Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 39 posts ]

Games Other People Hate that you like/ Vice VersaTopic%20Title

You know, a Mario game!

As gamers, we all have opinions on which games don't deserve so much hate, and which games we want people to shut up about. This thread is for discussing those topics.

I like Sonic Lost World. I don't get why people say that it's a shitty Sonic game. They say it's not fast enough for a Sonic game, so? It's no slower than, say, Sonic Adventure or Sonic heroes! Besides, they probably don't even realize that you can run faster by holding down the ZR button. I really like the game, it's fun and it had a really great soundtrack, as to be expected from a Sonic game.

I like Skyward Sword. People say that the motion controls suck, but they worked well for me. They say the story isn't good, well it's no worse than, say, Ocarina Of Time's story! The dungeons are fun, and unlike Twilight Princess, you actually use the dungeon items outside the dungeon you get them in! Ghirahim is a great and memorable villain, I'd say he's an even better villain than Ganondorf himself!

I don't like Metal Gear Solid 3. It's the only main series Metal Gear Solid game I've played, and if the other ones are anything like it, the only one I will play. The medical system is stupid, I don't want to go into a menu every time I'm shot, I just want to continue the game! I don't like having to avoid enemies. I prefer when stealth games are more rewarding, allowing you to sneak up on enemies and quickly dispatch them in a satisfying way, like in Assassin's Creed. I don't find it fun, I find it tedious and frustrating.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Games Other People Hate that you like/ Vice VersaTopic%20Title

I love Skyward Sword. Peopel complain that the Motion Controls don't work, where as I can attest that I have no problem using them. I had more problems with my nunchuck, but that might be due to its age. They say the Origin story doesn't explain anything - for one, it explains the origins of the Master Sword, so if that isn't the origin story the player wanted, well tough, just cause it's not the one they wanted doesn't mean the origin story is non-existent. And for another, no Zelda game ever had a proper, big and epic story going on - I don't know what people are smoking to say the Zelda games ever had great stories. It's always the same thing, you gotta save the world, even if your initial incentive goes from "Save someone" to "Save the entire World". I love the game's art style, the dungeons are some of the funnest and prettiest since Twilight Princess for me and I absolutely adore the Ancient Cistern. I really love Ghirahim in that game.
Of course the game has flaws for me, too.
I find Demise to be a very boring, very disappointing villain, especially since he was somewhat built up throughout the course of the game. This game's Zelda incarnation is the worst to date for me, as she doesn't seem to do anything helpful for me except give me a Harp. Also hate the relationship between Zelda and Link - childhood friends... I heavily dislike childhood friends. And don't anybody tell me that romance is a big part of the plot, because it really isn't, the game kind of seems to forget at times that there was a potential crush going on. And this Zelda has the same problem as I had with other hostages in other games - I don't know anything about them, so why should I care or hurry to save them?

I also really like Final Fantasy XIII and Lightning Returns. XIII had a very fun battle system if you took the time to really learn it, especially if you tried to defeat bosses with different strategies or self-imposed restrictions as well. Majority of the cast was likeable or understandable for me and the music was nice. Then again, any FF game I've played, I liked the music. The "linearity" of the game didn't bother me. For one, I've seen worse and for another, I actually like it when a game focuses on the plot and doesn't allow me to be constantly distracted by some stupid side thingy that makes me forget what I'm supposed to do, anyway.
And with LR, I like a lot of things. I'm happy to have Lightning back as my main character, the NPCs may seem apathetic and lethargic, but given that 500 years of ageless-ness-but-not-immortality have passed, it makes sense for them to be that way. I love the customization - and anyone who complains about the semi-revealing outfits can calm down. Nothing in the game forces you into them, some of them aren't even that great to begin with, so really, why bother getting worked up about it? Hope's "Navi" role doesn't bother me, either. Also, I absolutely love that the game has Dual Audio in form of the Japanese Voiceacting DLC! (More games need to do that, stat)

I don't like Final Fantasy VII... nobody can make me see that this game supposedly still holds up to today's standards and hasn't aged terribly. I played it several years ago and those graphics made my eyes hurt. Seriously. I needed to rest my eyes afterwards, cause the blocky polygon hurt my eyes. The story is difficult to follow - which I wouldn't mind so much, I'm sure I would've followed it much easier had the goddamn translation been done at least semi-properly. But it wasn't. I found the characters to be stereotypes and nothing else, very boring and at times even infuriating. That supposed Love Triangle going on between Cloud, Tifa and Aerith? About as believeable of a Love Triangle as the Twilight one or the one from Final Fantasy IV. Nobody buys that there is proper attraction on any side, except maybe one and very one-sidedly. Aerith's death was not a shock for me, not because I was spoiled, but because there are huge hints that it will happen.
I also find her death to be done badly. She dies, then you suddenly fight a boss while her theme plays in the background - for one, that is not an appropriate song to play while fighting something, and for another, putting a boss there is just plain freaking dumb. It has no place there, it ruins the mood the game supposedly tried to create... and five minutes later, nobody seems to give a crap that Aerith just got shish-kebap'd. Oh no, Aerith died-Let's go snowboarding, whooo~! (Also, the fact that Cait Sith kind of died previously was also not a good idea - nobody likes that stupid little Judas, anyway, don't try to make us weep for this guy and then try to make us do it for Aerith, too)
I admit, I haven't finished the game. I tried to finish multiple times, I got past Disc 1 multiple times, but nothing in Disc 2 until I stopped somewhere snowy or windy, I forget, made me think things were getting better. So yeah, I never got to fight that awesome battle against a shirtless Sephiroth inside Cloud's homosexual libido'd mind* but I don't really care. Sephiroth was not a very entertaining or good villain, Cloud was annoying and I much rather would've had the game with Zack as the main character. Horray for Crisis Core for that...

* once again, I was attempting to get more enjoyment out of the game by seeing Cloud and Sephy as gay, but it didn't help much

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I've noticed that you're almost always the first person to reply to any of my new topics. Weird.

Anyways, how could I forget Super Paper Mario in my first post? That game is awesome! It may be different from other games in the series, but it's still a great game, certainly better than the travesty that was Sticker Star. It has a great plot, surprisingly dark for a Mario game, and it gives you some genuine tear jerker moments. It can get really emotional at times. The game's visuals are great, every level has its own unique look to it, from the Retro game look of Chapter 3, to the cave painting style of Chapter 5, to the dark and bleak atmosphere of Chapter 8. The music is phenomenal, it has everything I want in video game music, some tracks are catchy, some are atmospheric, and some are downright epic. The characters are really well written and memorable as well, from the creepily childish Mimi, to the tragic Count Bleck, to the absolute awesomeness that is Dimentio. This game is my second favorite Mario game ever, next to Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I have no idea why some people hate it, probably because they're whiny 5 year olds who can't handle change.
My Twitter Account

1000% Knight

Dangan freakin' Ronpa

how do people like that game

why did the franchise not fail

why are they making new games

why

I could've sworn we already had a thread for this, but I couldn't find it, so w/e
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Dangan freakin' Ronpa

why

I was tempted to list it in my first post, but wasn't sure... it was past 1 AM, I was tired and, well, I don't think I hate Danganronpa. I'm just severely disappointed in it. Considering how everyone blogs about it and says how awesome it is, yeah, I went into the game with my expectations higher than they should have been. Saying the murder mysteries are great, the characters are amazingly fleshed out and it's full of plot twists.

Well when I LP'd the game blind, I ended up figuring out, like, 95% of the plot twists before they happened because the game is not very subtle about anything. The characters are not very fleshed out beyond their quirky-appearanca-for-this-stereotype/character-trop, even with Free Time events. And once again, the class trials are a complete mess of wasted time because everyone takes way too freaking long to get to the actual contradiction, wasting even more time talking about "Hurr durr, but how could this happen?" when all I'm screaming is, "This happened now fucking let me say it!" and my mood went down the longer the class trials took.
Then again, it was fun practically slinging my words at them when they were talking shit.

Yeah, Danganronpa was a big disappointment for me. Especially since a character that should've died, didn't. And Danganronpa 2 didn't really improve on things, either. Even quirker appearances, even worse stereotypical characters and barely any big, important or entertaining changes to the mechanics.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

That's why I always try to go into games with no expectations, that way I'm not disappointed. If you have your expectations for a game too high, you're just bound to get disappointed.

I like Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. I don't know why everyone calls it the worst game in the series, is it just because it doesn't star Phoenix? It's my second favorite game next to Trials And Tribulations. The characters are some of the most memorable in the series, the cases are fun, and I loved that they brought back the forensic mechanics from 1-5, I was disappointed that they didn't return in GS5.

I love Luigi's Mansion. I have no idea why so many people hate this game! It's one of my all time favorite Gamecube games! The game is fun, unique, and creative, all qualities I love in games. The soundtrack, while limited, is pretty good, especially the main theme and the credits music.
My Twitter Account

I've felt worse.

I like Super Mario Sunshine. Most criticisms I've heard about the game target the stupidity of the Piantas and how "horrible"of a gameplay mechanic FLUDD is. Well, yes the Piantas are stupid, but I really don't see how that affects anything. It's a Mario game, the plot is only there as an excuse for the situation. And I actually found using FLUDD to be much more satisfying than 64's acrobatics.
Bad Player wrote:
Dangan freakin' Ronpa

why
Don't ask me why this exists.
Quote:
The "linearity" of the game didn't bother me. For one, I've seen worse and for another, I actually like it when a game focuses on the plot and doesn't allow me to be constantly distracted by some stupid side thingy that makes me forget what I'm supposed to do, anyway.

Too bad the plot decided to pull the stupidest twist a video game plot can contain.
Spoiler:
Every thing I did was because the villain wanted me to? Great. Now tell me why I should continue doing exactly what the villain wants me to do.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Too bad the plot decided to pull the stupidest twist a video game plot can contain.
Spoiler:
Every thing I did was because the villain wanted me to? Great. Now tell me why I should continue doing exactly what the villain wants me to do.

Oh please, that sort of twist has been done to death in previous games. As I've said it on other forums with this argument: I'm not saying that it's okay for this game to do it because others did it before, I'm saying there's no "right" to complain about this if the person who complains about it never complained about it in other games that did the same thing.

C-A

PS: I'd link to a TV Trope for it, but I currently can't remember what it's called.

1000% Knight

I haven't played FF13, but maybe this?

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh please, that sort of twist has been done to death in previous games. As I've said it on other forums with this argument: I'm not saying that it's okay for this game to do it because others did it before, I'm saying there's no "right" to complain about this if the person who complains about it never complained about it in other games that did the same thing.

C-A

PS: I'd link to a TV Trope for it, but I currently can't remember what it's called.

In most other uses of that trope, the "heroes" break out of the villain's scheme and finally put an end to their plans. Sometimes, the character is Doomed by Canon, so rather than making it a twist, the trope is apparent throughout the entire story. However, in FFXIII, everything they do is because the villain wants them to. They don't break out of the villain's scheme, instead they just think they broke out of the villain's scheme while following everything the villain wanted. Maybe it works in other forms of media, but not in a video game, where the player being in control is crucial to the enjoyment. This isn't helped by the fact that the heroes kept preaching to themselves that they make their own fate and that they won't wait for miracles to solve their problems, when in reality, they did everything the villain wanted them to and needed a Deus ex Machina to solve everything.
And yes, I hate when video games use that trope in general. The Metal Gear series has a huge obsession with it, which is why I can hardly take its plots seriously. At least MGS2 used it in a way to deconstruct the role of a video game protagonist.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
However, in FFXIII, everything they do is because the villain wants them to. They don't break out of the villain's scheme, instead they just think they broke out of the villain's scheme while following everything the villain wanted. Maybe it works in other forms of media, but not in a video game, where the player being in control is crucial to the enjoyment. This isn't helped by the fact that the heroes kept preaching to themselves that they make their own fate and that they won't wait for miracles to solve their problems, when in reality, they did everything the villain wanted them to and needed a Deus ex Machina to solve everything.

I disagree. Nothing in the game actually said that a Deus Ex Machina solved things for them. If you are referring to that vision they had after fighting the pen-ultimate boss, but not the final boss yet, yeah, that's a vision and they say it was like a new Focus Vision. It's just them thinking it meant something, when in actuality it likely meant nothing.
And you know what? At times, they didn't follow the the villain's way because they wanted to. They were trying to prevent the villain's plan from working - whole reason they rushed into Orphan's Cradle to begin with was to stop the Cavalry from killing Orphan, which would've doomed Cocoon. They didn't go in there to follow their Focus or to deny it. They had something else to do at that point.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Isn't Final Fantasy XIII the first Final Fantasy game with a female main protagonist? I think it is, but I'm not sure. Then again, I've heard so many people describe Lightning as just "Cloud with tits", but still. I haven't played the game, so I'm not going to make any judgements on it, unlike you. *cough*Kingdom Hearts *cough*

Anyways, I hate the original Mother. Its sequels are amazing, but the first game is crap. The gameplay is tedious and repetitive, there's zero balance, everything costs way too much money, random encounters are WAY too common. In fact, I hate random encounters in general. I don't understand why not all RPGs are like the Mario Rpgs, where you see the enemies in the field and touch them to enter a battle. I know it must have been possible back then, so why didn't they do it? I hate not being able to walk 2 steps without getting into a random battle. Random encounters are one of the main reasons I could never get into Pokemon, and why XD is the only Pokemon game I've ever beaten, as it doesn't have random encounters.
My Twitter Account

1000% Knight

dimentiorules wrote:
Isn't Final Fantasy XIII the first Final Fantasy game with a female main protagonist?

How dare you.

EDIT: Alternate shame.

You know, a Mario game!

Bad Player wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Isn't Final Fantasy XIII the first Final Fantasy game with a female main protagonist?

How dare you.

I meant like a main main protagonist. Final Fantasy VI is unique in that it doesn't really have a "main" protagonist.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

How dare you.

I meant like a main main protagonist. Final Fantasy VI is unique in that it doesn't really have a "main" protagonist.

That may be true, but the thing is that both halves of the games begin by controlling a female character and revolve around their problems at times? Tina in the first half a lot, and even the second half involves her realizing and learning things that even she, a half-esper can feel love.

C-A

1000% Knight

dimentiorules wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

How dare you.

Even then...

Gardevoir lover

Sonic unleashed, everyone i talk to say that it sucks but it's my personal favorite Sonic game, i have fun whenever i play through it.
I don't really see why people hate it.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Art Person

Ace Attorney's probably the only one my friends don't like, they can't stand reading XD
Also iDOLM@STER because... well, it's not in English, and so that means it's instantly bad (unfortunately)
~ Sprites・Art・Music ・Fangame~

Mijumaru wrote:
Ace Attorney's probably the only one my friends don't like, they can't stand reading XD
Also iDOLM@STER because... well, it's not in English, and so that means it's instantly bad (unfortunately)

Well I wouldn't say the fact that IM@S is in Japanese to be bad... the bad part is that it's not getting localized... or even a fan translation patch... :sadshoe:

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Sonic unleashed, everyone i talk to say that it sucks but it's my personal favorite Sonic game, i have fun whenever i play through it.

The reason people don't like it is because they act as if the Werehog stages are the most unplayable garbage on the face of the earth, which they aren't. Am I the only one who didn't think the Werehog stages were that bad?
My Twitter Account

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
Mijumaru wrote:

Well I wouldn't say the fact that IM@S is in Japanese to be bad... the bad part is that it's not getting localized... or even a fan translation patch... :sadshoe:

C-A

The only reason I say that is because for some reason where I live, anything not in English is ignored. I tried playing Taiko no Tatsujin with friends (Who've played Rhythm Heaven and other music games), and as soon as they heard it was in Japanese, they're like "No, this is shit" and didn't give it a go... :sadshoe:
--

Also, on the topic of games everyone seems to hate, Angry Birds. A series I at first enjoyed, then got bored and annoyed of for years, released a new game with new characters/art design, and improved physics, that's actually beatable! I'm enjoying this version, and for once, you don't need microtransactions (Which basically all versions have become now... $200 just for a kart in the kart racing one!) to progress. Just good ol' puzzle solving ability.
~ Sprites・Art・Music ・Fangame~

Enoshima Junko-chan!

dimentiorules wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

The reason people don't like it is because they act as if the Werehog stages are the most unplayable garbage on the face of the earth, which they aren't. Am I the only one who didn't think the Werehog stages were that bad?

The issue with the Werehog stages is that they're too long. Day stages last 2-4 minutes while you could spend almost half an hour on the night stages (also, the battle music is annoying). But the night stages themselves aren't that bad. They've got platforming that works with the stretchy arms, like climbing the clock tower in Rooftop Run.

The biggest problem with Sonic Unleashed is that you need to thoroughly scour the stages to collect medals to advance through the game.

On the topic of Sonic, I'm not a fan of the Adventure games. They're alright. But most Sonic fans worship the Adventure games as if they're masterpieces. They aren't. The only good parts about the Adventure games are the parts where you play as sonic and Shadow, and even those parts are plagued with clunky cameras. The other characters are just filler to pad out game time. The Genesis games, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations are vastly superior.

I do enjoy Sonic Unleashed, but the game as a whole is weak. I still play it regularly.

And this is not a series I hate, but one I feel indifferent to. It just doesn't generate any interest in me. Super Smash Bros. I just don't get the hype. Is it because of the character roster?

Ultimate Troll

Ocarina of Time gets waaaaaaay more attention than it deserves.
The game is good, but it's probably the second worst 3d zelda game.

Mario and Luigi dream team deserves more than it gets.
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

SquareMelonBread wrote:

:gant-clap2: YES! Wait, what's the worst 3D Zelda game? :ron:

C-A

Ultimate Troll

CatMuto wrote:
SquareMelonBread wrote:

C-A

Twilight Princess. Here's my list:

5. Twilight Princess
4. Ocarina
3. Wind Waker
2. Skyward Sword
1. Majoras Mask

(I own every zelda game except ALTTP, MC and four swords adventures, but I have not played so much of each. The only ones of the 3d zelda games I have played much of is Majora and Ocarina.)

ImageImage

O...kay... Why TP is the worst... except maybe it was built to be like Ocarina.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Speaking of which, I hate Majora's Mask. This may be because I have ADHD, and Majora's Mask is NOT for people with a short attention span. In order to get anything done you have to play the game for an extended period of time, as in order to save you need to reset time, which means when you start the game up again all the progress you made during that day cycle is lost. I'm especially irritated by the stray fairies in the dungeons, as I don't have the attention span to get them all in one sitting. Also, I don't like the fact that there's only 4 dungeons. Dungeons and bosses are in my opinion the best parts of any Zelda game, and the fact that there's only 4 of the former and 5 of the latter really ticks me off. I don't really like doing sidequests, in fact, when I play through a Zelda game for the first time, I just play through the story without doing any sidequests first, then once I finish the game normally, THEN I go for 100%.

I don't like Super Mario Galaxy 2. I don't HATE it, mind you, I just don't think it's as good as the first one. For one thing, it follows the Call Of Duty style of sequel making in that it's basically just an expansion pack. "Oh, but it has Yoshi in it!" Why does everyone make such a big deal out of Yoshi being in the game?! It's not like the Koopalings, where they haven't appeared in years! He doesn't even add that much to the game at all, as there's only a handful of levels you use him in. He definitely didn't deserve to be featured on the box art and all of the promotional material! Plus the boss fights mostly suck. I'm not saying the first game's bosses were all great, 'cause they weren't (I'm looking at you, Baron Brr,) but at least they don't point out the weakness of the boss to you when it's already insultingly obvious. "Geez, I would've never guessed that those giant red bulges on Gobblegut's body were his weakpoint. Thanks for telling me that, game!" Geez.
My Twitter Account

Ultimate Troll

dimentiorules wrote:
Speaking of which, I hate Majora's Mask.

:beef:

The reason I love Majoras Mask is the fantastic world of Termina. You really get to know the characters, even very uninmportant characters, like the swamp tourist guide. And on top of everything, the moon is making a huge amount of stress for the Terminians, and you can really see how it affects them.
And of course, we have Anju & Kafei. <3
I loved their sidequest.

ImageImage

SquareMelonBread wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Speaking of which, I hate Majora's Mask.

:beef:

The reason I love Majoras Mask is the fantastic world of Termina. You really get to know the characters, even very uninmportant characters, like the swamp tourist guide. And on top of everything, the moon is making a huge amount of stress for the Terminians, and you can really see how it affects them.
And of course, we have Anju & Kafei. <3
I loved their sidequest.

Oh yes I know everything about... uh that girl in that house with the creepy clown music. And, um, that guy who gives me the Bremer Mask. Yeah... and I personally... didn't like Anju and Kafei. Screams Romeo and Juliette and Darwin Awards in my face. You know, instead of trying to run off and believing in their loved one to run as well, opting to choose to live somewhere else with them, they decide instead to just stay behind and die...

And I agree dimentio, the low amount of dungeons was pretty iffy. I will admit, some of them were kinda interestingly designed, but others were pretty boring. Especially the Stone Tower Temple was annoying because you kept having to turn it upside-down and rightside-up again. (Didn't Nintendo hear the complaints of the similar concept and the tediousness of changing the water level in the Water Temple in Ocarina?)

The lack of saving didn't bother me too much, after all, they did add the Owl Statues in for temp saves. My problem with the time travelling and day cycles was that I kept having to rewind to do stuff, even basic plot stuff. After a while, I just felt like I was replaying the game over and over and just decided I didn't give a crap about any of these people anymore. I already had limited patience with the Gorons after Ocarina, Majora didn't make it better.

Also... Mikau's death scene. I think I've said it before, I find it incredibly stupid and mood-ruining that he supposedly has no energy left to move himself anymore, then leaps up, plays Dixie's guitar solo and is back to being energy-less. Ruins the entire mood. (Also, he's an idiot. Does he even know if those stupid tadpoles are even his? No. For all we know, Lulu could've mated with, I think, Jasper or one of the other guys in the group)

Also, the sidequests... I'm not too great on sidequests. In Zelda games, they range from being fun to annoying to okay. But MM's just seemed... the worst to me. Majority of them gave me nothing but a stupid mask. A stupid mask that had one single purpose in the game - not counting the "must have all to get the fierce deity mask", with said Mask being unnecessary since the boss is just fine and easy to defeat without it.

C-A

Ultimate Troll

I really don't like dungeobs that much in Zelda. Of course some are fantastic, like thieves hideout from ALBW and the Spirit temple in OOT, but these dungeobs had mainly annoyed me. Almost all of the temples in oot were bad.

And CatMuto, if you stalked every character in the game, you can watch their daily rourines, and get to know them better, by what they like to do, and stuff like that.
I remember stalking the little girl in Ikana once, I found out EVERYTHING ABOUT HER hahahaha (I must sound really creepy)
There may not be Persona relationships between the characters, but this isn't a slice of life JRPG.

ImageImage

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I got Wind Waker HD because everybody loves Zelda and then I play it and I have no idea where to go and one of the guys who "teaches" a song lies to you.

You know, a Mario game!

Speaking of the Zelda series, I don't like Twilight Princess, and I have no idea why some people claim it to be the best Zelda game ever. People trash Skyward Sword for having a slow start, yet Twilight Princess' start is just as slow, if not slower! I hated the fact that the dungeon items were basically just keys to unlock later parts of the dungeon. You almost never use any of the dungeon items outside of the dungeon you get them in! Give Skyward Sword some credit, at least it finds creative ways to use all of your dungeon items outside of the dungeon you get them in. The game is too dark, and I don't mean the tone or the plot, I mean literally, it's too dark! You can't see where you're going half of the time! Do they think that making everything so dark adds atmosphere? It doesn't! It just makes it hard to navigate! I also don't get the ending. Why did Midna have to destroy the Twilight Mirror?! It wasn't very likely that anything like this would happen again! This was just a half assed attempt by Nintendo to make the ending emotional. I also felt like the motion controls were tacked on and unnecessary. Give Skyward sword some credit, most of the things it used motion controls for would be near impossible to control with just buttons, though I don't like how the dialogue choices force you to use motion controls, those are the only exception.
My Twitter Account

Do you see the black one...or the white?

MBr wrote:
I got Wind Waker HD because everybody loves Zelda and then I play it and I have no idea where to go and one of the guys who "teaches" a song lies to you.

Really, Wind Waker is the easiest 3D Zelda game in my opinion and it's pretty straightforward as to where it wants you to go. Heck, the map on the Wii U gamepad marks your destinations, making it easier. Really, it only gets purposely open-ended during the triforce sidequest, but by then, you've pretty much been around the game world, so it's not that bad. At least this applies for me. Even in my first playthrough years ago on the GCN when it first came out, I never got lost.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

You know, a Mario game!

dullahan1 wrote:
MBr wrote:

Really, Wind Waker is the easiest 3D Zelda game in my opinion and it's pretty straightforward as to where it wants you to go. Heck, the map on the Wii U gamepad marks your destinations, making it easier. Really, it only gets purposely open-ended during the triforce sidequest, but by then, you've pretty much been around the game world, so it's not that bad. At least this applies for me. Even in my first playthrough years ago on the GCN when it first came out, I never got lost.

I've never gotten past the triforce charts part of the game, since it's a pain in the ass to have to grind rupees in order to get that $@#!$# Tingle to decipher them.
My Twitter Account

Quote:
And CatMuto, if you stalked every character in the game, you can watch their daily rourines, and get to know them better, by what they like to do, and stuff like that.

...and why would I want to do that? If the NPC isn't important to the plot, why should I care about them to begin with? I don't understand people who make a big deal out of NPCs - unless they're important, they are nothing more than moving furniture of the world.

Quote:
There may not be Persona relationships between the characters, but this isn't a slice of life JRPG.

Zelda games aren't RPGs - Period. They're Action Adventure games.

Quote:

Oh! Oh! Do you mean Liberace? The guy dancing in front of that grave?! That asshole made me try the song of passing in 4/4 tact multiple times until I realized I had to "ignore his random ass twirl" that he shoved in it. Wind Waker itself is... ehhhhh, it's okay. I mostly got sick and tired of the sailing VERY fast.

Quote:
I also felt like the motion controls were tacked on and unnecessary.

Which is exactly why I stay faaaaar away from Twilight Princess' Wii version. GC version all the way. The Wii version is a shit port that had stupid motion controls that are nothing more than waggling stuck onto them to have a Zelda game for the Wii, the entire world was flipped around (because you know, every single gamer person in the world is right-handed and instead of just flipping and coding a right-handed Link, we're flipping the entire world around) and has that stupid annoying ass fairy cursor.

Quote:
I've never gotten past the triforce charts part of the game, since it's a pain in the ass to have to grind rupees in order to get that $@#!$# Tingle to decipher them.

Changed in the HD version where you only have... I think 3 Triforce Charts to unlock the Shards. Rest of the locations got changed into Triforce Shards themselves. I mostly hated that part cause it forced me to sail all over goddamn creation to find this crap. You know, I read they removed 2 Dungeons out of the game to have it released sooner - if they had no time to code in 2 Dungeons, why did they have time to code in "Sail here. Fight this. Or solve this puzzle. Sail here. Do it again. And again. And again. Until you have all eight pieces." It was so ass-brain-numingly boring... I'm so glad I have Action Replay and just got myself the full Triforce when I needed it to skip the entire shit of that.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Yes, the guy dancing in front of the grave dances in 4/4. The last note isn't even a quarter note, it's an eighth note. This guy shits on music.

One other problem I had was getting into the temples. You need to get certain items to enter them, and I was told to go where sailors gather. So I go to Windfall Isle (it's the one with the windmill) and talk to everybody (especially the sailors) and I get no hints. Turns out I had to wait until the very next day and then those same NPCs gave me directions.

I'm currently stuck on the Triforce shards. I might as well use a walkthrough because I sail to the location on the map and nothing is there. I did get one when I used the hookshot to grapple along palm trees, but that was it.

And for all Zelda games, I'm just not comfortable with Link jumping on his own.

You know, a Mario game!

I didn't mind the dancing guy, I was able to figure it out perfectly, and I was 9 when I first played this game!

I liked Wario's Woods. It was a fun, addicting little time waster and I wish they'd remake it. I don't get why everyone thinks it's so hard to figure out, it's simple! I was able to figure this game out when I was 12 and I played it on an emulator!
My Twitter Account

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

SquareMelonBread wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
SquareMelonBread wrote:

C-A

Twilight Princess. Here's my list:

5. Twilight Princess
4. Ocarina
3. Wind Waker
2. Skyward Sword
1. Majoras Mask

(I own every zelda game except ALTTP, MC and four swords adventures, but I have not played so much of each. The only ones of the 3d zelda games I have played much of is Majora and Ocarina.)

Where is the love for Phantom hourglass and spirit Tracks :acro:
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I think alpha protocol for the xbox 360 was a game that got slammed but I really enjoyed it graphics could use work but I had none of the glitches people complained about and it was a fun mix of rpg and 3rd person shooter and the conversation system and the way actions affect things around you was amazing.
I know alot of people complained that guns do little damage , only applies if you didnt put points into them as it is more a rpg than a shooter
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station