Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 8 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 61  Next

Re: 999 Sequel Announced (3DS/Vita)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

I'm hoping that when a US trailer is made for Good People Die it won't have as many spoilers as the Japanese trailer (if they count as spoilers?)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Blah!

Remember, the trailer that happens after the logo screens when you start up 999 showed a lot of things, by flashing a bunch of the CGs and important phrases. But out of context, almost everything doesn't reveal their true meaning in the story (the things that do give their meaning are simple plot things, like the existence of the nonary game). I think the same thing applies here.

OBJECTION!

Fair point :) I guess its just in the context of the fact we know all about 999 they seem like spoilers, but back when we first watched the 999 DS trailer it was about the same as this one was :D
I don't think the 999 trailer showed any of the endings though - and this one looks like it does? So that worries me :(
When do you think we'll see more info - post Xmas?
I seriously cannot wait for this game - I'm hyped :D Maybe in a while I'll give 999 another playthrough.
The 3D graphics dont look too bad but 999 (DS) was so effective in it's use of 2D art and graphic descriptions in text. Less was more. Those creepy piano cues.... oh man....
Will this game be Mature rated, do you think?

Spoiler:
The intro "trailer" when you turn on the game shows the dead captain, which is a major spoiler IMO. LUCKILY, I never had the patience to watch it all the way through before finding the Capn in game.

And yeah, the 3d models don't look bad, but when it comes to visual novels, I really don't see why anyone would want to switch to 3d models. It can't have anything to do with the whole stereoscopic thing, because the game will also be released on the Vita. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
...But I am sure that I will enjoy the game just as much as if it were 2d :)
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

I don't think I watched the intro trailer to the game all the way before playing it but I did see other trailers on YT beforehand.

I wonder if the graphics on the Vita will be different? That would take lots of work though.

This trailer is different from the one I saw though (I saw one with the "Why.. why do I know?" line).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfioFxOEHKA

Spoiler:
The dead captain in 999 was such a great twist.
I wonder if Older Clover will be the "Lotus" of Good People Die? It'll be someone for Sigma to make inappropriate jokes to.... :P

I'm thinking of joining Aksys on Twitter. I occassionally check NeoGaf to see if their threads have updated.

OBJECTION!

I wonder if:
Since Sigma and Phi are in a elevator, will we see something like the naughty elevator scene in 999? For me that was one of the funniest moments in the whole game :D
On the other hand if you compare the 999 demo to what the game actually started like, the real game was better. There was much more tension with just Junpei, in the demo all June could think about was making out?! :o
I'm hoping the game still has the tension the first one had (I'm sure it will).

OBJECTION!

Just realised that in the trailer, "Memento Mori" is Latin for "Remember to Die".. interesting....
Spoiler:
It was the name of the story on which the film Memento is inspired by (I think), about a guy with a short term memory problem. I wonder if any of those tricks will come into play?

Having a game that would play out like the movie Memento would be awesome (from a want-to-be filmmakers point of view, that film is genious.)However, this game shouldn't be that one, because... well.. you just brought up the idea :P

OBJECTION!

Do you reckon we'll see a demo of 999-2 eventually? I can't wait!

Blah!

grim_tales wrote:
Do you reckon we'll see a demo of 999-2 eventually? I can't wait!

Well, Flash 11 does have accelerated 3D graphics (finally replacing Shockwave, I hope), but I'm not sure if they would jump into a new Adobe product just to make a demo. If one escape room can be played in 2D, then they might do something...

But I can see them making a download play demo for the Nintendo Channel, unless it isn't possible for the Wii to become a 3DS download play station... anybody know if the Wii does that yet?

1000% Knight

About 'memento': Seems like a bit of a tenuous connection to me.

About a demo: Perhaps. But, considering we don't even have a release date yet, I don't think it'll be for a while.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

OBJECTION!

I think the release date would be 2012 at the EARLIEST, if not 2013 :(

grim_tales wrote:
I think the release date would be 2012 at the EARLIEST, if not 2013 :(

Well it has certainly already passed the planning period as we can tell from the existence of screenshots. So since it is in the works, I would say sometime 2012. It might contain 3d models, but it's still "just" a escape the room game with a lot of text, so I don't see how they could use more than a year on it from now on.

Then again, I'm an optimistic person :P

1000% Knight

I imagine coming up with the plot, story, and how all the rooms and numbers work out takes a really long time, but from the looks of the trailer and screenshots that's already done, so it's a matter of coming up with the escape-the-room puzzles and writing it all out.

...But that doesn't change the fact that a release date hasn't been announced.

OBJECTION!

First we heard of it, it was only "50% complete" right? That seems a pretty early time to do a trailer.
I'm not sure whether they have all the plot/story done yet or whether story details are being withheld to surprise us (probably!)
I think localising will take some time, probably at least 6 months especially if its done as well as 999.

