Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 10[ 395 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Re: Is ______ any good?Topic%20Title

Moo.

justis76 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks the toads are totally kickass?

No.
Moo.

I'm thinking about getting into the Trauma Center series. Which one should I start with?

Credit goes to the lovely Purple Angel for the sig, and the wonderful TheBaronAndEma for the avatar~!

A beautiful world indeed.

I'd get one of the DS games. Using a wii-mote is not how the series is ment to be played.

The master of Judging 64

Wiimote. stylus. same difference.

Start with the first one.

Miyako Chinatsu wrote:
I'm thinking about getting into the Trauma Center series. Which one should I start with?

Meh, the first one on the DS gave me terrible handcramps and was kind of frustrating. I would say only play it on a DS XL to optimize precision :P
I can't speak towards any of the others, since I didn't play the series past Chapter 4 of the first one...

Ahh...Coffee...

Lynx wrote:
Miyako Chinatsu wrote:

Meh, the first one on the DS gave me terrible handcramps and was kind of frustrating. I would say only play it on a DS XL to optimize precision :P
I can't speak towards any of the others, since I didn't play the series past Chapter 4 of the first one...

At first, I decided to skip the DSTrauma Center 1 and just went on the the second one, but I decided I should play the first one first.
I have beaten it, and felt it was very worth it.

@Miyako If you are getting one of the DS ones, I think you should start with one. I can't really say anything about the Wii ones, but they do look rather interesting.
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Also, I was wondering if Baten Kaitos Origins was any good. I've heard a lot about it, and I'm kinda curious.

Credit goes to the lovely Purple Angel for the sig, and the wonderful TheBaronAndEma for the avatar~!

I'm going against the previous suggestions about Trauma Center and saying start with Under the Knife 2 instead. You'll slightly spoil yourself on some story elements from UtK, but the first game has a ridiculously high learning curve; when I first got it, I barely got past the first chapter and quit because it was just too damn hard. UtK2 does a better job of easing you into the gameplay, and after getting about halfway through that, I gave the original another try and found it much less demanding.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I'm going against the previous suggestions about Trauma Center and saying start with Under the Knife 2 instead. You'll slightly spoil yourself on some story elements from UtK, but the first game has a ridiculously high learning curve; when I first got it, I barely got past the first chapter and quit because it was just too damn hard. UtK2 does a better job of easing you into the gameplay, and after getting about halfway through that, I gave the original another try and found it much less demanding.

I remembered the first time I played Under the Knife I couldn't suture at all, but after playing more realtime games I managed it quite easily. How hard you find it really depends on what sort of gamer you are. In any case, do start with the DS first - the Wii's graphics are a lot prettier, but stylus is how the game was meant to be played, and suturing with the Wiimote is absolute hell. (As well as that stupid semi-quick-time-event heart-restarting thing...)

Ahh...Coffee...

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Yeah, it is true that Under the Knife 1 is a lot harder, IMO.
But a couple of reasons why you would get the first one is to know the storyline (if you want to), or get experienced for the second game.
I am currently playing the second game, and find it ALOT easier because I played the first one.

But I guess everyone has their own opinions. :godot:
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Ok, since today I got a game that was said to be "good" that I ended up not liking, I'll ask here.

Is Bloody Roar worth getting? I've been wanting it for a long time. :/ I was thinking of getting ahold of the first two for PS1.

Meenyman wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Yeah, it is true that Under the Knife 1 is a lot harder, IMO.
But a couple of reasons why you would get the first one is to know the storyline (if you want to), or get experienced for the second game.
I am currently playing the second game, and find it ALOT easier because I played the first one.

But I guess everyone has their own opinions. :godot:

The second game is easier than the first, previous experience or not.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Hokay chumps. 2 games:

Contact
Nostalgia

Both DS games, both seem intriguing. Are they?

I'ma gonna blow you out of the water.

Dunno about Nostalgia, but Contact's okay... for a while. I mean, it's innovative, but it gets stale if you pay for long.

