Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 57 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Re: [PAL as well!] Virtue's Last Reward: 999 Sequel (3DS/VitTopic%20Title

Blah!

cesar26100 wrote:
By the way,has any of you played a game from the "infinity" series? I'm gonna start with Ever 17 now because I'm still paranoid about the "ZE 3 will also be the fourth game in the infinity series" theory,since the reason the teaser page is called that isn't really clear just yet.

I played Never7 all the way through and Ever 17 part way through.

Never7 is really good and has interesting ideas, although it takes a long time to get to the interesting stuff. Just hold out and you'll be able to skip over most of the fluff (basically, the part where you earn points toward a girl so you get their route) later.

I think I played one or two routes of Ever 17, but it was hard for me to continue due to the atrocious translation. But if it wasn't for that, it's pretty good too and I only scratched the surface of what's going on in that game. Plus, it doesn't have the fluff of Never7. I just wish there was a better translation out there so I could get around that.

I have Remember 11 lying around, since I was going to get to it after Ever 17.

Wait a sec, there is also 12Riven and code_18 (neither have English patches, though someone was working on one for 12Riven a while ago). Both of those are Infinity games too... although neither were directed by Nakazawa nor written by Uchikoshi; they were developed by a different company after KID went bankrupt. If the hints are really leading toward a fourth Infinity game, they are ignoring those two (apparently not nearly as good) games.

There's a patch to fix most of the errors in the Ever17 translation,with it I have not really found anything that is enough to make me quit yet...we'll see.
Signature loading, please wait...

Blah!

cesar26100 wrote:
There's a patch to fix most of the errors in the Ever17 translation,with it I have not really found anything that is enough to make me quit yet...we'll see.

Guess I never did try to look around for a retranslation back then. Maybe I'll get back to it one day.

The official translation though... ugh.

aka Ami <3

cesar26100 wrote:
By the way,has any of you played a game from the "infinity" series? I'm gonna start with Ever 17 now because I'm still paranoid about the "ZE 3 will also be the fourth game in the infinity series" theory,since the reason the teaser page is called that isn't really clear just yet.

I can't seem to find these games in English. Any ideas?

Blah!

genodragon1 wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

https://vndb.org/ should help you find translation patches for Never7 and Remember11. Ever 17 had an official English release, though the company that made it is defunct. Sounds like there is a patch out there to fix the translation in that game. Apparently someone is still translating 12Riven, they just decided to translate another game first, so I don't expect anything from that for at least a year.

That's all I can really help you with from here.

OBJECTION!

What game are they translating before 12Riven?
Last I heard there were tech problems with the game so editing was put on hold.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Blah!

grim_tales wrote:
What game are they translating before 12Riven?
Last I heard there were tech problems with the game so editing was put on hold.

They finished translating the other game late last year. It's the first game in a series that sounds a bit similar to 999 where a group of teens (I think?) are trapped with explosive collars around their throat and they each need to complete objectives on PDAs before time runs out. A review makes it sound good, but heavily flawed. It's an H game though, so I won't mention it by name here.

An announcement a year or two ago saying they were going to translate that game made it sound like it was going to be a side project to 12Riven, but I guess that changed. I think 12Riven is their current main project now. Updates are sparse though, and it's hard to be sure when there are a few other games they want to translate (including the sequels to the game in the previous paragraph).

If you want to stay updated, you can look up 12Riven on VNDB, look for details on the English patch, and find the website of the translating group. Their website is safe for work, if you were wondering.

They also translated Never7 and I think Remember11 as well.

I think Ever 17 also had an Xbox 360 remake...? I am not sure how different it is from the original though,and if it is available in English.Also the original company went bankrupt so legal copies of the game are hard to come by anyway.

Don't call me Shirley

As a matter of fact, 12riven IS written by Uchikoshi, and the story's quite praised actually. Though it deviates from the infinity/zero escape formula.

aka Ami <3

blahmoomoo wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

https://vndb.org/ should help you find translation patches for Never7 and Remember11. Ever 17 had an official English release, though the company that made it is defunct. Sounds like there is a patch out there to fix the translation in that game. Apparently someone is still translating 12Riven, they just decided to translate another game first, so I don't expect anything from that for at least a year.

