Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 175[ 6974 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 175  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros BrawlTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

Jyuni wrote:
I am secretly hoping for Raiden as a secret character in this game. Mainly because there are people who want to beat him up and a few who like him.

I don't think Raiden will be included, mainly because the team behind Brawl is only looking to put in one or two more nin-Nintendo characters aside from Snake. As such, they'll likely go for someone from a different series for mass appeal. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll never change their minds, or that there isn't a chance for him to show up at all, just that it's unlikely at this point.

Quote:
Also I want Marth to make a return to the game. He was one of my favorite characters to play as. So I would be sad if he doesn't return in the game.

Well there is a new Fire Emblem stage, though I'm told it's from the new Fire Emblem, so it's likely to include the new star of the Fire Emblem game the level came from. That would probably mean no Marth, or that Marth would be a secondary person from the series in the game, much like Roy was to him in Melee.

Quote:
Zelda will probably return, but I don't think it'll be OoT Zelda. If judging by Link, it'll be TP Zelda. Kinda sad since Zelda was one of the characters I used a lot when starting to play SSBM.

That's assuming Zelda makes the cut at all, of course. It's possible she'll be one of those not scheduled to return in Brawl, though we won't know until closer to the game's release.

spr fckn srs peepz

[quote=Blademaster Orca]That's assuming Zelda makes the cut at all, of course. It's possible she'll be one of those not scheduled to return in Brawl, though we won't know until closer to the game's release.[/quote]

I'll assume she's in, because they're thinning the roster due to characters being the same. I'm guessing characters like :

-Dr. Mario
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Roy
-Pichu

will automatically be cut. Zelda has no real counterpart (well, except maybe with Samus/Zero Suit now, but she has a special condition to transform and can't come back to her other form), and her gameplay was pretty unique, so... I think she'll stay in.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Master of sharp things!

Perhaps so. I don't think they'll be taking out Ganondorf or Falco. Ganondorf because he's a pinnacle of the Zelda games, and Falco because the series needs more than just one character from the Star Fox franchise. They'll likely be recieving the "major overhauls" any returning characters are supposed to be going through.

Kanpeki Choujin

They should give Ganondorf new moves.

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

But I thought everyone loved having nothing but carbon copies of other characters to increase the body count?

Kanpeki Choujin

I ike how with all of his dark magic and powers Ganondorf can do nothing but mimic the moves of a NASCAR driver

The world calls it love

Gant for Brawl! Gant

In all seriousness, there are a bunch of characters that I don't see making a return visit to Brawl. Mr. Game and Watch, Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Falco, Ice Climbers, and possibly a few others. I think that Ganondorf will be given a new moveset (and most likely a sword) to complement his Zelda history. He's been an iconic member of the franchise since OoT, so he's worth the inclusion. I think that all of the Mario-series characters (except for Dr. Mario) will come back, and Luigi will probably become more differentiated from Mario. Falco could make it in, but I'm not sure if he'd have enough of a moveset to differentiate him from Fox.

As far as third-party characters go, It's got to be a well-known international character from a series that's seen representation on Nintendo Systems. I think that Mega Man and Sonic are probably the most likely candidates here. Phoenix is still too small-time to see representation, especially since it's not a "classic" franchise. The only other franchise that I think would see representation would be CastleVania, and of that group the most likely candidates would either be one of the early Belmonts or Soma Cruz, who's been the more recent "face" of the series on Nintendo systems.

Before I forget, Kyle Hyde would be fun in Brawl too, though he wouldn't be able to use his gun. He could whap people with his suitcase! Kyle Hyde

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

for anyone who is waiting to get Brawl for Snake
lets hope this doesnt happen Oops
however it MIGHT please raiden fans XD
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=196
Chibi characters are my greatness weakness >.< theyre too cute!!!!!
LOL that and girls :P
i am currently Acro

5 cups a day keep the doctor away

when I first saw snake...I couldn't believe my eyes..lying bastiges I thought XD

anyway, can't wait for this one. it will own. any characters that get in...I know I'm going to enjoy playing as them.

Last edited by Jake Marshall on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hahahaha no.

Location: Laboratories Of The Invisible World (Rollerskating The Cosmic Palmistric Postborder)

I hear that the charactrs in are Snake, Samus, Meta Kight, Kid Icarus, Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, DK, Fox and a rumor that Sonic is in.

Master of sharp things!

The Steel Samurai wrote:
I hear that the charactrs in are Snake, Samus, Meta Kight, Kid Icarus, Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, DK, Fox and a rumor that Sonic is in.

These are the only confirmed characters as of November. Anyone else is either a rumor or is just BS:

Returning:
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox.

New Characters:
Wario (Wario Ware version).
Pit (Kid Icarus).
Zero Suit Samus (Metriod: Zero Mission).
Meta-Knight (Kirby series).
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid series).

Prosecution... and ROCK

Well, I heard a rumor that Sonic was supposed to be in Melee, but they couldn't get the character models in time. And yes, this is different from the EGM thing.

Marth might make a return, but don't count on Roy. Roy was an advertisement for the upcoming Fire Emblem game. Marth, however, was the main character in two of them, and arguably one of the more popular main characters of the series.

I think that the most likely non-Nintendo character at this point would be Sonic. I'd really like for Megaman to be in it, too, as I've been pulling for him since the original game.

Characters to be removed? I'd say Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy, Pichu. Gannondorf isn't going anywhere, and neither is Falco, though they're likely to get major overhauls. Young Link might be replaced with some iteration of cel-shaded Link, I think, with different moves altogether.

Zero Suit Samus. I think that's a direct result of her Super Smash Attack as regular Samus.

Oh, and as for balance, it looks like they're doing a good job of that. Pit and Metaknight are really fast guys, but their attacks seem to be lacking power. Or is it just me?

I had this idea for an item the other night. You know how the Super Mushroom makes everyone bigger? Why not have it temporarily boost characters in a way that makes sense? For instance: Mario still becomes Super Mario, and the same for anyone from the Mario series, but Pikachu becomes Raichu. Gannondorf becomes big piggy Ganon. Samus goes into a different kind of protective suit. Sonic would become Super Sonic. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Different stats would be raised, and some moves might be hindered to improve others: Jigglypuff would become Wigglytuff. Rollout would be significantly altered, but Pound and Sing would be so much more powerful, as might Rest be. Samus's defense would be raised more than offense. It's also a good way of balancing the Super Mushroom. Marth with a Super Mushroom is insane, as his weapon grows, too. Under the new Super Mushroom, he might become faster and stronger, might gain a few moves to his Dancing Blade, might even get a SLIGHTLY longer sword, but he wouldn't grow to five times his normal size, and neither would anyone else it wouldn't make sense with. Game and Watch becomes 4-D and Sony sues Nintendo. Things like that.

Kanpeki Choujin

Personally I liked having characters becoming giant... but individual boosts sounds like a fun idea too. Just as long as it doesn't replace the giant thing.

The P was for pie! Hyuck hyuck hyuck!

I hope with Brawl Nintendo will expand more upon alternate costumes, instead of just having pallet swaps. Melee had two that weren't just pallet swaps, Daisy for Peach (Had diffrent earings and jewels on costume) and Blood Falcon for Captain Falcon. (Had Blood Falcon emblem on back of shirt) Alternate Costumes can add alternate uniforms and characters without dedicating a slot on the character select screen to them. Think about it.

Link could have his regular(Twilight Princess) outfit, Ocarina of Time outfit, Zelda II outfit, and Dark Link, along with the tunic variations.
Solid Snake could have his regular(MGS2) outfit, MGS1 outfit, Naked Snake(MGS3), Liquid Snake, and mabey even MGS4 Snake.
Mario could have his Dr. Mario outfit.

The possibilities are endless. (Well not really, but theres a lot of possibilities)

Master of sharp things!

Prosecution XIII wrote:
Well, I heard a rumor that Sonic was supposed to be in Melee, but they couldn't get the character models in time. And yes, this is different from the EGM thing.

Actually, that was Snake. It's said that Hideo Kojima practically "begged" for Snake to be in Super Smash. Bros Melee, but the game was too far along and they couldn't implement him in time without compromising their schedule, so he got left behind. When Brawl came about, Mr. Sakurai (leader of the Super Smash Bros. series development team) personally called him to tell him Snake would be included in the game.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Prosecution XIII wrote:

Actually, that was Snake. It's said that Hideo Kojima practically "begged" for Snake to be in Super Smash. Bros Melee, but the game was too far along and they couldn't implement him in time without compromising their schedule, so he got left behind. When Brawl came about, Mr. Sakurai (leader of the Super Smash Bros. series development team) personally called him to tell him Snake would be included in the game.

That too, but the rumor I heard was particularly that Sakurai wanted Sonic in the game. I suppose it worked out for the best, though, because if thy included Sonic, Snake would have to be present, too. And that would have delayed the game a whole lot.

T3nshiTomoda wrote:
OMFG wrote:
Forget the furries.
The main focus is Snake! >:D

thats one of the reasons why i wanna get brawl ^_^
i mean i liked all the characters from SSBM
but IMO snake is coolest in the new line-up :P

Bolt Storm wrote:
If they keep trophies, I DEMAND to see one of either the Agents or the Ouendan, along with possibly Phoenix or Dr. Stiles.
If this happens, I will be satisfied with the game.

i dont think thats possible...
cause those games are from different companies
and well i think that they wouldnt bother putting extra trophies from other companies
(otherwise you would have ppl asking trophies from FF, street fighter, megaman, and so on)
phoenix ->capcom
stiles -> atlus
agents -> im not sure though :P

Agents is Inis, but they're Nintendo-owned, so they are technically a regular Nintendo franchise. And obviously different companies don't count anymore since Snake is confirmed, and Sonic seems pretty likely.
If you are reading this, then you're not illiterate.

elite beat agents is a nintendo franchise? didn't know.

Look at the location

Prosecution XIII wrote:

Marth might make a return, but don't count on Roy. Roy was an advertisement for the upcoming Fire Emblem game. Marth, however, was the main character in two of them, and arguably one of the more popular main characters of the series.

I think that the most likely non-Nintendo character at this point would be Sonic. I'd really like for Megaman to be in it, too, as I've been pulling for him since the original game.

Characters to be removed? I'd say Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy, Pichu. Gannondorf isn't going anywhere, and neither is Falco, though they're likely to get major overhauls. Young Link might be replaced with some iteration of cel-shaded Link, I think, with different moves altogether.

Zero Suit Samus. I think that's a direct result of her Super Smash Attack as regular Samus.

Oh, and as for balance, it looks like they're doing a good job of that. Pit and Metaknight are really fast guys, but their attacks seem to be lacking power. Or is it just me?

I had this idea for an item the other night. You know how the Super Mushroom makes everyone bigger? Why not have it temporarily boost characters in a way that makes sense? For instance: Mario still becomes Super Mario, and the same for anyone from the Mario series, but Pikachu becomes Raichu. Gannondorf becomes big piggy Ganon. Samus goes into a different kind of protective suit. Sonic would become Super Sonic. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Different stats would be raised, and some moves might be hindered to improve others: Jigglypuff would become Wigglytuff. Rollout would be significantly altered, but Pound and Sing would be so much more powerful, as might Rest be. Samus's defense would be raised more than offense. It's also a good way of balancing the Super Mushroom. Marth with a Super Mushroom is insane, as his weapon grows, too. Under the new Super Mushroom, he might become faster and stronger, might gain a few moves to his Dancing Blade, might even get a SLIGHTLY longer sword, but he wouldn't grow to five times his normal size, and neither would anyone else it wouldn't make sense with. Game and Watch becomes 4-D and Sony sues Nintendo. Things like that.

Um...like no.....Roy was a real Fire Emblem character, he just looks similar to Elliwood.

Also I have news...

Mr.Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff will not be returning. Also it's rumored Bowser Jr will make an appearance.

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Dee Vasquez wrote:
Also I have news...

Mr.Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff will not be returning. Also it's rumored Bowser Jr will make an appearance.

Do you have any proof that these characters will not be returning? I highly doubt that JigglyPuff would be removed this late in the series since Jigglypuff has appeared in both games so far. Jigglypuff seems to fill an important role as a simple get, hard to master character plus it's a fan favorite since the first game. I can't say anything about the other 2 characters.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Dee Vasquez wrote:
Um...like no.....Roy was a real Fire Emblem character, he just looks similar to Elliwood.

Also I have news...

I never said Roy wasn't real. Just that he was an advertisement for a game that was coming out shortly after Melee. Also that Marth was the main character in two Fire Emblem games, which is more than anyone else, and is arguably more popular among the Fire Emblem fans (not necessarily the Smash Bros fans) than, say, Roy.

Also, if you don't like Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, or Jigglypuff, say so, because it seems that that's what you're saying. Unless there's some sort of poll going on, in which case, internet polls are not accurate samples of the whole population, nor do they reflect the decisions of the game makers (unless they themselves conduct the poll).

I heard the rumor about Bowser Jr., too, though personally, I like his other seven kids better.

I wonder what stages will be introduced in this game. We already saw Shy Guy Speedway, Angel Land, Shadow Moses Island, and Metaknight's ship. If Sonic's in, I imagine his stage must be Green Hill Zone. Link, Mario, and Samus are probably going to get new stages, as well as the rest of the original crew.

Master of sharp things!

Dee Vasquez wrote:
Also I have news...

There's no proof of that. As I said before, the characters I mentioned are the only information we have on characters is what I wrote above. There's been no mention of the Ice Climbers or Jigglypuff. Bowser Jr. was from a rumor that got started on a mistranslated response and spread without proof, so his inclusion is also unconfirmed (and until confirmed, untrue).

ButzPuff wrote:
Do you have any proof that these characters will not be returning? I highly doubt that JigglyPuff would be removed this late in the series since Jigglypuff has appeared in both games so far. Jigglypuff seems to fill an important role as a simple get, hard to master character plus it's a fan favorite since the first game. I can't say anything about the other 2 characters.

Sakurai said that not all characters will be returning. While this was likely directed mainly at the clones, that doesn't mean long-time characters are any less likely to be cut, either. It's possible Jigglypuff may not come back, but until we get official confirmation from Sakurai or Nintendo, rumors are only to be treated as such.

Last edited by Blademaster_Orca on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

bowser jr. rumour...hmm...is that the one where sakurai supposedly talked about it during a japanese radio show?

Kanpeki Choujin

It's funny how that rumor claims Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, and Jigglypuff won't return, because those are the tghree "omg sucky boring" characters that fans tend to whine about the most.

Master of sharp things!

Jake Marshall wrote:
bowser jr. rumour...hmm...is that the one where sakurai supposedly talked about it during a japanese radio show?

Something like that. Someone on a forum said that Sakurai mentioned Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker in an interview of some sort, and suddenly there were rumors flying of a cell-shaded Link, Bowser Jr. and a third character being in Brawl, all without proof.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Carter wrote:
It's funny how that rumor claims Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, and Jigglypuff won't return, because those are the tghree "omg sucky boring" characters that fans tend to whine about the most.

Especially considering they're some of the hardest characters to be good with. Jiggly's my best guy, and Ice Climbers are probably my third best. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eskimos were canned, but I can't really see them getting rid of Game and Watch, and I'm absolutely sure Jigglypuff will be back in all her circular glory.

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

I was always under the impression that SSB never really required any actual skill to begin with, so I figured people just chose characters based on cheapness.

Personally I'd rather Nintendo mine more of their own personal backlog of games than license more outside characters--why would Sonic even fit to begin with? Snake at least started on the NES.

spr fckn srs peepz

Anders wrote:
Before I forget, Kyle Hyde would be fun in Brawl too, though he wouldn't be able to use his gun. He could whap people with his suitcase! Kyle Hyde

Kyle? He'd get a hammer smash move. 'cause of the whole hammery thing that happens.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Actually, I have my fears that one of my best characters Ness won't be returning... what with Mother 3 and all...
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

spr fckn srs peepz

Prosecution XIII wrote:

It would be awesome. Except you'd have to do twice the models for most characters, or retweak some of the models. In addition, it'd effectively make Samus and Zelda useless in their new gameplay aspects as it'd make everybody have a second character transformation.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Attorney Hatman wrote:
It would be awesome. Except you'd have to do twice the models for most characters, or retweak some of the models. In addition, it'd effectively make Samus and Zelda useless in their new gameplay aspects as it'd make everybody have a second character transformation.

Of course, their alternate characters would be tweaked, too. Enguard

You're right, though. It is a lot of work, especially when not just boosting their abilities, but changing some, and they're working hard enough on it already.

Master of sharp things!

Wooster wrote:
Actually, I have my fears that one of my best characters Ness won't be returning... what with Mother 3 and all...

I'm not sure if he really won't be returning or not. With the release of Mother 3, the idea of switching out Ness for someone like Lucas isn't such a far-off thought, though Ness is a pretty popular character in Nintendo's eyes. Besides, if Ness was to return, he'd likely be retooled and overhauled like the other returning characters.

On another note, will the ability to crawl really be all that useful in Brawl? They seem to show it off quite a bit in the trailers, especially the latter one, though gameplay-wise I don't know how they'd work that into anything but adventure mode stages or something.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Wooster wrote:

I'm not sure if he really won't be returning or not. With the release of Mother 3, the idea of switching out Ness for someone like Lucas isn't such a far-off thought, though Ness is a pretty popular character in Nintendo's eyes. Besides, if Ness was to return, he'd likely be retooled and overhauled like the other returning characters.

On another note, will the ability to crawl really be all that useful in Brawl? They seem to show it off quite a bit in the trailers, especially the latter one, though gameplay-wise I don't know how they'd work that into anything but adventure mode stages or something.

crawling is probably only going to be useful in 1p adventure mode..a hunch of sorts. hopefully I'm wrong.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:

You could duck under projectiles (like an oncoming stream of Super Scope fire) and slowly advance towards the shooter and give them a good sweep-kick, forcing them to drop their weapon and throwing them vertically. It's a valid tactic, providing the shooter isn't vigilant enough to just let loose with a charged shot that'll hit the crawler regardless of their ducking status.
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

There used to be a list of possible Characters on Wikipedia..
mother of the year~

Evil Mastermind

I'm gonna quote myself on this. "Oh yeah.

GENO FOR SSBB"
Thank you for reading my short(and probably stupid) post.
Now, as I was saying... You are the weakest link, goodbye.
(9o_o)9 Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine

spr fckn srs peepz

wildweasel wrote:
You could duck under projectiles (like an oncoming stream of Super Scope fire) and slowly advance towards the shooter and give them a good sweep-kick, forcing them to drop their weapon and throwing them vertically. It's a valid tactic, providing the shooter isn't vigilant enough to just let loose with a charged shot that'll hit the crawler regardless of their ducking status.

Or, y'know, stop shooting and just kick you in the head.

Methinks there's a C4 package if you press the crawl command while crawling.

Characters I Want:
Blue Badger (Any other PW Character apart from maybe the steel samurai would be just stupid!)
Diddy Kong
Shy guy or Paratroopa

Characters i DONT want
Sonic(or anything FROM those games)
Phoenix Wright (What is he supposed to do!? He's only human! at least Snake has guns and stuff!)
ImageImageImageImage

The world calls it love

HyperJerk wrote:
Characters I Want:
Blue Badger (Any other PW Character apart from maybe the steel samurai would be just stupid!)
Diddy Kong
Shy guy or Paratroopa

Characters i DONT want
Sonic(or anything FROM those games)
Phoenix Wright (What is he supposed to do!? He's only human! at least Snake has guns and stuff!)

But ah, Snake won't be using any of his guns in the game. Rocket Launchers and explosives sure, maybe even a calorie mate, but no guns. Besides, Phoenix isn't a popular enough 3rd party character to make it in, anyway. Same goes for the Blue Badger.

The focus on crawling has been very interesting...the first time it was shown was when Snake was revealed, so originally I thought it was a move exclusive to him (which would be fun), but now everybody's crawlin', so it makes me wonder a bit. I'm sure that if they're showing it off so much that there will be some significant strategies for it, or at least have several stages where crawling around is advantageous (duct systems in the Shadow Moses stage maybe?). Sakurai already stated that he's going to be retooling airborne battles, so I guess the crawling is his way to change ground-based warfare as well.

My biggest concern with Brawl is that it'll add too much and become overly complicated. Melee added item-catching, midair dodges, charging smash attacks, and so on, and I actually found that I didn't enjoy the game as much as a result. The original Smash was fun because it had a very simple gameplay system that still allowed for a lot of strategy and just plain basic fun. Melee started turning it into a more finesse-based fighting gameplay with its new moves, so it lost the simplicity that I enjoyed so much. Sakurai said that he wanted to simplify things in Brawl, but with the addition of Smash Coins, characters that can change fighting styles on the fly, the introduction of crawling and so on, I wonder exactly how "simple" this installment is going to be.

Look at the location

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Dee Vasquez wrote:
Also I have news...

There's no proof of that. As I said before, the characters I mentioned are the only information we have on characters is what I wrote above. There's been no mention of the Ice Climbers or Jigglypuff. Bowser Jr. was from a rumor that got started on a mistranslated response and spread without proof, so his inclusion is also unconfirmed (and until confirmed, untrue).

ButzPuff wrote:

Sakurai said that not all characters will be returning. While this was likely directed mainly at the clones, that doesn't mean long-time characters are any less likely to be cut, either. It's possible Jigglypuff may not come back, but until we get official confirmation from Sakurai or Nintendo, rumors are only to be treated as such.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

yoo hoo....over here..... Morgan
Page 2 of 175 [ 6974 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 175  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station