Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

Coronavirus pandemicTopic%20Title

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

How has it been affecting everyone on here? My county in Kansas went under an indefinite lockdown Saturday (we've only had 1 case so far), and shortly after the governor put a statewide 14 day lockdown. Altogether we've had 319 cases and 7 deaths in this state. Half of which (and 6 of the deaths) were in the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area, which was under lockdown before the statewide one.
Luckily the place I work at was designated as essential, so I still have a job. For now. 2 other factories in nearby cities got shut down for 2 weeks after each had 1 case there (worse thing is I have a coworker who has a roommate, that works at one of the plants).

I don't think this is going to get better anytime soon. This might spell the end of any large event (conventions, concerts, sporting events, etc) because even if it was brought under control, all it'd take is one infected person to go to one of those and suddenly you have a few thousand new cases. This is going to be the year of "no fun allowed."
Re: Coronavirus pandemicTopic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

Well, I'm pretty sure that despite...beliefs...to the contrary, things will not be back to normal by Easter. Even if everybody were following instructions/recommendations to stay inside, instead of running around and treating this like a vacation, that would be extremely optimistic.

I imagine there'll be a second wave of this, maybe a third.

Despite everything going on, I can't complain. I was allowed to keep my job (so far) and telecommute as needed. State locks down in a few hours, so only essential travel (I hope people will stop letting their kids run around the neighborhood screaming... yeah, I get it sucks that they're stuck where they are, but it's just getting too risky). My only fear is getting sick or hurt from anything else that would require a hospital stay. I'll try my best to make that not happen.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

In Justice We Trust

I was ordered to stay home from work on indefinite sick leave last week (rather generous of them, considering that I'm not a full-time employee). As far as I'm aware, no one I know has tested positive for COVID-19, let alone been hospitalized for it, so while I've definitely noticed the precautions the general public is taking, the pandemic still feels pretty distant to me on a personal level. Still, I'm attempting to avoid trips outside of the house whenever possible and making a dedicated effort to observe proper social distancing when I have to go grocery shopping or something similar. Honestly, it still doesn't feel real to me, but I've seen the news, so I still favor erring on the side of caution.

Not to be self-centered, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if my current situation is as bad as it'll get for me, to say nothing of the countless people less fortunate than I am. The flu pandemic that started near the end of World War I lasted roughly three years; the coronavirus pandemic is only a few months old. I fully expect things to get worse before they get better.
I'll always love you, Max.

Sleeping is my life.

Yeah, it's scary to know that we're being forced to be shut out from the world in order to avoid the COVID-19. Here, all nonessential businesses are closed. Restaurants and fast food places are doing deliveries/drive-thru. Oh, and the state governor issued a shelter in place for everyone.

It might be a while until the whole coronavirus business is over, but when will it be over? Several months? Maybe a year? To be frank, we may never know until we hear about the end of the COVID-19 pandemic. It might be a while until that day come, but all we have to do is survive, I guess.

What's a Court Records?

Been stuck at home, my mom lost her job (and she's been doing nothing but pissing me off since then), and I have to keep an eye on my younger sisters who are in middle school. They were given a bunch of work to do while schools are closed.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Rookie Killer

It hasn't affected me too badly since my parents can work from home and the lockdown has just given me more free time. Luckily I'm not in any of the at risk groups so I guess all I can really do is wait till this is all over.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

I'm no longer physically been going to school. This week is now a pupil free week, which means no formal lessons, but we can study and do homework. I still got to go to the shops to buy a bunch of stuff including pre-ordering the new Animal Crossing game, so we're not in complete and utter lockdown. Then again, I'm in Australia, which has very few cases and deaths compared to all the other countries, and we owe that to the resctrictions already in place. I am soooo happy to be in Australia right now... it's just that these stupid cruise ships keep spreading the virus >:((((((

My opinion is that since the incident with the Diamond Princess, all cruise ships should've stopped. The companies haven't learnt their lesson, they just want money. Bloody hell they are stupid. They are even more stupid than those bloody panic-buyers thinking that supplies will run out for some reason. Well yes, they did run out, because YOU went and bought them all in some stupid frenzy! Panic buyers are even worse than this virus at the moment jeez.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

At this point, I'm starting to think I'd prefer the panic buyers over the idiots who won't stay the fuck home and practice social distancing (at least there's chance the buyers will knock it off when conditions get better). Yeah, I get it sucks to be cooped up all day, but it's not a vacation, it's not some romantic YOLO movie, it's not something to defy because people are in denial or believe the political side they despise made it all up. The sooner we flatten the curve, the sooner we can get back to some kind of normal life. But that day gets pushed further and further off into the future the more people don't do their part.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

You're damn right there. If I had it my way, I'd close the country's borders and put everyone in a two week lockdown, then slowly lift restrictions once I was sure there were no COVID-19 cases. I'd keep the borders closed to the outside until the whole thing blows over, and any citizens coming in would have to self-isolate. It would keep the cases down to nothing, meaning that as soon as the lockdown is over, normal life can slowly resume.

