Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 6[ 202 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Shin Megami Tensei (MegaTen)Topic%20Title

Oh yeah.

I love those games, although I've only played Persona 3 and 4 so far. They are two of my favorites though.

Hopefully I can get my persona 4 artbook signed by Troy Baker (Kanji) at AB.

I can't wait for Devil Survivor.
:grossburg:: Mai Boi, this evidence is what all true lawyers strive for!
:phoenix:: I just wonder what Edgeworth is up to.

ImageImageImage

So, anyone been playing the latest MegaTen Games? Let's see...

Devil Survivor was fantastic. It was actually my first srpg, and I had a lot of fun with it. The story was well paced and interesting, Naoya's ending is the best I think.

Digital Devil Saga 1/2 I just finished, and I have mixed feelings. Overall the storyline was amazing, with some truly emotional moments and amazing revelations. But I got so attached to the characters that the ending kind of threw me off a bit. The gameplay is still enjoyable, although I still think the encounter rate is way too high.

And then Nocturne...I'm not sure what to say about this one either. I loved it and hated it. It's strange, because I don't normally play dungeon crawlers since I loathe grinding, but somehow Nocturne pulled me in with it's dark atmosphere and intriguing storyline...the gameplay was a bit of a chore, but damn if the story wasn't worth it. I still prefer DDS though, since I like lots of character interaction with my story telling.

A beautiful world indeed.

Recently I got the Persona remake for the PSP. I'm enjoying it, but the encounter rate is a bit high.

I'm currently looking for used copies of Digital Devil Saga 1 and Nocturne, but to no avail.

The master of Judging 64

neoswordmaster wrote:
Recently I got the Persona remake for the PSP. I'm enjoying it, but the encounter rate is a bit high.

I'm currently looking for used copies of Digital Devil Saga 1 and Nocturne, but to no avail.

Try amazon for DDS and Nocturne.

Last edited by Judgemaster64 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amazon should have both Nocturne and DDS reprints for 30 bucks.

apparently I still exist

Strange Journey confirmed for America release.

Space Marine: The RPG!

How does that make you guys feel?
THERE WAS A SIG HERE

IT'S GONE NOW

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

So I got Devil Survivor a few weeks ago, but I haven't got a chance to really get into it. The characters and story are interesting so far, but the battles disappoint me a little. Obviously, I knew it would be turn-based and I'm totally fine with that, but I don't like the pokemon-style graphics, especially since they're just wiggling pictures. Buuuut I'm being picky and 358/2 Days has really raised my expectations for graphics on a DS, so I think everything else is great and I know what I'm gonna be doing on my Thanksgiving vacation~
(It also pisses me off that they have so few spaces to input the character name. I had some good ideas for the hero's name and they wouldn't fiiiiiiiit :< )

apparently I still exist

PROTIP: If you come to a Megaten expecting awesome graphics, turn 180°, leave and never come back.

Megaten always has sloppy graphics, but makes up for god tier gameplay, plot and music.
THERE WAS A SIG HERE

IT'S GONE NOW

Goetia wrote:
PROTIP: If you come to a Megaten expecting awesome graphics, turn 180°, leave and never come back.

Megaten always has sloppy graphics, but makes up for god tier gameplay, plot and music.

what. Nocturne and DDS might not have had the best graphics, but their art style and atmosphere were fantastic. Not sloppy in the least.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who just got Persona 3 and 4. =_="

I beat P3 but I haven't gotten to the Answer and now a friend is borrowing it. XD I'm soooooo close to beating the True Ending in Persona 4...
Spoiler: P4
Since fighting in Yomotsu Hirasaka was sappin' mah MP and I barely had enough yen to adequately cover the fox, I utilized the Great King cheat for some extra cash and levels... But now I have Beelzebub and 75% of the Compendium completed! Yeah! I'm probably gonna finish the game up tomorrow.

My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Ich liebe dich, baby~

I've only beaten Persona 3 and 4 so far, though I have yet to go through FES (for the extra scenes and The Answer) and I haven't encountered the final boss in 4 yet. I'm about halfway done through Devil Survivor I think, but I stopped playing some time ago. Should really pick those up again some time.

Looking forward to getting the Persona remake for the PSP, Nocturne since I've been hearing nothing but praises about it, and of course Persona 3 Portable. GAWD ATLUS WHY MUST YOU TEASE US. ;^;

Just a word of advice to Nii. I have the Persona remake. It is pretty different from P3 and P4. No social links, huge enemy encounter rate, battles are focused on negotiating rather than explioting enemy's weaknesses (although enemy's still have weaknesses you don't get an extra turn.)

