Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 10 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 45  Next

Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

CatMuto wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:
Guys...I just watched episode 22 of the Persona 4 anime...wow. What a downer...

I uh...didn't see that coming...

Wait, which episode was that? I only watched until... uh... Episode 20, I think.

Spoiler:
Is it Nanako dying?

C-A

Yeah...

Eh... As emotional that scene is, it's mostly in my head as a bad memory... because in the game, it's part of a long series of cutscenes that you can't skip and if you fudge up on the choices later on, you have to rewatch it again to get to the part where you screwed up...

C-A

Must Watch Persona Video xD

Fool Bright wrote:

...you sonofabitch

Hey, Jaydencats! I'm watching her Persona 3 FES Let's Play.

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:
Eh... As emotional that scene is, it's mostly in my head as a bad memory... because in the game, it's part of a long series of cutscenes that you can't skip and if you fudge up on the choices later on, you have to rewatch it again to get to the part where you screwed up...

C-A

Oy... The unskippable cutscene. The bane of gamers with a schedule everywhere. Golden might have included a fast-forward option, but getting from the save point to the moment the important choices come up still took way too long for my preferences.

Fool Bright wrote:
Fool Bright, that salt is for putting on french fries, not rubbing in builderkid's wound.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Fool Bright, that salt is for putting on french fries, not rubbing in builderkid's wound.

I like fries. Are you going to treat me to fries?

builderkid107 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

I like fries. Are you going to treat me to fries?

@Luigi: Im sorry I just had too haha xD

@builderkid: I better get some french fries xD

Okay, I just finished the P4 Anime a couple days ago, and I really enjoyed it!

I also finished watching Jaydencats' Persona 3 FES LP, and I'm now watching The Answer.

Wow...

Yukari's a bitch in The Answer...

Yeah, Yukari's a bitch in the Answer. Then again, I think she was just as much of one in P3P itself.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

builderkid107 wrote:
Okay, I just finished the P4 Anime a couple days ago, and I really enjoyed it!

I also finished watching Jaydencats' Persona 3 FES LP, and I'm now watching The Answer.

Wow...

Yukari's a bitch in The Answer...

She's like that ALL the time for me but yeah especially in the The Answer.

Possibly the most infuriating bit of that 'DLC', in a game all about the choices you make and the bonds you forge you cannot make a single choice at the end about who to ally with and are stuck on some dead path.

When the big conflict starts breaking out I was like "Yeah Akihiko! You've got the right way of things, lets just team up, beat the crap out of Yukari and it'll be great" but no...you don't take any side and get ditched with the other Robot (who sucks).

Even the OTHERS who don't take a side Junpei and the dog you can't ally with and you are basically of the same mindset with them of "Find another way!"

Then Akihiko's like "Hey guys guess who overcame his elemental weakness JUST for this fight!"

Screw the Answer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Nah, I like The Answer. Mainly because Aigis looks fucking sick, I also like how you can beat the shit outta Yukari get to see some backstory about the characters. It's also kinda neat how you get to see how much you affected them after you've died.

Oh yeah, noone has asked for it, but here's the screencap my avatar is from.

Spoiler: Large image

It's from episode 15.

In Justice We Trust

I've decided to watch Jaydencats's LP of The Answer. Maybe it's too early, or maybe it's been too long since I watched SuperJeenius's LP of The Journey, but I'm not seeing why people have a problem with it yet. That said, I can sort of see why some people might have an issue with Yukari in this part.

Spoiler: Persona 3 Ending
It looks to me as though the protagonist's death hit her really, really hard.

Then again, I'm only about forty minutes in, so it's possible I'll have a different opinion later on.

General Luigi wrote:
I've decided to watch Jaydencats's LP of The Answer. Maybe it's too early, or maybe it's been too long since I watched SuperJeenius's LP of The Journey, but I'm not seeing why people have a problem with it yet. That said, I can sort of see why some people might have an issue with Yukari in this part.

Then again, I'm only about forty minutes in, so it's possible I'll have a different opinion later on.

Yeah...she got hit, really, really, REALLY hard by that. She's the only one that's hesitant to go back to the dorm.

Gettin' Old!

builderkid107 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Yeah...she got hit, really, really, REALLY hard by that. She's the only one that's hesitant to go back to the dorm.

Which is funny because my MC in P3 treated her with great justice (and by that I mean horribly).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Which is funny because my MC in P3 treated her with great justice (and by that I mean horribly).

Yeah, I liked Yukari in P3P FeMC, but I kinda hated her in The Answer, but I guess she had a reason for being a bitch.

--

Anyway, did anyone elses heart just skip when in Persona 4 Yukiko says "I love you".

Sorry, I'm lonely.

In Justice We Trust

I don't know if I would say mine skipped a beat, but that was definitely one of the more heartwarming moments in my book. Valentine's Day in Golden was also up there.

General Luigi wrote:
I don't know if I would say mine skipped a beat, but that was definitely one of the more heartwarming moments in my book. Valentine's Day in Golden was also up there.

I haven't seen the whole game, though. I'm watching Jaydencats' LP, so it's not golden.

I WANT A FUCKING VITAAA.

Ah geez, I need to get a Vita. <--Ironic

In Justice We Trust

I won't spoil the details, then, and to be fair, I've only seen Yukiko's event for that day. It's possible some of the other potential love interests have even better scenes.

Geez, if it wasn't for Phoenix Wright, Bravely Default, and ds support, I wouldn't even be thinking about getting a 3DS. I would be going full-force for a Vita. The main Persona games (1, 2, P3P, P4G) are on it, and PSN has all these PS1 games. Ugh, decisions, decisions. All we need is P4Arena on Vita.

Persona 4 Golden also has the new voice acting along with all that new stuff. Chie sounds actually 15 (She's only a year older than I am, huh...), and Teddie sounds like he did in the Anime. Good fun.

In Justice We Trust

I didn't really like Chie's voice at first, but I eventually warmed up to it. Now I'm so fond of the job Erin Fitzgerald did that Chie's voice in regular Persona 4 sounds horrible to me. You pretty much hit the nail on the head; Chie actually sounds like a teenager in Golden.

General Luigi wrote:
I didn't really like Chie's voice at first, but I eventually warmed up to it. Now I'm so fond of the job Erin Fitzgerald did that Chie's voice in regular Persona 4 sounds horrible to me. You pretty much hit the nail on the head; Chie actually sounds like a teenager in Golden.

I'm used to the Anime VAs, considering that's what I first watched. I also like the Anime Adachi.

(Fun Fact: Adachi in the game is voiced by the same voice actor that plays Yu Narukami in the show and his voice clips in the game.)

In Justice We Trust

I find it far more amusing that the person who voiced Chie in Golden is the same person who voiced Emmeryn in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Spoiler: Persona 3 FES: The Answer
Okay, so I just hit the point at which the team splits up. Looking in from the outside, I definitely agree with moving on rather than betting the world that you might be able to save your fallen comrade. That said, I can't bring myself to hate Yukari for her behavior. Is she being selfish, stubborn, and stupid? Without a doubt, but I get the impression she doesn't realize it herself at the moment. If she were trying to go back simply out of malice, I'd probably hate her, but I don't have any reason to believe malice played a role in her decision. Even though I usually (if not always) want them stopped, I can still sympathize with misguided people. As I said before, she's been hit really hard by the protagonist's death. Heck, I'd say she's been hit harder than even Aigis.

I feel her mindset during The Answer actually ties into the main theme of Persona 4. She's desperate to avoid facing the fact that the protagonist is dead, so she tries to distract herself. All her earlier talk of moving on was a façade. She was lying to herself, acting as though the protagonist's death hadn't hit her as hard as it really did. All that finally surfaced when she learned she could bring the protagonist back. Rather than accept her feelings and move on, though, she decided to run from them by trying to prevent them from ever having a reason to be there in the first place.

That said, I still fully support stopping her from going back to try to save the protagonist.

General Luigi wrote:
I find it far more amusing that the person who voiced Chie in Golden is the same person who voiced Emmeryn in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Okay, so I just hit the point at which the team splits up. Looking in from the outside, I definitely agree with moving on rather than betting the world that you might be able to save your fallen comrade. That said, I can't bring myself to hate Yukari for her behavior. Is she being selfish, stubborn, and stupid? Without a doubt, but I get the impression she doesn't realize it herself at the moment. If she were trying to go back simply out of malice, I'd probably hate her, but I don't have any reason to believe malice played a role in her decision. Even though I usually (if not always) want them stopped, I can still sympathize with misguided people. As I said before, she's been hit really hard by the protagonist's death. Heck, I'd say she's been hit harder than even Aigis.

I feel her mindset during The Answer actually ties into the main theme of Persona 4. She's desperate to avoid facing the fact that the protagonist is dead, so she tries to distract herself. All her earlier talk of moving on was a façade. She was lying to herself, acting as though the protagonist's death hadn't hit her as hard as it really did. All that finally surfaced when she learned she could bring the protagonist back. Rather than accept her feelings and move on, though, she decided to run from them by trying to prevent them from ever having a reason to be there in the first place.

Yeah, all she's doing is running. Which is weird with all this talk of moving on and accepting what's happened and all that.

I disagree that she's been hit harder, I think Aigis was his the hardest. Considering her only mission which was to protect you, she thinks that she had failed.

On that note, I thought that the ending of Persona 3 was depressing. I get that it's supposed to be a touching ending with Aigis and the MC sharing your last moment. But the ending FMV destroyed me. Your view looking over to all your friends watching as you take your final breath. That must have been devastating to watch. I mean, Mitsuru insinuates that she wants to fucking marry you! I thought it was depressing, at least.

In Justice We Trust

I suggest using spoiler tags. We might both know what happens, but what if someone new showed up?

Spoiler: Persona 3 FES
Gm... Maybe I don't remember Aigis as well as I thought I did, but she seemed to have taken the protagonist's death a lot better. Yes, she was hurt by her unfulfilled promise, but rather than run from the protagonist's death, she appeared to be searching for... well... an answer. And I feel the whole talk of moving on is part of the lie Yukari was telling herself. She hadn't moved on. She just pretended she had so she didn't have to face the truth.

Also, I am in full agreement with you on The Journey's ending. I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of the protagonist sacrificing himself for the greater good. I can think of at least one game in which that happened, and I had nothing against the ending of that game. Something about the way The Journey ended, though, just left me feeling empty inside. Maybe it's because the protagonist died well after sealing Nyx rather than the instant Nyx was sealed? At the moment, I can't really pinpoint what about the ending left me feeling so empty when another game had a similar ending that didn't leave me feeling that way.

General Luigi wrote:
I suggest using spoiler tags. We might both know what happens, but what if someone new showed up?

Spoiler: Persona 3 FES
Gm... Maybe I don't remember Aigis as well as I thought I did, but she seemed to have taken the protagonist's death a lot better. Yes, she was hurt by her unfulfilled promise, but rather than run from the protagonist's death, she appeared to be searching for... well... an answer. And I feel the whole talk of moving on is part of the lie Yukari was telling herself. She hadn't moved on. She just pretended she had so she didn't have to face the truth.

Also, I am in full agreement with you on The Journey's ending. I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of the protagonist sacrificing himself for the greater good. I can think of at least one game in which that happened, and I had nothing against the ending of that game. Something about the way The Journey ended, though, just left me feeling empty inside. Maybe it's because the protagonist died well after sealing Nyx rather than the instant Nyx was sealed? At the moment, I can't really pinpoint what about the ending left me feeling so empty when another game had a similar ending that didn't leave me feeling that way.

Yeah, it kinda annoys me when games do that. All these characters make you all these promises and at the end...they're left, unfulfilled. Its super depressing...

Quote:

Can't say I treated Yukari horrible. It was my 2nd Playthrough, I was playing as the guy and was attempting to get every Social Link maxed. When I focused on Yukari, I didn't care for her, but gave the answers that would increase the Rank. Which is stupid, since those are always the answers she wants to hear. How is a person supposed to mature if they just what they want?

Then I got to that event where I get her wallet back. None of the answers seemed all that right, I said I helped her cause she's a girl. And the freaking bitch blows up in my face! "Oh! So you felt I needed help cause I'm a girl!" And all that stuff.
Bitch, I just got you your wallet back and saved you from being beaten/raped! How about a Thank You? Or did your dead dad not teach you about common courtesy!? God, why do they even make Yukari seem oh-so-special with her dead dad, anyway? Look at the SEES members, all of them have at least one dead close person. Father, Mother, both parents, little sister, sort-of girlfriend, etc, etc. Your dead dad is nothing special.

God, she overreacts so much, what a bitch! Of course, the link reversed and I prayed or talked to her, to get her to freaking un-reverse, but oh no. She holds a grudge. So I said "Fuck that bitch" and just focused on Social Links I hadn't maxed in the first round.

Quote:
But the ending FMV destroyed me.

The what now? Oh wait, maybe you're referring to FES... yeah, my P3P version either had no FMVs at all (Female Route) or just a few (Male Route) and that one didn't seem to be there... at least, from what I remember about the ending.

Quote:
Yeah, I liked Yukari in P3P FeMC

Eh... in the Female Route, I felt she seemed to be very... boring.
Like every other Social Link in the Female Route...

By the way, in case anyone knows, if you max the link with Ken and romance and all... do you actually do it? I mean, he is only 10 years old and such... just wondering. Then again, I also read that Junpei's route can't be romanced. (Not that I ever felt like it...)

Quote:
Anyway, did anyone elses heart just skip when in Persona 4 Yukiko says "I love you".

Eh, I never got that scene. Because the only girl I romanced was Rise. I have nothing against Yukiko personally, but I think her reason for the shadow was pretty... shallow, if not silly. Come on, woman, your problem is not like Kanji's or Rise's, or even Naoto's! Yours can be solved by one simple conversation. You just go to your mom and say, "Mom, I feel rather forced to inherit the Inn and I do not like being forced..." and then you have a talk.

Spoiler: Yukiko Social Link Spoiler
Why do I have to spend weeks with you, planning your little rebellious phase, just for you to realize the Wizard of Oz message of "There's no place like home" and decide to inherit the inn, anyway?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:

That said, I still fully support stopping her from going back to try to save the protagonist.

Do you feel the Game should have given you the player some kind of choice at that point in the game?

Spoiler: As for Persona 3's ending
It still might be confusing to someone what actually happened at the end of the game. I mean I knew the protagonist died at the end but I felt it would be ambiguous and confusing if you didn't know what happened. Possibly because it's so unexpected because you survived the point you thought you would die at and Ryoji had pretty much given you the all clear to survive. I'd like it if Answer had opened with a small flashback scene of them discovering the protagonist was actually dead and reacting to that.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Omg I died xD

Gettin' Old!

Fool Bright wrote:

Graaagh I couldn't make 30 seconds of that review the reviewer is so annoying.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fool Bright wrote:

I don't care how funny he's trying to be with that "funny voice" but that voice is annoying. I ain't listening to it.

Here's another one labelled Persona 3 Is Overrated (Rant) by BlazingYuuki, I'll check that one out... oh wait, it's not a real rant, it's an objective view on why he thinks Persona 3 is overrated.
Sweet.

C-A

PS: When he mentioned his most-hated Social Link in Persona 3 is Yukari, I screamed "YES!" I swear, I just did that. :gant:

CatMuto wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

I don't care how funny he's trying to be with that "funny voice" but that voice is annoying. I ain't listening to it.

Here's another one labelled Persona 3 Is Overrated (Rant) by BlazingYuuki, I'll check that one out... oh wait, it's not a real rant, it's an objective view on why he thinks Persona 3 is overrated.
Sweet.

C-A

I just recorded my personal rant of the problems I think P3 has... it took me about 47 minutes... Oops.

C-A

So, I've been listening to the Persona 4 Golden tracks and one of my favorite is Shadow World.

I've got some other favorites, but I'm too lazy to track em down on the youtubes.

Huh. The Persona for the Lovers S. Link in Persona 4 is 'Undine', it kinda sounds like 'undying' as in, 'undying love'? Eh, just me...

In Justice We Trust

The pun is unintentional. The name was coined by a medieval alchemist and was used as the name for a water elemental/sprite/nymph. Pretty much every Persona in the game has origins in folklore, mythology, or literature.

General Luigi wrote:
The pun is unintentional. The name was coined by a medieval alchemist and was used as the name for a water elemental/sprite/nymph. Pretty much every Persona in the game has origins in folklore, mythology, or literature.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Hey guys. Watch this.
I guess spoilers for episode 15 of the Anime.
One of the best parts in the Anime

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:

Yeah I really liked how everything is based on somewhere since Folklore is pretty fascinating. If I recall correctly you can use the compendium to find the background information on all of them out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

So, today's Valentines Day. I've 'planned' out my day, just listen to music, maybe play some La-Mulana. Pretty Low-key day today.

What music? I'm listening to Persona 4 Golden right now, I'll probably listen to Persona 4/3/3FES. Who knows? I might have to watch another episode of Jaydencats' LP of Persona 4.
Page 10 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station