Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 6[ 202 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Shin Megami Tensei (MegaTen)Topic%20Title

Would you like to see my mask?

Persona 4 just came out. This is as good a time as any to open up this thread.

I'm still working on Persona 3, because school has put me eternally behind everybody insofar as gaming is concerned. I have heard nothing but good things about Persona 4 thus far.

Talk amongst yourselves.
Re: Shin Megami Tensei (MegaTen)Topic%20Title

Akon tickets, front row, middle section.

Location: In court, sneaking up on you when you least expect it.

I guess I kinda gave up on the 4th one already, quite sad actually since I have had it for 3 days. I may pick it up again tomorrow.

Right now, I'm playing the Answer from p3FES and running through one more time for social links, using the FAQ to make sure I get all of them.
Hopefully I'll finish everything soon... great games though.

p4 just seems a little bit too gloomy for me at the moment, too much fog and rain... and the school looks so... dull. Mr. Moron reminds me of my old social studies teacher, just with a douchebaggy attitude. >.<
ImageImage Don't mess with me, or I'll give you a Silence Glaive Surprise!

The master of Judging 64

I'm also working on the Answer. I'm finished Journey for now(there still a few things here and there left)
I haven't touched P4.
P2:IS I'm at the Hitler part
P2:EP I only got past the school but will return from the start when I beaten P2:IS
SMT I have no idea how far I am
SMT 2 haven't touched yet.
SMT 3 I also don't no how far I am
DDS1&2 I haven't touched yet also.

call me crazy

I managed to get ahold of their Closed Beta in IMAGINE Online. (It takes place between the first two Shin Megami Tensei games)

That's right. There's an MMO.

It's awesome so far. But I can't enjoy what with all the current bugs of course.

I bask in emo as I can't get P4 at the moment what with waiting for a PS3 and such. I spoiled myself of all the character backstories anyway <////3 Kanji and Chie (PAAAWNCH) are my favorites already~

The only complaint I heard of the game is that they reuse some music but nothing else really....

The defender of Justice!

Beat p3 fes and the answer thing.

Dont know how far im in p4 but i saved Kanji.

In persona 2 im still in the school.

As for other Megaten games ive played are

DemiKids light
Nocturne
DDS 1
and that one where you play as a dective or something

Edit, Devil Summoner, thats what it was called.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

Last edited by winged cloud on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

stirring

Persona 4 is the best Persona game.

Kanji is the best character in the series.

Megaten in general is a very great series.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Watatata~! wrote:
The only complaint I heard of the game is that they reuse some music but nothing else really....

I haven't finished any of the Persona games yet, but the only music I've noticed reused from 3 so far is the Velvet Room and the "Social Link Established" music (slightly remixed).

They call me Bogard. Terry Bogard.

To the first post:
I find that ironic that school puts you behind a game that has SCHOOL in it...
Image Father of XDGummyDX

Judgemaster64 wrote:

If you're playing the Fan-Translated SNES version, that one suffers many bugs that will stop the game permanently.

The master of Judging 64

winged cloud wrote:
Beat p3 fes and the answer thing.

and that one where you play as a dective or something

Why do I keep forgetting Devil Summoner:RSvsSA ><.

btw I beaten that also. I might do Hard mode sometime.

Chikikyo wrote:
Judgemaster64 wrote:

If you're playing the Fan-Translated SNES version, that one suffers many bugs that will stop the game permanently.

At which point?

Judgemaster64 wrote:
Chikikyo wrote:
Judgemaster64 wrote:

At which point?

Spoiler:
-After rescuing the Heroine character (Your 4th named character) from Yuriko's battle, you go back to the Shinjuku underground mall area, go to the drinking bar, and receive Fake ID Passes to access the Coup d'etat and Underground passage to the US Embassy. Presenting the ID to the soldiers will cause the game to unconfirm your entry. (This is the most recent bug that players have encountered!!)

The defender of Justice!