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

grim_tales wrote:
Just realised that in the trailer, "Memento Mori" is Latin for "Remember to Die".. interesting....
Spoiler:
It was the name of the story on which the film Memento is inspired by (I think), about a guy with a short term memory problem. I wonder if any of those tricks will come into play?

As a person who has taken Latin, I find this translation to be very rough. Yes, literally, 'memento' is the command form of remember, and yes, 'mori' is the present infinitive of 'die.' So people who say that 'memento mori' means 'remember to die" aren't wrong per se, but the phrase is an idiom. As an idiom, the phrase means "remember that you are only human," or "remember your mortality." Hope I was able to clear some things up. Sorry if it sounded rude; I just don't want people to be mistaken.
Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.

OBJECTION!

It's OK! :)
Hmmm....
Spoiler:
Maybe its a warning to players of the game?

1000% Knight

It's probably part of a puzzle.

OBJECTION!

I just thought about the True End of 999:
Spoiler:
I thought of it like this - IMO the reason Junpei started to know things and could piece them together in the true ending was because I, the player, was passing knowledge onto Junpei. I was the sender, he was the reciever. Wouldnt that have been a glorious moment?
The voodoo doll may be a kind of clue to the morphogenetic field thing too.

Blah!

That post belongs in the original 999 thread, but I'll respond anyway.

Spoiler:
I think the canon reason is that Akane was passing knowledge on to Junpei. When the world blinked (in front of the coffin), "truth was gone" appeared on the bottom (Akane's) screen. Also, all of Junpei's decisions were made on the bottom screen. So I guess you could say that you were Akane, since you controlled the bottom screen.
But I think of the game as a retelling of the story from Akane's perspective (told in third person). It makes more sense as a retelling because she was able to see the results of more than one decision at a time; something that we the player would struggle to keep track of and would ruin the surprise that Akane is behind the second Nonary game. The game is from her perspective, through Junpei's eyes, but in a form where we can't jump between the decision tree branches (or see many of them at the same time) like she could.
This also explains that the coffin ending was more of a "you don't know certain things that I would have at the time, so the story ends here for now," rather than an absolute end for Junpei.

OBJECTION!

Thank you for the explaination, thats very clear :) I thought my idea was neat though :D

元・超会社員級の管理人

More info in this week's Famitsu. Names of all the characters, voice actors, and a Japanese release this winter.

Spoiler: Characters
· Zero III (TARAKO)
· Phi (Chiaki Omigawa)
· Dio (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
· Tenmyôji (Rokuro Naya)
· K (Daisuke Ono)
· Clover (Yukari Tamura)
· Quark (Rie Kugimiya)
· Luna (Mamiko Noto)
· Alice (Atsuko Tanaka)

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
ZOMGIT'SACTUALLYCLOVERANDALICEWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

(although you gotta wonder if they'd actually give it away that easily .__.

And why do these names seem so spoilery to me...? Prolly the Zero, Alice, and Clover...)

Blah!

...huh.

That brings up several questions... but I'll wait for more information.

OBJECTION!

"This winter" could be early 2012 - so maybe a possible US release in late 2012?
Oooooo so excited! :D

Characters:
Spoiler:
Interesting - so an older Clover and Alice will be there...
Zero III? Hmmmm.... what happened to Zero II? Was there a Zero in the very first Nonary Game?
Perhaps Clover is Zero III, or maybe its a vengeful Junpei.
Seems a bit spoilery to reveal Clover and Alice somehow... and Zero.

Spoiler:
Hmmm... Clover and Alice, huh? The fact that they gave away those names make me think that either:
a) They don't have anything to do with Clover and Alice. They just happen to be called that way... and they also happen to look a lot like Clover and Alice.
b) They are Clover and Alice, but the fact that they are will be completely superfluous and won't have any relevance to the plot.
There's also possibility c): they are Clover and Alice and this will become relevant, which is the obvious one... and that's why I don't think it'll be like that. It seems... too obvious? But then again, it's Uchikoshi. If anyone can make this work, it's him.
I have some serious doubts about Alice, though. I can see Clover being a part of the game once more, but... Alice? I don't know...

Also, is Zero III a player? The list gives 9 names... 9 players. Unless there's a nameless character (the robot?), Zero III has to be a player.
About the other names... dunno about Tenmyôji and K. Dio is Italian for "god", and Quark is related to Physics (a quark is a fundamental particle). Wonder if this time the nicknames are related to numbers? Quark could be number 1, as quarks aren't made of tinier particles. K is the 11th letter of the alphabet... which would make sense if this time the bracelet numbers could go beyond number 9 (but why would they? There are only 9 players...). No idea about Tenmyôji and Dio... electron configuration comes to mind (d10), but that seems a bit far-fetched.

