Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 175[ 6974 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 175  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros BrawlTopic%20Title

spr fckn srs peepz

Kenjimurasame wrote:
If it were you'd need more MADDEN.

They couldn't. EA'd never relinquish their super hot franchise for SSBB. Although it'd be funny.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Prosecution... and ROCK

It's not really like they're starting totally from scratch. I think they've covered all their major bases, I think. But let's look at my opinion of what the odds are.

Who's in already? Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Samus, Fox. Those are the major Nintendo franchises, I'd say, the ones that can't be left out. Fire Emblem is on its way, but doesn't have a main character or one single character that can be representative of the series. The closest one is Marth.

Here are my guesses on the state of the other characters:

Luigi's coming back. Yoshi will be back, too. Donkey Kong. Captain Falcon. (If they have to pick a FE guy, Marth, for sure, unless they want to advertise the new one, because he's the iconic Fire Emblem guy.)

Who might not be in it? Dr Mario. Pichu. Young Link. Roy. That's for sure. They aren't only from games that have too much representation, they're also direct clones.

Who's on the cutting block, though? Ganondorf. Zelda. Marth. Ice Climbers. Jigglypuff. Mewtwo. Bowser. Toadstool. Falco. Game & Watch. Ness.

Eleven characters whose fates are more or less up in the air. Not bad, after already including six, cutting four, and strongly suggesting another four.

Not played by Powers or Engarde

Carter wrote:
Tinker wrote:
I'm quite against putting Roy and Marth in. They haven't appeared in the West, just in SSBM. I prefer to put people from the FEs that already are here in, like Eliwood and Lyn.
Eh, Roy I can imagine, but Marth is way too iconic to the series to remove that easily. The game isn't being made exclusively for the west, afterall.

Yeah, that's true. SSBB is a japanese game made by japanese people, so they're probably going to have the japanese gamers in mind just as much as those in the rest of the world. Marth was in the very first Fire Emblem, and also starred in the best-selling entry in the series (FE3), so I can't see them leaving him out. Roy, on the other hand, was primarily an advertisement for FE6 (which was in development) when he was included in SSBM, so it wouldn't completely surprise me if he isn't playable.

Characters to be cut? Well, I'd be a little sad if they cut Roy, but I can deal with Marth.

Pichu really needs to be cut. He's essentially a more difficult Pikachu - he's lighter, takes more damage, and even damages himself with his own attacks. I wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Ganondorf shouldn't be cut - his move list could use a reworking, though. His moves are really more suited to someone a little more mobile, and he's more of a tank character. Give him a projectile attack (the energy ball he uses in Ocarina of Time's final boss?). But leave in that absurdly powerful B-button mega punch.

Game & Watch was hands-down the most awesome SSBM character ever. He should remain a hidden character, but don't cut him. There is something so insanely awesome about knocking somebody out of the stage by launching flapjacks at him. And I cant count the number of times I brutally owned somebody with the Oil Panic counter-attack.

Oh, and Lyn. She would be awesome to replace Roy - a speed-based sword fighter, even faster than Marth. She'd be like Fox, except without the blaster, and possibly with a Zelda-style teleport move. And lots of counter-attacks.
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

The third party character I really want to see in Smash is Ryu. I mean he's the main character of THE definitive fighting game, so I think that he deserves a spot on the Smash roster. Capcom's not doing anything with him anyway, so I think it'd be great to finally see him in something new.

Pickens wrote:
The third party character I really want to see in Smash is Ryu. I mean he's the main character of THE definitive fighting game, so I think that he deserves a spot on the Smash roster. Capcom's not doing anything with him anyway, so I think it'd be great to finally see him in something new.

You know, come to think of it, I like the idea of Ryu. He's already crossed over with Marvel, SNK, and Namco characters, so why not Nintendo? His moves, I think, would fit in nicely to SSB's gameplay. I can perfectly imagine Kirby yelling "Hadouken!". ^_^

spr fckn srs peepz

Samurai Sam wrote:
Pickens wrote:

You know, come to think of it, I like the idea of Ryu. He's already crossed over with Marvel, SNK, and Namco characters, so why not Nintendo? His moves, I think, would fit in nicely to SSB's gameplay. I can perfectly imagine Kirby yelling "Hadouken!". ^_^

Hm...

