Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Anyone have an Oculus Rift?Topic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'm currently thinking of getting an Oculus Rift Development Kit (I'm a cinema major but I do game development as a hobby, although I haven't done any actual 3D game design in years).

Anyone on Court-Records have one? What are your thoughts on it?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: Anyone have an Oculus Rift?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

From what I hear it's lauded as really innovative and great for immersion so it's used a lot for horror I hear.

Personally I think it's too clunky to be mass marketable and so it'll probably always remain on the outside of gaming peripherals, like Fight Sticks.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Anyone have an Oculus Rift?Topic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Pierre wrote:
From what I hear it's lauded as really innovative and great for immersion so it's used a lot for horror I hear.

Personally I think it's too clunky to be mass marketable and so it'll probably always remain on the outside of gaming peripherals, like Fight Sticks.

Yeah apparently Horror, Adventure, and Simulation games are the ones which really work well on it.

In its current state, there's no doubt it's too clunky for the mass market to get behind. Their sketches for the consumer version look a lot sleeker and more comfortable, but it remains to be seen how accurate to the real consumer version they will be.

I'm personally most interested in Adventure games. The game Obduction (by the creators of Myst) got enough Kickstarter funding to add Oculus Rift support, so I'm personally really excited about that.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station