I didn't expect the game to be released so soon, but that's probably a good thing. The PSVita comes out December 17 in Japan, so the game will be released later than that.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Yeah, with Uchikoshi, it could be completely unrelated people named Clover and Alice :P (Also, whether they're the real Clover/Alice or not, I highly doubt they won't be related to the plot.)

Also... there's no Sigma on the list. I thought maybe it could be the 8 other players and the mastermind (Zero III) but then why is Phi on the list? Hmm...

I also hope it's not actually Clover. Besides the fact that I really don't like her (more about everyone else loving her despite being such an awful character T_T), there's... well, I know I'm basing this off way too little, but I hate how she was going "There's no one I can trust... no one..." in the trailer. That's exactly what she was doing in 999 for most of the game, and in the (true) end she found out that she CAN trust people. So are they really going to throw away all her characterization for the sake of fanservice? T_T

Anyway, I know what I want for Christmas~ (although I really wanted to wait for the second version of the 3DS)

OBJECTION!

I wonder why Sigma isnt there?
Also,
Spoiler:
I don't want it to turn out like this but what if Akane is still Zero? Maybe there was an original Zero somewhere, the 2nd Zero was Ace/Hongou (in the 1st Nonary Game) and so Akane was actually Zero III?
It does seem weird Clover and Alice are revealed the way they are. Maybe all the names are code names and theyre not actually Clover/Alice.
Bad Player makes a good point about Clover trusting people there...
I still kinda like the idea Junpei becomes an Ace-like figure - maybe HE is the mastermind :D

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, with Uchikoshi, it could be completely unrelated people named Clover and Alice :P (Also, whether they're the real Clover/Alice or not, I highly doubt they won't be related to the plot.)

Also... there's no Sigma on the list. I thought maybe it could be the 8 other players and the mastermind (Zero III) but then why is Phi on the list? Hmm...

I also hope it's not actually Clover. Besides the fact that I really don't like her (more about everyone else loving her despite being such an awful character T_T), there's... well, I know I'm basing this off way too little, but I hate how she was going "There's no one I can trust... no one..." in the trailer. That's exactly what she was doing in 999 for most of the game, and in the (true) end she found out that she CAN trust people. So are they really going to throw away all her characterization for the sake of fanservice? T_T

Anyway, I know what I want for Christmas~ (although I really wanted to wait for the second version of the 3DS)

Spoiler:
No, no, they'll obviously be related to the plot (like every other character), but the fact that they are Clover and Alice won't be relevant. Sorry, I explained myself poorly.

About Clover, I think most people like her for her "moeness" :/

Also, I forgot to mention Luna. Luna means moon in most romance languages (and Latin). Don't know what that could mean; it takes the moon roughly 27 to rotate around Earth... and the digital root of 27 is 9, but I'm probably overthinking things :P

I don't know about Akane or Junpei being Zero... tbh, I wouldn't like it if people from the first game were too involved with the plot.
Phi is on the list while Sigma isn't because he's the main character and she's not, I guess? Maybe Phi will be this game's June, while Sigma would be Junpei... or maybe you can choose to play as either Sigma or Phi? Or maybe Sigma and Phi always go together and work sort of like a single player? Who knows!

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I agree I think Sigma will be this game's Junpei.
Good shout about Phi being this game's June, but I can't get the feeling Phi looks like a female version of Santa out of my head :D

1000% Knight

mai wrote:
Spoiler:
About Clover, I think most people like her for her "moeness" :/

Also, I forgot to mention Luna. Luna means moon in most romance languages (and Latin). Don't know what that could mean; it takes the moon roughly 27 to rotate around Earth... and the digital root of 27 is 9, but I'm probably overthinking things :P

Spoiler:
I had hoped that maybe the fans of a game like 999 might look a bit deeper than that, but... *sigh*
(Also she looks like a middle schooler, so I prefer to think of all her fans as lolis :P)

Wasn't there something about the moon in the trailer? :yuusaku:

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
There was an image of a red planet (Mars?) - maybe the lunar symbols come into play again? Are they on a space station?
I don't want Akane to be Zero again - that's kinda too obvious.
I assumed the trailer voice is the rabbit's voice - not Zero's. Besides why would this Zero have such an obvious female voice?

1000% Knight

Voice changer ;P

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Image: Zero III (TARAKO)

ImageImage: Tenmyôji (Rokuro Naya)
ImageImage: Phi (Chiaki Omigawa)
ImageImage: Sigma
ImageImage: Dio (Yoshimasa Hosoya)

ImageImage: Clover (Yukari Tamura)
ImageImage: Quark (Rie Kugimiya)
ImageImage: : Dio (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
ImageImage: Luna (Mamiko Noto)

ImageImage: Phi (Chiaki Omigawa)

ImageImage: K (Daisuke Ono)

ImageImage: :Alice (Atsuko Tanaka)
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

OBJECTION!