B - Denjin Hadouken
Down+B - Shinkuu Tatsumaki Sempuu Kyaku
Side+B - Tatsumaki Sempuu Kyaku
Up+B - Shoryuken

SMASH/BRAWL Maneuver - Shin-Shoryuken.

Yeah, I guess...
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Regular avvy was too big. ;_;

Here are characters we KNOW are in the game:
Samus/zSuit Samus, Mario, Wario, Link, Kirby, MetaKnight, Pit, Pikachu, Snake, and Fox.

Here are characters who will most likely return:
Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Ganondorf, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Capt. Falcon, and Ness.

These characters may not return:
G&W, Ice Climbers, Falco, Dr. Mario, MewTwo, Pichu, Young Link, Marth, and Roy.

These are non-Nintendo characters that may get in: (Remember: they said there will be 3 non Nintendo chars)
MegaMan, Geno, and Sonic.

These are Nintendo Characters might be candidates for Brawl:
Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Shy Guy, and maybe a Space Pirate from metroid or something.

I heard that there is going to be 40 characters in Brawl though.

Last edited by DarkFlood on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DarkFlood wrote:
Here are characters we KNOW are in the game:
Samus/zSuit Samus, Mario, Wario, Link, Kirby, MetaKnight, Pit, Pikachu, Snake, and Fox.

Here are characters who will most likely return:
Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Ganondorf, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Capt. Falcon, and Ness.

These characters may not return:
G&W, Ice Climbers, Falco, MewTwo, Marth, and Roy.

These are non-Nintendo characters that may get in: (Remember: they said there will be 3 non Nintendo chars)
MegaMan, and Sonic.

These are Nintendo Characters might be candidates for Brawl:
Geno, Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Shy Guy, and maybe a Space Pirate from metroid or something.

I heard that there is going to be 40 characters in Brawl though.

Like we just said, Marth is the closest thing there is to an icon for the FE series in Japan, so I'd place him in the "characters most likely to return" section. Falco seems to me like a likely returner as well, since that would leave Fox as the only SF character. Something tells me G&W will return, although he does have a chance of being left out. Ice Climbers...I'm really not sure what to think about them. I have a feeling they'll be back, since they were quite unique. Also, you left out Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Pichu. I'd say that all three of them belong in the "may not return" column.

Nintendo didn't particularly say that there would be 3 third-party characters; they said there probably wouldn't be any more than 3. I think that Sonic has a chance of making it, although I have no idea how likely it is. Mega Man.....no idea on that one. I don't recall hearing a confirmation of the number of characters.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Geno isn't a Nintendo character. He's owned by Square. He's been a popular vote though. Maybe we well see the robot doll in action. I certainly wouldn't mind.

Honestly, while Ryu might be a great character to include, I personally wouldn't like to see him in it. He's a fighting game character already, and the game isn't really suited to his moves. You can't do quarter circles or half circles in Melee. I mean, you COULD, but that would defeat the purpose of a game that's supposed to be super easy to pick up.

Besides, Megaman got a lot of votes, second to Sonic, I believe, though I would like a source that has the numbers, or at least a quotation, if anyone knows where such a thing can be found.

I think that Nintendo finally realizes what they've got on their hands now. Super Smash Bros was created to be casually fun, unlike most traditional fighters. You could pick this game up, already be familiar with the characters, and essentially have a blast just using B attacks. Melee was created along the same vein (albeit a bit more reliant on A attacks). Thus, it's not balanced and even has a character that's essentially a big advertisement, not to mention too many clones.

For Brawl, though, they need to look at the series a bit different. Melee is HUGE in the West: we have tournaments, and it's still selling amazingly, despite the system whose launch of which it was a part has been declared kaput. So they will be considering non-Japanese fans while developing Brawl. They're also making the game with the idea of which characters SHOULD be in it in mind, based on the game they're from, their roles in their respective games, and their popularity among fans. The tier list has little bearing on their decisions, however.

That being said, I think it's safe to say that Roy falls into the category of those characters who should not be included. He is not a popular video game character. Marth has more of a claim on the spot, seeing as how he is, as has already been stated, iconic of the series, and indeed a popular video game character in Japan, where the series flourishes, at least. Even if here in the West he isn't popular in his own right, he's become a popular Smash character, as has Roy, but when narrowed down to two characters from a popular Japanese series which might be hard to exclude form this point forward, the decision is easy. As well, Marth and Roy often trade spots on the Melee tier list, but it is Marth who will remain on the roster if only one of the two is included. They may decide not to include a Fire Emblem character at all, though I doubt that, as it is a popular Nintendo series in Japan. Also, one of the revealed stages is more reminiscent of the style used in Fire Emblem games than any other Nintendo game (at least in my opinion).