The only thing in a form of complaint for Persona 4 is the bland colors for most of the areas, but then i remeber its supposed to look like that considering its setting. And also it isnt a complaint since other things have been upgraded to make it just a statment, but the P4 battle system is really dumbed down compared to P3 with the removed shot and slice options in terms of monster weakness and stregnths, now all attacks are considered strike. Im not complaining much on that though cause they added a lot more things to battles which kinda make it forgetable.
Image Image Image

The master of Judging 64

Chikikyo wrote:

Spoiler:
-After rescuing the Heroine character (Your 4th named character) from Yuriko's battle, you go back to the Shinjuku underground mall area, go to the drinking bar, and receive Fake ID Passes to access the Coup d'etat and Underground passage to the US Embassy. Presenting the ID to the soldiers will cause the game to unconfirm your entry. (This is the most recent bug that players have encountered!!)

Uh? I got past that with no problem.

call me crazy

Persona 4:
>You decide to read Witch Detective thoroughly

>A ploddingly-written romantic comedy about a girl on her first day of school in a new town. Vampires are involved.

>...The content of this book was almost physically painful for you to read.

>Your Understanding has increased.

>Your Diligence has increased.

Oh laaawd...is this poking fun at what I think it is?

The master of Judging 64

Watatata~! wrote:
Persona 4:

>A ploddingly-written romantic comedy about a girl on her first day of school in a new town. Vampires are involved.

Wish I knew, I don't read novels. Also I haven't even started P4. Though I did finally beaten FES.

Watatata~! wrote:
Persona 4:

God I hope so.

stirring

I would be the female/bottom in an act of homosexual anal sex between Kanji and myself

Holy Hell wrote:
I would be the female/bottom in an act of homosexual anal sex between Kanji and myself

Noted.

Akon tickets, front row, middle section.

Location: In court, sneaking up on you when you least expect it.

Why does Yukiko have to keep kicking my ass? >.> And P4's only going to get harder from here.
ImageImage Don't mess with me, or I'll give you a Silence Glaive Surprise!

The defender of Justice!

Wow this is turning into a P4 thread more so then a MegaTen thread haha

But one thing i must say, the camp scene in p4, amazing....it was pure win.
Image Image Image

kristophlover967 wrote:
Why does Yukiko have to keep kicking my ass? >.> And P4's only going to get harder from here.

Spoiler:
Fuse Senri for the main character, it's immune to fire.

And get Chie's Persona to Level 14 (I think?), Mabufu helps a lot. Shadow Yukiko doesn't have any weaknesses, but Charming Prince is weak against ice, so just use it twice and it'll dizzy him. Repeat each time he gets up.

The master of Judging 64

winged cloud wrote:
Wow this is turning into a P4 thread more so then a MegaTen thread haha

But one thing i must say, the camp scene in p4, amazing....it was pure win.

Well it is the newest one. I already finally beaten P3fes(still some loose ends to tie up but since I seen all the stories I will leave them for later) and working on P4. The TV land music is great(sad it doesn't play into the dungeons also). I wish I can listen to it right now but I kind of don't want to touch the songs on my soundtracks and plus I don't know it name. Anyway I got my first 4-elem persona though it was a pain to make because of one skill sticking like a quarter glued to the sidewalk. I remember getting this persona before in Nocturne(though they called fiends in that game). I can really see the changes in battle when you go from P3:FES to P4 right away. I was like knockdown alright....haha you lose a turn(when they are getting up)...*attacks mc* WTF?! You were down! Then later getting dizzy first time and I was like wtf won't patra work(I thought it was confusion) ><. Anyone notice the calendar in MC's room? Speaking of calendars I wish they gave you one. It doesn't have to have the weather(so the weather forecast thing can stay) but at least something to mark the dates with.

If you want talk of SMT stuff other then P4. Then Nocturne is alright though I don't like the whole feel. It like what happens if the hero failed to save the world. Though I do question about what happen to the world. If the bubble is of Japan what about the rest of the world? Is there like a big junk missing? Also I feel like Dante ruin is it. I like how they changed it in the 3rd version. I hope we get that with DS:RS 2. P2:IS is great but I didn't like how the persona don't level. Though I'm not sure If I'm doing it right but I feel like I always need to have one character to spam nothing but just Dia spells. Recruiting is sometimes annoying. Most time I get them angry >< or when I do the same thing I always do but somewhere they change the reaction. What the pro and con for changing the order in battle in P2:IS? Like a character heals then you put that person back at top to heal again. I wonder why people didn't like DS:RSvsSA, I liked it. It was fun. Especially the final boss.

Spoiler: DS:RSvsSA final boss
Which other game get you to beat up a ship with a sword and bullets?