Anyone know if Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy is any good?
Fanfiction~Yotube

Thanks go to Floran and TheBaronAndEma for the siggy and avy respectively.
They rock, so go request something from them!

A beautiful world indeed.

You know how bad the PS2 RPGs were.

Yeah, dual sympathy is worse.

I'ma gonna blow you out of the water.

Wow... must be really, really bad then. It's a shame, though, that the FMA games couldn't have been better...
Fanfiction~Yotube

Thanks go to Floran and TheBaronAndEma for the siggy and avy respectively.
They rock, so go request something from them!

Perpetual Prosecutor

Super Robot Wars on DS. I heard it a lot recently. Any good?

Audi famam illius ; Ille iuxta me

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Contact

It's a bit short, but in my opinion it's good. Like in many JRPG's, you have to do a lot of GRINDING, GRINDING, and a bit more GRINDING to be able to beat the bosses and to collect money to buy really expensive stuff you need to continue. You can collect different costumes for your characters to use new abilities, like Chef suit gives you the ability to cook food, the fisherman suit gives you the ability to fish, the shadow thief suit gives you the ability to steal stuff from others and pick locks, etc. But I suggest you to look it up at YouTube or some other place first, to see what it is like. Some people like it, some people don't like it. It gets a bit repeatitive after a while, but if you can find a cheap copy of it, it's worth getting.

The master of Judging 64

Akiak wrote:
Super Robot Wars on DS. I heard it a lot recently. Any good?

Well there a few of them on DS. I'm just going to assume you mean OG Saga Endless Frontier.

If you have played or know about the series this one ain't the same. It turn based and not grid but you can choose to use all or some of the characters one by one on an enemy or just regular turn based(You need to see a gameplay video to understand what I'm talking about). I don't know much about the story since I haven't beaten the game yet. The fights are annoying at times since the enemies can deal major damage to you and the enemies later on block a lot which ends your combo attacks. The bad thing about that other then what I just said is you can't block the same way. Weight plays a lot in the fighting, with heavy enemies you have a hard time getting them off the ground while light are easy to get up and stay up.

Sorry that this description doesn't have any boob jokes.

Chrono Trigger (and Cross) for the DS, anyone?

It's on my games-to-play list, and I might just get it as a Christmas present to myself XD; I figure I should get an idea of where my expectations should be...
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

1000% Knight

I could rant and rave for paragraphs and paragraphs, but I'll just say this:

GET IT.

(Trigger, at least. Haven't played Cross.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Perpetual Prosecutor

Quote:
Well there a few of them on DS. I'm just going to assume you mean OG Saga Endless Frontier.

If you have played or know about the series this one ain't the same. It turn based and not grid but you can choose to use all or some of the characters one by one on an enemy or just regular turn based(You need to see a gameplay video to understand what I'm talking about). I don't know much about the story since I haven't beaten the game yet. The fights are annoying at times since the enemies can deal major damage to you and the enemies later on block a lot which ends your combo attacks. The bad thing about that other then what I just said is you can't block the same way. Weight plays a lot in the fighting, with heavy enemies you have a hard time getting them off the ground while light are easy to get up and stay up.

Thanks for the info. I suppose this OG Saga Endless Frontier is the last one that came out. I might consider it, after seeing a few videos.

Quote:
Sorry that this description doesn't have any boob jokes.

A pity. :sadshoe:

TAkE YouR hEaRT

Duclis wrote:
Is Bloody Roar worth getting? I've been wanting it for a long time. :/ I was thinking of getting ahold of the first two for PS1.

I only played Bloody Roar 2 but it was quite fun!
The story-mode may be a bit lame but otherwise, the characters are pretty cool.
Don't expect too much though, it's not as good as Tekken but still a little nice time-waster.

Hope that helped a bit!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Ever heard of EBA? Of course you have, you probably rave all about it.

I know it's a kind of Dance Dance Revolution thing for the DS...

Tell me why I should get it and give good reasons instead of just, "THIS GAME IS AWESOME."

