Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 2[ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Something You Want to See in a GameTopic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Not gonna lie, when I read that, a lot of it sounded like the convoluted plot from the first two Golden Sun games.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

I'll admit that I'd love to see something like that done well. I imagine the trick would be ensuring the player doesn't catch on to their character's true intentions until they're playing as the other character.
I'll always love you, Max.

dimentiorules wrote:
You start the game as a character going after a certain artefact that can bring either destruction or salvation. You play through the first half of the game and defeat the villain who's stopping you. And then you find out that your character was the bad guy and the "villain" was just trying to stop you from raining destruction across the land. You then spend the second half of the game playing as the character that you thought was a villain, stopping the original protagonist.

*coughlivealivecough* Sorry, sounds a lot like that game. In that game, you have 7 scenarios to play through with different timeline, story and everything. Once you complete all 7 scenarios, you unlock the 8th Scenario of Oersted.

Spoiler: Live A Live
It turns out that Oersted has a really, really bad day which resulted in him becoming Odio - THE villain that you have fought in all those other scenarios, under different spellings (O-D-O for the caveman, OD-10 for the robot scenario, etc)

And after you complete that scenario, you actually unlock the real final chapter, which you can play as either any of the protagonists up against the villain or you can play as the villain against the protagonist and destroy the entire world.

Plus, the whole "turns out I'm the villain" part is also very reminiscent of Magic Knight Rayearth.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I'll admit that I'd love to see something like that done well. I imagine the trick would be ensuring the player doesn't catch on to their character's true intentions until they're playing as the other character.

Then you REALLY should play the first two Golden Sun games.

Although I guess just hearing it discussed like that is a bit of a spoiler but Golden Sun handles it fairly well.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Although I guess just hearing it discussed like that is a bit of a spoiler but Golden Sun handles it fairly well.

Playing the villains so to speak in The Lost Age was the biggest appeal for me in the series. Really, prior to that, I think the only other time I had played a villain in a game up to that point in 2002 was I believe in Sonic Adventure 2.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Playing the villains so to speak in The Lost Age was the biggest appeal for me in the series. Really, prior to that, I think the only other time I had played a villain in a game up to that point in 2002 was I believe in Sonic Adventure 2.

It makes you question what villainy is though. The "villains" were only looking out for the interests of their people after all...well...except for the BEST villain of that series. :basil:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sometimes, I think I would really appreciate the ability to pause during cutscenes in some games. It's annoying when there's something plot important happening and you get a phone call and miss it. Or when a hard boss fight starts after the scene ends and you miss the start of the fight. The closest I have seen to a game that allows something like this is being able to use X to advance codecs conversation in MGS2 instead of the conversation playing out manually (I think this could also be done in conversations that happened during a cutscene, right?).
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
Sometimes, I think I would really appreciate the ability to pause during cutscenes in some games. It's annoying when there's something plot important happening and you get a phone call and miss it. Or when a hard boss fight starts after the scene ends and you miss the start of the fight. The closest I have seen to a game that allows something like this is being able to use X to advance codecs conversation in MGS2 instead of the conversation playing out manually (I think this could also be done in conversations that happened during a cutscene, right?).

I recall Crisis Core letting you pause during cutscenes.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

I recall Crisis Core letting you pause during cutscenes.

And MGS4. And FFXII. And every Kingdom Hearts game. And The Legend of Spyro trilogy. And Tak II: the Staff of Dreams. There's a lot more to this list.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

FFXII? I don't remember that option, maybe I just didn't use it. Haven't played any of the other ones, though it makes sense for MGS4 to have that.
Signature loading, please wait...

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

No kidding. The game was 60% cutscenes.

In Justice We Trust

When Extra Credits did a video on World War II-themed games, I posted a comment with an idea I now want to share here:

I wrote:
I'd love to see a good game focused on the Soviet-Japanese Border Conflict. Heck, there might even be enough material for a whole game in the Battle of Khalkin Gol alone. For that matter, there's potential for something I don't recall ever seeing in World War II-themed games: cavalry warfare. Cavalry warfare was being phased out by that point in time, but several of the armies still had cavalry units during World War II, including the Soviet Union and Mongolia, two of the players in the Soviet-Japanese Border Conflict (and I wouldn't be surprised if Japan and Manchukuo, the other two players, also had cavalry). Playing as a Mongolian cavalry officer from that time period could make for an interesting change of pace as far as gameplay is concerned (not to mention the whole not directly serving a major power thing providing potential for a different kind of story). It would be a gamble, though, considering that I've seen horse mechanics in other games, and they're pretty easy to screw up (and/or half-ass). There's also the risk of too many shooter fans not caring for the idea of fighting on horseback in a World War II-themed game.

As the EC team has pointed out, there are a lot of battles and campaigns from the World War II era that get little to no attention in games focused on said era. I'll admit that there's also a part of me that just wants horse mechanics handled really well in a game with a heavy focus on combat. As I said in the YouTube comment, horse mechanics are really easy to screw up and/or half-ass. It's a huge all-or-nothing challenge in a game that would revolve around fighting on horseback. If the horse mechanics are anything less than incredible, the game's going to be a disaster. The World War II setting doesn't help in that regard, as cavalry, while still used, were largely obsolete by then. Done well, this game would be quite a change of pace from the standard infantry-, vehicle-, and aircraft-focused shooter.
I'll always love you, Max.
Page 2 of 2 [ 52 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station