I will probably check out P3P if only for new protagonist, and to see what a younger Yukiko looks like.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Yes yes, I'm well aware that the earlier Persona games are very different from 3 and 4. But thanks for the heads up nonetheless. x3 I'm really looking forward to getting it, although... I probably should worry about getting a hold of a PSP first. >u>;

So yeah I beat the true ending of Persona 4~ ...It made me cry.

Anywhoo, I forgot to say that at Anime Vegas this year I got autographs from Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke, P3 MC, etc.) and Tara Platt (Mitsuru, Elizabeth). And they're married. :B

Apparently Yuri's favorite line is "Critical hit to the nads!" XDDD
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

fatalfeline wrote:
Apparently Yuri's favorite line is "Critical hit to the nads!" XDDD

Best line in that game. I knew I was going to enjoy the game when Youske said that.

GANTALITY!

If they release Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the PSP I might end up melting into a puddle of fanboyness.

That said, I really hoped to see the return of Ulala somewhere, bah. She was rockin.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

That was objectionable!

This was one of the things I really liked about the Persona games:

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~DESS/k00.htm

All of the character cut-ins, plus some fan-made ones. Look at Chihiro's Broken S-link one :beef:
Image<--- Friend me!

GANTALITY!

Lt. Morke wrote:

All of the character cut-ins, plus some fan-made ones. Look at Chihiro's Broken S-link one :beef:

I spassed out for a second there when I saw some of them, I was like WTF I do not remember these characters being in Persona games with cut-ins... but then I remembered the whole fan-made thing, aww bummer. Would love a huge ass cross-universe Megaten game. That page does make me want to play a few of the ones I've not played yet though.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Teenage Pearl

I've beaten Persona 3 & 4. I only half-finished my Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and never touch Revelations: Persona.
I hope I have PSP so I can play the Persona 3 Portable *sigh*
sorry for whoever make the picture ;A;

The Persona spin-off's are fucking good and stuff, Nocturne and DDS are much better imo.

SMT: Strange Journey's gonna kick serious ass.

見たのか・・・!

Beaten Persona 3 way too many times and loved it (too much I daresay), playing Persona 4 at the moment (and loving it of course, though I had to turn the voices off because I couldn't take it anymore) and Persona 3 Portable is on its way. I'm interested to see how it turned out. Will get the Persona remake later when I clear this ridiculous backlog of games. Then I'll start playing the other ones xD

Idol of Polar Bears

Are multiple ending paths a common element in the Megaten games? I've noticed it - somewhat - existed in the Personas 3 & 4 and if I'm not mistaken, it's also a part of Devil Survivor, more or less.

Back from the dead

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Are multiple ending paths a common element in the Megaten games? I've noticed it - somewhat - existed in the Personas 3 & 4 and if I'm not mistaken, it's also a part of Devil Survivor, more or less.

Fairly common.
I can't wait for strange journey :edgy:
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks

Wherever you go, I will be there.

Nii wrote:
and of course Persona 3 Portable. GAWD ATLUS WHY MUST YOU TEASE US. ;^;

I think they won't bother to release it in the US/Europe.
Besides, I'm not all that bothered.
Don't mean to start a flame war.

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

Universal Cosmic Destroyer

Well, I was introduced to the series with Persona 4 and... so far thats the only one I've played. I love it though and I've nearly finished it, just on the second to last dungeon, was going to grind to 80 before doing it though. I think I've done pretty badly though. My social links suck, and all my persona suck, I rarely bothered to get any from shuffle and I've not really fused any either (well, I fused Black Frost). I've got Persona 3 FES on the way though, and I'm gonna get Persona on the PSP too, along with the two on the DS (Devil Survivor and that Strange Journey or whatever its called). I've downloaded an ISO of both Persona 2 games too, so I'll try and do them at some point. I'd like the PSP remake of Persona 3, but I doubt I could do it in Japanese. After all those, I'll look into the other games, hoping Devil Summoner 2 gets an EU release.
Streets ahead.

Idol of Polar Bears

Fucking Devil Survivor battles a;sfhas;df;slkdhfa

The demons get way too many turns, or at least the battle I'm stuck on.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Where are you?
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Idol of Polar Bears

Trying to rescue Keisuke and that cosplaying chick. I can kill the three nearest demons on the first turn but then the other demons decide to make my team wait some odd turns while they leisurely gang-rape me and my allies. I always kill the leaders of the enemy teams to make sure they're not a threat to my allies and I can make sure Dolly-whatsername is safe but keeping Keisuke alive is a pain because of that Lilim always killing his Jack Frost or Pyro Jack. Those dragons that can attack from one space away are also a problem.