From NeoGAF:

Spoiler:
Same system as before (novel part / escape part). If you're stuck during an escape part, you can lower the difficulty. There's a mini game (/"several minigames"?) using the gyroscope.

The points ("BP") on the characters' bracelets vary during the game. When you reach 9 BP, you get a unique chance to open the (/"a"?) door numbered "9" and escape, but if you reach 0 or less, you receive an injection and die.

Rules of the Ambidex Game:

- Those whose bracelets numbers are the same color as yours are your opponents.
- Each game pits one player against two (so it would seem that means three sets of games, with three players each? not 100% sure...).
- A game ends when you choose either "cooperation" or "betrayal" on the terminal (wut).
- If both sides pick "cooperation", both sides gain 2 BP.
- If both sides pick "betrayal", the points don't change.
- If one side was betrayed, the betrayed side loses 2 BP and the betrayer side gains 3.
There's an example given: if you and your opponent(s?) both have 1 BP left, you could die if betrayed, but if you choose betrayal and the other side is trying to cooperate, you'll end up killing them.

Characters:

Zero III
Bunny robot that serves as the gamemaster and oversees the progression of the Ambidex Game. An AI that gives penalties to those who go against the rules. It gets its instructions from "the true Zero", who appears to be one of the 9 players.

Dio
Blonde man with a hat (the ringmaster-looking dude, I imagine?). An odd, callous and self-righteous troublemaker. And yet, it says something about him having saved a kitten on a rainy day?

Tenmyôji
Stubborn, eccentric old man. Formerly part of a team training for a manned mission on Mars, but everybody was murdered except for him. It seems there's a connection between those murders and the game.

K
Mysterious masked man in a body suit (... so that wasn't a robot? huh). He suffers from amnesia and doesn't know his name nor his age. Always rational.

Quark
Innocent 10 year old boy. Calls Tenmyôji "grandpa", but they don't appear to be related. Disappears, gets infected by a virus (wut).

Luna
Woman in her early 20s. A pacifist with a gentle demeanor and a medical license. Not really what she seems to be, according to some rumors.

Lower the difficulty, eh? Not sure I like that....
So the guy that looks like a robot isnt a robot? But doesn't the "suffers from amnesia" part sound familliar...?
And Zero III is the bunny? I said that ages ago :P

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Thanks, updated my previous post.

OBJECTION!

It's interesting that K has the 0 bracelet and Alice's bracelet has a skull on it - what could that mean?

Spoiler:
mai wrote:
But it COULD happen. 999 takes place in 2027, and as far as we know this game takes place after that (9 years after, maybe?). A robot isn't such a huge stretch, especially considering we don't know anything about it. Heck, for all we know it could be just a normal human in some kind of robotic armour.
As for the rabbit... we don't know anything about it either. It's not one of the players, it seems, so... it could just be another robot.

Ha! I called it! How many BP do I get? :will:
So Luna is the girl in the purple dress? How fitting. Also, I wasn't expecting Daisuke Ono to voice the robot guy. It also seems that Dio is a "jerk with a heart of gold" kind of guy. I wonder what's up with his bracelet, though? It seems it shows two different numbers... same with Phi's.
The rules seem far more complicated this time around, too, which is nice.
Doesn't Famitsu say anything about Clover or Alice? That... only makes me more curious about them.

grim_tales wrote:
It's interesting that K has the 0 bracelet and Alice's bracelet has a skull on it - what could that mean?

Well, in 999 the bracelets showed a skull when the players passed through a door, so maybe that's it. I wonder what's up with the numbers, though. Do they have any relevance at all this time?

Bad Player wrote:
I had hoped that maybe the fans of a game like 999 might look a bit deeper than that, but... *sigh*

Yeah, I agree. It sucks when fans disregard more interesting characters in favor of bland moeblobs, but oh well...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Also that Phi and Dio's bracelets, both have two, and each sum to 11.

Woah, woah, woah, there's more!
Spoiler: Again, from NeoGAF
Yotsuba
So, yeah. It's not her first, nor her second time getting mixed up in something like this. She became friends with Alice after meeting her in the Nevada desert around one year earlier.

Alice
Dark-skinned, exotic woman. She aims to get rid of her country's enemies, and is after the terrorist organization responsible for her father's death. Her body water is actually Ice9.

Holy sh*t guys. I... wow. I guess I should have expected this. Damn.

Spoiler:
So... they ARE Clover and Alice. And this game takes place around one year after 999... around 2028.
Also, someone in NeoGAF pointed out the connection between the moon and the rabbit in Japanese folklore. Interesting; I hadn't thought of that... what if Luna is Zero and she controls Zero III? Hmmm... it seems a bit too obvious, but Clover and Alice also seemed a bit too obvious...

Page 8 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station