Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 10[ 395 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Is ______ any good?Topic%20Title

Changing this topic, come here for if you want to know if a game is any good/fun.

My request: Phantom Brave
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Re: Is ______ any good?Topic%20Title

I have not played that, but I have a request of my own.

Any of the Final Fantasies that are for the DS?
I am trying to get into the franchise, but my friend keeps warning me to avoid the DS versions. But I like the DS... :X
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

ammchan wrote:

I am trying to get into the franchise, but my friend keeps warning me to avoid the DS versions. But I like the DS... :X

This doesn't really help at all, but I heard one of the GBA ones was really good.

Good 'til the last drop.

Apollo Justice.

I hear quite mixed reviews of it.
By Lind_L_Tailor^
Creator and head guy thing of the Ace Attorney Awards! Come vote to help end meaningless debates! With style. :butzthumbs:
:damon:
^^ Click The Gant!

Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

I didn't like it, mainly because I spoiled myself.

BUT, I would recommend getting it. It's good, but I wouldn't recommend paying much over $20 for it.

The Strangest Stranger

ammchan wrote:

I really like Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. The GBA one that I like was the first Final Fantasy Tactics. Don't know if that's the one that you were thinking of (to the person who mentioned the DS version that was good).

Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

I liked it. If you really like Phoenix as the main hero you'll have to get over the fact that he is not in this game. Once you're over that it's all good (or was for me anyway).

Hope that helps people.
The Battle of the Phoenix's continues...

Call me Ishmael.

Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

I didn't like the story or the characters, but I enjoyed case 1 and 3.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

ケーキたん(仮)

Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

No. Hated it. Worst of the series, but I guess that's because I hated all the new characters in the game.

My name is Judge.

I'd reccomend AJ, unless your one of those obssesive Phoenix fans who will never be satisfied with anything but PW4, but either way it's not bad, I'd say get it, but PM me and I can help you with getting it from elsewhere.

Master of Debaters

ammchan wrote:

I liked FFIV DS. It's an awesome remake :D

Gettin' Old!

ammchan wrote:

Definately FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift, I've clocked over 200 hours on that gem. While your at it get the old GBA FFTA it's also great
Avoid FFIII in my opinion but go for FFIV it's wonderful.

But if your really wanting to start FF I suggest you start with FFX probably the best one.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

ammchan wrote:

I really didn't like FFIII :S But that's the ONLY FF game I've played, so >_>

My friend said FFIV is really good.

AJ is pretty good, and worth playing through. Not as good as AA and T&T, but that's because they were so amazing, not because AJ is bad or anything xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The master of Judging 64

Phantom Brave is different then the normal srpgs. It doesn't have a grid and I think depending on the level you can "ice skate" on the map. It also different then the other NIS games. Even Zetta saids "If people wanted drama, they would have bought Phantom Brave!". Just like La Pucelle(unless you have PAL or La Pucelle 2) it has no new game+ though I don't know if the Wii version does..haven't been up on the info on that one. If you played Makai Kingdom or Chaos Wars I think gives you some idea of the gameplay(especially the field)

IIRC you only have one item equip which you can throw around give it to someone else in battle. Each weapon has it own skills. Swords aren't the only thing, there trees, bushes,etc.

lvl limit is 99 or 100 but by doing something that I don't remember it can go to the max of 9999

Characters have a limit on staying on the field. Summoning everyone(I forgot what it called) on the field at the beginning is dumb once everyone's time runs out and if you have Marona in a poor shape.

There one bonus map in the game I feel that it ruins the ending other then that and no new game+(you got to do serious leveling or something to get everything that can be missed like La Pucelle) I liked it. You should get the Wii version since it has more.

Call me Ishmael.

@ Whoever asked about the FF games for the DS: I liked FFIVDS, and I've heard good things about FFTA-2. FFIIIDS bored me to tears though.

I'm in the mood for more games like Hotel Dusk, and Again: Eye of Providence won't be released in a really long while. So, should I pick up Another Code?