I love the different demons in it that were in Nocturne and P3. I was surprised to see one of them from DS:RSvsSA in P4. I wonder if that car is in any others or is it DS:RSvsSA only(never really used it though). I was surprised that Ghoul was capturable. So many undead enemies I thought he was one of them.

I like the difficulty sometimes but sometimes it feel like they don't know what difficulty is. I mean for the special boss for P3 you NEED Armageddon(from what I read. I never seen anyone took it down without it). Not really a strategy when you need to use an attack that always does 9999. Reminds me of the special boss of EO. Where you need to follow and I mean follow a certain order or you won't be able to fight the boss easily.

stirring

kristophlover967 wrote:

Yukiko was easy. You should be like, level 16-7 by that point minimum as long as you're not running like a chickenshit from every battle. Just use bufu spells on the Prince and continue pounding away at her HP. As long as you keep your health as close to max as possible with occasional healing, her party hitting fire spell shouldn't kill anyone. She'll only use it like, twice before you waste her.

The key to the dungeons are to stay on top of your leveling. Do not ever fall behind or the game will get un-bear-able. You should also beat the dungeons as quick as possible. I do them in one or two goes. Usually I only leave once to buy new items. Then you get the rest of the month to goof off and shit around with your buds in social links and stat builders.

The defender of Justice!

Also if anyone is having problems with this game I figured out a pretty good plan to not exactly increase your levels, but to gain a lot of materials and money. If you dont have a job money can be a hard thing to keep in the game. And its even harder to manage your time if you have a lot of things to do, so i created a idea since no one suggested it. When you have someone you have to save ( after Yukiko) I suggest you fight until basically all your SP is gone from all party memebers. Now go back to any old dungeons you have been too and just fight any shadow you see, more then likely you will be powerful enough to just rush the entire battle, and if the shadows attack they mostly will do very little damage. So this nabs some extra EXP, money and items. So now selling your materials, the man can make a lot more weapons and armor, you get a lot more spending money, and get some exp all in the process. Hope that helps anyone who is having trouble.

Also this is a perfect chance to get those Arcana chances as well, and if you get the one that recovers your SP go back to your current dungeon and train as if it was a brand new day!
Image Image Image

seems interesting!

Quote:
Yukiko was easy.
she's easy even at level 14-5

fuse senri and have chie guard forever

Okay now I'm pissed.

I don't know if anyone else searches "phoenix wright" on DeviantArt, but if you do, don't for a while until you beat Persona 4. Some idiot posted a screencap, easily readable just as a thumbnail, with a title saying something like PERSONA 4 KILLER SPOILERS LUL

The master of Judging 64

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Okay now I'm pissed.

I don't know if anyone else searches "phoenix wright" on DeviantArt, but if you do, don't for a while until you beat Persona 4. Some idiot posted a screencap, easily readable just as a thumbnail, with a title saying something like PERSONA 4 KILLER SPOILERS LUL

just posting this make me want to search Phoenix Wright, Thanks a lot. Actually I searched because saying killer doesn't really help much since.

Spoiler: P4 killer spoiler
there were two but one was a fake

Also I kind of guessed right who did it so meh. so not much a spoiler for me if I got it right from the beginning(I watch & play too much stuff to figure out easily. Plus there P3...)

Spoiler:
I'm having trouble at the first part of dealing with Yukiko. Anyone have some advice on how to avoid dying? That'd be nice because I keep dying. A LOT.

Help me. >.<

The master of Judging 64

DokenMaster wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm having trouble at the first part of dealing with Yukiko. Anyone have some advice on how to avoid dying? That'd be nice because I keep dying. A LOT.

Help me. >.<

Leveling solves everything. You talking about the midboss or the actual boss?

Anyway um...Spoiler I guess

Spoiler:
Mid-boss: I don't know. If you are low on SP just come back. Also level a few maybe. I just don't remember what I did.
Actual boss:Get Senri, she great for this and I had her with all 4 elem. Also you might need to level a few to get her and I think Yosuke(I don't remember if he had it or not at that time) Media(helps a lot). Oh and Chie Mabufu is also good for this since it hits both bosses. She has no weakness but the prince does(Bufu). Just hit it twice to make it go dizzy and focus on the main boss(keep repeating this when the prince gets undizzy). Though I had my party with auto cause I wanted to play like P3(it sucks since the auto is a lot better in 3 then 4 ><) and they just went with the prince while I went for the main boss. The prince dieing stuff is funny when she tries to summmon another one and it doesn't work. btw I think it best to go for the prince first or split 50/50 because I think one time S. Yukiko used White Wall after it became undizzy once.