Yeah, I am already that bored with Spirit Tracks.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Nemesis wrote:
Duclis wrote:

I only played Bloody Roar 2 but it was quite fun!
The story-mode may be a bit lame but otherwise, the characters are pretty cool.
Don't expect too much though, it's not as good as Tekken but still a little nice time-waster.

Hope that helped a bit!

It did, and I mostly wanted it for the characters anyway. 8D

I heard the fourth game or so was a franchise killer though, so I'll probably stay away from that unless I'm really bored. :/

And Yara, when I played EBA, I thought it was pretty funny. That's why I tried it when an old friend recommended it to me.

Perpetual Prosecutor

Yaragorm wrote:
Ever heard of EBA? Of course you have, you probably rave all about it.

I know it's a kind of Dance Dance Revolution thing for the DS...

Tell me why I should get it and give good reasons instead of just, "THIS GAME IS AWESOME."

Yeah, I am already that bored with Spirit Tracks.

Well, to begin with, it uses a great and simple gameplay system of tapping and sliding that's really fun especially when you get really into it.
If you like rhythm games, this one is the second best on DS after Rhythm Heaven/Paradise.

Also, the difficulty is very wide-ranged, starting from simple stuff to songs that almost no one has ever finished successfully.

kills at the whim of a hat

I'd like to know about (hot topic around here, I believe) Hotel Dusk.
I like good stories and adventure games. Plus it was recommended by someone at my last job. But I recall reviews saying it had some fairly notable flaws. Is there anything that's going to really annoy me about it?

ammchan wrote:

It's on my games-to-play list, and I might just get it as a Christmas present to myself XD; I figure I should get an idea of where my expectations should be...
I may be late, but I'd second Bad Player's GET IT.
Chrono Trigger is top notch in so many regards.

However, Cross has a horrible story and a lot of other problems. And is only for the PS1, like.
Newfound bloggery
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments too!

Thanks to Berendsnor for the avatar.

Mostly human

Hotel Dusk is excellent.
Great story, believable characters and unique and atmospheric music and visuals. If you like the Ace Attorney series you're very likely to enjoy this game.

There's no particular flaws to the game either, only those that you'll find in most adventure games; like not knowing where to go next, or getting stuck at puzzles. It's not especially hard though, so you shouldn't be getting stuck too often.

As you can see by the "What A!" section at the bottom of the board, we're quite partial to the game here at CR.

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

Vagrant wrote:
I like good stories and adventure games. Plus it was recommended by someone at my last job. But I recall reviews saying it had some fairly notable flaws. Is there anything that's going to really annoy me about it?

ammchan wrote:

However, Cross has a horrible story and a lot of other problems. And is only for the PS1, like.

Hotel Dusk sounds perfect for you! It has one of the best stories I have ever played! There might be a few annoying things in the game, mainly along the lines of "What in the world do I do with this?!" But the flaws are definitely worth playing this game. And if you get stuck, there are always people around here who are willing to help. The plot twists make it just a classic and the use of the DS.

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

1000% Knight

If you haven't played it, you should also get Trace Memory (or Another Code, depending). HD is the "spiritual sequel" to TM/AC, and will make HD much more enjoyable. (HD is great after playing TM/AC, but TM/AC is pretty meh after playing HD.) Like Nose said, the characters and atmosphere are great. I didn't find it too hard; I only had to look online for one puzzle. (B/c I was stubbornly using the microphone instead of the touch screen like I was supposed to T_T)

You can probably get TM/AC for not too much online. Although HD has a much richer plot and a more diverse cast, the gameplay and puzzles are pretty similar and will give you a little bit of insight into whether you'll like HD or not.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

FlameInferno wrote:
Vagrant wrote:

ammchan wrote:

Hotel Dusk sounds perfect for you! It has one of the best stories I have ever played! There might be a few annoying things in the game, mainly along the lines of "What in the world do I do with this?!" But the flaws are definitely worth playing this game. And if you get stuck, there are always people around here who are willing to help. The plot twists make it just a classic and the use of the DS.