Tornado of Souls wrote:
@ Whoever asked about the FF games for the DS: I liked FFIVDS, and I've heard good things about FFTA-2. FFIIIDS bored me to tears though.

I'm in the mood for more games like Hotel Dusk, and Again: Eye of Providence won't be released in a really long while. So, should I pick up Another Code?

The consensus seems to be that FFIV for DS was good, so I may start with that. :D Thank you everyone~ I won't be confused, starting with IV, will I?

I'll check out FFTA-2 too, since everyone seems to agree on that as well.

Also, Another Code/Trace Memory is excellent. It is short, though, but the story is good. You can probably finish it in a couple sittings, depending on how much you play and how much you get stuck. It's definitely a game worth checking out, especially if you liked Hotel Dusk.

Call me Ishmael.

ammchan wrote:
The consensus seems to be that FFIV for DS was good, so I may start with that. :D Thank you everyone~ I won't be confused, starting with IV, will I?

Not at all, since most of the games takes place in different universes.

Thanks, I'll give Another Code a try later. ^^,

Mostly human

Tornado of Souls wrote:

Only if you can get it cheap, personally I borrowed it off a friend.

The game is fairly good, but it's eclipsed by Hotel dusk in just about every way. My main complaint with the game is just how short it is, it lasted me about 4-5 hours, and there wasn't enough incentive for me to play through it again. Another problem (no pun intended) is that the plot is rather simple, there's no amazing twists and the few characters don't have much appeal or depth, Ashley and D are alright, but the rest of the cast are fairly boring and unmemorable.

All in all, it is good, just rather dissapointing compared to it's spiritual successor.

Tornado of Souls wrote:
Thanks, I'll give Another Code a try later. ^^,

You're welcome~
Time Hollow is also another game that is really, really good & short, that is smiliar to Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory - it is like a visual novel (gameplay somewhat limited). I loved it, and I'll put that up there for reccommendation, because it doesn't get enough love.

Even though that's off-topic and I should shut up now. Yeah.

@ Apollo Justice:
I think it's an okay game in it's own right. I am just still butt-hurt about Phoenix and the lack of Feys/original characters, so I don't think it's nearly as good as the original 3 :X

I mean, I understand that they were trying to get "new" people into the franchise, but really, Capcom...you're gonna shaft all your original fans? Who's more likely to buy the game: people who've already been fans since game 1, or people who will suddenly magically pick up the game because a new face like Apollo's is on it, instead of Phoenix's?

.../end rant.

tl;dr: AJ is a good game, just don't expect it to be better than Phoenix's. IMO, of course.

Moo.

Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

Good, but like PW, NO REPLAY VALUE. AT ALL
Moo.

i don't know what's going on

Apollo Justice was the third AA game I played, and I have to say, I did enjoy it. case 4-3 was kinda weird though. 0_0

But like mentioned before, if you get butthurt over new protagonists, DON'T PLAY IT. I'm tired of hearing everybody ranting for hours on end about how horrid it was.

1000% Knight

Tornado of Souls wrote:

It's worth playing, but as already said, only if you can get it for not much (same with Time Hollow, actually). The only problem is it is a lot better to play Another Code before Hotel Dusk =\

Judgemaster64 wrote:
Phantom Brave is different then the normal srpgs. It doesn't have a grid and I think depending on the level you can "ice skate" on the map. It also different then the other NIS games. Even Zetta saids "If people wanted drama, they would have bought Phantom Brave!". Just like La Pucelle(unless you have PAL or La Pucelle 2) it has no new game+ though I don't know if the Wii version does..haven't been up on the info on that one. If you played Makai Kingdom or Chaos Wars I think gives you some idea of the gameplay(especially the field)

IIRC you only have one item equip which you can throw around give it to someone else in battle. Each weapon has it own skills. Swords aren't the only thing, there trees, bushes,etc.

lvl limit is 99 or 100 but by doing something that I don't remember it can go to the max of 9999

Characters have a limit on staying on the field. Summoning everyone(I forgot what it called) on the field at the beginning is dumb once everyone's time runs out and if you have Marona in a poor shape.

There one bonus map in the game I feel that it ruins the ending other then that and no new game+(you got to do serious leveling or something to get everything that can be missed like La Pucelle) I liked it. You should get the Wii version since it has more.

Thanks!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Tornado of Souls wrote:

It's worth playing, but as already said, only if you can get it for not much (same with Time Hollow, actually). The only problem is it is a lot better to play Another Code before Hotel Dusk =\

Why? Because Hotel Dusk is significantly better? :yuusaku:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

Herr Blondie wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Tornado of Souls wrote:

Why? Because Hotel Dusk is significantly better? :yuusaku:

Pretty much.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Pretty much.

Happened to me its true but I still enjoyed Another Code, it's too short though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Herr Blondie wrote:
Quote:
Pretty much.

Happened to me its true but I still enjoyed Another Code, it's too short though.

I'm not saying you won't like AC if you play it after HD, just that you'll probably like it more than you would've otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:
Quote:
Pretty much.

I'm not saying you won't like AC if you play it after HD, just that you'll probably like it more than you would've otherwise.

Seconded, you know is Another Code R is any good?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Nope, I'm American.

It's called Trace Memory!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Nope, I'm American.

It's called Trace Memory!

Good deal I'm Scottish whats your point?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Wikipedia wrote:
Another Code R: A Journey Into Lost Memories (アナザーコード: R 記憶の扉, Anazā Kōdo: R Kioku no Tobira?, lit. "Another Code: R, Door of Memory") is a graphic adventure game for the Wii console. It is the sequel to Another Code: Two Memories (known as Trace Memory in North America). The game has not been released in North America.

I hated FFIII. The story was boring and bleh, the job system was too open-ended for me, and I didn't like assigning magic spells. How would I feel abot FF1 thru 6? (GBA versions, since they are going to be a lot cheapter than FFIVDS. And if it's any help, I love Chrono Trigger, Baten Kaitos and Pokemon, and thought Paper Mario (1, 2 and Super) and Tales of Symphonia were both really good.)

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
Another Code R: A Journey Into Lost Memories (アナザーコード: R 記憶の扉, Anazā Kōdo: R Kioku no Tobira?, lit. "Another Code: R, Door of Memory") is a graphic adventure game for the Wii console. It is the sequel to Another Code: Two Memories (known as Trace Memory in North America). The game has not been released in North America.

I hated FFIII. The story was boring and bleh, the job system was too open-ended for me, and I didn't like assigning magic spells. How would I feel abot FF1 thru 6? (GBA versions, since they are going to be a lot cheapter than FFIVDS. And if it's any help, I love Chrono Trigger, Baten Kaitos and Pokemon, and thought Paper Mario (1, 2 and Super) and Tales of Symphonia were both really good.)

My apologies, its just odd something is released here first forgive my assumption.

FFIV DS IS a good game if you don't mind splashing out a little, if ya wanna be cheap go download the emulator but you miss out on Cecil!Sasuke shouting "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" a lot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

..."splashing out a little"? What do you mean by that? (And it would be FFIV Advanced, not FFIV DS >_> But it would be close enoug, right?)

I'll be cheap by buying GBA games instead of DS games, not by being illegal, thank you.

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
..."splashing out a little"? What do you mean by that? (And it would be FFIV Advanced, not FFIV DS >_> But it would be close enoug, right?)

I'll be cheap by buying GBA games instead of DS games, not by being illegal, thank you.

"Splashing out a little" paying a little more than neccessary, cause GBA game is cheaper than DS game for sure.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

A Slime Approaches!

Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

Excellent, and I can not fathom why it gets the hate it does. Maybe Its because I went in not expecting much after hearing people badmouthing it, but I loved it and thought it was great. Doesn't quite measure up to AA1 and AA3, but still better than AA2 imo. I enjoyed pretty much all the new characters, and can't wait to see the continuation of their story in AA5. In fact after beating AA4 recently, I'm looking towards AA5 a lot more then I am Ace Attorney Investigation, despite how awesome edgeworth may be.

Bad Player wrote:

Out of the original 6, you'll probably enjoy IV and VI.

Is Last Remnant any good? (And yes I know it has bugs/slowdown if you don't install it. I'm asking about the game itself.)

Le Duckmeister

I'm trying to decide between Portal and Left 4 Dead. Opinions?

Also, I'd like to hear from anyone else who played Time Hollow for the DS. I played it and didn't enjoy it very much, but I've heard others loved it....

A Slime Approaches!

Ducky-von-Karma wrote:

Both are great games, albeit very different even within their same genre.

I'd recommend portal though. It's a one of a kind game, and Left 4 dead is receiving a sequel you could jump in on just as easily later on.

Le Duckmeister

zerokku wrote:
Ducky-von-Karma wrote:

I'd recommend portal though. It's a one of a kind game, and Left 4 dead is receiving a sequel you could jump in on just as easily later on.

I heard Portal was a pretty short game, though, albeit an amazing one. Left 4 Dead has more content, does it not...?

1000% Knight

Ducky-von-Karma wrote:
Also, I'd like to hear from anyone else who played Time Hollow for the DS. I played it and didn't enjoy it very much, but I've heard others loved it....

Well, I'm a sucker for time-travel plots :3 I liked the way the "time travel" was done, because it really prevented time paradoxes from popping up. Also, your first time playing it seems really linear, but there are actually quite a few little choices you can do to make little changes. It's not much, but it's fun :3

...But it's short. Of course, with the plot it had, it could've have been much longer without really dragging on. It's a visual novella ;)

It's a good game, and definitely worth a play-through if you're into adventures and visual novels, but no, it's not that great.

...Although the little melody-thingy at the beginning for the theme is very fun :3 ...Although all the last names are really stupid. =\ (But the Greek references made me happy :3 All two of them!!! :D)

@zerokku: Thanks :3 I'll probably also get I & II since, you know, it's a good deal to get 2 games in 1, but then I'll have to also play V since it'll be the only one I missed! ...But now I know what to start with ^_^ (Not that I'll get to it for a while >_>)

Last edited by Bad Player on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Le Duckmeister

Bad Player wrote:
Ducky-von-Karma wrote:

Well, I'm a sucker for time-travel plots :3 I liked the way the "time travel" was done, because it really prevented time paradoxes from popping up. Also, your first time playing it seems really linear, but there are actually quite a few little choices you can do to make little changes. It's not much, but it's fun :3

...But it's short. Of course, with the plot it had, it could've have been much longer without really dragging on. It's a visual novella ;)

It's a good game, and definitely worth a play-through if you're into adventures and visual novels, but no, it's not that great.

...Although the little melody-thingy at the beginning for the theme is very fun :3 ...Although all the last names are really stupid. =\ (But the Greek references made me happy :3 All two of them!!! :D)

Hmm, now I want to post my Time Hollow review...

Well, see, I didn't find the game so much "good" as "acceptable." Sure, it had its moments: there were points where I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for what would happen next. But a good two-thirds of the game were "Go here. Stick your hand through time and take something. Oops, you fucked that one up; fix it. Okay, you're good now. Quick, mess something else up so we can keep pretending we have a plot!"

And I liked the opening theme, too; it was one of my favorite parts. What I didn't like was the fact that all of the characters, including the main character, were so one-dimensional. I swear, the cat had more of a personality than most of them.

A Slime Approaches!

Ducky-von-Karma wrote:
zerokku wrote:
Ducky-von-Karma wrote:

I heard Portal was a pretty short game, though, albeit an amazing one. Left 4 Dead has more content, does it not...?

Yah, but portal is one of those must plays as a gamer. L4D, not so much.
Page 1 of 10 [ 395 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station