Ah, that gave me a problem too. I think that having a demon that can use the Switch skill is crucial because you can switch places with a NPC to save them and get closer to the enemy for a beating. Also, get demons that have a good attack stat that is above 10 for the occasional one-hit KO.

I refuse to change my avatar

Interesting problem on your Devil Survivor, I guess since I love to spend hours at a time power leveling I didn't have that problem....My speed was just high enough to defeat enough demons so they wouldn't attack the Crazed NPC's or cosplay girl. If you don't want to power level then I recomend you get some demons that have a very large attack radius. It helps wonders when trying to save someone.

So besides that....Who here has pre ordered Strange Journey? I hope they actually give me something for pre-ordering. They usually do but....
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Idol of Polar Bears

Maybe it was because I didn't power-level like I did in Persona 3 & Persona 4, so I'll try that. I was pissed after coming off a string of perfectly executed battles with some badass Personas only to run into the Great Wall of China (so to speak) and bust my face open repeatedly.

That was objectionable!

SerialVER wrote:
Lt. Morke wrote:

I spassed out for a second there when I saw some of them, I was like WTF I do not remember these characters being in Persona games with cut-ins... but then I remembered the whole fan-made thing, aww bummer. Would love a huge ass cross-universe Megaten game. That page does make me want to play a few of the ones I've not played yet though.

Well, when you think about how one gets their Persona, they all technically could be Persona users.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Maybe it was because I didn't power-level like I did in Persona 3 & Persona 4, so I'll try that. I was pissed after coming off a string of perfectly executed battles with some badass Personas only to run into the Great Wall of China (so to speak) and bust my face open repeatedly.

That's the thing about Devil Survivor: It so much harder to grind because you get penalized for it. After you get like 2-3 lvls higher than the demons, you start getting exp in the single digits. The only way to remove this is to beat the game... :payne:

You think its bad now, wait until you get up to Babel (or whatever his name is) on day 3. I haven't played the game since I got to that part and that was back in August, two days after I got it! :zenitora:
Image<--- Friend me!

Idol of Polar Bears

Dude's name is Beldr and sounds like he's one mean dude. Power-leveling presents no legitimate difficulty outside of being time-consuming because you can just find a place where you're comfortable fighting at and pwn the enemies in that area continuously.

Sounds like it. I'm on the day he's due to appear but I have to save the weird cosplayer first. Curse her!

I was first introduced to Persona 4, but to be honest, I was level 40 at the September boss fight; underleveled severely. And I was on Beginner, with one Moon Tsukubane left.
Then, I received Persona 3 FES; which drew me in, so much so, at the September boss fight for that game, I was severely overleveled. (60, Aigis, Ken and Koromaru at 59 [That's my team. Odd combo, I know.]).
I'm on New Game Plus plowing through bosses and enemies.
Hey, and Monad's still there, so I got Yukari, Junpei and Akihiko at Level 60 before the second full moon boss fight.

I MAY get Devil Survivor if it comes out in Europe. I'm not all that interested.

Signature by Myself

I managed to find SMT: Nocturne at a pretty reasonable price. When I started playing it, this part made me raise an eyebrow:
Spoiler: SMT: Nocturne
For one thing, I come into contact with the main villain very early in the game. He starts ranting about all of his plans and how humanity needs to start over. I'm sitting there wondering, why didn't I get this LATER in the game? Next thing you know it, the world ends. Before I can get used to the towns in Japan, the whole map changes. Wow.

Anyway, I really like it so far. It's the first SMT game I own. I watch my roommate play Persona 4, I know that one is good too.
Don't mind me, just passing through.

Got Devil Survivor, and beat it on the Yuzu route.
In my opinion, that is the TRUE ending. :karma:

Signature by Myself

Dylia wrote:

LIES!! LIES!!!

Spoiler: Ending Spoiler
Becoming the Messiah is the true ending! ALL FEAR THE MESSIAH AND HIS ARMY OF DEMONS!!!!!!! ALL SHALL OBEY GODS COMMANDS NOW!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Okay, I'm done now.
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Game Over wrote:
Dylia wrote:

LIES!! LIES!!!

Becoming the Messiah is the true ending! ALL FEAR THE MESSIAH AND HIS ARMY OF DEMONS!!!!!!! ALL SHALL OBEY GODS COMMANDS NOW!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

Aw, come on.
Who doesn't get tempted to see Mankind fuck itself over?

Signature by Myself

Dylia wrote:
Game Over wrote:
Dylia wrote:

LIES!! LIES!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

Aw, come on.
Who doesn't get tempted to see Mankind fuck itself over?

Hmm....Valid point indeed....
Page 3 of 6 [ 202 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station