I've heard of the patches before (thanks for the link), but it can't patch what I don't own. I can't seem to find Never7, Remember11, nor even the English-release Ever17.

Blah!

genodragon1 wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:

I've heard of the patches before (thanks for the link), but it can't patch what I don't own. I can't seem to find Never7, Remember11, nor even the English-release Ever17.

The one official website that was suggested for Never7 by the translation team seems to no longer have it, unfortunately. I'm not entirely surprised if the JP version isn't on sale anywhere since Cyberfront (who got the game rights from KID and produced 12Riven and code_18) apparently went defunct in 2013. The company that translated Ever 17 went defunct a long time ago, though you might be able to find (likely expensive) physical copies around.

I guess these games are mostly abandonware, unless 4infinity is really directly related to the Infinity series. I don't know if Cyberfront was bought by anybody, especially since they don't have a Wikipedia page.

I don't think any company is getting money off it, it will not be a problem if you download them.I can't link it here but I found a download for Ever17 quite easily actually.

Smoke weed everyday.

So if last week's update was weird, this one is a doozy. I wouldn't read too far into it though; In fact, I think it was just a memorial day weekend mishap.

The 4infinity update this week is 34.0419 (scrolling). Don't know what the significance of this one is. The tweet is here. This time, it wasn't tweeted from Aksys' official account, only retweeted. Very interesting.

4436/13031 is what that is as a fraction, btw.

EDIT: Looks like he worked on VLR. Thanks, Irru!
Oh god where are my legs

Also mentioned on reddit is that 34.0419 is a line of latitude that runs through, you guessed it, Nevada

Smoke weed everyday.

Afraid not. The latitude really runs closer to LA than anything else, but it's definitely not in Nevada. To be fair though, latitude is something I never would've thought of to begin with.

Taking 34.0419 as a latitude and 1/216 as a longitude puts you in the north Africa. Maybe that's secretly where the third game takes place? Would be a neat twist.
Oh god where are my legs

Doesn't the third game definitely take place in Nevada, though? Actually, this would be the first ZE game where the location isn't a twist so maybe Free the Soul builds a replica somewhere else or something? Idk

LA is where SOIS is, though. It's probably a stretch to go on this line of thinking, though

Don't call me Shirley

JesusMonroe wrote:
Doesn't the third game definitely take place in Nevada, though? Actually, this would be the first ZE game where the location isn't a twist

I sense a retcon, quite frankly. The second game both spoils lots of info regarding the third one and leaves lots of details in the dark, which leads me to believe Uchikoshi and team pulled a Kojima and didn't know exactly what the third game would be about. A bit like the patriots "twist" at the end of MGS2 that was messily scrapped later because the writers just had no idea where they were going with that.

OBJECTION!

I hope ZE3 still has lots of twists, since in some ways we know quite a bit about it already - where it takes place (?) some of the characters etc

Shtak wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
Doesn't the third game definitely take place in Nevada, though? Actually, this would be the first ZE game where the location isn't a twist

I sense a retcon, quite frankly. The second game both spoils lots of info regarding the third one and leaves lots of details in the dark, which leads me to believe Uchikoshi and team pulled a Kojima and didn't know exactly what the third game would be about. A bit like the patriots "twist" at the end of MGS2 that was messily scrapped later because the writers just had no idea where they were going with that.

I don't think there'll be a retcon--just escalation. We know some of the details already so Uchikoski will probably play off the knowledge we have and make more twists or a bigger story (maybe more than 9 required endings?)

I trust in Uchikoski because he is a good writer. After 999, I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore and then VLR came along

Gettin' Old!

Hey folks,

There's a new Nonary game beginning I hope you all participate.

(That announcement could go down really badly but there's no real way around it xP)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Don't call me Shirley

JesusMonroe wrote:
Shtak wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

I don't think there'll be a retcon--just escalation. We know some of the details already so Uchikoski will probably play off the knowledge we have and make more twists or a bigger story (maybe more than 9 required endings?)