The biggest problem with Hotel Dusk is that it takes a while to get going, and most of the game consists of running errands as well as somewhat meaningless conversations. Also, occasionally you'll figure something out much earlier than the main character, which can get pretty annoying. Imagine Ace Attorney Investigations without the Confrontations or Rebuttals or whatever they're going to be called. Also with a cooler art style. And nicer music.

And about Trauma Center, despite what everyone else is saying I really don't think the difficulty varies that much between... um... all the games. See, there's no difficulty curve whatsoever - the difficulty jumps around from operation to operation. Under the Knife does kind of throw you into things and Under the Knife 2 is a little gentler, I guess, but they both have that annoying How-Many-Kyriaki-Patients-Can-You-Treat-In-This-Amount-Of-Time operation and Under the Knife 2 gets very unfair very fast.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Reviving this thread because I forgot the word for bringing back a long-dead thread and because I also forgot if there was any better thread to ask my question.

So the Game Grumps have made me want to play a Sonic game, a GOOD one. Problem is, I only have a Wii and Nintendo DS. I don't want to bother emulating or buying any PC versions so my options are limited.

I have narrowed down my selection to two Sonic games:

Colors for the DS or Generations for the 3DS? Which one should I get?

Gettin' Old!

Yaragorm wrote:
Reviving this thread because I forgot the word for bringing back a long-dead thread and because I also forgot if there was any better thread to ask my question.

So the Game Grumps have made me want to play a Sonic game, a GOOD one. Problem is, I only have a Wii and Nintendo DS. I don't want to bother emulating or buying any PC versions so my options are limited.

You mean Necro-ing, derived from necromancy for bringing a thread back from the dead.

Also both your choices seem wrong to me.

Colours is apparently solid on Wii.
Generations is apparently poor on 3DS.

Sonic Rush is a fantastic DS game, Rush Adventure isn't quite as good but is still fun if you liked the first.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Pierre wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

You mean Necro-ing, derived from necromancy for bringing a thread back from the dead.

Sonic Rush is a fantastic DS game, Rush Adventure isn't quite as good but is still fun if you liked the first.

Well, darn. Guess I gotta hope any Gamestop still has Sonic Rush...

Gettin' Old!

Yaragorm wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Well, darn. Guess I gotta hope any Gamestop still has Sonic Rush...

Sure but best try online I think. Sonic Rush was a while ago, probably more luck with Rush Adventure.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

They have a version of Sonic Colors on the DS as well as the Wii. They have different powerups and the former is more of a 2-D Platformer. That said, I've never played the Sonic games that Pierre has talked about, but I've heard some good things about Rush.

My suggestion though, if you have a Gamecube controller for the Wii, find Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube. Easily, to me, one of, if not, the best of the 3-D Sonic games out there. To me, Sonic has some of the best controls he's ever had in that game, has a fantastic multiplayer, and best part, this is the only game where Shadow isn't all mopey and emo.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
They have a version of Sonic Colors on the DS as well as the Wii. They have different powerups and the former is more of a 2-D Platformer. That said, I've never played the Sonic games that Pierre has talked about, but I've heard some good things about Rush.

My suggestion though, if you have a Gamecube controller for the Wii, find Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube. Easily, to me, one of, if not, the best of the 3-D Sonic games out there. To me, Sonic has some of the best controls he's ever had in that game, has a fantastic multiplayer, and best part, this is the only game where Shadow isn't all mopey and emo.

Oh yeah no question, if you can play Sonic Adventure 2 battle.

Shadow is more MWAHAHA and villainy because it's his introductory game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

dullahan1 wrote:

I can get a Gamecube controller but would I also need a Gamecube memory card? Someone else already suggested me this game and offered to lend it to me but that I would need a Gamecube memory card first.

Yes.

Get a memory card anyway so you can play Melee.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Yes.

Get a memory card anyway so you can play Melee.

Ah well. Guess I'm off to eBay!

Thank you all so much for helping me formulate my Christmas list! :will:
Page 5 of 10 [ 395 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station