and stamina for it, no questions ^^

Me, I want to be a lawyer, I've got no stamina. I'm better with the books. And my little brother? He's really good at spotting contradictions, but he likes bio science. He also like sto dabble in criminology. Maybe he can be forensics? Great...4 of us...police officer, detective, lawyer, and forensics scientist. We make our own invesitgation team, haha XD

You're so right! Matt wants to be a Lawyer, Sean wants to be a State Trooper, and I'm the Criminologist of the bunch (profiling serial killers is enjoyable to me).

My older brother's a rock star. :rock'n:

But yeah, we're all pretty into it. It's great that you and your family have a common interest; I think it's in important element in a close family relationship. Hey, maybe you and my brother will go head-to-head in court someday, hmm? :butzthumbs:

Haha....possibly, but I doubt it. I'm probably going to practice law in Canada (sorry, I assumed you are from the U.S.). Yet still, it is indeed a very exciting thing when the family has common interests, it makes talking about work and life much easier. They'd know what you're talking about most of the time, because they're in that line of work, too. ^^

It looks pretty impressive, too. XD Though it might put pressure on the next generation, but I guess that's up to them, then...

Like, totally.

My boyfriends sisters friend is a lawyer. I met her a couple of weeks ago. She's a bit of a party-goer to be a lawyer, haha, but hey, she's loaded so :P

My aunt is a lawyer.
Well, I guess in real life it's not as funny as in the PW games, but if it was, I would surely study law :phoenix: However, I'm thinking about becoming a detective or something like that. It seems to be much more interesting :D
"A choice is not something given to you, but something you create yourself."

Posted a photo of my face ONCE, find it.

Ryu is one, maybe that's why Tails & Ryu have something in common.

I got that info from older members & Mod in this forum.
OM NOM NOM Image

Akon tickets, front row, middle section.

Location: In court, sneaking up on you when you least expect it.

and I know both of them ^_^ Online of course. ^^
ImageImage Don't mess with me, or I'll give you a Silence Glaive Surprise!

ケーキたん(仮)

...Ryu is a lawyer??

Anyway, I have an accquaintance in the fighting game community who apparently just finished up law school, so he's on his way to become a defense attorney.

I'm in law school (and as a result, know lots of lawyers :P)

Feel the wrath of Canadian lumber!

My sister knows two prosecuting attorneys and I met them in passing.

She went to mock trial because of the Ace Attorney games... and ended up doing something she loves and praying that her school brings it back [The school was trying it out, but I believe that they are keeping mock trial, so it's all good.]
She's good at it, too. She said she might want to be an attorney.
:maya:
My name is Trillian. So you know.

LouiexDanny: More epic than KylexBradley by half.
I also support Louie DeNonno x Henry Townshend. Hurrah for crack pairings!

Weeeeeee!!!!!

I know two attorneys and as well as nearly finishing my degree in Law in Business and Ethics.
Page 1 of 2 [ 78 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices