Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 9[ 326 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: The Tales Of seriesTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

Turns out we were on Hard mode in ToS. Apparently there's a title you get from fighting 256 fights in hard mode, so my friend switched it over at some point... Anyway, we switched it to normal, and we're doing the "hard route," so we've upped our equipment at Hima/Luin/Asgard and are destroying everything. The plan is to switch it to hard mode once we get to Palmacosta, get the title, and go back to normal for good.

ughh... i want regal already :<
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

You do realize by switching, you destroyed whatever number of battles you had, already working for that title, right? :ron:

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
You do realize by switching, you destroyed whatever number of battles you had, already working for that title, right? :ron:

C-A

Google says the hard mode battles don't need to be consecutive :P

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Google says the hard mode battles don't need to be consecutive :P

Are you 100% sure? All the Tales Ofs I've played that had the Berserk title, all needed the battles to be done consecutively. (Reason why I had some difficulty with Arietta/Abbadon in Abyss right now, but I'm at over 200 battles right now and only need another 90 or so before I can switch to normal)

C-A

1000% Knight

Well, even if you do, it's too late now.

Can someone tell me, will Elle stop screaming any time soon? I just started Chapter 2.

Also, Ludger keeps talking! Stop that! Isn't he a mute protagonist until NG+? :ron:

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Can someone tell me, will Elle stop screaming any time soon? I just started Chapter 2.

She doesn't stop until late game. Disappointing, I know.

I don't have any relevant comments. This just needed to be done.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

She doesn't stop until late game. Disappointing, I know.

I don't have any relevant comments. This just needed to be done.

Well, I just entered Ludger (it is pronounced Lud-Gerr, there is a D in there! His name is not Looger and does not rhyme with boogger!)'s apartment again. She doesn't seem to have screamed much in the meantime - though her hate for tomatoes? Seriously? Tomatoes are awesome, now shut up, Elle, or daddy will put you over his knee. (And I made Ludger walk around in his jammies. Why? cause FUCK YOU, Julius. Also, if it's a - rare? - alt outfit, I'll take it. I saw DLC with all sorts of Mila outfits and Muzet getting Shihna's... I'm still trying to figure out my feelings on that last one)

But with my L1 button flying off the entire time, I'm having difficulty pressing it and doing the battle system all the way it's supposed to be done.

And I don't know who it is, but he looks like he belongs in a Final Fantasy game - or a Harvest Moon game, as the Harvest God.

C-A

PS: Man, these chapters are SHORT. Why even bother labelling them chapters?

According to the internet, if I have a savefile for Xillia and one for Graces f, I get an accessory of Yuri (I HATE THAT GUY, STOP SHILLING HIM, HE'S NOT FUCKING LUKE!) and one of Sophie (The Emotionless girl who has emotions from the get go). But when I started the game, it told me it had found a save file for Graces f TWICE and I got both... uh, no biggie, right? I mean, I don't care, I don't use them. Just confused me.

Also Xillia 2 seems to suck in the costume department. I have a recolor for Leia and Ludger's PJs. And even the DLC costumes suck - except for Milla, who gets everything. (I get it in Xillia, she's one of the main characters, but here?)

C-A

I've felt worse.

You get Yuri and Sophie plushies for playing and finishing Graces f. Playing and finishing Xillia gives you Jude and Millia plushies.
And yeah, the costumes are nothing to write home about. The only one I liked was the LRuca Milda DLC, because 1. I am a biased fool, and 2. it changes Ludger's transformation into Asura.

This is pretty much how the costumes are chosen. Zestiria hit Yuri, Leon, Mint, Zelos, and then missed the dartboard entirely for the rest. I mean, it's not like Alisha and Rose have anything in common with Cheria and Millia, or Edna's hands don't constantly phase through Elize's clothes, or Luke was an animal lover who fixated his entire existence on a lust for revenge (whooo).
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Alisha getting Cheria I can sort of understand - hey, they're both chicks and have pink/red hair, right? I mean, I enjoy Tales Cameo costumes, some of them are really cool designs - like Rutee's or Cless' outfits - but I don't want them to be nothing BUT cameo costumes. And I don't want all of them to be DLC-exclusive. Why not give me an in-game costumes that looks really similar to a cameo costume, but is a different color?