Hmm.... Are my huge blocks of text annoying anyone...?

Allright, I appended my list. But I remember seeing information about a leak. One of the Brawl developers in an interview said something about a 'coconut gun'. So this logically means that Diddy Kong will make an appearence.

Personally, I'd love to see Sonic and Megaman both get in there.

The world calls it love

I've heard some rumblings about Diddy elsewhere, and given the number of Nintendo games he's appeared in I wouldn't discount it. I have no idea where you pulled Geno from, but I doubt we'll see him in this. I guess you could consider his little cameo in Mario & Luigi on the GBA as proof that Square isn't completely unwilling to shell out the character rights, but I'd say considering the small number of third-party characters that will make it in that they'll want to go for ones more iconic to their franchises. Sonic is probably the most obvious choice, followed by Mega Man (both have had good representation on Nintendo systems and are major characters in the industry), so those are the ones I'm expecting to hear about. That said, I also have a feeling that Nintendo's going to throw in some third party character that nobody's expecting.

As far as Nintendo's in-house characters go, most of the major series characters I wouldn't be too worried about. They might trim down characters from series' that already have lots of representation (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon), and some of the one-time-only characters may take off as well (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch possibly), but I'd be really surprised if they cut any of the fighters that have appeared in both Smash and Melee. That's why the "announcement" of Fox didn't have a very big impact--he's the face of a major Nintendo property that's been represented well in both games previously. As far as new Nintendo characters to make the trip to Smash, I'd recommend looking into games that were popular but not really big enough to be one of Nintendo's real "heavy hitters." I remember hearing a rumor that Bowser Jr. was in it, which wouldn't surprise me after all of his appearances during the Gamecube generation. Captain Olimar of Pikmin fame is certainly a likely candidate, and I also wouldn't be surprised to see some representation from the Wars franchise (it's certainly popular enough). Metroid is a series big enough to warrant having more than one fighter in it, but...there really aren't any other characters that could easily fit in to the Smash style. I've heard rumors about Ridley, but I just can't picture him as a fighter here. Fighting as a Chozo might be fun... Hobohodo

I think Diddy has a good chance of being included. Smash Bros. needs more DK characters.

Prosecution... and ROCK

I'd be amazed if Mr Game & Watch left. He's been in a few dozen Nintendo games, and was iconic to the franchise as a whole, even after Mario showed up.

stirring

Not to mention it seems pointless to throw out Mr. Game and Watch, as well as some of the other odd players like Ice Climbers.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

I doubt Phoenix would ever be in Super Smash Brothers... As powerful as his "OBJECTION" can be, I can't really think of what other moves he could have. So far, the only other thing I can think of is giving his enemies paper cuts with his court records... Franziska seems to be a more likely candidate because of her whip, but if she shows up then Phoenix has to too.
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

Personally, I'd like to have at least two characters per game series for Smash Bros. (Excluding third party characters)

For Metroid, the logical choice would probably be a space pirate (Weavel?)
Ridley is too cumbersome, And there aren't any other 'good' alternatives.

For DK, we get Diddy Kong. Simple enough, and would already have a good moveset.

For Earthbound (If Ness returns) we could use one of his friends (Paula, Jeff, Poo (lol)), but we could also use Pokey as well. That one would be tough to call though.

There are already plenty of Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda characters (Assuming all SSBM ones return) but I'm not sure what character could possibly be added for certain series. For example, F-Zero.

But as far as I know from my sources, Ganondorf is probably coming back. I recall something about complaints for SSBM that Ganondorf, Roy, and Falco had to be clones due to time constraints.

Here's hoping for a revamped Ganondorf! (Kickass sword included) Edgy

Master of sharp things!

DarkFlood wrote:
Personally, I'd like to have at least two characters per game series for Smash Bros. (Excluding third party characters)

From what I've been hearing, the popular series' will have large amounts of characters returning, while those from secondary Nintendo titles that are either there for nostalgic purposes or that don't have many fitting representatives (Samus, Game & Watch) will only have one or two fighters included.

For examlple, the Mario series is provably Nintendo's most recognizable franchise, so it's most likely that they'll pick several characters to respresent it: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Bowser. However, since the Wario Ware series is fairly new, and not nearly as recognizable, and has a lack of memorable fighter-type characters, Wario would be the only one there to represent Wario Ware.

Quote:
There are already plenty of Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda characters (Assuming all SSBM ones return) but I'm not sure what character could possibly be added for certain series. For example, F-Zero.

The only real character from F-Zero that could possibly work as a foil for Captain Falcon in a fighting game would be Blood Falcon, who's just a CF clone to begin with. As such, it may just come down to CF still being the only one to represent the franchise.

Quote:
But as far as I know from my sources, Ganondorf is probably coming back. I recall something about complaints for SSBM that Ganondorf, Roy, and Falco had to be clones due to time constraints.
[/quote]

That's only partially true. Most of those characters (and specifically the ones with direct clone movesets, like Dr. Mario and Pichu) were added at the last minute altogether, not just their movesets. The only one I'm not sure about was Roy, since he was given an additional KO-helping perk that puts him more equal to Marth, not just a clone.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
The only real character from F-Zero that could possibly work as a foil for Captain Falcon in a fighting game would be Blood Falcon, who's just a CF clone to begin with. As such, it may just come down to CF still being the only one to represent the franchise.

Well, they had to invent moves for CF, so I suppose they could do that for other F-Zero characters as well. If any other F-Zero character makes it, I would think Samurai Goroh would be it.

Regardless of characters, we can all agree that Brawl will extend the Wii shortage by 1-2 more years.

King of Cravates

Edgy Thinks So hard to choose my favorite character in Brawl... But I'll have to say Mario.

One character I certainly hope comes back is Peach, if she's gone I'll have to find a new character to play as ='/

I play Fox, so I'm covered. But if a fasster character is introduced, then I'll move to that one.

For some reason, my friend is always wondering how I have such ungodly reaction speeds when I'm playing against him.

The Show

still . . . has an official release date been announced yet?

Master of sharp things!

Akagi wrote:
still . . . has an official release date been announced yet?

None yet. They are aiming for sometime this year, though, and if they are going to accomplish that they'd have to announce something soon. That is, unless they're going to pull a Super Paper Mario again (where they announced the release date just over a month before the game is to be released).

Prosecution... and ROCK

I'm saying it here: we'll see it in the US before September 30.

I imagine they'll announce the date pretty much right before they'll release it, like Orca said.

Are there any big video game shows coming up?

Master of sharp things!

Prosecution XIII wrote:
Are there any big video game shows coming up?

Well, let's see...

The new E3 (which, ironically, is called E3 Expo, so it's now Electronic Entertainment Expo Expo) is in the middle of July now.

The Games Convention in Germany takes place in August from 20 - 23, with an extra day for the press.

PAX (the Penny Arcade Expo) takes place during the last weekend in August, which is between 24 - 26. This is the biggest gaming convention in North America since E3 was downsized.

The Tokyo Game Show is set to take place between September 20 - 23, and is now probably the biggest gaming convention overall since E3 was downsized.

Entertainment For All (E for All), the spiritual sucessor for E3, is scheduled for mid-october.

So no, nothing until July, at least. I probably missed an event or two, though.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Goodness, PAX and TGS side by side? Low and behold the offical week of the gamer.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

The world calls it love

Prosecution XIII wrote:
I'm saying it here: we'll see it in the US before September 30.

Objection

I disagree with this statement. We may see Mario Galaxy before the end of September, but Brawl is going to be Nintendo's big title for the holiday season, their weapon to go up against the likes of Halo 3 and whatever heavy hitter the PS3 will bring to the table. Galaxy is obviously big, but I'd say that the hype for this game is arguably greater, so it wouldn't make any sense for them to release it prior to the lucrative holiday season. Plus it gives them a few more months to make sure that they can work the bugs out of the online components. Whatever people say about Pokemon Battle Revolution, Smash Bros will be the first title that goes online on a large scale, and people are expecting it to be flawless. Given Nintendo's usual release date strategy, I propose that Super Smash Bros Brawl will be released on either November 26th or December 3, give or take a week. Remember that Melee wasn't released until early December either, which might play into their decision.

Hmm... Your stupidity amuses me so....

Hold it!
We might be seeing Brawl sooner than that. Here's my tentative proof, http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000233.
Image Image
:ack: :ka-whip: Firm supporter of the :franny: / :phoenix: pairing. :object: :whip:

Master of sharp things!

RonStarwind wrote:
Hold it!
We might be seeing Brawl sooner than that. Here's my tentative proof, http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000233.

That's just a placeholder date to trick people into preordering the game sooner. It's not any sort of official release date, and until we hear it from Nintendo or the Smash Bros. website or something, any dates presented are just assumptions.

spr fckn srs peepz

Anders wrote:
Plus it gives them a few more months to make sure that they can work the bugs out of the online components. Whatever people say about Pokemon Battle Revolution, Smash Bros will be the first title that goes online on a large scale, and people are expecting it to be flawless. Given Nintendo's usual release date strategy, I propose that Super Smash Bros Brawl will be released on either November 26th or December 3, give or take a week. Remember that Melee wasn't released until early December either, which might play into their decision.

No matter how flawless it is, if it has friend codes, it's garbage.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Attorney Hatman wrote:
No matter how flawless it is, if it has friend codes, it's garbage.

I like how one flaw that's probably been blown out of proportion completely destroys your view of what will probably be an awesome game. I don't like friend codes any more than most people, but it's Nintendo's way of covering their asses. The more controversy they can avoid, the better. There will be a great many children playing this game, as well as most online games on Nintendo systems.

I have to agree that there's a very good chance that Brawl will be released in the winter. Certainly, with Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, and Pokemon all being released here in the summer, Brawl would be pushed back to the holiday season. As well, Melee was released in the winter (though I wouldn't count this, as it was one of the only first party games they had ready that could realistically launch with the system). It would also be wise to increase anticipation with a trailer/revelation at each of the shows coming up.

Still, I'm holding out for my summer / early fall release date. Call it wishful thinking. Godot

The world calls it love

Prosecution XIII wrote:
I have to agree that there's a very good chance that Brawl will be released in the winter. Certainly, with Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, and Pokemon all being released here in the summer, Brawl would be pushed back to the holiday season.

Wait, who ever said that Mario Galaxy was being released in the summer? There's been no announcement of a release date for it, and I don't expect to see that game until October at the absolute earliest. I imagine Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl as the two-headed-dragon that'll lead the Wii charge into the holiday season. ...but I digress, this is not a topic about release date speculation for unrelated games.

One thing I'm curious about is what new play styles they'll implement in the sequel. Smash Bros. was a very basic fighting game, Melee added a whole slew of additional options (giant melee, lightning mode, SUPER SUDDEN DEATH, and so on and so forth). Perhaps they could implement some sort of territory-holding game? I can't really think of any other ideas at the moment, but I'm sure that we'll be seeing more ways to smash...though it might be a while before we pick up some new info from the devs.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Territory-holding? Interesting concept considering most of the time either you're flying or you're opponents are.

... and the coin battle mode wasn't much at all.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

spr fckn srs peepz

Prosecution XIII wrote:
I like how one flaw that's probably been blown out of proportion completely destroys your view of what will probably be an awesome game. I don't like friend codes any more than most people, but it's Nintendo's way of covering their asses. The more controversy they can avoid, the better. There will be a great many children playing this game, as well as most online games on Nintendo systems.

I do recall we were talking about the online gameplay. As flawless as the online gameplay is, friend codes will most likely ruin the experience for many.

The game, in and of itself? It'll most likely be awesome. The online gameplay? Eeh... not so much.

well, if online gameplay was limited to just fighting, setting up the matches, and simple controller-activated responses like "Good fight!" and such, then there could be online play without friend codes.

But putting some sort of chat system might cause problems for the parents of younger gamers.

Honestly I don't care if the game uses friend codes or not. It might do a mix of both like Metroid Prime: Hunters did.

spr fckn srs peepz

It's just that, for anyone who's used to playing online games on non-Nintendo formats... friend codes are a pain in the ass. Meeting someone through the game is nearly impossible, even worse if you want to schedule a game against them particularly next time.

Prosecution... and ROCK

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Prosecution XIII wrote:

I do recall we were talking about the online gameplay. As flawless as the online gameplay is, friend codes will most likely ruin the experience for many.

The game, in and of itself? It'll most likely be awesome. The online gameplay? Eeh... not so much.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. My mistake.

spr fckn srs peepz

Hell, if I said the game sucked outright because of that and I wouldn't be getting it, I would be depriving myself the joy of playing with Metaknight, a guy I've wanted in this ever since the beginning.
Page 4 of 175 [ 6974 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 175  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station