Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Bravely Default, anyone?Topic%20Title

Heh heh.

I searched for it and I didn't find a topic... So, seeing as it's coming out in NoA on Friday, I thought I'd make one~ (though if it does exist and I just didn't see it, do redirect me!)

Anyone else excited? I normally hate non-Pokemon turn-based, but that opinion seems to have been turning itself around, lately...
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Re: Bravely Default, anyone?Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

My brother said he'll get it for me as a late Bday present. Will be fun i guess, but first i'll finish Dual destinies.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Bravely Default is pretty solid.

Still working through it but the gameplay is awesome.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Fate Testarossa

YES YES YES

ALL MY HYPE

IT'S COMING OUT FRIDAY

AND I'M SO EXCITE~~~~~~

(unfortunately, i've got pesky midterms and projects and stuff like that...)

Fate is made by クロス

1000% Knight

Yes.

YES.

YES.

Well, I beat the original, and didn't get For The Sequel, and don't play on getting it. But Bravely Default is easily my favorite 3DS game, and I can't wait for Bravely Second.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Mostly human

Really addictive game, I had to stop myself playing it to get some important university work done and now I'm finding it hard to jump back in so I can finally finish it.

I think it's generally a very good game, decent level of challenge, unique (and good) battle system and the job system is great fun as well. My main (and pretty much only) complaint is that JRPGs often really drag on near the end of the game and I don't think I've ever played one that does it as badly as this one. It really sours the overall experience.

I really couldn't imagine clearing that last section without the stuff that this version of the game (versus the original japanese version) added in, like being to turn off encounters.

All in all though, I'd be happy to play a sequel where these issues are ironed out, the fundamentals here are gold.

Don't call me Shirley

Early reviews made me believe the game was gonna be the next xenoblade, alas I suspect that reviewers and importers (who are sadly often prone to praise like hell japan only games (see tales of rebirth or recent FFs before them coming to the west)) wanted, tried , a bit too much to see in the game the next FF9. As it turns out, it's more of a spiritual sequel to FF gaiden or FF I. It's not an ambitious game with flawed execution like xenoblade, it's a game that really ambitions to not being ambitious. Budget was obviously lacking, too, what with the utter lack of exploration and different places to visit, and the second half is really piss poor. At least battles are fun !

1000% Knight

*shrug* I really liked it.

While I like exploration, there were enough sidequests throughout the game that I didn't really feel closed into the main quest the entire time.

Also I loved the second half (and I played the sucky original version of it!). But yeah, that segment of the game is pretty divisive, and I can understand people who don't like it.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Shtak wrote:
Early reviews made me believe the game was gonna be the next xenoblade, alas I suspect that reviewers and importers (who are sadly often prone to praise like hell japan only games (see tales of rebirth or recent FFs before them coming to the west)) wanted, tried , a bit too much to see in the game the next FF9. As it turns out, it's more of a spiritual sequel to FF gaiden or FF I. It's not an ambitious game with flawed execution like xenoblade, it's a game that really ambitions to not being ambitious. Budget was obviously lacking, too, what with the utter lack of exploration and different places to visit, and the second half is really piss poor. At least battles are fun !

Well sounds like you won't be getting the sequel!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Don't call me Shirley

Blak The Great wrote:
Shtak wrote:

Well sounds like you won't be getting the sequel!

It's no big deal if the game remains story centered, most good RPGs are. But I want the towns to actually feel like real place, not hallways. Maybe the better production values will help.

Gettin' Old!

The differences they are talking about in terms of 'story' over 'exploration' really don't sound like a big deal.

Like random encounters over symbol encounters? That's how it's always been in the West, plus they say they want a bigger world with more to do so it really can't go wrong.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

All my YES!

This game has got to be the best JRPG in decades! The combat system is just amazing and unique, not to mention the sense of freedom given to the player. (Or you can get your ass kicked if you didn't have the encounter rate to -100, that works too.)
The soundtrack is also just beautiful.

My main complaint is the story, it's just too plain and dull. Not to mention, cliche.

Oh well, I heard that they'll be fixing that in the next game. I just hope they don't ruin what they perfected in the first game.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Here is a quiz on the official page on what your job in Bravely Default would be and your secondary job. My main job was Time Mage, my secondary that of a Black Mage.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

I wonder how they base that on? Hopefully not on the people you get the asterisks from because they tend to be horrible XP
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Don't call me Shirley

CatMuto wrote:

Well, what do you know. I'm a merchant/white mage. I might have answered the thing too seriously.

Gettin' Old!

Huh I got Time Mage as well, with a secondary in White Mage!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Mostly human

Finished the game and the last section had a surprising (and necessary) step up in quality.

Spoiler:
The fights in the last chapter were generally enjoyable and I loved the mixing up of the teams in the tower. If they'd been this inventive with the fights in the last few chapters or just shaken them up with new abilities I'd have probably been less turned off. I still think the groundhog day loop was a bad idea though, it doesn't do the story any benefits by making the party look incompetent/stupid and it causes the story to really lose momentum. It's also just generally the worst kind of way to pad out game time, which seems particularly irritating in a game like this that was already plenty long.

The last bosses were pretty good and I loved the weird meta stuff with the celestial realm, multiple worlds and the usage of the 3DS camera. The bosses could have done with less stupidly high full party damage spam and losing to Ouroboros' last form through it would have been really disheartening, but they were generally about the right level of difficulty and ridiculousness I'd hope to get from a JRPG boss.

Still hate how speed works though.

Got time mage/ninja btw

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I got Ninja/Dark Knight. Excellent.
Time to go destroy my body so I can do more damage to my enemies.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Fate Testarossa

I got Ninja/Vampire.

Awwwww yeaaaaaaah.

Also, up to Chapter 6 right now. Not really getting the dislike for the second half, considering, well... That's the entire point. xP

Fate is made by クロス

Ultimate Troll

I got Conjurer/Pirate. :cody:
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

Ace Explorer

Time to perform a little necromancy on this thread, I guess...
I'm not too terribly far into the game-Oh, who the hell am I kidding, I'm still only on the intro chapter!
But I'm already seeing why some people say it's like a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy, what with the job and battle systems.
:think-think-think: Actually, what I've seen of the plot so far is reminding me of FF5 at least, what with the four elemental crystals being attacked by the evil forces.
(FF5 is the only one that I know anything about, and even that's from an LP that's only 6 episodes in, so if that's like any other ones too, then I didn't know.)

Oh, and as for that quiz, I got white mage/time mage.
Well? Are we going or what?
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station