I mean, I am so sick of seeing Yuri and Leon costumes everywhere. Leon's doesn't even SUIT anyone except him. (I think it's the cape) And Yuri's begins to lose its appeal if I see it everywhere. It didn't even look all that good on Asbel, though Jude can just barely, maybe pull it off. (Btw WTF is with Jude's red pants in Xillia 2? The darker fabric on the inside makes it look like he pissed his pants)

And Xillia, why are BATHING SUITS DLC outfits? I know that Xillia was apparently rushed, but was Xillia 2 rushed as well? That's the only reason I can maybe understand that in-game costumes are either "Meh" or "Palette Swaps". (Though I only found Leia's up to now) How long does Muzét stay in my party? I want to know if it's worth it, to get the Shihna costume for her.

C-A

PS: Oh god, I need to backtrack now, don't I? Cause I kept walking and nothing stopped me... *sigh* At least I got a bit of EXP from Gentlemen. Also, I was CONVINCED I had an all-female party, aside from Ludger as my main, until I entered a town and the pop up remainded me my party was Ludger, Jude, Leia and Elize... ...yeah, that tells you something about Jude, doesn't it?

I've felt worse.

Quote:
And Xillia, why are BATHING SUITS DLC outfits? I know that Xillia was apparently rushed, but was Xillia 2 rushed as well? That's the only reason I can maybe understand that in-game costumes are either "Meh" or "Palette Swaps". (Though I only found Leia's up to now) How long does Muzét stay in my party? I want to know if it's worth it, to get the Shihna costume for her.

PS: Oh god, I need to backtrack now, don't I? Cause I kept walking and nothing stopped me... *sigh* At least I got a bit of EXP from Gentlemen.

Muzét's available to be in your party for Chapter 8 or 9, 13, 14, 16, and the character side-stories.
I don't recall hearing anything about Xillia 2 being rushed, but I did hear something about it being low budget. I can't actually confirm this, but given how many assets are reused between Xillia 1 and 2, I'd believe it. As for costumes, I believe you obtain the Xillia 1 designs from each character's third side story, a no-jacket variation from debt rewards, a business suit for Ludger in Chapter 14 on the 40th floor of the Spirius tower, and a "special" outfit for Gaius by searching Hamil after Milla's final character chapter.
By the way, if you've found Muzét, shouldn't you have a world map by now? You can use it to skip travel between locations at will just by pressing R3. Also, keep a separate save file right before you start Chapter 15. One of the endings can only be obtained with the correct dialogue options in that chapter.
CatMuto wrote:
Xillia 2 gives Kratos' Judgement outfit as a DLC costume? Sweet! But why Alvin? >_>

Because in the first game, Alvin had a severe case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, just like Revolver Ocelot from the Metal Gear series, who at one point was voiced by Cam Clarke, who voiced Kratos.

sumguy28 wrote:
Because in the first game, Alvin had a severe case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder

Which is why it made sense that Zelos would get Alvin's outfit - both are betrayors, but Kratos is quickly displayed as not being a 'real' traitor and being more helpful. As said, Kratos got Ludger's outfit because both are fathers: why not the reverse? Heck, Milla getting Dhaos' outfit makes sense (though a Maxwell outfit would be neat, too) and it looks pretty decent on her, too.

Quote:
Muzét's available to be in your party for Chapter 8 or 9, 13, 14, 16, and the character side-stories.

Well, I am in Chapter 7 and just entered Fracture Dimension F4SomethingSomething, so she should be available soon enough.

Quote:
By the way, if you've found Muzét, shouldn't you have a world map by now? You can use it to skip travel between locations at will just by pressing R3

Yes, I obtained it shortly after I crawled back to Adhian or whatever. Thank goodness I got it, too, cause I would've been so pissed, if I did not get SOME form of quick travel option eventually. (Since this game doesn't have an airship, from what I understand)

C-A

1000% Knight

sumguy28 wrote:
Because in the first game, Alvin had a severe case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder

And that's why he's the best~

Bad Player wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

And that's why he's the best~

I dunno... Alvin seems meh, up to now. Like, he seems sorry for backstabbing. He'd better have a damn good fucking reason for betraying me (as I've read) EIGHT times in one game. If not, he will be stamped with my 'whiny pussy' stamp. Though I will likely be biased, Matthew Mercer's voice bugs me.

Speaking of voice acting, I heard that Milla's English voice is disliked cause she can't express emotions. Either she got better, I don't know how bad it originally was or the voice direction was better, because she seems decent here. Though, I have to say... Um, nobody in this game seems to level their emotions properly. The characters are obviously showing lots of emotions, whereas the voice acting... kind of has the emotion, but is lacking a huge amount of the level of it. Like Muzét goes ballistic, but the voice acting sounds like "Die!" being yelled by a kid who's having a little too much fun 'killing' its lego people.

Oh! And either the EXP sucks now or I'm underleveled (Level 26~ got back from Fractured Dimension #1 and got Alt!Milla and unlocked Sad... Seh... something), cause bosses are being bitches.

If I get the 'Milla Costume Set' DLC for Xillia 2, does it carry over for Xillia, when I get the game? Or would I need to re-buy it? (Or is it vice-versa, need to download for Xillia, but is available for Xillia 2?)

C-A

PS: Hey, Spirius? You told me I'd get shit-ton of money for capturing Julius. I did, now where's my money, so I can pay off this pointless debt? (Can't I just kill Rideaux and call the debt quits? HE won't be needing my money, anymore)

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Speaking of voice acting, I heard that Milla's English voice is disliked cause she can't express emotions. Either she got better, I don't know how bad it originally was or the voice direction was better, because she seems decent here.

It's the voice direction. You'll see when Prime!Milla eventually shows up.
Quote:
Oh! And either the EXP sucks now or I'm underleveled (Level 26~ got back from Fractured Dimension #1 and got Alt!Milla and unlocked Sad... Seh... something), cause bosses are being bitches.

Chronos and Fractured Muzét were the bosses that gave players the most trouble up to that point. Here's one guy failing at the latter for fifty minutes straight. After them, the difficulty lowers for a bit until Gaius's side-Chapter 2. I was around level 27 at the time, so you should be fine.

You know, I'm tempted to get Xillia in Japanese cause Sakamoto Maaya voices Agria. Then again, I'm meeting English Agria right now and she sounds like a real C-Word. Then again, maybe her voice actress was told to overreact like crazy. (Could go for everyone in this game, actually)

Also, I had my first encounter with "MUTTON! FRESH MUTTON!" ........ and whoever in the localization team thought that was a good thing to add in, I hope they got spam mails of that line sent to them in high volume, on repeat for at least an hour.

I just read that, apparently, there is supposed to be a huge romance hint between Ludger and Alt Milla. Um... okay? Now, look. I understand character shilling being annoying (apparently it's done with Milla in the first game, anyway, and FF does it a lot, too) but the way I understood, the romance between Jude and Milla in Xillia was ALREADY pointlessly forced and apparently unbelieveable. Where is the romance there? Or, in Xillia 2's case, with Ludger? Then again, this is more mentioned to be supplementary reading material and the manga...

But I also read that several scenes that were more indicative of romance were not properly localized in Xillia, which might make the romance feel weird... which is another reason why I might import...

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
He'd better have a damn good fucking reason for betraying me (as I've read) EIGHT times in one game.

Nope!

...And that's why he's the best~

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
He'd better have a damn good fucking reason for betraying me (as I've read) EIGHT times in one game.

Nope!

I can already tell, I'll hate him. Then again, the Gorge and some other locations made me realize, I'd probably hate those locations in Xillia.

Also... SHUT! THE FUCK! UP, ALT MILLA! You stupid bitch, shut up and kindly don't ever utter a single word, until you die! She is obnoxious! I know she's a base breaker (as Milla was in Xillia, already) and some people like her, but I hate her. She's a whiner. And, unlike Luke, she does not have a good excuse or explanation for her behavior. She whines, complains, Oh my God, I can't WAIT for the scene where she whines and Gaius says, "Of course you're not the real Milla. The real one willingly sacrificed herself; she had proper resolve"!

By the way, their reason for keeping Ludger a mute protagonist is nice enough, but I think it backfires. I mean, glad to see that they learned from their 'mistake', if you want to call it that, in Abyss of having Sync and Ion and Luke and Asch voiced by the same people, but it still doesn't work here.

Spoiler: Xillia 2
Yes, it's to prevent us from realizing that Ludger and Victor's voices are the same, but WE HEARD LUDGER TALK IN THE BEGINNING! I complained about this when I started the game, you can hear him talk during cutscenes, skits and certain events. Some of which are around the same time as Victor's scene, so you DO hear it. Fail.

C-A

PS: Is it me or is Wingul speaking JAPANESE during battle?

I've felt worse.

Quote:
And, unlike Luke, she does not have a good excuse or explanation for her behavior.

You did kind of destroy the world that she only existed to protect.
Quote:
By the way, their reason for keeping Ludger a mute protagonist is nice enough, but I think it backfires.

I didn't even pay attention to the voices and I figured it out early. Hell, my little brother figured it out early, and he 1. wasn't even paying attention to the game, and 2. thought that Sophie's "death" early in Graces was permanent.

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Nope!

I can already tell, I'll hate him.

Xillia's whole plot is basically pointless garbage (even if it doesn't seem that way at first)

So even if the whole thing is pointless garbage, the way Alvin constantly betrays you and the way the party instantly forgives him every time (even if they 'say' they don't) at least injects some (unintentional) comedy into the thing.

Also, I liked English Milla's VAing in Xillia. It sounded relatively stiff and unemotional, but Milla's whole character was basically "I AM THE GREAT SPIRIT AND SO WHILE I KNOW OF HUMANS INTELLECTUALLY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEM EMOTIONALLY" so I thought it was intentional.

Quote:
You did kind of destroy the world that she only existed to protect.

Considering how her life seemed in that world - isolated from everyone by status, has no real power for anything anymore and abused by her sister for fourteen years - I kind of do not think that she's all that sad about those parts. Besides, her behavior in the prime dimension isn't that good, either: wants to kill people for using something with spyrix, when we make it quite clear that our Milla managed to do something, so that spyrix was not as bad as it used to be and were working on getting an alternative going. It's like she vehemently opposes everything, for no reason.

As said, Luke had a reason for being a spoiled, obnoxious brat. Aside from the plot twists, he was raised in his home, not allowed to go outside, and nobody really cared what he did, as long as he didn't leave. He has no world view at all, where as this Milla does seem to have it, regardless of being rather isolated.

Milla needs to shut up and stop whining about spyrix and nagging at Gaius. I don't know the guy (apparently, he's one of the big bads in the previous game) and her behavior is beyond obnoxious towards someone she doesn't know. Her world is gone and, given how it seemed peaceful, there was no need for her to protect it anymore.

Quote:
I didn't even pay attention to the voices and I figured it out early. Hell, my little brother figured it out early, and he 1. wasn't even paying attention to the game,

Yeah, heck, the Ludger and Elle thing is listed under Captain Obvious Reveal (Spoilers, obviously) and the fact that they are obviously trying to hide something, makes it all the more obvious and suspicious. Okay, Abyss made it obvious, since they're voiced by the same person and, well, look practically identical. Whatever. So, I can't say Either/Or is better, both just puts emphasis on it.

I think, if they want to pull something like this off, they should maybe get two different people to voice each character, but with somewhat-similarly sounding voices, so it isn't easy to realize immediately or by casting a person who is so good at changing their voice, most people are shocked to learn that something is done by the same person. (I listened to Take A Shot from Nanoha for years and knew it was Mizuki Nana, it took me a while to recognize she was the same voice for Collet, but altered it)

Quote:
and 2. thought that Sophie's "death" early in Graces was permanent.

Seriously? What did he think Tales Of is: Final Fantasy? Tales Of has not killed off playable characters... at least, that I know of. They'll kill NPCs and all, maybe have a game end with the hero or chick dying, but never during the game. Hence why the sacrifices in Symphonia were so blatantly stupid.

Then again, Sophie sucks as a character, for me... big deal made out of the emotionless girl getting emotions, when she sounded and acted like having emotions from the get-go. Like, I cannot care that she has them, when she doesn't act any different from before.

I'm now in Alvin's fractured dimension. And I'm so motherfucking sick of the debt... seriously, the game needs a "kill Rideaux and take no loan" option added into it. Or ask him why he put a price on human's lives, if he says one cannot do so. (I'm grateful he took care of Rollo) The debt is so pointless. Unless the game developers WANT the game to be the type where you don't have to upgrade your weapons and equipment every second to succeed. (Which they could have done by doing it similar to XIII, no Gil Drops or accessories being more influential, with better material upgrading)

I still don't know what to think of Nova...

C-A

PS: Spyrix, Spyrite, Spirits, Spywhatever, shut up about it. It sounds stupid. Like Hatoful with birdie instead of body.

Last edited by CatMuto on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Milla needs to shut up and stop whining about spyrix and nagging at Gaius. I don't know the guy (apparently, he's one of the big bads in the previous game)

He's the big bad.

...Not that he really does anything, though. About 3/4s through the Xillia the characters suddenly decide they need to stop Gaius from doing whatever he's going to do (don't ask me what that was though) so they fight Gaius and then the game is over. Hope that caught you up. :basil:

Quote:
Tales Of has not killed off playable characters... at least, that I know of.

Spoiler: Symphonia
Zelos in the route where you get Kratos back in your party :P

Bad Player wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler: Symphonia
Zelos in the route where you get Kratos back in your party :P

Not quite counting that, since Namco seems to imply that that is not the 'official' route.

Oh, can I say that I really like Leia's Xillia 1 outfit with the default Xillia 2 hair? The Xillia 1 hair is okay, it's too cutesy for my tastes, but it looks pretty cool with the updo. And the outfit is what I like, short, kinda cape-ish and flowy.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Oh, can I say that I really like Leia's Xillia 1 outfit with the default Xillia 2 hair? The Xillia 1 hair is okay, it's too cutesy for my tastes, but it looks pretty cool with the updo. And the outfit is what I like, short, kinda cape-ish and flowy.

Leia's hat in Xillia 2 is too stupid for me to notice any other part of her design

That and the fact that whenever she pops up on-screen I have to laugh at her for deciding to try to become a journalist

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Leia's hat in Xillia 2 is too stupid for me to notice any other part of her design

That and the fact that whenever she pops up on-screen I have to laugh at her for deciding to try to become a journalist

Well, I was referring to the Xillia outfit, not the Xillia 2 one. Plus, you can remove the hat - which I did, only one wearing anything is Milla with Takane's IM@S outfit and headband. Also, WHAT is the difference between Alt!Milla's default and her Dhaos hair? :ron:

Btw, Yurgen? ...is it supposed to be Jürgen? Considering we already have the German Ludger...

And aside from the affection with Alt!Milla, does the affection with others serve ANY purpose?

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:

I feel like Leia was only made a journalist so the developers could send a preemptive message to tumblr SJWs. She starts off writing with too much personal bias, declares herself right and racists complete assholes, can't understand why someone would see it differently,
Spoiler:
then opens here eyes when someone she knows turns out to be racist, starts collecting actual information for herself, and learns that objectivity is the cornerstone of proper journalism.

Quote:

Eternia and Zestiria did, though I didn't really care for those deaths.
Quote:
And aside from the affection with Alt!Milla, does the affection with others serve ANY purpose?

You get some arte and skill books as you increase affinity, at Rank 8 you can bring them into the post-game dungeon, rank 9 unlocks their dual mystic arte with Ludger, and rank 10 either gets you another palette swap for Ludger (which also changes the battle music), or lets you change the name of the dual mystic arte.

Quote:
Eternia and Zestiria did, though I didn't really care for those deaths.

...Oh! Yeah, Ras! Or... whatever his name was? See, that already proves how pointless he was to the game, I forgot that this character even exists.

Quote:
You get some arte and skill books as you increase affinity, at Rank 8 you can bring them into the post-game dungeon, rank 9 unlocks their dual mystic arte with Ludger, and rank 10 either gets you another palette swap for Ludger (which also changes the battle music), or lets you change the name of the dual mystic arte.

Mh. Palette Swaps. Well, might be nice.

The fractured dimensions thing is beginning to be a real hit and miss. Maybe I'm 'doing them wrong', but they seem to be getting shorter and less emotional. Like the story-one for Gaius, I'm like, "Okay, I read up on this, but... uh, where's the emotion? And why did Wingul not recognize Gaius immediately?" Then again, maybe I need to know Karla for longer than words. (Still... Outway?)

C-A

Ludger: "Judge isn't a bad cook, either."
Jude: "Oh, no. I'm nowhere near as good. You're the accomplished cook here. You could open up a restaurant."
Ludger: *blushes*
Jude: *blushes*

...I know I'm a Yaoi Fangirl, but now it feels like the game is actively telling me that Jude and Ludger are the official couple!

C-A

PS: By the way, Elize, why are you so intent on getting a Bunnykins? I am pretty sure I found/stole one in Spirius HQ at one point.

Best. Skit. I have encountered in my game up to now. (Next to all the other ones, where Ludger and Jude go gay for each other)

Now I really need to level, I think... Odin was a bitch and I was a few levels underneath. (But it's just so boring to walk around in those areas - also, I hate the Epsilla Ruins... they don't exist in Xillia, do they?)

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
PS: Is it me or is Wingul speaking JAPANESE during battle?

He's speaking in the Melnics language from Eternia.
CatMuto wrote:
Epsilla Ruins

Uggghhhh... so much potential... so little usage...
The technology there has been running for nearly one hundred thousand years. Considering that Elympios is currently facing an energy crisis, this could have been a huge discovery capable of accelerating Elympian power efficiency by decades. Yeah, it's sealed off in the prime dimension, but a few high rank spells could easily open the way. They also brought up that the idea that the fractured dimensions could be preserved by storing them as data. None of this is ever mentioned again.

Epsilla seems cool, and it would have made for a potential twist revelation that the 'Prime' Dimension is not a prime one at all, but merely a replica of the previous Prime Dimension, which faced some calamity and its information was stored with Odin's help, before being released in an attempt to re-face Origin's Trial again. I can see the lost potential with it and the environment was pretty amazing to look at, but it was a bit obnoxious to navigate in it.

I just started Chapter 11 (out of 15, I think I saw) and I don't seem to have advanced very fast with several Character Quests. I think Jude has the highest affection now with 5 Hearts, I think. Not on purpose, just that my picks tend to correspond with his way of thinking. (Or teasing) But with this chapter being labelled Milla Maxwell, I should get Prime Milla into my team soon... let's hope she's more tolerable than Alt Milla.

C-A

PS: "Milla this, Milla that, MY Milla, waah waah wahhh" shut up, Elle! Oh thank god, an option to make her shut up. Unfortunately, it doesn't involve smacking her. Little brat. The fuck did you do WRONG, Victor? Yeah, you're insane, but still. Don't raise your kid to be such a brat.

The weapons named after previous Tales Of games suck... do they get better or are they just sucky weapons?

C-A

I've felt worse.

You have to win the elite team arena, talk to the merchant in one of the caves (I think it was the fire one), grind for the materials in the post-game dungeon, then upgrade the weapon. It's only useful for NG+ on Unknown, and you might not even need it then due to the 5x experience bonus.

sumguy28 wrote:
You have to win the elite team arena, talk to the merchant in one of the caves (I think it was the fire one), grind for the materials in the post-game dungeon, then upgrade the weapon. It's only useful for NG+ on Unknown, and you might not even need it then due to the 5x experience bonus.

Ugh, what makes them think I'd do that much for some weapons? Why not go back to, like, Symphonia or Abyss? Collect weapons, beat boss and unlock the awesomeness of the now-unnecessary weapons, since you already beat the most difficult thing with it? Then again, only thing I know of post-game for Xillia 2 is that it is one thing: Palace of Darkness or something or other. Dunno, I was scrolling past a guide's list, looking if it had a list of all the DLC/Costumes.

But I started Chapter 12: Elle and I. This is where I'll fight Victor, correct? I saw a video of a Milla Solo... it was obnoxious, because Elle was screaming. Even in Japanese, her screaming is annoying.

By the way, Prime Milla's voice is okay. I find it a bit more tolerable than Alt Milla, mostly cause Prilla isn't a tsundere. I am very biased when it comes to Tsunderes. Though her voice clips seem to be lower, I sometimes have difficulty hearing what she says post-battle. (Also, Milla + Rideaux's Shades = Hilarious Wannabe Gangster)

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Xillia 2 hot springs scene

:fire:
I wasted days trying to pay off that debt, and what do I get?
Spoiler:
Digested by Teepo. How the fuck does that even work, anyway? He's a toy, a child's plaything. He shouldn't have a digestive system. And the previous game showed that Elize uses Teepo as a storage case, so did Elize purposely fill Teepo with hydrochloric acid for the express purpose of digesting a human? What's wrong with you, Elize? Who taught you how to dispose of bodies? Why am I even trying to make sense of a hot spring scene in a JRPG?

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Xillia 2 hot springs scene

:fire:
I wasted days trying to pay off that debt, and what do I get?
Spoiler:
Digested by Teepo. How the fuck does that even work, anyway? He's a toy, a child's plaything. He shouldn't have a digestive system. And the previous game showed that Elize uses Teepo as a storage case, so did Elize purposely fill Teepo with hydrochloric acid for the express purpose of digesting a human? What's wrong with you, Elize? Who taught you how to dispose of bodies? Why am I even trying to make sense of a hot spring scene in a JRPG?

Maybe they didn't want a repeat of the Symphonia Hot Springs, with Lloyd mistaken for peeping. Hey, Namco, how about making a hot spring scene WITHOUT peeping? God forbid, your characters are mature enough to discuss whether they are fine with going co-ed and, if they're not, they take turns. Problem solved.

If they want to make a joke out of Alvin (and Rowen, though he seems more the teasing type who really never does anything) wanting to look at the girls in *GASP* bathing towels, then... I dunno, make it where the girls are bathing, then switch to further away, where Alvin is about to go look at them and then the 'tethering' keeps him in place. Although the image (TSFW) looks fun. But that might be my Yaoi mind. (Poor Rollo...)

I wonder, was this their plan for the Xillia hot spring that they needed to cut, cause the game was rushed? Were they already planning on putting Jude, Rowen and Alvin into Teepo a year ago?

By the way, is it me or is Milla horribly proportioned? She doesn't seem to have very wide hips, but has a super tiny waist and huge knockers BAZONGAS. I know that this outfit's pattern makes it look thinner, but looking at her from the side in-game, makes it look like it's still too thin.

Looking at some Tales Of images, they should give someone like Leia (or similar fighting style character) Kohaku's outfit. Or give a mage Annie's outfit. They're not used often and they do look pretty neat. (On the male side, how about Hisui's outfit? That's a neat jacket.)

...do I get an achievement for getting rid of my debt? If not, I might stop bothering with it. But I'm past Chapter 13 (second Chronos fight) and still only have TWO Trophies in total.

And how's the Zest game? I've seen battle footage, which seems it's another Team Destiny one (with SC or whatever, they tend to add complicated stuff...) and I know that the hero is setting out to become... a sheperd?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
...do I get an achievement for getting rid of my debt? If not, I might stop bothering with it. But I'm past Chapter 13 (second Chronos fight) and still only have TWO Trophies in total.

Yes, but don't bother with it, at least until the post-game. There's an exploit in the bonus dungeon you can use to pay off the debt easily. Of course, that requires you to complete the bonus dungeon, which can be downright tedious.

Quote:
And how's the Zest game? I've seen battle footage, which seems it's another Team Destiny one (with SC or whatever, they tend to add complicated stuff...) and I know that the hero is setting out to become... a sheperd?

First of all, if you're thinking about the PS3 version, don't. From what I've heard, the game has horrible lag on the PS3, despite the fact that it's capped at 30 frames per second. The PS4 and PC versions are capable of running it at full speed, though it's still capped at 30 fps. Bamco claimed that making the game run at 60 fps would break the battle system, yet within three weeks, someone made a mod for the PC version to run at 60 fps by changing only three lines of code.
The gameplay itself is okay at best. Think Graces + unlimited free run - shortcuts - any trace of competent AI + fusion + bosses that can temporarily become invincible if it breaks out of a combo and you get Zestiria's combat. I said earlier that I didn't think fusion was too overpowered, but after reaching the end, yeah it's overpowered. And I'm not kidding about the AI. Try this: set all of your party members in Xillia 2 to only guard and never attack. Notice how they know how to block when necessary, at least for a while. In Zestiria, you try that, and they're dead within 20 seconds. Worst of all is that the enemy AI feels like it's programmed to go for the incompetent AI first. There's a skill that supposed to let you draw the enemy aggro by guarding. It doesn't work. At all. More detailed analysis here.
The story... Hideo Baba claimed that he "wanted to create a classic adventure story, supported by a cast of characters who all have some sort of unique passion that guides them in their actions." I only saw that in Sorey and Lailah. The other party members are just kind of there, just following along because they had nothing better to do. And I hate Rose. No matter what she does, the narrative always claims she's right and never questions it. The one good thing I can say is that there may or may not kinda sort of possibly be
Spoiler:
a canon same sex couple within the main cast.

tl;dr Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak seraphs stronger.

Wait, so Daddy lied to me? He said I don't have to take care of that 'pesky loan' anymore and Nova confirmed! Daddy is a liar. Screw Bisley. Seriously. (Then again, this is the third time I've fought Rideaux... that's the last one, right? Also, can Ivar stop calling himself a handmaid? It sounds silly... reminds me of the skit)

And I put in my order to import Xillia.

C-A

1000% Knight

sumguy28 wrote:
The story... Hideo Baba claimed that he "wanted to create a classic adventure story, supported by a cast of characters who all have some sort of unique passion that guides them in their actions." I only saw that in Sorey and Lailah. The other party members are just kind of there, just following along because they had nothing better to do.

Sounds exactly like Xillia :basil:
Page 5 of 9 [ 326 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station