I trust in Uchikoski because he is a good writer. After 999, I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore and then VLR came along

The problem is, what we already know are big, physical things. Things that limit the scope and mystery around the third game. Most infinity and zero escape games could pull out big twists because we entered the game with nearly no knowledge regarding the where, when, what, why and how, which left room for some huge twists not normally possible in more traditional fiction genres. I mean, think about all we already know before even entering the third game? The only way I can think about would be to make the third game unfold off screen, while we we actually get to play another one that would be linked to some extent to it...

Shtak wrote:
The problem is, what we already know are big, physical things. Things that limit the scope and mystery around the third game. Most infinity and zero escape games could pull out big twists because we entered the game with nearly no knowledge regarding the where, when, what, why and how, which left room for some huge twists not normally possible in more traditional fiction genres. I mean, think about all we already know before even entering the third game? The only way I can think about would be to make the third game unfold off screen, while we we actually get to play another one that would be linked to some extent to it...

It's not a big deal to me that we know the location. In both 999 and VLR, you don't expect the location to be anything special but then the twist is that it is

I am upset that we know so much of the cast, though. Also, it seems as if the nine participants are going to be astronauts in some way? Why would they be chosen for the test otherwise? Unless the government chose nine random people to take part in it and the twist will be that Zero/Brother orchestrated the events from the beginning. The only way I won't be disappointed by the large cast is if Sigma, Phi, and K infiltrate the test site of nine people, making it a duodecary game

I know we know a lot of details but why I'm not that upset is because I feel like Uchikoski will play off the fact that we do know. We know the reason Sigma, Phi, and K are there, but we don't know WHY the game is being played. This one will probably be a little more nefarious

I'm gonna try to not watch the trailer when it comes, though. I don't want to get any first impressions of the characters, know any returning characters, know any of the plot, etc. Even if it's all minor things (I will listen to the trailer, though, as 999 and VLR both had awesome main themes)

OBJECTION!

Good points. Hopefully Uchikoshi will have twists up his sleeve to flip our expectations. Look at 999's characters - at first glance they appear to be simple anime tropes but are anything but.
I'm disappointed too we seem to know so much of the cast of ZE3 though. Think of the great mystery in a lot of these games, is that you dont know who these people really are, etc.

I also just love meeting a character who's a blank slate and gradually forming impressions on them. Eventually you'll get an idea of their personality and by the end of the game, you know the whole deal with that character. Then you can look back at the beginning and see that his/her personality was always consistent with who they are and the actions he/she committed

Dio is kind of the same throughout the entire game, but when you're first forming an impression on him he seems like a guy who's rightfully upset that he's been kidnapped and could possibly die. Then, you find out that he's just a huge asshole who's going to twist the knife any chance he gets

"Accurate representation of the ZE fanbase if 4infinity is NOT ZE3"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCJnTbmztk

Smoke weed everyday.

-118.2687 up on the teaser site. That's the longitude of the place where anime expo is being held. Damn. I thought us actually solving some of these would make me feel fulfilled, but it doesn't answer anything... Tweet is here.
Oh god where are my legs

Don't call me Shirley

MrGiggles wrote:
-118.2687 up on the teaser site. That's the longitude of the place where anime expo is being held. Damn. I thought us actually solving some of these would make me feel fulfilled, but it doesn't answer anything... Tweet is here.

Well, this kind of teaser is more created for building hype than really answering anything.

Gettin' Old!

Just hope this doesn't turn out to be another TWEWY countdown.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Hey folks,

(That announcement could go down really badly but there's no real way around it xP)

Just a reminder that this is still a thing.

Also,I think that if this isn't ZE then they really want to make this seem like it,though I don't know why they would do the latter unless they want the whatever game it is to get hate from most ZE fans.

Smoke weed everyday.

cesar26100 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hey folks,

Also,I think that if this isn't ZE then they really want to make this seem like it,though I don't know why they would do the latter unless they want the whatever game it is to get hate from most ZE fans.

Uh... Seems kinda interesting, but I have to confess, I read that OP three times and still don't understand it. That probably just means that this isn't for someone like me, right?

Anyway, more on topic, I'm really starting to like the theory that 4infinty is actually teasing multiple games. While 1 word per game would be a bit... Much, I could see a few words teasing one game and a few words teasing another.
Oh god where are my legs

Gettin' Old!

MrGiggles wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hey folks,

Uh... Seems kinda interesting, but I have to confess, I read that OP three times and still don't understand it. That probably just means that this isn't for someone like me, right?

Anyway, more on topic, I'm really starting to like the theory that 4infinty is actually teasing multiple games. While 1 word per game would be a bit... Much, I could see a few words teasing one game and a few words teasing another.

Nah man there's only been one of these before EVERYONE is new to it, even the GM is doing something new it's worth coming in.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

MrGiggles wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hey folks,

What don't you understand? The MAMA part is just the standard for any mafia games,the GM hasn't explained what changes where made to the mechanics from last game yet.

Smoke weed everyday.

I don't know what the "Mafia" thing means. Like, they're talking about the people in suits who are into organized crime, right? But somehow that relates to ZE? So I guess... I get that MAMA means the agreement that was posted, I just don't understand what the agreement is talking about. Factions? Dead threads? They all go over my head.

Edit to keep this post a little more on topic: Dream list of game 3 participants?
Oh god where are my legs

No..When I say "mafia" I mean the party/forum game of which we have already played a few rounds on this site.The game Pierre linked,or at least the first round by Jesus Monroe was inspired by that game.What I meant to say was that if you didn't follow the original "Nonary Game" round you would obviously be confused,since the sign up thread for the second round doesn't explain the game mechanics and just uses the generic rules for Mafia games,which use different terms than ZE mafia.

Basically, Mafia is just what this kind of game is called,the game itself will use different terms and the rules will be explained properly.

Smoke weed everyday.

So, ok, I think I kinda get it now. It kinda reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist Town without all the guns and arguments leading to reckless usage of said guns and that one asshole who isn't a traitor, but shoots an innocent to start a 15 man shootout. Eh... Should I sign up if I've never done this before? I'm a bit worried about messing something up and ruining it all. Just like the last time I played Cluedo and managed to have two killers.

On topic, my dream list would actually be the characters that are already confirmed, plus an entirely new cast. The fun in 999 and VLR comes from learning about these people and seeing that they're so much deeper than they first appear (or Clover). I feel having people we already know so much about would kind of kill the fun.

Except Zero III. I want him in the next game. Somehow.
Oh god where are my legs

I don't think there will be a problem with this being your first game.I mean,the first Nonary Game round was also my first mafia game and while I maybe could have done better,I don't think previous experience would have helped me much,the game is a closed setup and has different strategies from normal mafia after all.

And we definitely haven't seen enough of Zero III.He should appear in the next game and mock the player every time they get a bad ending,

Smoke weed everyday.

That would be amazing. Could we get Batman: Arkham style gameovers? Him taunting you in first person for screwing something up.
"Well, look who messed up again. Have a nice tr- something."
Oh god where are my legs

Gettin' Old!

MrGiggles wrote:
So, ok, I think I kinda get it now. It kinda reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist Town without all the guns and arguments leading to reckless usage of said guns and that one asshole who isn't a traitor, but shoots an innocent to start a 15 man shootout. Eh... Should I sign up if I've never done this before? I'm a bit worried about messing something up and ruining it all. Just like the last time I played Cluedo and managed to have two killers.

On topic, my dream list would actually be the characters that are already confirmed, plus an entirely new cast. The fun in 999 and VLR comes from learning about these people and seeing that they're so much deeper than they first appear (or Clover). I feel having people we already know so much about would kind of kill the fun.

Except Zero III. I want him in the next game. Somehow.

How about we have the, basically already confirmed, cast for the Nevada base and then after the inevitable reality jump (however it happens) we have an entirely new cast. Arguably this would break the 9 people rule but it would still mess us around a bit. Different people, different timelines. It would help them break that fear some people have of too many elements being already known about the Nevada incident.

Addtionally:

By my calculations the 2nd Nonary Game on CR has only one more spot left. Sign up now to avoid disappointment! Don't worry about not knowing the mechanics or anything, the GM will explain that. Again this is quite an experimental game, the kinks will be worked out and developed as we go along.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Unfortunately, I don't think Zero III will make an appearance. It took Sigma decades to invent him

OBJECTION!

I wonder if this game will have a Zero like figure?
I really want to have a new cast because otherwise it would spoil the mystery/fun of these games, where you dont really know who the characters are, what their motivations/stories are etc.
Page 57 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station