You know, good idea. I normally level up, but this time, I'm like... oh crap. xD

Hate is Bad :(

I just got Persona 3 FES for Christmas, and I've already put over 30 hours into it! It's the only game in the series I have so far, but it's every bit as good as I thought it would be and more so far, and I'd definitely consider purchasing another.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Okay now I'm pissed.

Unimpressive troll is unimpressive. If this person wanted to make a splash, he or she would pull a "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" driveby at a con.

Seriously, though, not cool. I think that violates DeviantArt TOS.

I refuse to change my avatar

I have finally reached December in Persona 4! And....THE BAD ENDING MADE ME VERY SAD!!

Okay that aside, I love this game...I can't stop playing....75 hours and I haven't got all the dungeons yet....

I just have one last thing to say before I go back to playing until I force a break again...

I'll..I'll Save you...I'll Save you all!!
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Game Over wrote:
I have finally reached December in Persona 4! And....THE BAD ENDING MADE ME VERY SAD!!

Okay that aside, I love this game...I can't stop playing....75 hours and I haven't got all the dungeons yet....

I just have one last thing to say before I go back to playing until I force a break again...

LET'S BEGIN THE OPERA-

Oh wait, wrong series.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Game Over wrote:

LET'S BEGIN THE OPERA-

Oh wait, wrong series.

*Pulls out operating tools*...Oh wait....Trust me, you don't want to be saved...Unless you know people are going to get you out. Man....I can't wait till I am able to borrow my friends Persona 3 FES...

Oh yeah, A warning, When you reach December 2nd, SAVE! The next day will determine the entire stroy and your answers to....Question's you'll be asked. Okay, I'll come back when I get the normal ending. Oh, and the Peace Boss is odd...Makes certain elements super charged for everyone for about....3-4 turns, abuse it. That's all for now!
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Spoiler:
If you want a quicker way of killing Yukiko's Shadow, activate the Assault Signal then lower her def. Things go smooth from there considering if you're lv. 14 or higher and using physical attacks rather than spells. And that the damage count is 100 or more most of the time. >.>

Much better. HA HA HA

~

I've played P3 and I'm working on P4 right now. I'm at 12/3 and I just avoided the bad ending. (I can't imagine how horrible it would've been to have just gotten the bad ending, knowing what happens right after.) I think some really important things happen in the next few days too...

I'm gonna try out the bad ending with my extra save file, though.

I'm not too familiar with the non-Persona games of Shin Megami Tensei. How are they? Any recommendations?

The bad ending: HORRIBLE!!!

Normal Ending, I really liked it.

Current level for MC, 79, First three People you get I used to beat the Normal ending final boss...They were ranging from 73-76. These levels are great for the two boss fights as the two bosses are actually level 75.

Attempting to unlock and then go and get the true ending before I do a New Game +/Max Social link run. From what I read being level 82 is a good level for the bosses inside. Your MC seems to be able to make yet another World Arcana Persona...I ain't going to tell which one you have to fuse to get him. Frankly because.....I don't know how. I will also attempt to to beat....Margret...*Gulp*

The defender of Justice!

Game Over wrote:
The bad ending: HORRIBLE!!!

Normal Ending, I really liked it.

Current level for MC, 79, First three People you get I used to beat the Normal ending final boss...They were ranging from 73-76. These levels are great for the two boss fights as the two bosses are actually level 75.

Attempting to unlock and then go and get the true ending before I do a New Game +/Max Social link run. From what I read being level 82 is a good level for the bosses inside. Your MC seems to be able to make yet another World Arcana Persona...I ain't going to tell which one you have to fuse to get him. Frankly because.....I don't know how. I will also attempt to to beat....Margret...*Gulp*

You do realize thats considered spoilers to many people right? The world arcana and Margret. It may be optional for the most part yes, but reguardless its still a spoiler. Please be more careful!
Image Image Image

Anyone find Kanji to be too weird when you have to save his ass?
Page 1 of 6 [ 202 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station