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've felt worse.

Graduate school from home sucks. I'm honestly losing any motivation I had to even try to study.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

What's a Court Records?

The state of Washington is extending the stay at home period so nobody's going back to school until Fall. Though, whether anyone's going to school in the fall is debatable. But it seems seniors will be able to graduate at least.
Why am I even here?

Sleeping is my life.

The governor declared that the shelter in place order will extends another two weeks. Plus, all essential businesses are ordered to limit hours and how many people can be in the store... Seriously, this is crazy!

Arcade I work at finally decided to temporarily close. Things are slowly heating up, with self-quarantine being recommended thus far. I wouldn't be surprised if we went full lockdown in the near future however.

eyyyy

Here in the UK most things have been shut down for a while. You have to queue to get in a supermarket as they are only letting a certain amount of people in at a time (at least in my area anyway). There’s also been some incidents of police using drones to detect people going outside for reasons they deemed ‘unnecessary’ and hitting people with fines.

My life hasn’t really changed tbh. I was always a bit of a recluse. The only thing different is that I can’t go out and get art supplies since all the art stores are shut. And that school is cancelled as well as GCSEs. Other than that it’s life as normal for me.

What's a Court Records?

My family's starting to get sick. Luckily, it's not the corona virus.
Why am I even here?

@Rehncohro Hope you guys get better soon!

My country's been in lockdown for around 20 days now. University is online-only for the rest of the semester, which sucks because I can't learn as well that way. And there's no way for me to drop out and get a refund, so I'll have to keep going until the end, I guess... But I'm glad that the strict lockdown means we have way less cases and deaths than expected. The only thing I look forward to nowadays is watching the 1 PM news when the prime minister announces the daily COVID reports.

What's a Court Records?

milaza wrote:
@Rehncohro Hope you guys get better soon!

My sister still isn't in the best condition but she and my dad are definitely feeling better now.
Why am I even here?

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

My state is at 2,211 cases and 110 deaths. Our stay at home order goes until May 1st, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's extended because it seems like we haven't hit the peak yet. Like many places there's going to be a protest in Topeka tomorrow over the SAH order.
My county has been lucky with just 4 cases, 3 of which have already recovered. The hardest hit area continues to be the 2 counties that make up the KC metro area, which account for nearly half of the cases. The counties Wichita and Dodge City are in each have over 200 cases. Surprisingly the Topeka area has had only 95. There's still 35 out of 105 counties that haven't had any cases yet.

110 deaths? Wow, not even my whole country has that many. We're not as strict with our stay-at-home orders, but it was because we acted quickly that the death toll is so low.

What's a Court Records?

I have no idea how many cases there are in my state and I'm not really eager to find out.
Why am I even here?

COVID-19 lockdown laws are slowly being eased here in Australia now, due to the slowing rate of infections. States such as the Northern Territory have almost completely abolished their lockdown laws due to the fact that they had very few cases there in the first place.

What's a Court Records?

I'm hearing all grocery stores over here are going to start requiring everyone to wear a mask if they want to go inside.
Why am I even here?

Jury Duty

I tested positive for COVID-19 last April and yes I got sick. I recovered two weeks later and only quarantined at home. I didn't start to feel like myself until mid-June though.

If folks want the full story on how that was for me, go here: https://sereneadventure.wordpress.com/2 ... -covid-19/

Not trying to get into politics but Politics is the reason why the U.S. leads the world in cases and deaths. I'll just put it like that.
Phoenix Wright! Miles Edgeworth!
*Slams Desk, then Points*
I CHOOSE YOU!

What's a Court Records?

Brendan2k5 wrote:
I tested positive for COVID-19 last April and yes I got sick.

My mom just tested positive. I ended up getting sick myself and was tested yesterday. We'll be finding out if I have it too soon.
Why am I even here?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you and your family get better soon, and that any effects aren't recurring or long-term. Brendan too.

...NAILED IT

What's a Court Records?

Luckily, I'm past feeling like crap. For now, at least.
Why am I even here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices